Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NyoroEevee
May 21, 2020
I like seeing Ronin and Hexer in action, and the points mentioned in Troubadour's favor are compelling to me. Therefore, Rina, Cantata, and Misaka.

(Edit: update on previous page)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
Yolanda, Melissa, and Misaka, because why not choose violence on the first boss?

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

NyoroEevee posted:

I like seeing Ronin and Hexer in action, and the points mentioned in Troubadour's favor are compelling to me. Therefore, Rina, Cantata, and Misaka.

(Edit: update on previous page)

Backing this.

And I would vote Heilen in, but I think it'll be interesting to see how you deal with him without the resident white mage healer. Plus, it'll let us see how good buffing and debuffing really can be, combined with raw power.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Hyahahaha! Failure as a human! Failure as a human!
Voting is closed This is the team you chose against Fenrir.

Yolanda: 1
Salvador: 3
Stace: 1
Duncan: 1
Heilen: 1
Melissa: 3
Cantata: 3
Misaka: 5
Rina: 3

An expected outcome.
Just to be sure, we're killing every enemy in there, right?
He can send as many wolves as he wants. Numbers mean nothing against Alchemy.
Look at me mom and dad...
I'm not so sure about this formation but if I break his jaw we should be fine; right?

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Uploaded by accident again, whoops

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Ah dang, fell behind a bit and missed the vote. That's...a very squishy team, oh dear. At least you have Sapping!

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
I uh..assumed more people were going to place the Protector in there. Whoops.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Update 7

"Music: The Lounge Where We Speak of Tomorrow"

You and Sal on the frontline, are you out of your mind?

Not even that, bringing Cantata and Rina with you.

A good offense is the best defense.

Rina is more than enough to survive the attacks of Fenrir.

Hey! Get back inside.

*grunt*

I believe they're capable enough!

I don't know guys... I don't want you to die because you got cocky. At least bring Heilen along.

We can do it, I know!

Cantata please, this is not a game.

It's not a game for me...!

She know that Stace, I've been teaching her how to use a bow and her voice can give us the edge we need in battle. Please, have faith in us.

*sigh* Do what you want, at least come back alive so I can patch you up.

Don't let those two get injured.

I'll make you proud Yolanda, I swear it upon my blade!

Wait, where's Melissa?

Waiting at the entrance.

What's taking them so long?

"Music: The Green Green Woodlands"

Weren't we on the entrance a minute ago?

Obviously I'm not going to show any battles . To reach Fenrir you'll have to go through the entire Stratum, be sure to bring a few extra Medicas to heal the damage from random encounters. There is a way to skip Fenrir, let me show you.

Mmm...

Thinking about our battle plan?

I wonder if we could get past Fenrir...

Why is he a cat?

First, kill the FOE in the middle and get closer to Fenrir always leaving one tile between you two. If you get closer the battle will immediately start.

Return to the door, Fenrir will try to attack you. Bosses tend to be are black FOEs.

Once you have your back against the door, exit the room.

Pspspspsps.

Enter the room but don't attack Fenrir.

Exit the room and take 4 steps to the right.

Still looking for us? We are already gone.

Return to Fenrir's Lair and enter. Don't worry he can't attack you, even if his icon is red.

Nigerundayooo!

Walk in a straight line, you'll find the stairs that lead to the 2nd Stratum.

Otherwise just do a quicksave. Yeah, those exist now and are very helpful against bosses due to how long it takes to reach them.

Woah! What an amazing plan.

Just one small problem, the mission said Defeat Fenrir we can't just leave him be.

That was the plan all along Melissa.

Okay this time for real.

There are 7 FOEs in this room, 8 if you want to count Fenrir too.

Okami I challenge you!

Umm...

What is it Cantata?

I'm scared...

We will protect you, don't worry little one.

What about me?

"Music: A Sudden Gust of Wind Before Your Eyes"

Skoll

Level: 15

HP: 400

STR: 54
TEC: 21
VIT: 30
AGI: 32
LUC: 32

Skills:

Fang: A Cut attack that deals 90% damage to a single target. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.
Evil Cry: Increases ATK by 50% and has an 80% speed modifier.

Exp: 612

Item Drops:

: Stiff Hide 30% Drop Rate. Sells for 85 En.

5 required for Hide Armor (Light Armor) DEF+4, HP+5
1 Required for Gourmand's Request

Description: White-pelted wolves who hunt in the Labyrinth's upper reaches, under Fenrir's command.

Damage Resistances:
: 100% : 100% : 100%
: 150% : 50% : 100%

Ailment Resistances:
: 50% : 10% : 25%

Bind Resistances:
: 20% : 20% : 20%

Yes, that's a "new enemy" even if they use the same sprite. Skolls have more HP and better stats compared to the Wolves at B4F. Unlike Wolves delivering a turbo fast basic attack on the first turn making the second turn a gamble (since being targeted twice means death) Skolls like using Evil Cry on the first turn and if your team is strong enough the fight can end in a single turn.

To the death!

This is how I picture Evil Cry

Evil Cry increases their attack by 50% (Or 150% if you prefer it like that) this means the next attack they do will hurt a lot, unfortunately for them...

Go all out!

Bad boy!

Slash!

Fireball!

Aw, just look at you.

Tsk...

Justo en el blanco.

Skolls are basically glass cannons, if you can't kill them on turn 1 they'll hit someone very hard. If you can well... Enjoy the free EXP.

They're also your last chance to get Stiff Hides before fighting Fenrir, so keep that in mind.

So much for Fenrir's "elite soldiers".

I hope Fenrir isn't as weak as his minions.

How about a little challenge then? How about we face Fenrir and the rest of the Skolls.

You're lucky Stace isn't here to yell at you.

If it's too much for you that's okay.

I'll make you swallow those words, come on.

. . .

Odd pair.

Now this is a proper fight, I Tsukino Misaka from Guild Mikado challenge you, prepare yourself Alpha Oka-

"Music: Dyed in Blood" :siren: Fenrir Fight :siren:

NEKO?!

Btw that wasn't a joke, we're fighting all FOEs in this room including Fenrir on this update. Skolls joining Fenrir is the worst thing that can happen during this fight if you're unprepared and that's exactly why we're gonna do it. Misaka and Salvador will use basic attacks until the Skolls get closer. Melissa will use Fire and not Flame yet, I need to manage her TP really well.

Cantata is one of the most important party members. Once casted, Bravery will last indefinitely, this also applies to Blaze. Imbuing the weapons of damage dealers with small TP pools like Misaka is vital to keep the damage consistent. Remember we need to kill the Skolls on the first turn and the extra damage from composite attacks is just what we needl.

Sapping is a very important skill, a 40% ATK reduction will help the team a lot since Fenrir hits like a truck. Without mods or NG+ you won't have a Hexer at this point of the game. Let me show you what a Hexer is capable of when being avaliable this early. :getin:

Itai...!

Just look at that damage, and those are just the basic attacks. Once we deal enough damage he'll start to use Coldfang, hopefully Fenrir doesn't use Roar since I have no way to cure ailments right now.

Leave her alone!

Stay calm! And be mindful of many times you can use those gauntlets.

Miss Ronin...!

Your body feels numb...

Skolls will start to move now, I need to finish the preparations.

Stay strong Miss Ronin!

Help is on the way, don't die okay?

Hng...! Ahora es mi turno!

From 98 to 50 dmg. Sapping is so good.

You're okay now.

Time for some retribution.

I could do this all day!

Fenrir has taken enough damage and will start to use Coldfang, Rina can stop that. Another vital skill is Cranial, Fenrir uses the head for both Roar and Coldfang.

Those are some nice fangs you have, mind if I.... TWIST! one of them?

Another Blaze, unfortunately Cantata doesn't have enough TP for a third one.

Try again.

Skolls are getting closer let's set the Overhead stance with Misaka. Salvador will use a Medica on himself and Cantata will recover some TP to cast Blaze one more time.

Almost, try again.

Salvador has a free buff slot so I'll make him use a Bravant. Since the Ronin stances take a buff slot I can't make Misaka use one, maybe it's for the best since that extra 20% damage taken is too risky for her.

Those extra 15 TP are very important, you'll see.

And finally Cantata will use Blaze on herself, she has the same Bow as Salvador granting her a STR and TEC boost.

Head binds also reduce your accuracy by 20%

Okay the team is ready. Attack! :black101:

Come closer, if you dare...

Trying to attack my companions with those paws?

Not anymore.

Feel my heated words!

Agilao!

I warned you. HIYA!

He's still trying.

5 More to go.

He looks ready to bite again, can you do something about it?

Just the way Yolanda told me.

Misaka will use a boosted Overhead. Due to a bug, using boosted stances on the DS version does nothing. This was fixed on the HD remaster.

Cantata will use Amrita on Misaka, unfortunately this means I don't have enough damage to kill this Skoll in a single turn.

Perhaps breaking your jaw would be better.

Not good, I'm going to take a turbo fast basic attack this turn...

I've been waiting for this.

Ah!

Now you've done it...

Casting Sapping will cancel the Evil Cry buff, if you don't have a Troubadour you can use a Hexer for some fights. Keep in mind some skills need a Troubadour to be dispelled, but that's a story for another time.

Violence.

Boost also works on basic attacks, there's barely any reason to do that unless you're using composite attacks. Speaking of which...

Here.

Bad kitty!

:stare: :stare: :stare:

I taught her that. :c00lbutt:

BEHOLD THE POWER OF COMPOSITE ATTACKS! :yeshaha:

Remember the Amrita I used on Melissa? I did it so she could cast Flame twice in a row, ending the fight with 0 TP. :smug:

What was that again Sal? Too much for me?

Well you made me swallow those words.

Lmao look at that EXP. Also, out of 7 Skolls I only got 1 Stiff Hide, thanks game. We need 1 Stiff Hide for a quest so I'll store that one, I already unlocked the armor after all.

Hahahaha~

Cantata?

hahaha... *sob*

Are you injured? Let's go back to town, we can check the next floor later.

Hey, it's okay. It's over.

We did it...we did it...! We did it Mom and Dad, we...

Is that why you joined?

Mm-hm...

Parents, huh...

Are you crying too?

What if I'm crying? It's a normal react- S-Sal? You...

I'm just happy for her. Let's take a deep breath and move to the next floor if everyone agrees.

Where is Misaka?

Tatarara~ I present you, Fenrir's fang! It had two but...

What?

No, nothing... Let's take this back to Etria as a proof of our- Why are you all crying?

Could Nihon be down there?

Hmm.

Whatever is down there, we'll defeat it!

I hope I can keep supporting you all~

As long it has enough limbs to break.

"Music: The Vast Primeval Hidden Grove"

Oh dear this place. I wouldn't call it the worst Stratum in the series but it's definitely at the bottom of the list for me. It introduces one new gimmick on hoo boy it sucks on the DS version. I think it's the second longest Stratum in the game due to one specific quest, the amount of places to explore, and you also get one of the two keys to unlock the doors with a white crystal on them.

It's so hot in here...

I already hate this place, can we leave?

Over there.

I feel like we've seen this before...

I like it, it's pink.

Behind us!

Ren senpai!

Well done, Mikado explorers. Rid of the wolves, the Emerald Grove agains knows peace.

:gerty:

In overcoming hardships and growing stronger, you honor the Explorers Guild. After defeating Fenrir you will be known as high-ranking adventurers of Etria.

We get it.

The pleasantries thus dispensed with, Ren points to the unearthly light behind you.

Hold on, I felt something similar at the entrance of the Labyrinth, did the Radha created it?

Truthfully, no one knows what created it, or for that purpose, but its power is formidable. Touch it, and you will find yourself elsewhere. The Radha's Chieftain pioneered its use.

Chieftain...

Though you must be eager to explore a new Stratum, I advise you to return to town first.

Ugh... so bright.

They're gone!

A teleporting device... I wonder how it works.

Shall we?

Wait, aren't you guys curious about the enemies lurking here? How about a little peek...

You had undertaken a mission from the Radha to defeat Fenrir! It would be best to report your victory over the beast before exploring this new region.

Come on, that can wait.

I'm hungry, can we go?

Okay... only because I would hate seeing Cantata hungry.

"Music: The Roadside Trees Outside the Window"

Huh.

It worked.

Let's go to the pub!

We can now use the Geomagnetic Field to teleport back to the entrance of the second Stratum. That's why I mentioned the Fenrir skip, if you don't want to use quicksaves or do a lot of backtracking there's always that option.

First things first. Now that we reached the 2nd Stratum the NPCs have new dialogue, finally!

We're that famous already? Kyaaaa~

That's where the real Etrian Odyssey adventure begins! Prepare yourselves with a good night's sleep!

Hello there Mr. Drillo.

*grunt*

You guys!

I knew you could do it.

Now that's an odd pair, what are you two doing here?

I'm helping Heilen! He needed someone else to complete his report.

And now I regret asking you.

Ruuude~

Let's meet at the pub later to celebrate okay? I still have some... what is that?!

The fang of Fenrir, the Alpha Okami!

Kitty.

The Alpha Neko!

Do you mind if I take a look before you sell it?

Sure, we're looking for Dr. Hoffman.

He should be back any minute now, oh there he is.

You look terrible. Was the leader of the Wolves that strong?

Not if he can't bite, hehe...

We'll be careful Doc.

I'm not sure how to feel about sacrificing explorers to the onward march of medicine...

Here you go, the material is similar to the horn of those bulls we found. I can tell the weapon that comes out of this will be good. I'll be sure to add this to the next report.

I wouldn't mind a better katana.

Though I'm happy t'see you taking care of t'weapons you already have, of course!

Hey.

Rumor has it you guys made it all the way down to the second Stratum. No kidding?

Surprised?

I heard the monsters there are no joke. Come back alive, okay? I'll have a glass waiting.

You sign up a good crew?

Of course.

Let's just tell Quinn we defeated Fenrir.

"Music: Reparation"

...It seems you've defeated that dreadful pack of wolves, along with their leader, Fenrir. I thank you all. I thought you to be common novices, but you've grown into fine adventurers. It always lifts my spirits to see young adventurers growing stronger. Continue working hard to explore the forest while improving your skills.

Good thing my skills are always improving.

Ah yes, I almost forgot. For defeating Fenrir... We present a small reward to show our gratitude for all your hard work.

Moneeeey.

Woah...

Hm.

Huge Fang x1 unlocks Celtis ATK+32. Price: 500 En.

The Celtis is a massive upgrade compared to our previous axe having ATK+18. Definitely buying it for Yolanda.

So about that celebration...

I wouldn't mind to celebrate our success a little bit. Do you want something to eat Cantata?

Cantata?

O-Oh! Hm-mm!

Off we go then.

A few days later...

"Music: The Roadside Trees Outside the Window"

*sigh*

Oh, it's you Sal. Good morning! Did you went to scout at night again?

Something like that. Are you exploring the Labyrinth today?

You know it! Want to come with us? Misaka and Rina said they hate the place. I'm sure they'll join us later but for now I guess it's you and me again!

That's what they told you huh. Try talking with Rina later okay? It's about Cantata and I think you should handle this one. I would also like to rest for a while if that's okay with you.

No problems at all. I'll see who I can find.

Here, I marked a location on the first floor. Remember where we found the wolf at night? Go there, and don't forget about Rina and Cantata.

I won't!

Mmm MmMmMmMmm~ MmmMmm Mmm Mmm~

Do you actually enjoy doing this?

I do yes, but doing it on my own can be quite tiresome. Which is why-

You asked me for help. Yeah, yeah I know.

Well if you have energy to complain you should be able to finish the report about elemental weaknesses. You're the alchemist after all.

*sigh* Why are you working in this small town? You seem rather capable to work in bigger cities.

Small towns are my life Melissa. I've been traveling from town to town before arriving here.

Where do you come from?

I was born in a small town to the north-east, nearby some mountains.

Uh huh, where is your accent then?

I don't like to uze my eccent. Ess you ken see iz difficult to undeztand, vich iss not ideal for a Doctor.

I-I see... I would like to know more about that but we should finish this report first.

Jawohl.

Hey guys!

I'm telling you yellowhead! The plants are alive down there!

Yellowhead?

Don't let them deceeeeeeive you!

What else can you tell us about the enemies down there?

Ah, a fellow bluehead. I'll gladly give you more advice. The slimes... THE SLIMEEEES!

What about them?!

Beware them, beware their speed!

Oh you guys were here.

