Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I found out when I went to get a COVID booster in Nov. 2021 that the health insurance I'd been paying for for 2+ years at my employer at the time had my birthdate listed as 4/14/2019 instead of 4/14/86, so I was ineligible to receive care until the insurance company dealt with the primary holder supposedly being 2 years old. Thankfully I was grandfathered into a sweetheart plan negotiated in 1999, so I was paying $28/mo for the same plan my previous employer had me paying ~$150/mo for. Sayonara to that one when that plant closed for good in March :sigh:

when I first started working there, single was $14/mo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

That's called "your employer wants you all going independent through the marketplace and to stop loving with their bottom-line"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

pencilhands posted:

is obamacare any better?

it depends on plans, but the plan your employer purchased for all of you was purchased out of sheer contempt for a law they have to follow and they don't actually want you using it

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

pencilhands posted:

i swear ive seen stuff on healthcare.gov that was equivalently as lovely are you guys sure

you are in the fun position where your employer hates you so much for working for them and causing them the trouble of buying an insurance plan, that you have to spend days of your life shopping for health insurance

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i have a blood disorder and maybe cancer??? (seeing my dr today to get the results of the latest biopsy), and need regular IVIG to keep my platelets at a level where my blood isn't actively trying to kill me. i get it 1-2 times a month right now. and i need special type-matched stuff cause i have O- blood. i looked up the cost in america for this and it's ten thousand loving dollars per dose lmfao. in america i'd probably just die

My brother has MODY, has a good insurance plan, is in a union, and the insurance company constantly rejects paying for his labs and insulin because, "MODY is not actually diabetes"
They've also done this to my mother for 20 years, once they changed her diagnosis from type 1 to MODY

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 5, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Philthy posted:

what a scam, and im not sure how insurance companies aren't cracking down on that poo poo

the insurance company is like 50% of the reason why an Ensure is inflated 1,750%

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i know this is psycho rereg guy but lol that some stupid rear end americans think that american domestic policy like obamacare is the reason for CoL increases, pretending the whole rest of the world doesn't exist

watching the chip shortage happen in real-time was really eye-opening as to how hosed everything is worldwide, because it was all a house of cards built on the guarantee that something like COVID would never, ever happen, pinky swear

it took 5 months from "there's a weird virus in china," to, "you're all laid off for at least a month because we can't build circuitboards anymore," while at the same time worldwide healthcare systems were in free-fall

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 6, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Toxic Mental posted:

I call the insurance company - the ambulance company never contacted THEM.

Tricore loves pulling this poo poo for labs

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Bad Purchase posted:

that’s good advice and you are lucky your doctor didn’t just put you on blood pressure meds before trying to control it in a healthier way first

lmao yeah you should be thanking your doctor for not just rolling their eyes and immediately putting you on the most expensive designer statin there is currently, pencilhands

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Yeah but you went to a doctor instead

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

shoulda posted in there then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

pencilhands posted:

heres the loving lovely thing i live in the ONE state where if you dont have health insurance you get fined thousands of dollars

take that up with Willard Romney