Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I used to post "on the computer" and when going on the computer stopped being an activity and something inescapable, I stopped posting. But now, as middle-age approaches, sometimes I take long shits and need something to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Disco Pope posted:

I used to post "on the computer" and when going on the computer stopped being an activity and something inescapable, I stopped posting.

:hmmyes:

Exclusively on the Awful app now, but my decrepit rear end thumbs can only post so fast, and dumps only last so long.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
i post from my work pc. if i ever stop having a desk job i;ll probably log off forever

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

If my job ever actually challenges me mentally I'd have no time to post

hemanoncrack
Jan 23, 2003

I AM WET
I only get one post a year so I try to make it count.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I was trying to get in touch with thr author of a book and found out she had abruptly stopped posting last year.

Turns out she died.:(

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I'm on a diet so I try limit myself to 0.69 good solid posts per day, but every now and then I have a cheat day so I can poo poo up the forums with my bad opinions.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i post from my work pc. if i ever stop having a desk job i;ll probably log off forever
this is the way

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Darth Brooks posted:

Sometimes they just die.

This is basically my assumption. If I wanted to make sure you all knew that I died, I would have to be fully aware that I had some sort of terminal illness, not have any accidents like randomly getting hit by a bus or whatever, and retain consciousness & access to at least one of my communication devices until the second I died.

I'm a single childless woman who lives alone & works from home so if I died in my apartment, it would probably take a little while even for my non-SA friends/family to figure out that I was gone.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

:hmmyes:

MehrTentakelnBitte
Jun 27, 2014

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhl'apn
Didn't post here until post-30, when my life started its REAL downward spiral
SA would have to shut down to keep me away, and even then I'll probably read the Internet Archive when I get desperate. Maybe the internet going away altogether?

Every other site I've posted on in the last 20 years has long ago shut down, become completely unusably broken, or is full of inscrutable zoomers. :corsair:

I haven't posted on DA since middle school and I STILL check in on it maybe twice a year, simply because it still exists somehow!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I stopped posting one day in like 2011 because I got banned. It wasn't a perma, so I tried to re-reg right away but for whatever reason the forums thingers wouldn't take my payment. I tried a bunch of times and it never worked. I even emailed whoever the gently caress was in charge and was all like "I'm trying to give you money but payment thing doesn't work" but never heard back.

I kept trying periodically probably once a year or so until whatever my reg date currently is before it finally worked. Now here I am. I reached the pinnacle of forums posting a few years back when I made my 6969th post and its been downhill ever since.

Have to admit that I spend way too much time here, but I like looking at old threads or ones that are like 10+ years old and seeing people who were banned and never came back, those who were permabanned, looking at their rap sheets and whatnot.

One thing I definitely noticed when I came back was how much less traffic there was on the forums. A/T is a ghost town compared to when I got banned in 2011 and before that for example.

Also gently caress it, Spinz was nice to me a few times. I think she's fine and not an awful poster. Suck a hyena's rear end if you disagree.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I can stop posting when I die.

I like posting and the people here.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Treecko posted:

I can stop posting when I die.

I like posting and the people here.

Thank you

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Maybe i will, right now <:mad:>

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program
Sometimes the posts leave you

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
I don't entirely understand the phenomenon, but I've heard that users who say the name "Candlejack" typically stop posting soon after, potentially even in the middle of

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
A coward, op.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Colonel Cancer posted:

Maybe i will, right now <:mad:>

hopefully

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I'm here for a long time, not a good time

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Stopped posting for one day and I started having heart palpitations and my breathing became short and difficult. The room was spinning by the time I managed to get to my computer and post again.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
sometimes i like to imagine what all the old forum superstars that no longer post are doing instead

knitting, watching old tv reruns, doing laundry

thats all i can think of

except for justinonfire, he definitely stopped cuz he is too busy plowing his stepmom

Philthy fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 5, 2023

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

I post therefore i am

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Sometimes I'm doing other stuff, and I forget that this website's a thing for a few days, or a week, or months, or maybe a year or two.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

as long as the alternatives are literally every other social media thing ill be here. holla.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

I stopped posting one day in like 2011 because I got banned. It wasn't a perma, so I tried to re-reg right away but for whatever reason the forums thingers wouldn't take my payment. I tried a bunch of times and it never worked. I even emailed whoever the gently caress was in charge and was all like "I'm trying to give you money but payment thing doesn't work" but never heard back.

I kept trying periodically probably once a year or so until whatever my reg date currently is before it finally worked. Now here I am. I reached the pinnacle of forums posting a few years back when I made my 6969th post and its been downhill ever since.

Have to admit that I spend way too much time here, but I like looking at old threads or ones that are like 10+ years old and seeing people who were banned and never came back, those who were permabanned, looking at their rap sheets and whatnot.

One thing I definitely noticed when I came back was how much less traffic there was on the forums. A/T is a ghost town compared to when I got banned in 2011 and before that for example.

Also gently caress it, Spinz was nice to me a few times. I think she's fine and not an awful poster. Suck a hyena's rear end if you disagree.

I know people probably skipped over this thinking it was too long but, pro click guys this was a real accomplishment, we'll never see posting of this caliber again.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I stopped posting for nearly a decade and missed all the lols from 2011-2021, did anything particularly funny happen

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Dell_Zincht posted:

I stopped posting for nearly a decade and missed all the lols from 2011-2021, did anything particularly funny happen

chickencheese was pretty sweet

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Spinz was nice to me a few times. I think she's fine and not an awful poster. Suck a hyena's rear end if you disagree.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

sometimes a person just wants to lurk

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

TK8325 posted:

sometimes a person just wants to lurk

But unironically.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

45 and still postin :smuggo:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Thanks
The big heel turn on my rep is a trip and shows how the forum has changed a bit in the last 7ish years

:aaa:

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
You cant get your money back so you may as well make the most of it

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Spinz posted:

Thanks
The big heel turn on my rep is a trip and shows how the forum has changed a bit in the last 7ish years

:aaa:

lol oh for sure

naem
May 29, 2011

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i bet their real life just gets too hectic in most cases. i stopped posting for years at one point.

I switched to facebook etc social media for three girlfriends worth of time aka about 6 years and then came back to SA

thanks dysfunctional social life

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Cabbages and Kings posted:

look at this overhead footage from WVa.

:waycool:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Spinz is cool as gently caress and I’ll dickpunch anyone that says different.

I don’t post that much because I’m a bit boring and I have fuckall to say

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
what if one day u just forgot to poste and never remembered again....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I once posted by mistake, I'll post and let everyone know if it happens again