Another yellowhead, yuck! Yuck I say!

What was that about?

Some crazy person.

I see. Do you want to explore the new Stratum today? Melissa and Heilen are coming along too.

It would be a pleasure.

Yup yup!

Have you seen the others?

Misaka said she wanted to train, no clue about Rina or Cantata.

Easy there boss, you forget those two helped to defeat Fenrir?

You're right Duncan, how about we check on Quests before heading out?

Decided to take the request, have you? It's from an explorer who's a regular here.

That's me!

He was ambushed in the forest with his friends, by an unknown monster on the 5th floor. It was too much for them to handle, so they panicked and ran away.

She means we made a tactical withdrawal GAHAHA!

What a cheery protector.

They said it was a terrible poisonous spider that's usually seen deeper in the Labyrinth... You've been around the 5th floor a few times by now, right? The target is a monster that appears on the 5th floor where there'd normally be nothing. Get rid of it before more kids like them run afoul of it, okay? I'll be praying for you.

Monty, a kid? Right.

At heart!

Great, I love butterflies!

Decided to take the request, have you? Good I've been hoping someone would. This one comes from Mrs. Meryl, Etria's finest designer. Every Etrian girl's dream is to step out wearing the accessories she creates. Her newest design, though... Well, she says she needs five Insect Eyes from butterflies. I'm a fan of her accessories myself, but... I might not stand in line for this one. Well then, off you go.

I always make sure to pray for my companions.

Decided to take the request, have you? Good I've been hoping someone would. This girl wants you to gather Starseeds for a love charm that supposedly grants wishes. She said she'll need five of them to complete the charm. It's kind of like wishing on a star, in a way... Cute.

He's a millionaire's but the reward is 500 Ental?

Decided to take the request, have you? I'm glad you're the ones who accepted it. There used to be an old man in Etria who grew lots of different types of flowers. I visited his garden now and then, and it always struck me as incredibly beautiful... Anyway, I heard the old man died the other day. In his will, he asked that someone try to grow the only flower he could never raise. His last words where that he knew it bloomed in a certain place in the Labyrinth, and only in the morning... But he found out that it was on the 6th floor. And of course, he was in no condition to go somewhere as dangerous as that. I have the flower seeds he left behind. Will you please give it a try? I know the old man will be rooting for you, wherever he is now...

Well then, to the Labyrinth we go!

It smells so good in here...

*screech*

Much better without the oversized bug at least.

Thank you Rina.

I wanted to ask about your parents if that's okay.

S-Send them money... after joining the Guild. T-That's what I wanted.

Just ask Yolanda. She will say yes.

But...

I met them at a Mining Point. After I binded them she-

REEE

Yes yes, you were there too. They tried to attack Mr. Dillo so I sealed their body parts, even after that she wanted me to join. How much do you need? Remember they still need to buy new equipment.

I don't know...

Let's ask her together then.

*nod*

Let's rest for now, Mr. Dillo will let us know if anything tries to come closer. But with that bow of yours I doubt that's a problem.

Hehe~

Shine!

*pant* Not enough...!

And that's everything from the Emerald Grove! Well not quite...but I'll leave that for the next update alongside to the new Quests and of course new Stratum to explore! After almost a month I finally finished the first Stratum. I want to thank everyone who's been reading the LP. Oh, before I forget, remember this is the first time I do an Screenshot Let's Play and feedback is always welcome. If you have any issues with the LP or a character you submitted please let me know and I'll do my best to improve! Okay this time for real, bye bye. :cheersbird:

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 1, 2024

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
...holy crap, I honestly thought we had accidentally screwed you over there with the lack of a Protector. Glad to be proven wrong.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

There is only a couple of fights where I'd really like to have a Protector, other than that...I think I can handle it. Please feel free to vote for any party member you want, it wouldn't be fun to watch otherwise. After killing the Stalker thanks to Sapping and binds I knew I could clown on Fenrir even harder.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Nicely executed.

Can I make one request? A lot of the time you take screenshots of an attack being used but not the damage number, which really doesn't tell us much on how the party's doing. Any chance you could try to include the numbers a bit more often? I like seeing them go up :getin:

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Oh that is because the numbers only show up after the animation is already gone and I didn't wanted the screenshots to be only numbers since some of those have cool sprites like Midareba and Crush. But you're right, doing that too often makes it so the readers don't have enough feedback. I'll change that from now on, thanks for letting me know!

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Emerald Grove

Tree Rat

Level: 2

HP: 19

STR: 10
TEC: 7
VIT: 14
AGI: 9
LUC: 9

Skills:
Summon: Summons another Tree Rat. Has a 10% speed modifier.
Flee: Runs away from battle.

Exp: 6

Item Drops:
: Small Fang 45% Drop Rate. Sells for 10 En.
3 required for Dagger ATK+9
5 required for Fang Whip ATK+10

: Soft Hide 25% Drop Rate. Sells for 9 En.
1 required for Hide Ring DEF+1, Slash Resistance +5%
3 required for Hide Hat DEF+1, TP+5
7 required for Jerkin (Light Armor) DEF+3
9 required for Hide Boot DEF+1, AGI+2
10 required for Hide Aspis DEF +2
7 required for The leathersmiths's favor

Description: Small, omnivorous rodents that will attack any threat to their territory.

Damage Resistances:
: 100% : 100% :100%
: 200% : 100% :100%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Woodfly

Level: 2

HP: 19

STR: 11
VIT: 14
LUC: 9

Skills:
Whirr: Attempts to inflict Head Bind to a single target. Has a 70% infliction chance and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 12

Item Drops:
Bug Wing. 30% Drop Rate. Sells for 10 En.

5 required for Theriaca A (Removes all binds).

Tiny Petal. 15% Drop Rate. Sells for 8 En.

1 required for Tweed (Clothes) DEF+1, AGI+1
10 required for Petal Ring DEF+1, TEC+1
10 required for Medica II (Recovers 100 HP)
1 required for Remembrance of a friend

Conditional Drop:
Insect Eye (Don't kill it with Physical Damage). 70% Drop Rate. Sells for 20 En.

Unlocks nothing.
5 required for Fashionista

Description: Butterflies often seen at the forest entrance. Easy prey even for novice adventurers.

Damage Resistances:
: 100% : 100% :200%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Mole

Level: 3

HP: 23

STR: 12
VIT: 15
AGI: 10
LUC: 10

Skills: None

Exp: 15

Item Drops:
: Soft Hide. 32% Drop Rate. Sells for 9 En.

10 required for Hide Aspis DEF+2

: Beast Bone. 20% Drop Rate. Sells for 11 En.

1 required for Bone Staff ATK+5
5 required for Bone Axe ATK+11
15 required for Bone Mace ATK+15, HP+7

Description: A mole which waits for its prey underground, then strikes with its sharp claws.

Damage Resistances:
: 100% : 200% :100%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Clawbug

Level: 4

HP: 45

STR: 25
TEC: 8
VIT: 16
LUC: 10

Exp: 34

Item Drops:

: Hard Shell. 55% chance. Sells for 12 En.

1 required for Shortsword ATK+15
5 required for Hand Axe ATK+18, Required for A favor to Shilleka I
5 required for Aspis DEF+2, VIT+1

Description: A bug whose shell is impervious to physical harm. Other forms of attack are recommended.

Damage Resistances:
: 50% : 50% : 50%
: 250% : 250% : 250%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Venomfly

Level: 6

HP: 41

STR: 22
TEC: 13
VIT: 18
AGI: 13
LUC: 13

Skills
Poison: Attempts to poison a party member, the poison tick deals 25 damage. Has a 50% infliction chance and an 80% speed modifier.

Exp: 39

Item Drops:
: Bug Wing. 29% Drop Rate. Sells for 10 En.

5 required for Theriaca A (Removes all binds).

: Tiny Petal. 15% Drop Rate. Sells for 8 En.

1 required for Tweed (Clothes) DEF+1, AGI +1
10 required for Petal Ring DEF+1, TEC+1
10 required for Medica II (Recovers 100 HP)
1 required for Remembrance of a friend

Conditional Drop:
: Insect Eye (Don't kill it with Physical Damage). 70% Drop Rate. Sells for 20 En.

Unlocks nothing.
5 required for Fashionista

Description: This more advanced breed of butterfly secretes a dangerous poison from its wings.

Damage Resistances:
: 100% : 100% :150%

Status Resistances:
: 100% : 100% : 0%

Bind Resistances:

Hare

Level: 7

HP: 38

STR: 23
TEC: 14
VIT: 19
AGI: 14
LUC: 14

Exp: 36

Item Drops:

: Small Fang. 32 % Drop Rate. Sells for 10 En

3 required for Dagger ATK+9

: Hare Tail. 30 % Drop Rate. Sells for 15 En

1 required for Buffcoat (Clothes) DEF+2, AGI +3
3 required for Doublet (Clothes) DEF+3, VIT+1

Description: When threatened, these rotund hares will meet the danger with their sharp teeth.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Fender

Level: 10

HP: 55

STR: 36
TEC: 12
VIT: 23
AGI: 13
LUC: 15

Skills:
Speeder: Increases AGI by 200% for 3 turns. Has a 200% speed modifier.

Exp: 65

Item Drops:

: Soft Hide. 40 % Drop Rate. Sells for 9 En.

7 required for Jerkin (Clothes) DEF+3
10 required for Hide Aspis DEF+2

: Horn 20 % Drop Rate. Sells for 18 En.

1 required for Ocarina (Troubadour Only Accessory) TP+10
1 required for Enamel Bow ATK+9
2 required for Short Bow ATK+15 Required for A favor to Shilleka II

Description: A species of deer with magnificent horns and beautiful fur, which can fascinate adventurers.

Damage Resistances:
: 100% : 100% : 200%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Mandrake

Level: 10

HP: 51

STR: 27
TEC: 16
VIT: 23
AGI: 16
LUC: 16

Skills:
Corrode: Reduces DEF by 50% to the entire party. Has an 80% speed modifier.

Exp: 59

Item Drops:
: Hardwood. 33% Drop Rate. Sells for 13 En.

5 required for Hand Axe ATK+18. Required for A favor to Shilleka I
5 required for Wazikashi ATK+20
10 required for Aspis DEF+2, VIT+1

: Vine. 20% Drop Rate. Sells for 16 En.

1 required for Buffcoat (Clothes) DEF+2, AGI+3
5 required for Bull Whip ATK+16
5 required for Leaf Tunic (Clothes) DEF+1, AGI+1
10 required for Vine Whip ATK+28, STR+1

Conditional Drop:
: Charcoal. (Kill with Fire Damage) 70% Drop Rate. Sells for 21 En.

Unlocks nothing.
Note: Composite attacks like Cut + Fire also work.

Description: An odd, human-shaped plant. It's said the sight of one will bring adventurers bad luck.

Damage Resistances:
: 150% : 50% : 50%

Status Resistances:
: 100% : 1% : 50%

Bind Resistances:
: 100% : 100% : 50%

Roller

Level: 11

HP: 40

STR: 28
TEC: 25
VIT: 17
AGI: 17
LUC: 17

Skills:
Shell Guard: Increases DEF by 50% and has an 80% speed modifier.

Exp: 69

Item Drops:

: Soft Hide 33% Drop Rate. Sells for 9 En
1 required for Hide Ring DEF+1, Slash Resist Up 5%
10 required for Hide Aspis DEF +2

: Gum Hide 20% Drop Rate. Sells for 18 En

1 required for Hide Vest (Clothes) DEF+2
1 required for Hide Hat DEF+1, TP+5
3 required for Hide Glove DEF+1, STR+3
5 required for Hide Boot DEF+1, AGI+2
5 required for Short Bow ATK+15 Required for A favor to Shilleka II
10 required for Beast Bow ATK+24 STR+2, TEC+1

Description: A creature which rolls by curling up its body. The tactic is also used to defend itself.

Damage Resistances:
: 75% : 75% : 75%
: 100% : 150% : 150%

Status Resistances:
: 100% : 100% 100%

Bind Resistances:

Clawfly

Level: 14

HP: 65

STR: 45
TEC: 14
VIT: 29
AGI: 16
LUC: 18

Skills:
Whirr: Attempts to Head Bind a single target. Has a 70% infliction chance and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 98

Item Drops:

: Hard Shell 55% chance. Sells for 12 En.

5 required for Hand Axe ATK+18 Required for A favor to Shilleka I
5 required for Aspis DEF+2, VIT+1

: Thorn 25% Drop Rate. Sells for 18 En.

5 required for Boar Spear ATK+29, STR+3
10 required for Vine Whip ATK+28, STR+1

Description: This insect of the deep strata has evolved to become resistant to many forms of attack.

Damage Resistances:
: 0% : 300% : 300%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

WarBull

Level: 16

HP: 140

STR: 52
TEC: 16
VIT: 33
AGI: 18
LUC: 20

Skills:
Rampage: A Stab attack dealing 130% damage to a single target. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 120

Item Drops:

: Gum Hide 30% Drop Rate. Sells for 18 En

1 required for Hide Vest (Clothes) DEF+2
1 required for Hide Hat DEF+1, TP+5
3 required for Hide Glove DEF+1, STR+3
5 required for Hide Boot DEF+1, AGI+2
5 required for Short Bow ATK+15 Required for A favor to Shilleka II
10 required for Beast Bow ATK+24, STR+2, TEC+1

: Metal Horn 15% Drop Rate. Sells for 36 En.

1 required for Plate (Heavy Armor) DEF+5, VIT+2, AGI-1
1 required for Wakizashi ATK+20

Description: A bull that attacks anything within sight. Its full-speed rush is something to be feared.

Damage Resistances:
: 150% : 150% : 150%

Status Resistances:
: 100% : 200% : 200%

Bind Resistances:

FOES

Ragelope

Level: 12

HP: 330

STR: 45
TEC: 18
VIT: 26
AGI: 27
LUC: 27

Skills:
Scream: Attempts to inflict Confusion on a single target. Has a 25% infliction chance and a 60% speed modifier.

Exp: 297

Item Drops:

: Horn 90% Drop Rate. Sells for 18 En

1 required for Ocarina (Troubadour Only Accessory) TP+10
1 required for Enamel Bow ATK+9
2 required for Short Bow ATK+15

: Large Fang 15% Drop Rate. Sells for 250 En

1 required for Boar Spear ATK+29, STR+3
1 required for Bone Mace ATK+15, HP+7
1 required for Beast Bow ATK+24, STR+2, TEC+1

Description: An extremely aggressive horned monster whose uncontrollable fury gives it lethal strength.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:
: 50% : 5% : 25%

Bind Resistances:

Kuyutha

Level: 13

HP: 350

STR: 48
TEC: 19
VIT: 27
AGI: 29
LUC: 29

Skills:
Rampage: Deals 130% Stab damage to a single target. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 301

Item Drops:

: Metal Horn 90% Drop Rate. Sells for 36 En.

1 required for Plate (Heavy Armor) DEF+5, VIT+2, AGI-1
1 required for Wakizashi ATK+20

: Large Fang 15% Drop Rate. Sells for 250 En

1 required for Boar Spear ATK+29, STR+3
1 required for Bone Mace ATK+15, HP+7
1 required for Beast Bow ATK+24, STR+2, TEC+1

Description: A large bull that will charge at the slightest provocation. Approach it with great caution.

Damage Resistances:
: 100% : 150% : 100%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Wolf

Level: 14

HP: 260

STR: 51
TEC: 20
VIT: 29
AGI: 30
LUC: 30

Skills:
Fang: Deals 90% Cut damage to a single target. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 525

Item Drops:

Description: White-furred wolves who wander the upper floors of the grove. Dangerous when fought in packs.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Skoll

Level: 15

HP: 400

STR: 54
VIT: 30
AGI: 32
LUC: 32

Skills:

Fang: A Cut attack that deals 90% damage to a single target. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 612

Item Drops:

Description: White-pelted wolves who hunt in the Labyrinth's upper reaches, under Fenrir's command.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Stalker

Level: 18

HP: 600

STR: 72
TEC: 24
VIT: 38
AGI: 36
LUC: 36

Skills:
Scythe: A Cut attack that deals 120% damage to a single target, with a 97% accuracy modifier and 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 600

Item Drops:

: Scythe 90% Drop Rate. Sells for 900 En.

1 required for Cut Charm DEF+2, HP+9

: Harvester (Defeat it on the first turn) 100% Drop Rate. Sells for 1100 En.

Required for nothing.

Description: An overgrown man-eating mantis. Defeating one is a rite of passage for novice adventurers.

Damage Resistances:
: 50% : 50% : 100%
: 125% : 100% : 100%

Status Resistances:
: 25% : 1% : 15%

Bind Resistances:
: 25% : 25% : 25%

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 1, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Wonder what that new buffed skill is, the HD Remaster's buffs have all been surprisingly good do far.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Update 8 Part 1 out of 2

To get Insect Eyes you need to kill Woodflies or Venomflies without using physical attacks. Poison, magic, instant death, get creative! (Just use Volt magic)

I'm not grabbing those.

If you've played other EO titles usually they warn you about the items you need to complete quests when entering a shop. They don't do that here but you can see a exclamation mark right next to the ones you need.

Welcome back kiddos. Hm... Are those really going to be used for a ring? Putting that on my finger... I don't really want to think about it.

It's not that bad.

Just... Just put it in a bag on the counter, will you? And shut it tight. The sight of those things makes me a little queasy...

Just in case...

Back to this lovely place.

"Music: Initial Strike"

Sleepgel

HP: 88

STR: 48
TEC: 24
VIT: 37
AGI: 48
LUC: 48

Skills:
Slumber: Attempts to inflict Sleep on a single target. Has an 80% infliction chance and a 50% speed modifier.

Exp: 216

Item Drops:

: Sticky Goo 30% Drop Rate. Sells for 27 En.

3 required for Hard Sling ATK+30
1 required for Gourmand's request

: Steel Lump 10% Drop Rate. Sells for 29 En.

1 required for Broadsword ATK+34
3 required for Oval Aspis DEF+5
3 required for Chain Helm DEF+3
3 required for Iron Glove DEF+3
3 required for Chain Boot DEF+3, AGI+4
5 required for Chain Mail (Light Armor) DEF+7
5 required for Broadaxe ATK+44
5 required for Battle Axe ATK+58
12 required for Hauberk (Clothes) DEF+10, AGI+4

Description: A formless, translucent jelly that engulfs passing animals for its meals.

Damage Resistances:

Ailment Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

A normal enemy with the same level as Fenrir? Requiring twelve 10% drops? 48 AGI? These things are very annoying and I hate them. The fact that they are as fast as Fenrir while being a SLIME is ridiculous, so much that I even named the LP after that! And that's not even the worst part, you see that skill called Slumber? They'll try to put you to sleep then deliver a turbo fast basic attack, while that unit is sleeping they'll take 50% extra damage. Luckily this will wake them up but you can be put to sleep again in the next turn. Units in the back can survive the damage but they will be useless for at least 2 turns. Heck they don't even need to put you to sleep, delivering 2 basic attacks to the same person is enough to leave them severely damaged or dead. Wanna know something funny? They'll keep showing up multiple times through the game. Wanna know something even funnier? On my completed save file I have a lvl 70 Survivalist, who's the fastest class in the game. if she tries to use a basic attack the slimes on that area will always outspeed her. Why? Why are slimes so fast?!

Or at least that's what I thought... On the DS if 5 enemies decided to attack the same unit and your Protector uses Provoke on the first turn it would do absolutely nothing. So what about turn 2? Enemies now are guaranteed to attack you? Not quite, all DS Provoke did was making your Protector more punchable and doesn't redirect enemy attacks towards you. So, how did the HD remaster fixed that? Well at level 7 provoke guarantees your protector will get hit. While this doesn't work on AoE attacks or Random Target skills, any other attack will be redirected to your protector and it gets even nastier with skills like Line Guard on the table. Remember Provoke also gives you a DEF boost.

Slimes take 200% damage from Volt and Ice attacks so Melissa will stick to using Volt. With a few more levels, she will be able to one shot them..

Sluuurp~ Citrus taste.

I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Slumber has a 50% speed modifier, so it is possible to outspeed them sometimes.

DON'T YOU DARE!

Getting...eepy...

OH COME ON!

N-No... get away butterflies....

How did you...?!

Why do I even try?

If you're wondering why not make Heilen put points into Refresh to cure ailments, remember he's slow and those slimes will act first waking up both of them. The best he can do is use salve in turn 2.

HEY! THIS WAY YOU ORANGE MUCUS.

Be ready to heal us.

Ja.

Here it...

...comes? Look at that! HAHAHA. Sleepgels are programed to attack sleeping targets and they completely ignored them thanks to Provoke.

Eww... My axe is all sticky now.

Duncan and Melissa are still safe on turn 3, thanks Provoke. The slime died in turn 4 and Stace took another hit, I forgot to take those screenshots so... whoops.

B6F C2 Chop Point

Light Wood 50% chance. Sells for 32 en.
1 required for Heat Aspis DEF+10, Fire Resistance +10%
5 required for Hard Sling ATK+30
5 required for Down Staff ATK+22, TEC+2
5 required for Lute (Troubadour Only Accessory) TP+15
10 required for Rapier Sword, ATK+45

Mugwort 25% chance. Sells for 20en.
1 required for Bravant Increases the target's ATK by 10% and reduces DEF by 20% for 5 turns (Cannot be used on allies)

Starseed 15% chance. Sells for 40 en.
1 required for Theriaca B (Removes ailments from the entire party)
3 required for Star Charm DEF+1, TP+10
5 required for Prayer to the stars

Mugwort? Yuck.

Do you think we'll find Starseeds to complete the quest here?

Hopefully, Heilen mark it on the map and let's go.

Got it. Where to next?

Oh...

Boss?

Quest...

Wait, weren't we on the second stratum?

I uh...forgot about the spider up here so whoops! This thing is a red FOE, remember what I said about red FOEs? As strong or even stronger than bosses. I'm definitely going to struggle here, hopefully buffed provoke is enough.

Ascended Spider

Level: 71

HP: ???
ATK: ???
DEF: ???

STR: 127
TEC: 127
VIT: 127
AGI: 127
LUC: 127

Skills:

Paralyze: Doesn't use a body part: Deals 3000% Untyped damage to a single target and attempts to inflict Blind/Paralysis/Confusion/Sleep/Curse/Terror/Petrify. Has a 1000% infliction rate, a 900% accuracy modifier and a 600% speed modifier.
Cocoon: Doesn't use a body part: Attempts to Fully bind a single target. Has a 700% infliction chance and a 1000% speed modifier.

Attack Type: Untyped
Exp: 0

Item Drops:

: Sticky Web 1% Drop Rate. Sells for 69 En.

1 required for Muffet's Armor (Clothes) DEF+100, All Stats +20

Description: A spider that can scare explorers by turning into a red fuzzball.

Damage Resistances:
: 1% : 1% : 1%
: 1% : 1% : 1%

Ailment Resistances:
: 0% : 0% : 0% : 0% : 0%
: 0% : 0% : 0% : 0% : 0%

Bind Resistances:
: 0% : 0% : 0%

Am I taking the joke too far? Maybe. You see, the first time I played this game and I found a RED FOE on B5F during a quest I thought the game was very mean so I walked away and only came back when I was about to finish the 2nd Stratum. Only to find out it was a FRICKING SPIDER and not even a boss, just a normal enemy. You got me good game, you got me good. I'll upload the real stats of this thing when we return to the 2nd Stratum.

Too slow!

Yuck... I got some spider web on my tongue.

Can you like... not lick that?

There, problem solved.

So close to a level up...

No more unfortunate adventurers will fall victim to the formidable poisonous spider. You should report the slaying of the monster back to the pub.

"Formidable poisonous spider" This is unlocking some painful memories... :shepicide:

Yolanda, can we stop with the floor jumps?

But look over there! We can rest for a bit after the vicious fight against the spider.

The quest to raise the flower entrusted to you, to fulfill the old man's last wishes. This must be the place on the 6th floor that the old man had mentioned as suitable.

Wait. Don't you think the Gold Seed Valerie gave us could be perfect here?

Do we have a gardener?

Leave it to me!

You place the seed into the hole you dug, then begin to pack the earth back on top. As you concentrate on your work, you feel a sudden air of imminent threat.

Am I the only one hearing a buzzing?

:siren: "Music: Destruction Begets Decay" :siren:

Waspior

Level: 19

STR: 52
TEC: 25
VIT: 39
AGI: 25
LUC: 25

Skills:
Poison: A Stab attack dealing 70% damage to a single target and attempts to inflict Poison. Has an 80% infliction chance, deals 43 poison damage, has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 100% speed modifier.

Exp: 264

Item Drops:

: Amber Lump 25% Drop Rate. Sells for 24 En.

1 required for Bravant Increases the target's ATK by 10% and reduces DEF by 20% for 5 turns (Cannot be used on allies)
3 required for Theriaca B (Removes ailments from the entire party)
5 required for Nectar (Resurrects with low HP)
10 required for Hamao (Recovers 300HP and 50TP to the target)
1 required for Pest control

: Stinger 12% Drop Rate. Sells for 26 En.

1 required for Chain Helm DEF+3
3 required for Iron Plate (Light Armor) DEF+12, HP+9
3 required for Chain Mail (Light Armor) DEF+7
9 required for Oval Aspis DEF+5
10 required for Toxic Whip ATK+57, STR+4

Description: A wasp with a very painful sting. Where you see one, there are always others nearby.

Damage Resistances:
: 100% : 100% : 150%

Ailment Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Hey! Just wanted to let you know this fight uses an entirely different battle theme so give it a listen! It's a massive upgrade to Initial Strike ..

HOO BOY THIS QUEST. As soon as you plant the seed, you'll fighting these bees instead. The Waspiors are very annoying and fast, especially fast, are you starting to see a pattern on this Stratum? They hit hard and the poison has a very high chance to land, at this point 43 poison tick damage is a lot. They take 50% extra Volt damage so Melissa is really good here unless she gets incapacitated or something, but what are the odds of that happening?

Ouch! Aren't you supposed to die after doing that?

Hey! Wait for your turn you drat-

Feeling... dizzy...

You really need to work on that poison resistance.

Enough! Get behind me Duncan.

No point in using Provoke right now, I can end this battle in a single turn.

If...If you....! I hope you tas...te like hon...ey..!

I'm going to zap those wings.

Don't die on me Duncan, here you go.

Back off!

Stace, the other bee!

Huh?!

Remember Duncan has +23HP thanks to his armor and accessories. Please use those, they save lives.

Gidve me back my healtdh...

Drain makes Dark Hunters super reliable, never trust your Medic when it comes to healing in time.

GRAH!

A very mean ambush but overall we managed to survive. Now, for the seed we-

ARE YOU SER-

...seriously going to give me a free turn after being ambushed? How sweet of you, game. :allears:

Shocking, I know.

Melissa can deal a lot of damage but can't one shot the bees just yet.

Yolanda on the other hand just crushes them with ease.

Oh~ There's some honey on the axe, I wonder if I could get a taste...

I'm going to scream.

Now it's a good time to use Provoke.

And a preemptive Salve.

Damb...it...

Remember that bit about Melissa being really good unless she's incapacitated on the same turn? Well here you go. :shepicide:

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

I'm...not sure if that's how it works.

Just a bit more guys!

Trying to apply logic to this Guild is useless.

Provoke.exe

My body is itchy...

:tif:

Sloth

Level: 22

HP: 212

STR: 84
VIT: 44
AGI: 23
LUC: 26

Skills:
Shred: Bash attack dealing 120% damage to a single target. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 420

Item Drops:

: Bent Claw 40% Drop Rate. Sells for 30 En.

1 required for Nail Whip ATK+38
1 required for Edge Whip ATK+49

Description: Though naturally docile, these muscular creatures deliver strong blows if forced to battle.

Damage Resistances:
: 50% : 200% : 100%

Ailment Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Forced to battle? He's attacking me! Sloths hit very hard and Shred can one shot anyone but Stace at this point. It's also Lv.22 so I hope you're not underleveled!

Hey! If you're a sloth then your mother is a sl-

Stace!

Truly something a Holy Knight would say hahahaha!

Uh... OOGA BOOGA!

It's not very effective...

I'll take your worst!

Stace!

Leave her alone you dick!

HRNG! S-Still... STANDING!

drat it Stace...

Culled!

Stace! Are you okay?

I can't feel my arms... I think my shield melted with them... Hehehe. O-Ouch...

Thank you for protecting us Stace.

Come on, let's go back to Etria.

I'm not trying to ruin the moment but, look.

Remembering the planted seed, you look again and see that it has blossomed into a flower. An exquisite blue flower you've never seen before has grown before your eyes...

Wow...

I've never seen a plant like that before.

I think we should give it a name!

How about Stace Flower?

:stare: :stare: :stare:

What? Even I can recognize her bravery.

Melissa... :yaycloud:

You carefully take the flower and head to town to plant it in the old man's garden.

Welcome back, kids. I see you beat that dreadful spider. The other kids in the Guild will be relieved to hear it's safe to go back in the forest. All the young ones look up to Mikado these days, y'know. I hate to see them hurt, so I'm grateful myself. Good luck with your adventures.

Aww, cheers.

I love Valerie.

Welcome back, kids. Oh, is that the flower that bloomed from the seed?

Pretty, isn't it?

What a pretty flower... If only the old man could have seen it before he passed away. Thanks for your hard work. I think I'll visit his garden and plant the flower there.

We should all go to check on the flower from time to time.

Duncan gets ATK UP to Lv. 5 unlocking Bait.

Heilen gives Inmunize a point, at lvl 1 you get a 15% reduction to all damage types. I'm not going to use this against every single enemy, it's just a panic button.

Well, back to the Labyrinth. Here's where you'd expect to find a shortcut right? Well for some reas-

Why are slimes so fast?

HAH!

Can you stop squashing the slimes?

Thankfully I'm in the back...

Luckily Yolanda can now one shot them with Crush.

As I was saying, for some reason the shortcut is HERE. Why would you ever look there?

I'm getting tired of seeing those doors.

Venomgel

HP: 106

STR: 63
TEC: 17
VIT: 38
AGI: 20
LUC: 22

Skills:
Venom: Attempts to inflict Poison on the entire party. Has a 40% infliction chance, deals 39 Poison damage and a 100% speed modifier.

Exp: 231

Item Drops:

: Sticky Goo 25% Drop Rate. Sells for 27 En.

3 required for Hard Sling ATK+30
1 required for Gourmand's request

: Steel Lump 12% Drop Rate. Sells for 29 En.

1 required for Broadsword ATK+34
3 required for Oval Aspis DEF+5
3 required for Chain Helm DEF+3
3 required for Iron Glove DEF+3
3 required for Chain Boot DEF+3, AGI+4
5 required for Chain Mail (Light Armor) DEF+7
5 required for Broadaxe ATK+44
5 required for Battle Axe ATK+58
12 required for Hauberk (Clothes) DEF+10, AGI+4

Description: These formless jellies contain a deadly poison to more easily hunt their prey.

Damage Resistances:

Ailment Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Great... more slimes but with higher STR, AoE poison that is way faster than Slumber and... an extra 2% chance to get Steel Lumps, I guess? At least these don't have 48 AGI.

Are you really going to drink a liquid coming out from a poisonous gel?

Mmm... tastes like grape juice.

That could've been worse.

I already hate slimes more than bugs.

B6F D2 Take Point

Mint Leaf 50% chance. Sells for 41en.
1 required for Medica III (Recovers the target by 200HP)
2 required for Hamao (Recovers the target by 300HP and 50TP)
3 required for Stonard (Increases the target's DEF by 20% for 5 turns)

Dye Petal 25% chance. Sells for 34en.
3 required for Petal Coat (Clothes) DEF+4, AGI+2

Cross Seed 15% chance. Sells for 150en.
1 required for Blaze Oil (Imbues a party member's weapon with Fire) Must be restocked
1 required for Freeze Oil (Imbues a party member's weapon with Ice) Must be restocked
1 required for Shock Oil (Imbues a party member's weapon with Volt) Must be restocked

Just a heads-up, this game has different items in some Gathering Points. For example this one has Dye Petal as the second drop, but the next one won't be the same. I know it's just the first floor but keep that in mind. Oh and the Cross Seed allows you to buy Elemental Oils, which are VERY good in this game. If you're not using a Troubadour or an Alchemist for whatever reason, these can help a bit.

I crawled from under a giant tree once, your attacks are nothing in comparison!

Got cold feet?

HYEAH!

You really need to work on your lines Yolanda.

Huh?

For the love of...

B6F D3 Mine Point

Scrap Iron 50% chance. Sells for 53en.
3 required for Pole Stone (Warps you to the last Geomagnetic Field used)
1 required for Scavenging for Ian I

Whitestone 25% chance. Sells for 100en.
Required for nothing.

Thin Shell 20% chance. Sells for 300en.
1 required for Hauberk (Clothes) DEF+10, AGI+4

WHITESTONE? Eww. Just ignore this Mine Point.

Great, two things I hate.

Spider

Level: 20

STR: 56
TEC: 26
VIT: 41
AGI: 26
LUC: 26

Skills:

Paralyze: A Stab attack dealing 60% damage to a single target and attempts to inflict Paralysis. Has a 100% infliction rate, a 90% accuracy modifier and a 60% speed modifier.
Cocoon: Attempts to inflict Arm Bind to a single target. Has a 70% infliction chance and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 311

Item Drops:

: Sticky Web 35% Drop Rate. Sells for 28 En.

1 required for Petal Coat (Clothes) DEF+4, AGI+2

Description: Spiders that have evolved to hunt prey aggresively rather than trap it passively.

Damage Resistances:
: 150% : 100% : 150%

Ailment Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Well that was kinda funny. Anyway, Crush and Volt.

You'll be fine *pat pat*

Healing Touch.exe

This update actually has 2 parts, so keep reading.

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 1, 2024

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Update 8 Part 2 out of 2

Steel Lump x1 unlocks Broadsword ATK +34. Price: 830 En.
Beast Claw x1 unlocks Nail Whip ATK +38. Price: 750 En.
Stinger x1 and Steel Lump x3 unlocks Chain Helm DEF +3. Price: 380 En.

The Nail Whip is a massive upgrade compared to the Vine Whip, you know the one that required 20 drops? Thanks, game.

Kombanwa! Any new Katanas?

Any new bows?

Only swords, nothing too exciting yet.

Hey hey! Have you heard about the Stace Flower?

Stop that, Duncan...

Where are Rina and Cantata?

On the third floor with the armadillo.

Remember what we talked about Yolanda. Good luck inside the Labyrinth, let us know if you want to swap.

W-Will do!

What is he talking about?

There's a new place to explore on the 1st floor, we can go there after finishing the sixth floor.

Fine by me.

Bears!

I suggest caution.

These bears follow a pattern and will not attack even if we join a fight, unless you end up right in front of them.

This one will spin around that tile, remember you need to step on the tiles to see them properly in your minimap.

Doesn't he get dizzy by doing that?

Hopefully.

Now lets do the same with the rest of the room.

There, all 3 of them will move around those pillars in a clockwise direction.

While I was mapping the area more party members leveled up.

Yolanda now has 5 points into Swords granting her 19% extra damage with any attacks using a Sword. Next she'll give 2-Hit a couple of points to unlock Allslash, this is usually the skill people tend to rush but I personally prefer
giving my Landsknecht Crush first since Allslash isn't that important on the early game

My cousin Sanagi used to do this weird trick back in my hometown!

Using a formation of 3-2 will allow Bait to trigger a lot of counters, the catch is that Duncan needs to be alive for this to work and Dark Hunters have average health and VIT.

Can't wait to see the look on their faces.

Yolanda snap out of it!

Eh?

I'll get you later, bird!

Ugh...

Every single time I play EO1 I forget about that drat bird who can aggro you before you even notice it.

Close the door!

*huff* S-Sorry..!

Just, be more careful...

B6F A1 Take Point

Crabapple 25% chance. Sells for 35en.
5 required for Medica III (Recovers the target by 200HP)

1 required for Blaze Oil (Imbues a party member's weapon with Fire) Must be restocked
1 required for Freeze Oil (Imbues a party member's weapon with Ice) Must be restocked
1 required for Shock Oil (Imbues a party member's weapon with Volt) Must be restocked

Remember the Dye Petal from D2? Well, this take point doesn't have it, you can find Crabapples instead. Pick 5 to unlock Medica III, 200HP a bit overkill at this point but if you're using a Protector with provoke you may need them.

I marked the gathering point on the map. Let's try the other door now.

Lead the way Doc.

What do we have here~

Thanks for the free sample game.

B6F A7 Mine Point

Fossil 50% chance. Sells for 55 en.
3 required for Old Choker DEF+1, LUC+8 Required for The fossil charm

Scrap Iron 25% chance. Sells for 53en.

Thin Shell 20% chance. Sells for 300en.

Ah~ Much better, this is the Mining Point you'll want to go to unlock everything.

Let's try this door.

How did...? Where...? Huh...?

Maybe it was hiding underground?

What if it can fly?

Just ignore it!

FOEs appearing out nowhere, my favourite!

B6F C7 Chop Point

Scent Wood 50% chance. Sells for 35 en.
3 required for Oak Jacket (Clothes) DEF+8, TP+8

Mugwort 25% chance. Sells for 20en.

Starseed 15% chance. Sells for 40 en.

Another Chop Point but this one has Scent Wood instead of Light wood. Both of these can be dropped by enemies but it's EO1, never trust the drop rates.

Here we go again.

I'm not even gonna pretend I know how to go through this room, the pattern changes a bit and sometimes an FOE just...stops moving.

Note: Okay someone told me how it works. The FOE in front of the door (or in this case in front of me) only moves when we're in the same row, just like that one Stalker in B3F

A shortcut, at last.

Is the armor too heavy?

It's not that. This place is just too...

Muggy?

Yeah, that. Thanks Heilen.

I always enjoy a long stroll.

That's such a common hobby for you.

What's that supposed to mean?

Uh...

Look, more slimes!

Phew!

You seem to be wielding that giant axe with ease now.

Y-You think? Uh... thank you!

I'm pretty sure the terminally ill boy would love a visit from you.

Just don't swing the axe around.

Smells good.

Stonard will raise your DEF by 20% Just like the Bravant, you can only use it on yourself.

Ugh.. I'll explore this floor on the next update. Just... UGH!

Let's go back to town.

Konnichiwa~

Greetings.

Hiii~

How's the 2nd Stratum? I hope you left some enemies for me.

Bears, birds, slimes that can poison you and put you to sleep. Where should I even start?

There are a lot of Gathering Spots too. Our friend here is going to have a lot of work.

What can we do to help Shilleka?

Decided to take the request, have you? Good, I've been hoping someone would. You know the drill: Go see Shilleka, and ask her what she needs. She's been ecstatic lately about how much her selection's improved. Good luck!

Oh man...

This one sounds dangerous.

Decided to take the request, have you? Good, I've been hoping someone would. Mrs. Meryl's got a new design in the works, and she needs a Toxic Barb. You know, maybe it's me, but... The Lady Mrs. Meryl's sense of style has really changed... It's too bad, if you ask me... But anyway, good luck.

Tracking someone? Leave it to me.

Decided to take the request, have you? Good, I've been hoping someone would. Our client told me that while he was exploring the forest, a monster suddenly appeared. He wasn't prepared for a fight, so he ran... But when he came back, the monster was gone. Strange, isn't it?

I'm not sure if the kid's treasure being a candy is a cute reward or a silly one.

I'll be right back!

Here, I marked the locations on the map. The new Stratum has more gathering points than normal.

*nod*

Mind if I help you to explore the 2nd Stratum?

Sure!

You just want to fight the stronger enemies right?

Yes.

Are you coming too, Misaka?

I would love to but... I doubt this blade is enough to help you guys, gomenasai...!

I'll help you.

Me too~

Good luck with the bugs and the muggy weather.

The what?

It is! He's a strong kid.

Well, the client was pleased, and that's the important thing. Keep it up, kids.

It seems I'm needed.

Decided to take the request, have you? Good, I've been hoping someone would. That poor kid... He'll never be strong, so he wants to meet a powerful adventurer.

Jeez Valerie, you didn't needed to roast the poor kid.

He's hoping to meet a protector above level 30. Do this for him okay?

Please give us as many details as you can.

Umm, lemme see... T'is time I need five Tailbones and one Bird Talon

Five 20% drops and one 14% drop, this should be fun.

T'is one is meant for self-defense, for t'folks on t'back line. Anyt'ing t'at tries to get t'em back t'ere will draw back quick when it's whacked wit' t'is!

Can we do that?

*shrug*

I'm not sure what Shilleka means here, probably just some flavour text. The Bone Flail is really good though. But, getting the materials? Ugh...

Steel Lump x5 unlocks Broadaxe ATK+44. Price: 720 En.
Stinger x3 and Steel Lump x5 unlocks Chain Mail (Light Armor) DEF+7. Price: 700 En.

And just like that, the Celtis has been completely outclassed, I'll be definitely buying this one since the next upgrade is unlocked on Floor 8. The armor is whatever. Time to gather materials, I'll try to speed up the process as much as I can.

Cross Seed unlocks Blaze Oil (Imbues a party member's weapon with Fire) Must be restocked. Price: 600 En.
Cross Seed unlocks Freeze Oil (Imbues a party member's weapon with Ice) Must be restocked. Price: 600 En.
Cross Seed unlocks Volt Oil (Imbues a party member's weapon with Volt) Must be restocked. Price: 600 En.
Crabapple x5 and Mint Leaf x1 unlocks Medica III (Recovers the target by 200HP) Price: 500 En.
Mint Leaf x2 and Amber Lump x10 unlocks Hamao (Recovers the target by 300HP and 50TP) Price: 1400 En.

The Elemental Oils are amazing, while Physical attackers use STR and Alchemist use the TEC; Elemental Oils make your weapon use both when using basic attacks. A Troubadour can do the same with Blaze/Frost/Shock.

...!

T-Treasure...

Uh, the cat's actin' awfully excited.

What's wrong? Is something...?

Meeeeeeeeow!

Goho-M *Ariadne Thread*

I don't know why I did that. Having Joker as a portrait really makes me do silly stuff, either that or writing this update at 4:00 am is changing the chemicals inside my brain . Oh and the FOE will chase you if you open the treasure box, so have an Ariadne Thread ready.

Light Wood x5 and Sticky Goo x3 unlocks Hard Sling ATK+30. Price: 890 En.
Starseed x1 and Amber Lump x3 unlocks Theriaca B (Removes ailments from the entire party) Price: 500 En.
Starseed x3 unlocks Star Charm DEF+1, TP+10. Price: 600 En.
Scrap Iron x3 unlocks Pole Stone (Warps you to the last Geomagnetic Field used) Price: 250 En.
Fossil x3 unlocks Choker DEF+1, LUC+8. Price: 2000 En.
Dye Petal x3 and Sticky Web x1 unlocks Petal Coat (Clothes) DEF+4, AGI +2. Price: 650 En.

There's a lot to unpack here. Theriaca B is amazing but also a bit expensive at this point of the game. The Star Charm is an upgraded Red Charm granting you 5 extra TP. This doesn't sound like a lot but running out of TP can ruin your day. The Pole Stone is a weird one, like the description says it teleports you to the last Geomagnetic Pole but it's 250 En compared to the 100 En the Ariadne Thread costs in comparison so I don't really know why you would want those. The bow is whatever and the charm is needed for a quest later on, other than that LUC doesn't affect Hexer skills so don't bother buying one for yours.

Thanks a lot, this will be a massive help.

*nod*

Welcome back, kids. Out of curiosity, do you think these seeds will really make her dreams a reality?

Eh...

Dreams can only be achieved with talent.

You guys are too cold, of course she can!

Oh, don't give me that look... I know perfectly well it's just a silly superstition. The important thing is that they'll give her the courage to confess her love. But then... I wonder why she wanted five of them...?

What did Valerie mean by this?

"Music: Festival of Worship"

Pft, it was eaaaaasy.

We're very impressed... Few adventurers in town have made it that far. I'm very pleased to see your growth as explorers, day by day. Which reminds me... We've just issued a mission that you may be able to undertake for us. I'd definitely like you all to accept it at your earliest convenience.

Dragon...

DRAGON!

Dragons inside Yggdrasil?

So it seems.

You accept, then? Very well. Now then, let me give you the details. The 8th floor in the second Stratum is home to a legendary Dragon. We don't know much of this Wyvern's ecology, but we're very eager to study it.

A Dragon and a Wyvern are two different things, Quinn...

So we'd like you to head to the Wyvern's nest and retrieve the Dragon Egg there. By studying the egg, we may be able to learn a great deal about the Wyvern's habits. Take care, though. It will be extraordinarily difficult to beat the Wyvern as you are. Find a way to dodge the Wyvern and obtain its egg.

Here's my-

Hmp...!

Our latest report.

It looks dangerous, I wish I could've been there.

Same... it looks so cute.

Rina broke his jaw.

Divine Thunder.

Melissa finally leans Thor, there are a lot of enemies weak to Volt and they usually come in groups.

Medical Defense.

Immunize is my panic button, I've tried to use a Medic without it before, but they're so slow... Why not buff the party on the first turn and be more proactive?

Oh, Sal was right!

Hey, one at a time!

My legs are getting all scratched...

We can't return through here, let's see what we can find.

What are they doing here?

You're never safe from the Slimes.

I need a break after this.

Let's see what's behind these doors.

Can we go through?

Duncan, you forgot to yell!

:newlol:

Snap out of it man!

Problem solved.

Meh

Ahhhhh!

It worked!

Oho~

This rapier is a massive upgrade compared to the Boar Spear, making this travel completely worth it.

We kill this FOE easily too.

Not everything can be amazing.

Not pictured, my stupid rear end running around this area because I drew a wall here. Good job past me, you dumbass

The Plume Hat gives you DEF+2 and TP+7. If you haven't unlocked the Star Charm this can be useful for a while.

Not here.

You can exit through here, it's a one way path so open every treasure box before leaving.

Steel Lump x12 and Thin Shell x1 unlocks Hauberk (Clothes) DEF+10, AGI+4. Price: 2000 En.

Okay, let's get going!

Cantata.

Oh... U-Um...

Mind if we give you a hand? Cantata would like to talk with you.

Oh, you're right Sal. I'm sorry Cantata, what is it?

Money... and... uh... parents...

Hm?

You got this.

Come on Cantata, you can do it.

I joined this guild to help my parents, can I send some money to them?!

Oh, sure! How much?

Are you being serious Miss Yolanda?

Yeah! Sal told me a lot of good things about you, you were brave enough to face Fenrir, the alpha Wolf!

Oh actually he looked like a c-

Rina.

*sob* Thank you...! Thank you so much Miss Yolanda...

It's nothing, little bard. Come on, tell me what we need to do.

Hm-mm~

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 29, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Things are going at a decent clip. I definitely remember B7F, a real painful experience just to explore. Hopefully you won't have too much issue with it.

theshim
May 1, 2012

The Primitive Jungle is not one of the series's best strata. But, in fairness, this is the first game, so I'm willing to cut them some slack.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

BraveLittleToaster posted:

Things are going at a decent clip. I definitely remember B7F, a real painful experience just to explore. Hopefully you won't have too much issue with it.

This one wasn't planned to be a 2 part Update but so many enemies and gathering points pretty much forced me to separate them. As for B7F...well, with Healing Touch you can kinda ignore the damage tiles unless you get an encounter after 5 steps and forget to heal. There are no Guard Soles in this game if I remember correctly but since I can't use the same party all the time I'll just have to buy 20 medicas again lol.

theshim
May 1, 2012

TomatoPawah posted:

This one wasn't planned to be a 2 part Update but so many enemies and gathering points pretty much forced me to separate them. As for B7F...well, with Healing Touch you can kinda ignore the damage tiles unless you get an encounter after 5 steps and forget to heal. There are no Guard Soles in this game if I remember correctly but since I can't use the same party all the time I'll just have to buy 20 medicas again lol.
Honestly I don't think anyone would hold it against you if you just kept Heilen in the party for any floors with damage tiles :v:

(I am currently in the third stratum of EO3 with 5 buccaneers and it is suffering)

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

theshim posted:

The Primitive Jungle is not one of the series's best strata. But, in fairness, this is the first game, so I'm willing to cut them some slack.

Honestly my main issue is how long you stay on that Stratum if you explore everything as soon as it's avaliable, we have: B1F secret area, getting the white key and then unlocking another secret area that is way bigger than the first one, THAT quest and the way you make progress on the 2nd Stratum by going up and down. If you're playing the DS version Primitive Jungle just takes a lot of time to finish and mapping it is kinda weird, the 4th Stratum tho? HOO BOY

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Stats, Level Scaling and Status Ailments

Not feeling in the mood to write today so I'll do a quick summary about the things mentioned in the title.

Level: Stats and equipment play a role in the damage formula sure, but the difference between your level and the enemy's level is far more important. When being on the same level, you and the enemy will both take and deal 100% damage. If the enemy is 5 levels higher it will take 20% less damage while your team takes 20% extra damage an so on. I personally hate when games do this because after reaching the "appropiate level" where your damage isn't being crippled or the enemy damage is being boosted, the game loses most of its challenge. FOEs tend to have 5-10 extra levels compared to your party the first time you meet them, which is why they can easily one shot you.

Note: The level cap in this game is 70 and cannot be raised by any means.

STATS

STR: Dictates how much physical damage you deal (Cut/Stab/Bash)
TEC: Only used to calculate elemental damage like the Alchemist formulas and the Ronin's Orochi/Hyosetsu/Raizuki skills. TEC also adds damage when using elemental oils. Unlike other entries TEC does not affect healing skills.
VIT: Reduces damage from both Physical and Magic attacks.
AGI: Determines turn order, accuracy, evasion, escape rate and preemptive attacks/blindsides.
LUC: Affects item drop rates.

Note: The maximum number a stat can reach is 127.

ATK:A combination between your STR + Equiped Weapon. If you upgrade your weapons try to do it when the upgrade is worth it, having 5 extra points into ATK isn't going to do much.
DEF: A combination between your VIT + Equiped Armor. Keep in mind the numbers on this game are very pathetic so it's better to invest into extra HP via accessories unless you plan on using immunize.

Note: Boots and weapons affect your turn order on later entries, this is not the case on Etrian Odyssey 1

Ailments

Have a look at this bnuy. The game will neve tell you the level of the enemies you face, not even on the new compendium. First, their damage multipliers. There are 6 damage types in this game, from left to right we have Cut, Stab, Bash, Fire, Ice and Volt.

Obviously 100% means neutral. The lower the number is, the less damage they'll take from that attack. The higher it is, the more damage they take.

Next is Stun and Instant Death.

Stun disables an enemy for the rest of the turn where it was used. The resistance to Stun is based around the type of enemy.

Normal Enemy 100%
FOE 50%
Red FOE 25%
Main bosses 15%
Optional Bosses and Final Boss 10%

Instant Death is pretty self-explanatory and the resistances vary between enemies. Bosses tend to be very resistant or straight up immune to it.

Status Ailments

: 100% : 100% : 100% : 100% : 100% : 100% : 100% : 100%

So far I've been using every single icon since this game added a compendium. I vaguely talked about this a few updates ago but the Ailment Resistance is a single number, if an enemy has 50% in poison that means it'll have 50% in every other ailment, not counting Stun and Instant Death. Then we have the Disablement Hierarchy, as you can see the ailments on the screenshot and my post have a specific order. To the far left we have the strongest one since it's impossible to recover from it naturally, this applies to both you and the enemy.

Note: Due to the Disablement Hierarchy a weaker ailment cannot replace a stronger one, for example you cannot Blind a Poisoned enemy.

Using this lovable Slime as an example. Even if the sprite is still there, the slime is already dead. If you kill every enemy except the petrified one, the game will give you the victory automatically. Let's see what the ailments do from weakest to strongest.

Blind: Reduces accuracy by 70%

Paralysis: Targets who are paralyzed have a 50% chance to skip their turn.

Confusion: After being inflicted with Confusion, the target cannot be controlled and will randomly attack their allies or the enemy using basic attacks until cured.

Sleep: Fully disables the target until cured or recovered naturally. If attacked, the target will take 50% extra damage from all sources and then will wake up, curing the ailment.
Note: Only the first hit landed will have the 50% extra damage when using multitarget attacks.
Note 2: Funnily enough, while sleeping your evasion isn't disabled.

Poison: Deals a set amount of damage at the end of each turn based on the skill used.
Note: Poison damage inflicted by the player is capped at 255, unless you play on Picnic mode

Curse: Attacking an enemy will make you take 50% of the damage inflicted, the curse damage is count per instance so multihit attacks will trigger the effect multiple times.
Note: Killing an enemy while cursed still deals damage to the attacker. However, if the enemy who was killed is the last one, the damage taken by the attacker will be ignored

Fear: Targets who are afraid will have a 50% chance to skip their turn.
Note: The only difference between Fear and Paralysis is that Hexers have a small branch of skills to use when the target is afraid

Petrification: Fully disables the target until cured and changes their damage multipliers to 150% The only way to cure this on your party is using a Theriaca B or the Medic Refresh skill at lvl 8. There's also Ceft's Apothecary and if you're feeling really clever you can let that party member die, then revive them. At least it doesn't work live on Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey where petrified units could be instantly killed if hit with physical attacks.
Note: Since enemies cannot recover from Petrification the game counts them as dead
Note 2: There is a single conditional drop that requires instant death. Even if Petrification counts as instant death, using it won't give you the drop

Binds

Unlike other games, enemies and members of your guild will use certain body parts to cast skills. However the game will never tell you the body parts used on enemy skills.

Head Bind: Prevents the target from using head skills and reduces Accuracy by 20%
Arm Bind: Prevents the target from using arm skills and reduces STR by 30%
Leg Bind: Prevents the target from using leg skills and reduces AGI by 30%
No body parts used. Cannot be disabled.

Note 1: Unlike the DS version, binding the legs does prevent you fleeing. While some enemies can escape via skills, those skills do not use a body part

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 29, 2024

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
Huge missed opportunity that this version of the game didn't take the chance to patch in EO2's method of raising the level cap to troll completionists.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

I'm pretty sure at least ONE person took the time to raise the level cap without cheats at some point, and that scares me.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

CullenDaGaDee posted:

Huge missed opportunity that this version of the game didn't take the chance to patch in EO2's method of raising the level cap to troll completionists.

Fun fact, there's actually unused data for it in the DS version (which is also in HD) where party members had a stat table beyond level 70, going up to 99. It's just unused.

Incidentally, blind got a giga buff in HD. In the original game it was a 20% accuracy reduction. Which is basically a nothingburger as everyone is incredibly accurate in EO1. However, HD saw to buff it to a 70% accuracy reduction. (Similar to EO3 and beyond where it's a 67% accuracy reduction.) It's not an ailment you can facetank anymore. On the plus side it's better for Hexers to make use of.

Head binds are 20%, not a 30% reduction in this game.

Something I also want to bring up is that the codex in the series is I will say is a bit off when it comes to disable multipliers. This applies to all games since EO2U added in disable resistances to the compendium.

A double circle indicates a weakness, a regular circle indicates neutral, a triangle means resistance, and an X means immunity. Simple right? Though I will note what you and the game have standards on what counts as weaknesses or resistances may not match up.

quote:

Damage:
-Immune: 0%
-Resist: 1%-99%
-Neutral: 100%
-Weakness: 101%+

Disables (Regular enemies, EO3 FOEs, and all Oceanic Quest enemies and bosses):
-Resist: 1%-50%
-Neutral: 51-100%
-Weakness: 101%+

Disables (EO1 and 2 FOEs, and Labyrinth Bosses):
-Resist: 1%-30%
-Neutral: 31-74%
-Weakness: 75%+

Big enemies such as FOEs and bosses have a different indicator in the UI, likely because starting from EO2U, 50% was designed as the baseline as "neutral" for big enemies. This was ported over to the HD collection, but EO3's FOEs and oceanic bosses use a different standard for whatever reason. Likely because their multipliers were not designed along that standard back then.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 5, 2023

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Update 9

This is the party I'll be using.

We fight as one.

Due to a miscalculation I had to rest Stace, now she has Defender at Lv. 5 reducing physical damage to the entire party by 32%. Just like Front Guard, the scaling on this skill is terrible so I'll leave it at 5.

Go on, hit as hard as you want~

Duncan has Bait at level 2, allowing him to counter any physical damage he takes, this also works for allies on each side so I'm putting him in the middle. Dodging attacks or dying won't trigger the counter.

How do I make this work if I'm not in the open, hmm...

Sal will finally put some points into Apollon.

My dad used to sing this when I couldn't sleep...

It's going to take a while for this skill to truly shine. At max lvl Peace ballad will recover 5% (10% if Boosted) TP every turn, this doesn't sound like a lot but you can just spam guard for several turns once random encounters stop being dangerous.

Can someone carry me in there?

At max lvl, Curses gives both ailments and binds a 30% boost. After maxing that skill I'll focus on the binds since Duncan is using swords and I'm actually enjoying that playstyle a lot.

So those are the slimes you mentioned.

Give me my health back!

Eww...

Cool.

. . .

Let me guess, you want to attack it.

Yes.

*sigh* You never change Sal, okay girls behind me!

Cutter

Level: 27

HP: 790

STR: 119
TEC: 33
VIT: 57
AGI: 50
LUC: 50

Skills:
Shredder: A Bash attack dealing 120% damage to a single target. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.
Roar: Attempts to inflict Fear on the entire party. Has a 40% infliction chance and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 973

Item Drops:

: Bear Fur 40% Drop Rate. Sells for 370 En.

1 required for Bear Glove DEF+3, STR+2, TEC+1

Description: Bears with thick muscles and long claws. Novice adventurers should avoid them at all costs.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Cutters tend to use Roar on the first turn then a mix between Shredder and basic attacks. Luckily, both skills have a 10% speed modifier so the entire team can outspeed it. We already have Theriaca B unlocked so we should be fine if it decides to use Roar. Having an advantage of 7 levels is scary but Sapping will help against that.

Go Bearserk!

Stab!

Well aren't you a real aBearration!

Really?

The weight on your arms is unBearable.

Can you bind its arms?

Bear with me please...

Yikes, look at that damage... A basic attack is coming.

Come on Sal, focus!

The bear puns were too much for me.

No drop, drat it. Let's try that again.

W-We definitely got lucky the f-first time, right...?

It's over, we're going to die.

Thanks to the preemptive attack on the previous fight he skipped Roar, not anymore.

Here!

Much better!

Can you hurry up a bit?

Better?

Luckily we only need one of those.

Bear Fur x1 unlocks Bear Glove DEF+3, STR+2, TEC+1. Price: 800 En.
Stinger x9 and Steel Lump x3 unlocks Oval Aspis DEF+5. Price: 450 En.

The Bear Glove is pretty decent thanks to the STR and TEC boost.

So this bird ambushed you before?

We weren't looking so...yeah.

I wonder if there's something valuable back there.

Charge!

Moa

Level: 25

HP: 900

STR: 90
TEC: 31
VIT: 52
AGI: 47
LUC: 47

Skills:
Rush: A Stab attack that deals 90% damage to the entire party. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 729

Item Drops:

: Bird Limb 45% Drop Rate. Sells for 350 En.

1 required for Biliomg ATK+77, STR+3
1 required for Apothecary's request II QUEST

Description: This large, plump, flightless bird compensates with its quick foot speed.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Another FOE that requires a single drop to unlock everything, hell yeah. Moas can hit pretty hard with rush, thankfully it has a slow speed modifier. They don't have a weakness so just hit them with your strongest moves, I know exactly the skill I want to use against it.

Stay strong!

Oh no, I'm so exposed what am I going to do?

Survive the next attack I hope.

I'm cheering on you, Duncan!

Big mistake~

Oh yeah, bait is a direct counter to the Moas if you have a 3-2 formation.

Go Duncan!

Woo hoooo!

Woo ho.

You're awfully quiet Sal, weren't you the one who wanted to fight it?

Any second now.

I see...!

That's Apollion at level 2, starting from level 5 it will have a chance to stun but more importantly a really big damage boost.

And we got the Bird Limb, nice. I'll get another one for the quest and then forget about the Moas.

No treasures here.

Boooo!

Try to ambush us again, I dare you.

I love having a storage on EO1.

Are you sure you'll be fine without me?

Pft, piece of cake.

Good luck guys.

Gambareee!

Here we go...

Oh yeah, we're dealing with damage tiles now. They deal 5% of your max HP every time you step on them, unlike other games there is no way to reduce the damage so I hope you have a lot of medicas or a Medic with Healing Touch.

Here's what the damage tiles look like on the DS.

Hmm.

What do you think, is it safe to step on those?

They added some thorns on the HD remaster but more importantly...

They removed that awful bright red effect so it doesn't look like you're playing Etrian Odyssey on a Virtual Boy every time you step in one of those.

Owwies!

Stace, carry me.

Uh... sure.

If you step on a damage tile it will turn red on your map automatically. However, on the DS...

There is a single color to paint tiles. I guess you can use Event icons but there is a limit of 50, which sounds like a lot but eventually won't be enough, at all.

The plants are moving!

The crazy lady at the bar was right.

Well, look at that.

Maneater

Level: 24

HP: 230

STR: 89
VIT: 49
AGI: 24
LUC: 27

Skills:

Binding: Attempts to inflict Arm Bind to a single target. Has a 70% infliction chance and a 10% speed modifier.
Earache: Attempts to inflict Head Bind to a single target. Has a 70% infliction chance and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 520

Item Drops:

Light Wood 25% chance. Sells for 32 en.

Starseed 18% chance. Sells for 40 en.

Description: Aggressive plants accustomed to the taste of human flesh. Keep well clear of these.

Damage Resistances:
: 150% : 100% : 100%

Status Resistances:
: 100% : 50% : 0%

Bind Resistances:

Maneaters will either bind you with a skill so slow, that even your alchemist can outspeed, or will hit you very hard. Both of those options result on the Maneater dying at the end of the first turn or at the start of the second one.

Hng...! Someone silence that thing...

Listo.

I know, that encounter was very exciting. The mean enemies will start to show up on the next floor.

DEF+3, nah.

CRAP I FORGOT TO HEAL!

Miss Stace!

Hey! He ate a piece of my shield!

Shh!

Rude.

Come on Sal don't be rude with h- Woah!?

Shh, something is stalking us.

W-Where is it?

Back off!

Sal, the plants!

Fangleaf

Level: 21

HP: 225

STR: 78
TEC: 19
VIT: 42
AGI: 22
LUC: 25

Skills:
Binding: Attempts to inflict Arm Bind to a single target. Has a 70% infliction chance and a 10% speed modifier.
Thorn: Attempts to inflict Blind on a single target. Has a 70% infliction chance and a 50% speed modifier.

Exp: 330

Item Drops:

Light Wood 30% chance. Sells for 32 En.

Dye Petal 19% chance. Sells for 34 En.

Description: Woe to the traveler who confuses this plant for an ordinary species of flora.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

A weaker Maneater that's can Blind you instead of (head) Bind you. What else, let's see.... Oh right! Blind got buffed, from 20% to 70%.

Oh no, I'm so vulnerable...

Hey you weren't supposed to miss!

Please do that more often.

We have a huge scorpion chasing us, stop playing around.

I just want to reach the end of this hallway, even if I have to step on a lot of damage tiles...

I miss Heilen.

Run away...

Game please.

Game please, I have an FOE behind me!

I'm sorry...

My bad...

What are we gonna do...?

Enough!

*gasp* Rina, your arms...

Forget about me, just use the thread and let's get out of here.

That was way too close to a game over.

What's this...?

You obtain a crystal shard that emits a wondrous light. It releases a low pitch and a dazzling glow, as if resonating with something... Perhaps it opens the mysterious crystal entwined with ivy, seen elsewhere in the Labyrinth.

H-Hng...

Rina...! I'm using the thread!

That's the face of a man who knows he's going to get paid.

Still alive.

Are you sure?

I've failed as a Protector...

Stop being so gloomy about it.

Your arms.

Not you too.

Did the monsters...?

They're dead, or at least in a state where they won't be able to move anymore.

I found this before I used the Ariadne Thread.

A clear key! We can use it to open the doors with a white crystal.

Go and do that. I would like to have my arms on the right position again.

You have our gratitute Rina.

I'll look for Heilen.

To hide an item like this behind the crystal doors.

Nothing personal.

Deers are no longer a threat and we need to kill this one to reach the next door.

Ah~ a secret stash of Medicine.

Medica IV heals the target by 350 HP. A bit overkill but you can save them for later. The next door is in B5F.

Mr. Salvador...

Sal is more than enough, what is it?

We can reach the 5th floor if we teleport to the Geo Pole, why walk all the way there?

Hahaha! She got you good!

Pft..

Ah crap. I forgot the thread.

Let's not forget about the thread next time, okay?

:siren: If you're serious about exploring this area in a single trip you better have a lot of HP and TP restoration items :siren:

Quite the long hallway.

Careful, there are wolves here.

I'm not sure if I already talked about Nectar II but it revives someone with a good chunk of HP.

*whistle*

Bravant II grant the user a 25% ATK boost while reducing DEF by 20%

Smells like honey.

Are we ready?

I was waiting for you to say that.

Another long hallway.

DO NOT touch that just yet.

Open that treasure box first.

This is a one way path, and the game doesn't tell you something like "you see a small crack" No, they just move you to the other side and if you forget to open the treasure box first you'll have to go all the way back.

What are you guys doing here?

Starting from here you'll find enemies from the 2nd Stratum, currently we're facing enemies usually found at B6F.

Are you sure that's how this floor looks?

I'm pretty sure that's how it looks. Odd, I know.

Look at that gorgeous map.

Ha~ I missed the smell of these flowers.

The 4th floor... Let's be cautious, we don't know what we're going to find here.

How can a plant hit so hard?

Tell me about it.

There there, you'll live.

Heilen main role is to use Healing Touch over and over again.

I hope you're ready to see some crazy floor design.

That's a lot of doors, what do you suggest Sal?

One by one, no other choice.

Beary sneaky.

I think we're surrounded.

ROAAAAAAAR!

Why didn't you told me there was a giant bear down there? We're done, I should've stayed on Etria...

Oh dear, not having Sapping is really hurting me

Please don't use a basic attack, please don't use a basic attack.

I've failed again.

NOW YOU'VE DONE IT!

Calm down Heilen.

Do not tell me to calm down after he injured Stace!

She's fine, just some bruises.

Do you see anything in there?

It's empty!

What's with bears up here being so aggressive?

It's...jelly?

Stonard II reduces phyisical damage taken by 26% Might be useful.

Are you okay in there?

Still empty!

See anything useful?

The stairs are here!

Starting from this floor we'll encounter enemies from B8F, now this is where things get tricky.

Good job Cantata.

Hm-mm!

We should check the rest of the doors before leaving.

Are you sure this is a good idea?

I've been wanting to try something.

The good old Defender + Inmunize.

Is that it?

The ultimate shot.

A flaming strike!

Ohh~

Do you still need money for your parents?

Miss Yolanda is taking care of that. This treasure is for everyone!

Holy crap that's a lot of doors. Back to B3F.

Here's a piece of advice if you're planning to explore this place blind.

:siren: If your encounter radar is red DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT INTERACT WITH ANY DOOR :siren: To show you why I'm going to move 1 tile and trigger the incoming encounter.

Petaloid

Level: 22

HP: 135

STR: 64
TEC: 28
AGI: 28
LUC: 28

Skills:
Sleep Pollen: Attempts to inflict Sleep on the entire party. Has an 80% infliction chance and a 50% speed modifier.

Exp: 344

Item Drops:

: Scent Wood 25% Drop Rate. Sells for 35 En.

: Gum Vine 15% Drop Rate. Sells for 39 En.

1 required for Edge Whip ATK+49
4 required for Hindi ATK+49, TEC+4
5 required for Long Bow ATK+39

Description: The sweet scent of these blossoms can cloud adventurers' senses, making them easy pray.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

I hate everything about these things. A 50% speed modifier when using Sleep Pollen isn't exactly slow. Petaloids will SPAM that skill non-stop until everyone falls, dealing extra damage with basic attacks. Luckily their STR isn't that impressive and their level isn't high enough to be considered a threat but they usually come in groups or with another enemy. Your best bet is to kill at least one of them in the first turn. I'll explain a very annoying fact about these things in a minute.

Firebird

Level: 23

HP: 135

STR: 66
TEC: 29
AGI: 58
LUC: 58

Skills:
Charge: Charges to use Blaze next turn. Increases ATK by 100% and has an 80% speed modifier.
Fireball: A Fire attack that deals 85% damage to the entire party. Has a 95% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.
Corrode: Reduces the entire party's DEF by 50%. Has an 80% speed modifier.

Exp: 420

Item Drops:

: Feather 45% Drop Rate. Sells for 30 En.

1 required for Down Staff ATK+22, TEC+2
5 required for Plumed Hat DEF+2, TP+7
7 required for Down Glove DEF+2
10 required for Wing Coat (Clothes) DEF+6
12 required for Plume Boot DEF+2, AGI+3

: Tailbone 20% Drop Rate. Sells for 37 En.

1 required for Long Bow ATK+39
5 required for Bone Flail ATK+47, HP+11 Required for A favor for Shellika III QUEST

Carminite : 100% Drop Rate. Sells for 76 En.

1 required for Fire Ring DEF+1, Fire Resistance +15%
1 required for Chef's odd request II

Note: Composite fire attacks work and should be the way to go due to the Firebird being almost immune to fire damage.

Description: A bird so resistant to fire, they say, that it consumes flame as its sustenance.

Damage Resistances:
: 100% : 125% : 100%
: 10% : 125% : 50%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Firebirds tend to behave like this. Turn 1 Corrode, Turn 2 Charge, Turn 3 Fireball. Corrode is a very dangerous and fast debuff at this point of the game, Charge does literally nothing because it's still bugged and it's supposed to boost ATK. Blaze uses TEC to deal damage so the attack buff wouldn't even matter. Truly one of the enemies of all time.

Begone!

And... My entire party is now helpless, thanks game.

Hng... stop tickling me Duncan

I love being able to dodge while sleeping.

*gasp* Where am I?

Why...?

And there's Blaze. Quite a nasty combo, eh?

Don't try to stop me Sal.

Don't worry, I'm as furious as you.

That took 4 turns by the way. So, why did I tell you to avoid entering these rooms?

Can you stand?

It still hurts...

Something is coming, out of the room now. Stace wake up!

Huh...?

Do you like FOEs that spawn out of nowhere? I do. Petaloids can leave your team helpless for several turns, even if they don't kill you. These FOEs will.

It's trying to destroy the door...

Come on, let's get out of here.

Duncan, dont! Her skin is still sensitive!

I'm sorry! Just, let's get out of here...

*nod*

This encounter is very common so I hope you have enough power to deal with at least one petaloid before they can use Sleeper.

Not this time.

Just like the Sleepgels, Petaloids tend to attack sleeping party members. If you have a Theriaca B you can wake up the entire team and prevent the rude awakening.

How do you like that?

At least that's what I'd like to say... The way petaloids AI works is simple.

Q: Is everyone sleep?
Yes: Hit someone
No: Use Sleep Pollen again

If you use a Theriaca B to wake everyone they will keep using sleeper over and over again until everyone falls sleep. The best you can do against petaloids is just try to kill them with any party member that is awake. Using Theriaca B is actively detrimental for your party.

How can I call myself a Medic if I can't even protect a little girl...

:bang:

I'm running out of ideas.

*gasp* Again...? Come on!

I HATE YOU!

*heavy breathing*

Cantata...?

Hang in there okay? We're almost out of here.

I wish I could do more for you guys.

Don't open that door yet.

Again?!

RNG is not on my side :psyduck:

Not enough.

Enough with you!

Come on!

The way is clear.

Just a bit more.

This fight took another 7 turns so I'll just skip it. I've had enough of Petaloids for now.

Don't give me an encounter...

That is the only shorcut you're getting. Unless you want to go all the way back to B5F I suggest you to come here prepared.

We're going home Cantata. I'm sorry you had to go through all this.

*nod*

Feather x1 and Light Wood x5 unlocks Down Staff ATK+22, TEC+2. Price: 670 En.

Only useful for Alchemists or frontline Medics. The best one you can get is the Bone Flail so you may want to save your money for now. That's all for this update, now I'll show the skills the party has so far.

While Crush is useful against FOEs and bosses, Yolanda will need some coverage against big groups of enemies. Allslash is the next skill I'll put into.

Salvador has Apollon at lvl 5, dealing 390% damage at the cost of taking 3 turns to activate and it has a chance of Stunning the enemy starting from Lv. 5. The Stun chance isn't that impressive, but the skill is already very strong.

Stace needs one more point into TP UP to unlock the Anti-Element skills, these aren't that good in the main game outside some bosses and FOEs but I'll need at least one of them at Lv. 5 on the next Stratum. Other than that she can take the pressure off the team and if Rina uses Sapping enemies will have a very hard time trying to injure her.

Duncan has Bait at lvl 5, gaining a boost of damage when allies trigger the effect. Drain is still pretty good, allowing Duncan to deal damage and heal himself.

Heilen can make the exploration a lot better thanks to Healing Touch. During combat, Salve and Inmunize can make the party very hard to kill. This doesn't work against status ailments so poison and sleep are still a big threat.

Melissa can one shot most of the enemies weak to elemental damage and she's about to have Thor at Lv. 5 dealing 184% Volt damage to all enemies. Very useful on the second Stratum, due to so many enemies having a Volt weakness.

Cantata is now able to start leveling up Peace Ballad.

Misaka needs a new katana ASAP. Her skills make her very strong against a single target, with both Midareba and Katana Mastery maxed she will try to get some elemental coverage thanks to Orochi (Cut+Fire) once it's avaliable.

With Curses maxed, Rina can now put points into her Arm Bind skill. I'll probably give Frailty a single point so she can dispel enemy DEF buffs.

See you in the next update. :cheersbird:

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 29, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Never seen a good Petaloid, never will. They're complete assholes. I'm a little surprised you haven't been party wiped yet.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

quote:

https://lpix.org/4595577/Heilen.png Hng...stop tickling me Heilen...

...I think you might've accidentally given Heilen some more background lore.

:)

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Oh, lmao. My bad

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

BraveLittleToaster posted:

Never seen a good Petaloid, never will. They're complete assholes. I'm a little surprised you haven't been party wiped yet.

Untold 2 petaloids can literally jumpscare you :)
As for the party wipe, going blind into those rooms and having an encounter against petaloids is pretty much a gamble considering there's a red FOE inside some of them.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I think the biggest issue with the Etrian HD remasters is that they've left me jonesing for more and since I only have a switch i need to wait for more Atlus games in that style to eventually be ported over.

Need to read through this thread to see what the mechanics changes are since my playthrough was based off the info on the lparchives.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

citybeatnik posted:

I think the biggest issue with the Etrian HD remasters is that they've left me jonesing for more and since I only have a switch i need to wait for more Atlus games in that style to eventually be ported over.

Need to read through this thread to see what the mechanics changes are since my playthrough was based off the info on the lparchives.

I'll make sure to list any changes, also the "updated" skills when I eventually do a class Overview.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Update 10

O-Oww...!

Only a bit more Cantata, these Mint Leaves should help to reduce the pain.

Thank you, Doctor...

I'm glad you decided to join us.

I was careless, I can only help against physical attacks.

Come on, don't say that. You've been really helpful.

It doesn't hurt anymore.

I'm glad~ If it starts to burn again apply the mint ointment.

Okay!

Let's get going.

Agreed.

You're injured too, dummie.

You're no fun.

Say hi to Rina for us.

I've been here all along.

¡Mina-san, ohayou gozaimasu! Let's do our best today.

Someone's excited. How's Cantata?

She just needs to apply the ointment I gave her, same as Duncan.

What about Sal?

He's not injured but I have no clue about his location.

Let's get going then!

Heilen, do you know anything about scorpions?

Not quite but I can tell that one is very poisonous. Even if Stace can take the blows, the poison will do the rest.

Luckily we can avoid these stronger foes.

That doesn't sound powerful enough, how about FOE?

What?

I like it, FOE it is.

Let's just avoid it for now. Be careful, I doubt this is the only one.

Interesting. Not even the smaller spiders are safe from them.

I see an arm.

Probably a sloth, I'd love to have a closer look...

I hate ruining the entomology session but we have a foe-

FOE!

...an FOE chasing us.

The goal of this floor is to avoid the scorpions, but...

I'll crush you!

Assassin

Level: 26

HP: 950

STR: 121
TEC: 32
VIT: 54
AGI: 40

Skills:
Needle: A Stab attack that deals 120% damage to a single target. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.
Venom: A Stab attack that deals 70% damage and attempts to inflict Poison or Paralysis on a single target. Has a 50% infliction chance and deals 113 Poison damage. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 100% speed modifier.

Exp: 970

Item Drops:

: Thin Shell 40% Drop Rate. Sells for 300 En.

: Toxic Barb 15% Drop Rate. Sells for 400 En.

1 required for Toxic Whip ATK+57, STR+4
1 required for Fashionista II

Description: A type of scorpion that carries one of the deadliest poisons known to mankind.

Damage Resistances:
: 90% : 90% : 90%
: 100% : 100% : 150%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

I hate this thing. The random 10% Phys resistance, the high damage poison does and the Toxic Barb. Getting one of these can be a real challenge, on my previous playthrough it took me until I was Lv 54 to finally get one. Luckily you only need two, not that it matters when that 15% chance exists.

Just in case it decides to use poison I'll have Stace use a Theriaca B since she's the slowest member right now.

Misaka will set up her only stance and spam Midareba until she runs out of TP, not that she needs a lot of time for that to happen.

Volt isn't going to do much against this thing so I'll spam Thor.

The damage from Venom and the 113 poison tick damage is enough to one shot pretty much anyone other than Yolanda and Stace, that's why I need Immunize.

Are you poisoned?

I don't think so!

Ha!

Had enough yet?

Decent damage.

Everything is...blurry...

Luckily I had immunize.

Stand your ground!

Oh come on!

You're lucky, bug!

Melissa, take care of the poison. Heilen, use the strongest medicine we have!

You fool.

I'll cut you in half!

Do your thing Misaka.

Heh...the scorpion hasn't even noticed that it's been cut.

I'm pretty sure you hit it.

No Toxic Barb, great.

Shortcut here.

And here, but we won't be unlocking this one for a long time.

I hear a spring.

I wouldn't mind taking a little break.

Water flows between the trees here, and there are standing pools of water. Merely by standing here, your body begins to feel lighter.

Oh I've read about these! We need to enter and take a bath together. But it's supposed to be hot water...

I'll pretend I didn't hear that.

Same here.

Stay alert!

It feels as though you are being stalked by some dangerous creature. The sense of foreboding is enough to drive you from the spring immediately. It may be best not to return here again.

Let's get out of here!

H-Hey! Wait for me!

This event will fully recover HP and TP once. Always welcome.

The Wyvern should be down here. I'm so excited!

I don't think we can defeat something as powerful as a Wyvern. Not yet, at least.

Not with that attitude. Banzaaaaaai!

And off she goes.

Where's Misaka?

If only Sal was here.

Misaka!

Wait, Yolanda!

That girl I swear...

Look at the ground, it doesn't hurt anymore. Did the Wyvern cause this?

Heilen!

I know, I know.

Back off beast! I'll crush your head!

Misaka the Wyrmslayer... I like it!

Come on, they need us!

We're coming!

I have a bad feeling about this.

"Music: Dyed in Blood"

Boosted Defender and Boosted Immunize should help us survive.

W-WOAAAAAAAAH!

Wyvern loves to open the fight with Tornado binding the legs of the entire party. This wasn't a big deal on the DS but...

Take this!

. . .

Uh... Retreat?

Can't...move...!

Say hi to the new leg binds not allowing you to run away.

Leave her alone, hiyaaa!

My...my katana!

It's been 4 turns and all five binds are still there. Fenrir must be laughing at me right now. I'll just wait until they wear off, I should be fine while Defender and Immunize are still up.

Come at me!

It's leaving us?

We should do the same!

Yeah, we won't be doing this fight for a while. In case you're curious she's level 40.

Hng...

Welcome back, Paladin.

You know you look like an angel, Heilen?

Heh~

Please forgive me for going on my own...

*sigh* I survived a rockfall during my training, an oversized lizard isn't going to kill me. I'm glad you're fine.

B-but...

That's just how those two are.

I'm glad you remember.

Just don't do that again.

Let's look for the egg.

Stay behind me Misaka, you can't do much without a katana.

The Wyvern will rotate her camera in a clockwise direction every 4 steps you take. Keep in mind she won't move unless you've been detected. The egg is behind her, so keep in mind how many times you can move and of course have an Ariadne Thread ready just in case.

You feel something large and round at your fingertips...This must be the dragon egg you seek!

I'll carry it, should we return to town?

Let's map this floor before leaving.

I could open this shortcut with a single slash! If I had a katana...

Hmm, the white key doesn't work.

The roots reach to the ceiling as if to receive something, but they do so in vain. As you puzzle over this, you suddenly hear familiar voices approach behind you.

Senpai!

The warrior woman Ren hails you, her constant companion Tlachtga standing silently by her side. The ronin and and hexer seem pleased with your progress thus far.

We have a favor to ask of such accomplished explorers.

What can we do for you two?

Usually, the waters of a healing spring can be found here. Lately, though, the water has stopped, creating a great nuisance for adventurers.

You think they mean the "spring" we found upstairs?

Most likely, yeah.

A monster blocking the spring in the floor above is to blame. It is tiresome and vexing. Warriors of Mikado... Will you go to the spring, and free it from that vile monster? We could make short work of it ourselves, but we have other matters to attend to. If you mean to further explore the Labyrinth, to do this would be in your best interests.

Can we do it? Can we? Can we?! To gain the approval of such a fierce warrior like Ren-senpai...

I don't really care, but I'm pretty sure you'll need my help.

What about you two?

I survived the attack of a Wyvern, a monster guarding a spring shouldn't be a problem.

You'll need someone to patch you up so count me in.

We accept the quest!

B8F B4 Take Point

Crabapple 50% chance. Sells for 35en.
5 required for Medica III (Recovers the target by 200HP)

Mint Leaf 25% chance. Sells for 41en.

If you want a better chance at finding Crabapples, I guess.

You got everything?

Just a second, and... done!

Scorpion

HP: 122

STR: 63
TEC: 47
AGI: 28

Skills:
Needle: A Stab attack that deals 120% damage to a single target. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.
Venom: A Stab attack that deals 70% damage to a single target and attempts to inflict Poison or Paralysis. Has a 50% infliction chance and deals 113 Poison damage. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 100% speed modifier.

Exp: 500

Item Drops:

: Iron Shell 45% Drop Rate. Sells for 35 En.

1 required for Rapier ATK+45
3 required for Battle Axe ATK+58
3 required for Uchigatana ATK+55
3 required for Heat Aspis DEF+10, Fire Resistance +10%
5 required for Biliomg ATK+77, STR+3
5 required for Ring Mail (Heavy Armor) DEF+16, AGI-2

: Stinger 10% Drop Rate. Sells for 26 En.

1 required for Chain Helm DEF+3
3 required for Chain Mail (Light Armor) DEF+7
9 required for Oval Aspis DEF+5
10 required for Toxic Whip ATK+57, STR+4

Description: These scorpions rely on their poisonous tail for offense and their hard shell for defense.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

I hope you're not tired of these FOE nano. Scorpions have the exact same skills, is even weaker to volt and nulls all ailments for some reason and the poison damage is still very dangerous.

Nng...!

Oyasuminasan...

Is that it?

Enjoy your strong early game Melissa...

Squashed!

B8F C3 Take Point

Dye Petal 25% chance. Sells for 34en.

That's everything here, let's go back.

Ewwwww, no thanks. I'll be doing that quest later.

Well you look terrible.

Would you believe me if I told you I survived a Wyvern attack?

HAHA! You? Mm, I can believe that. Tell me everything about it and I'll tell you a little secret.

Well, first we went to the 8th floor and...

I need a break, see you later.

I'll check on the rest after we make our report to Radha Hall.

What about you Misaka, are you okay?

Back to training with the wooden katana...

I see you were able to safely retrieve the dragon's egg.

H-Here... Phew, it's pretty heavy.

I thank you for your efforts, and trust you successfully escaped the dread Wyvern.

No casualties.

Perhaps in the future, once you've become stronger, you may be able to challenge it... But for now, discretion is the better part of valor.

I swear I will!

That's the attitude.

It's wise to solve the difficulties you face one step at a time. Be that as it may, for your service in retrieving the dragon's egg... We present to you a small reward, to show our gratitude.

Medical funds.

Want a new katana with this money?

I appreciate the offer Yolanda-san but... I'll just wait until Shilleka sells a new one.

Ah yes, before I forget, there's someone I'd like you all to meet. He is Lord Visil, Chieftain of the Radha and leader of Etria. The chieftain wishes to speak with promising adventurers like yourselves about the forest. Wait one moment, please.

The Chieftain...

Do you know him?

I've never seen the Chieftain myself, Dr. Hoffman told me he gave the order to explore the Yggdrasil Labyrinth.

Am I pretty enough to meet the Chieftain? I should've brought my kimono...!

I am Visil, Chieftain of Radha Hall. I protect Etria and promote exploration of the forest. I wanted to personally thank you for your successful forays into the Labyrinth.

It's an honor, Chieftain Visil.

The Chieftain is thanking us...!

It's a great honor!

Now, as I'm sure you'll be exploring the place further... I have a point of advice to impart to you. The road leading further into the Labyrinth is hidden near the Wyvern. So said adventurers in ancient times, who went deeper into the Labyrinth than we do now. Lately, only a few explorers dare to go below the 8th floor... I have high hopes that you'll be the ones to reopen the way to the lower floors. Now then, if you'll excuse me... I look forward to speaking with you another day.

Can you believe it Misaka?!

Yossha!

I'll admit, Chieftain Visil thanking us is a huge achievement for Guild Mikado.

I'm glad you were finally able to meet our Chieftain. We're all very devoted to him, and we work with him to further develop this town. The Chieftain only has time to meet with the very bravest explorers, you know. It's a sign that you've become exemplary adventurers. Keep up the good work.

Gum Vine x1 and Bent Claw x1 unlocks Edge Whip ATK+45. Price: 1080 En.

Not that impressive but the best whip we can find on this Stratum requires a Toxic Barb, so...

"Music: That Name Was Engraved Into the 100th Volume!"

Are you sure it's fine?

She recovered quicker than I expected. I'd say she's good to go.

Hmm-mm!

What about Duncan and Rina?

Duncan is still recovering, the injuries he got after intentionally lowering his guard to counter attacks will take longer to recover. Rina's arms are...recovering very fast oddly enough, it's quite scary.

And Salvador?

No clue, I'm starting to get worried.

I trust in Sal, hopefully he'll be back after we take care of that monster on floor 7.

Brr... it's so cold in here.

Water flows between the trees here, and there are standing pools of water. Merely by standing here, your body begins to feel lighter. You ache to rest here... But suddenly, you sense an ominous presence nearby. Whatever vile creature blocks the spring's water is targeting you! As you look about, a gigantic crab steps forth from the cascading water.

You think that shell is harder than my armor?

I know how to properly cook a crab.

I'm listening.

It's large, sharp claws and hard shell make it seem a harder adversary than any you've faced. You vow to stand your ground and defeat the thing to restore this spring to its natural state!

Pondclaw

HP: 660

STR: 113

Skills:
Shell Guard: Increases DEF by 50%. Has an 80% speed modifier.

Description: A crustacean that zealously guards its fountain home with its claws.

Damage Resistances:
: 150% : 200% : 200%

Status Resistances:
: 100% : 200% : 100%

Bind Resistances:

If you have a Ronin with instant death this is one of the two times where you can use it.

You jerk, I didn't say anything about cooking you but now I'm considering it!

Heeeeeeeya!

Well, as long as it doesn't attack Melissa this fight is over.

Let me treat you, Melissa.

Doctor be careful!

Back off!

Here, Miss Melissa.

Do your thing Yolanda.

Haaaaaa!

So about that cooked crab...

With that, the pools of water below you audibly begin to drain somewhere. The crab's demise seems to have unblocked their flow to the lower regions. Your task complete, you decide to return to the main goal of exploring the Labyrinth.

Let's check on the spring we found at B8F.

Brr... it's cold.

I can't really drink with these gauntlets so uh, cheers.

Here, use one of my empty flasks.

And now we have an infinite source to fully heal HP and TP! Enjoy it because it's the first and last time something like this appears in the series (If we don't count the 3DS remake)

You know how this goes, kill one then take 3 turns to kill the other one, rinse and repeat.

As annoying as ever.

W-Wow!

Pretty impressive, huh? Someday we'll be able to defeat it together, as a team.

Please... don't fill her head with false promises. What is she going to do against something like-?

:ohdear:

Sorry I... I didn't mean to say that Cantata.

Easy there Cantata, you know Melissa. Pretty good with formulas, not so good with words.

I guess I deserved that one.

Come on, we don't want to be spotted by the Wyvern again.

Can you put some fire into my axe?

With a burning passion for music!

Not to be rude but is there a point to this?

Flaming strike!

The bird...!

It's... turning into a solid object?

Bingo! The lady at the bar told me these birds like to eat fire and if they do it too much...

What a horrible way to die.

Not painful enough...

Did you say something?

If we stay still then-

Forget about that, run!

Those are the shortcuts, there are 2 on each side.

Hopefully there won't be more damage tiles?

Yeah, right.

Do you have a death wish?

Still no Toxic Barb.

Part 1 of 2, keep reading

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 29, 2024

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Update 10, Part 2 out of 2

Glowbird

HP: 142

STR: 75
AGI: 64
LUC: 64

Skills:
Corrode: Reduces DEF by 50% to a single target. Has an 80% speed modifier.

Exp: 621

Item Drops:

: Feather 23% Drop Rate. Sells for 30 En.

1 required for Down Staff ATK+22, TEC+2
5 required for Plumed Hat DEF+2, TP+7
7 required for Down Glove DEF+2
10 required for Wing Coat (Clothes) DEF+6
12 required for Plume Boot DEF+2, AGI+3

: Bird Talon 14% Drop Rate. Sells for 35 En.

1 required for Ring Mail DEF+16, AGI-2
1 required for Bone Flail ATK+47, HP+11 Required for A favor for Shellika III
3 required for Down Glove DEF+2

Description: A very quick avian with a sharp beak. Strike hard and fast to counter its tremendous speed.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Did someone asked for a Firebird with more damage? The compendium description is very accurate. Glowbirds are ridiculously fast, maybe too fast since they can act before the Firebird uses Corrode. Luckily they have very low HP so you should be able to kill them on the first turn.

It attacked before I could even raise my shield!

Enough of that!

Do that again!

That's the last Carminite I needed. Time to grind for tailbones.

We can use the White Key here.

Nope!

What about this one?

Ah, much better.

I think you could use this one.

Uhh...

Maybe try using both at the same time?

What am I, a Barbarian?

I mean...

Let's see here...

B9F C4 Mine Point

Required for nothing.

Thin Shell 15% chance. Sells for 300en.

Whitestone again...?

Wait for your turn...

B9F C3 Mine Point

Required for nothing.

Whitestone again, again...?

And that's the last treasure. Not that good but eh.

That should be everything on this floor, except the room with the red FOE...

I wonder where does this water come from.

Maybe the spring on the first floor?

Already Lv. 25? Jeez, how long have I been down here?

Well, no luck on the left side, let's try this one instead.

Who keeps hiding medicine?

Not yet.

Mmm nope.

I just realized there hasn't been a single event since I started to explore this Stratum.

*SIGH*

I should've used these stairs.

Still stuck down here...?

I know I trained for this, but I'm exhausted.

I'm glad I don't have to wear heavy armor like you two.

I wanna go home...

Just a bit more okay? I know it's exhausting and it hurts but we'll get out of here eventually.

Hey, not bad. The Oak Jacket gives you DEF+8 and TP+8.

Eviloid

Level: 23

HP: 142

STR: 66
TEC: 29
VIT: 42
AGI: 29
LUC: 29

Skills:
Petals: A Bash attack that deals 95% damage to the entire party. Has an 80% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.
Silencer: Attempts to inflict Head Bind on the entire party. Has a 10% speed modifier and a 70% infliction chance.

Exp: 345

Item Drops:

: Gum Vine 15% Drop Rate. Sells for 39 En.

: Thick Leaf 15% Drop Rate. Sells for 36 En.

1 required for Leaf Tunic (Clothes) DEF+6
5 required for Leaf Cape DEF+2, HP+10

Description: This flower's defensive abilities preemptively stop adventurers from using certain skills.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Okay time to give this thing a proper introduction. Eviloids are the Petaloid's other half. One can put your entire party to sleep while the other delivers a fairly powerful AoE physical attack or binds the head of entire party. Pick your poison, I guess.

Uh-oh.

Uh-oh.

This again?

And there's the head bind... I'll try to use Provoke to-

I can't think of anything to make it mad.

Oh right it uses the head. Melissa can't use Ice and Cantata can't sing, I'm hosed.

Stay strong, Miss Stace.

My head is killing me, can you wake up already...?

Hng...those flowers ag- WOAH! Hey! At least let me wake up first!

Huh, nice dodge.

Am I playing Etrian Odyssey 2 or why is everyone missing so much?

Down I go...

No, you won't.

???

HYA!

That was the weirdest fight I've had so far.

Another Moa spawning out of nowhere.

So, a friend pointed out how the feathers of the Moa and the background look similar. Maybe that's how they hide?

Salvador would be so happy fighting FOEs right now.

Grr...! I'm so tired of you FOEs!

Is that the best you can do?!

Uh...drink this?

Huff...Huff... Who's next?!

Enough! Just leave it alone. Let's go upstairs already!

I've never seen her so mad.

This place must be getting to her head. Come on, Cantata.

Finally, a shortcut!

Eeeek! It's cold! Why did you do that?!

Better? We can't have you act like a wild animal here.

Oh... You're right. I'm sorry.

That's more like it.

Go! Go!

Lvl 26? drat.

Empty rooms, pretty suspicious...

Yes, but look over there! Treasure!

Halt! Something is coming.

Oh are these YOUR treasures?

Go ahead and try to hurt us!

Armoth

Level: 27

HP: 1200

STR: 119
TEC: 33
VIT: 57
AGI: 50
LUC: 50

Skills:
Charge: Charges to use Bullrush next turn. Increases ATK by 100% and has an 80% speed modifier.
Reckless Rush: A Bash attack that deals 135% damage to the entire party. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 2040

Item Drops:

: Great Tusk 80% Drop Rate. Sells for 1400 En.

1 required for Tusk Charm DEF+1, VIT+3 Required for The ivory charm

Description: An elephant whose tusks are so strong that a single strike is enough to fell most warriors.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:
: 25% : 1% : 15%

Bind Resistances:

If you watched the video I linked on the previous update you already know why these things are dangerous. Binds are an option but you only have 2 tries before taking damage, add a 25% Physical Resistance, no weaknesses and you have a very dangerous FOE.

I won't let any of you die, I swear it.

I don't have Rina so this will do for now.

Full power!

Free turn? Okay.

Can you even charge through here, fatso?!

It's coming!

Back off, beast!

Careful, don't fall sleep ♫

That's the TP recovered thanks to Peace Ballad, not much sure but remember it's a % and currently at lvl 2 (Actually, Lv. 7 thanks to the Boost)

Several turns using Crush and basic attacks later...

I didn't got the drop, oh well. I'll fight it again later.

More of this jelly.

Now that's what I like to see.

Oh!

Now this is a fantastic piece of armor, DEF+12 and HP+9? Gimme!

Keep it, you'll make my job easier if you're harder to kill.

Okay, that's more than enough. Finally we can go back to Etria.

I missed this little town.

I can already see myself laying on bed.

Yo! Still alive, good good!

Good.

A coin huh? Is it valuable?

Decided to take the request, have you? Good, I've been hoping someone would. I heard this request from a group of adventurers like you. They're pretty good--they've even reached the Wyvern's nest on the second Stratum. But somewhere around there, they saw a kind of bird-like thing they'd never seen before. They panicked, and didn't notice that they'd dropped something important while fleeing. From what they said, it's some coin they use to decide what to do when they're at a loss. They lost it near the Wyvern's nest, but the poor dears are too scared now to go back an look. After all, it was their good luck charm... They're afraid something terrible will happen. I know it'll be tough to find a tiny little coin, but it'd mean a lot to them if you can. Be careful, though. I don't like the sound of that "birdlike thing"...

I think I know what he wants.

Decided to take the request, have you? I'm glad you came back. It's Jackson Restaurant again. Since you've learned the Fire formula, he needs your help. He wants a Carminite that you can get from Firebirds in the Labyrinth. Rumor has it, only those who wield the Fire formula can get their hands on some. Experiment with a few different ways of defeating the bird, and I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Ta-dah!

Welcome back, kids. Found the trick to it, did you?

I used my flaming axe and with a single strike...

Crushed!

Aha... So you had to fight Firebirds with fire. This stone is supposedly his restaurant's secret ingredient in its recipes. I know he'll be pleased to see you got one. Thanks for your hard work.

Iron Shell x1 and Light Wood x10 unlocks Rapier ATK+45. Price: 1200 En
Iron Shell x 1 and Steel Lump x5 unlocks Battle Axe ATK+58. Price: 996 En
Gum Vine x5 and Tailbone x1 unlocks Long Bow ATK+39. Price: 1320 En
Thick Leaf x1 unlocks Leaf Tunic (Clothes) DEF+6. Price: 900 En
Feather x3 and Scent Wood x3 unlocks Oak Jacket (Clothes) DEF+8, TP+8. Price: 1250 En
Thick Leaf x5 unlocks Leaf Cape DEF+2, HP+10. Price: 500 En
Carminite x1 unlocks Fire Ring Fire Resistance +15% Price: 660 En
Gum Vine x5 and Light Wood x5 unlocks Lute (Troubador Only Accesory) TP+15. Price: 1600 En

Phew, quite a lot of new gear. The Rapier and Long Bow are the best weapons we can get for now, definitely buying both of them, the Oak Jacket can be good for low TP units, and the Leaf Cape is a "better" version of the Cut Charm if you really care about that extra 1 HP. The rest is worthless or meh.

Thick Leaf x3 and Mint Leaf x3 unlocks Stonard (Increases the target's DEF by 20% for 5 turns)

Oh yeah the Stonards, uh... I might use these later, other than that I have nothing else to say about the new gear/items we unlocked.

They already know that?

The Radha must have eyes everywhere.

Come on, don't be like that. Yes, Subaltern Quinn, we reached Floor 9.

In which case, there's something I must tell you. The bottom floor of the Primitive Jungle is host to a frightful monster. We know that many bands of adventurers have already fallen to it on the 10th floor... As a result, the Radha is launching an official mission to defeat the fiend. If you believe you can accept such a difficult task, we encorauge you to attempt it.

This is it!

Cernunnos...

Chieftain?

The big cheese.

Cheesetain.

We are pleased to see you have undertaken the task of defeating Cernunnos. We have borrowed an ancient god's name for the monster ruling over the 10th floor... It's been many years since the first adventurers stepped into the Labyrinth's 10th floor... That is when the monster Cernunnos began to trouble our expeditions. Since then, only two explorers have succeeded in reaching the third Stratum. Our great hope is that you will defeat Cernunnos and reopen the path below. I wish you luck, adventurers...

Since when are you guys so important? I had no idea you met the Chieftain.

I guess picking eggs for the Radha's breakfast is quite an achievement.

Jokes aside, It is quite an honor to finally meet him.

We need to prepare to face Cernunnos!

Do we?

Konbanwa Mina-san!

It's good to be back.

Were you kissing behind the bushes all this time or something?

E-Eto...

Stop that Misaka, this is serious.

Right... gomenasai.

What happened?

We went to Cantata's village.

...?!

Sorry it took me this long to write another update. I hope you enjoyed it! See you in the next one, hopefully won't take 3 extra days again.

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 29, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Glad to see another update. Good ol' Wyvern, a real series staple. I wonder how many first time players they've destroyed.

The Explorers Guild trial quest should be an unfun one, glad they decided not to do anything much like it in future games.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

I would make fun of people trying to fight the Wyvern when the Radha told you to just pick the egg. Buuuut on my first playthrough I completely forgot about the hidden paths the Chieftain mentioned :)

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Update 11

You went to my village?

Is this about the Ental we sent?

I wanted to leave everything to the Radha soldiers but...

quote:

drat it! Another lovely travel. Who cares about monsters when we need to worry about wild beasts and thieves.

Hurry, we have to deliver this one too. I know we don't have enough men and the road is dangerous but it's our job.

Need a hand with that?

Who are you, another adventurer wanting to brag about their achievements? Get out of here, we don't need your help!

Please forgive my men, we've been under a lot of stress lately. Why do you want to join us? I'm guessing you're an adventurer, shouldn't you be exploring the Yggdrasil Labyrinth?

One of our members needs this wagon to arrive safely. Besides, letting guards get injured or killed? That's not the way I do things.

I see. Hmm okay, you're in. We could use your keen senses to detect any threats, are you ready?

Hold on a minute.

Daijoubu kagayaku mirai ga~ Soko ni wa matteru hazu sa ♫

Am I interrumpting something?

Eek! N-No, I was training.

So I met these guards and they need help to guard a wagon. Want to get out of Etria for a few days?

Yes! Nothing wrong with the city but...a quiet life lifestyle is not how a Ronin lives!

We'll have to travel day and night, you should wear something that can withstand many types of weather.

Hmm...

. . .

How about this? :smug:

That uh... Yeah, that works.

Was the village okay or...?

. . .

It's okay Cantata, your parents and the rest of the villagers are fine.

Wait, you actually talked to them? Are you out of your mind?!

I agree, imagine a stranger coming to your house and saying "Hello we know your daughter"

I hate having to agree with Duncan but yeah, it would be really uncomfortable.

Hey!

So that's why you brought Misaka with you?

Exactamente. She used to perform at the pub remember?

I heard Cantata-chan sing so many times. I could never forget such beautiful lyrics *sniff*

What happened next?

. . .

Sal?

We talked with them. They gave me a letter for her and a small Ocarina. Unlike the ones Shilleka sells this one is...unique.

Let me see!

Here you go, Cantata-chan.

The troubador hugs both the letter and the Ocarina saying nothing.

So what does the letter...?

Duncan.

What is it? Oh... I get it, sorry.

It's okay Cantata you don't have to tell us about it if you don't want to. Go and get some rest okay?

I'll go with you, good night everyone.

Same here, see you tomorrow.

*nod*

Won't you reconsider?

What do you mean?

About Cantata, her parents miss her a lot.

Come on Sal, you know we can't...! Her support is-

...invaluable, I know. But think about her parents and how they must be feeling, besides she's just a child.

Did something happened on her village? You seem distressed.

If they need medical treatment I can go, no problem.

Even if their parents have a better quality of life thanks to the money, that doesn't help the village. What's the point in having money in a place where there's barely any food or clean water.

What's the big idea then?

We keep helping Cantata until she can give her village a better quality of life. End of the discussion.

*sigh* She's gone.

Cheer up friend, I understand where you're coming from but no one forced Cantata to join. Give her some time okay? Eventually she'll tell us about the letter and the ocarina.

I know Yolanda can be very stubborn but she wouldn't let anything bad happen to her.

Right... I'll go and get some rest. I'd like to explore the Labyrinth tomorrow.

Why does everyone keep worrying about Cantata and not me?

Well, she can't ring a bell to break limbs. Where did you learned to do that?

That's a story for another time.

*grunt*

Don't you dare to spoil it.

Let's start the update, this time for real.

I want to finish the Shilleka quest already. This area is great if you want to find Firebirds and Scorpions, I'll stay here for a while until I get enough Tailbones/Feathers and Iron Shells. The Glowbirs are fairly common down there but I'll just pick the 3 Bird Talons I need to unlock everything.

Careful, it's a lot of materials again...

Amazing! I always say you're t' best guild.

Quite a lot of new gear. First we have the useful stuff:

Selling Iron Shell x5 and Bird Limb x1 unlocks Billiong ATK+77, STR+3. Price: 1440 En
Selling Tailbone x5 and Bird Talon x1 unlocks Bone Flail ATK+47, HP+11. Price: 1360 En
Selling Iron Shell x3 unlocks Uchigatana ATK+55. Price: 1380 En
Selling Iron Shell x3 and Stinger x3 unlocks Iron Plate DEF+12, HP+9. Price: 1000 En

All 3 weapons here are a massive upgrade, remember you get a Bone Flail as a reward. The Iron Plate is a very good upgrade, those extra 9HP can be the difference between a party member dying or not.

Not so Useful or straight up trash:

Selling Bird Talon x1 and Iron Shell x5 unlocks Ring Mail DEF+16, AG-2. Price: 1150
Selling Feather x10 unlocks Wing Coat DEF+6. Price: 1050 En
Selling Feather x5 unlocks Plumed Hat DEF+2, TP+7. Price: 325 En
Selling Feather x7 and Bird Talon x3 unlocks Down Glove DEF+2. Price: 225 En
Selling Iron Shell x3 and Light Wood x1 unlocks Heat Aspis DEF+10, Fire Resistance +10% Price: 550 En
Selling Feather x12 unlocks Plume Boot DEF+2, AGI+3. Price: 350 En.

The Ring Mail isn't terrible but there's no reason to buy it when you have the Iron Plate unlocked and the Plumed Hat is very redundant if you already unlocked the Star Charm accessory (DEF+1, TP+10) I guess wearing the one you find in a treasure box can be a nice replacement until you send your farmbot team to gather materials.

The rest is terrible, maybe buy the Heat Aspis for your protector if you really care about DEF? But the only enemy using fire attacks is the Firebird but at this point they're just free EXP.

Phew...I think that's everything.

It wasn't easy but I'm glad we could help you.

You've been such a big help! I wish y'could be exclusive to m'shop... Hah! I left y'reward wit' Valerie like t'last time, so don't forget t'pick it up.

So how do I use this...?

You should've seen her face when we delivered all the materials.

Sounded like you've got another satisfied customer. Keep up the good work, okay?

O-OH! Now this is a proper blade.

Keep in mind, to get your first katana you need to kill an FOE and get lucky with the drop or mine the material from B4F. Only after 4 entire floors you can get a new one, what the hell game?

Such a peculiar weapon.

If you're using a frontline Medic this can help, the extra HP is always nice.

Good morning everyone, I hope you're ready for some action today.

Go away, fiend.

Come on, the earlier the better.

Are you sure you want to come with us Cantata-chan?

Y-Yeah...

I see this quest isn't completed yet.

The explorers are the true monsters.

Try talking to the crazy lady over there.

What can you tell us about the unknown monster?

The explorers! The explorers are the monsters!

See?

She means the monster mentioned in this quest.

Yuck, another one of those.

She hates blonde people for some reason.

They PISS me off, get it? Kikiki...

Okay, then what can you tell ME?

Hmm...I like your hair. Can I get a bite?

Thank you, and no.

A cornered monster is the most dangerous, especially those who hide after the battle has been completed. A quick nap is all one of them needs to hide and ambush their prey. The sun will tell when the monsters hunt once again.

What does that mean?

I don't know, sounds groooovy doesn't it?

I think I have an idea. Let's wait a bit.

Since when "a bit" means 10 hours?

It's been a few hours. Have a look at the map, remember the Moa hiding on A7?

Totally.

And the one that ambushed Stace and Yolanda on A2.

Yeah, I told you about that one too.

And you marked the movement pattern of those bears here and here.

I'm a bit lost.

Me too.

Ohh I get it! If they wanted to come back and chase the enemy, they wouldn't do it inside stronger enem-

FOE.

...FOE territory, so we should look on the left corner, where there isn't any!

Not bad Cantata, not bad at all.

Come heeeeeere~

So, you can find the target on this area between 10 am and 4 pm.

What's with the flower?

You don't want to know.

Well that was disappointing.

Yeah the enemy is just a normal Petaloid. Another quest on the 2nd Stratum where the red FOE is a normal enemy, how nice of you game.

And that's what happened.

I see... So that monster only comes out at certain times of day, huh? That explains why it was gone when our clients went back to try and find it. Well, even monsters have their daily routine. I'm sure that creature isn't the only one.

Eh, not really, time barely matters on EO1 but whatever you say Valerie. Well, back to the Labyrinth.

Yosh!

I'm glad I wasn't here to deal with the thorny floor, at least most of it.

We still have to deal with those thorns.

*sigh*

Oh~ A miraculous medicine! That's something Heilen would say.

Stairs here.

Is that a giant scorpion?

It sure is.

Ah, crap.

How about you never do that again.

Mmm~ You need to teach me how to do that so efficiently

Just you wait.

Don't worry! The blood coming out of my nose is a very common trope in an-

Let's speed up things a bit.

For Miss Ronin!

Heheh, it tickles to use my blade like this.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES FINALLY!

Oww...I couldn't even use my new katana against a worthy enemy.

*GASP* FINALLY, AN EVENT!

Yeah, you wish, it's just a shortcut.

That's a pretty good map Duncan, keep it up.

Aww, thanks Sal.

Another Toxic Barb, pretty pleeeease?

*SIGH*

Hiya! Shortcut unlocked.

Let's check the rest of the floor.

Well that was a waste of time.

I really wish I could say more about this Stratum...

Stairs here!

New floor, I wonder what lurks here.

Oh dear this floor, no Medic but with a lot of Medica.

Anyone home? W-What the...?!

Stingmaw

HP: 171

STR: 94
VIT: 49
AGI: 30

Skills:
Fang: Uses the Head. A Cut attack that deals 90% damage to a single target. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.
Voltshot: Uses the Arms. A Volt attack that deals 120% damage to a single target. Has a 10% speed modifer.

Item Drops:

: Tiger Fur 25% Drop Rate. Sells for 40 En.
2 required for Iron Glove DEF+3
5 required for Chain Boot DEF+3, AGI+4

: Tiger Fang 12% Drop Rate. Sells for 45 En.
1 required for Viking ATK+57, STR+5, VIT+2

Description: Beast with needle-sharp teeth. If you can avoid those in battle, you should emerge unharmed.

Damage Resistances:
: 100% : 150% : 0%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Say hi to yellow Fenrir. Fang makes a return, dealing less damage than a basic attack once again! Despite using the arms Voltshot isn't a composite attack, it's a TEC-based attack and if you compare the Stingmaw STR to its TEC...

You're but a kitty compared to Fenri- wait, what is that flower doing?

Here we go aga...zzzzz

Good night...

Time for some Trivia, who can deal more damage when the entire party is sleeping?

A flower?

Ouch! What the...? Aww everyone looks so peaceful~

Or a huge tiger?

Eh? Did someone pinched my cheek?

That's Voltshot + 50% extra damage, yeah...

Good night kitty, forever.

drat, no Tiger Fang. At least I only need one of them.

Hehe~ It's time for- Oh, Sal can you move a bit?

I have a better angle from here. Steady...

Heh.

Hey, no fair! I can't hit multiple enemies like that.

There there...

Mmm, I'll pass.

Check this out!

Decapitated.

Hot.

Cooooool.

Close your eyes Cantata.

Cool.

What's with these birds? Fine, have it your way.

I'll let you imagine the rest.

B10F C3 Take Point

Dye Petal 50% chance. Sells for 34en.

Mint Leaf 25% chance. Sells for 41en.

If you really need 3 Dye Petals I guess?

Oh dear, these Armoths are not that hard to avoid but a random encounter can always ruin your day. I'll mark their movement pattern on the map, give me a sec.

Hehehe...

H-Hey leave my hair alone!

Stand still so I can shot them.

Hmm left or right?

Left.

Right.

Eto...

Hmp... Is that all you got?

Did you always had that hole in your belly?

Y-Yeah, it's an...old wound!

The hunt begins.

Attack!

Your life essence is mine, now... weaken!

Can you do that?

No.

I forgot Charge is an ATK buff, therefore it can remove the Sapping debuff.

Simple enough.

80% drop by the way.

Anyway, here is the pattern. Just don't corner yourself like I did and you should be more than fine.

They keep trying.

And dying.

B10F A4 Take Point

Cross Seed 25% chance. Sells for 150en.

: Toxic Barb 15% chane. Sells for 400 En.

1 required for Toxic Whip ATK+57, STR+4
1 required for Fashionista II

Now this is the Take Point you want to abuse. A 25% chance to get a Cross Seed and a 15% chance to get a Toxic Barb!

Oh man...

Battles against 4 Slimes and a Glowbird are very funny.

How long...have we been...?

Come on, it'll...improve your endurance...

Come on, keep going.

Can you get off me?

I don't think so.

I don't want to go back to Etria, then walk all the way back here...I'll just hope for the best, this Soma is my only safety net.

Kill the plants first.

The damage from the Stingmaw is so pathetic I almost feel bad for the petaloids, almost.

H-Huh?! Oh, this again...

Come on, let's wake up the rest.

What the hell is this floor design?

Heh, let's begin- HEY! Where are you going you cowards?

I can't run if you're on top of me!

Try harder.

This way!

Okay!

Shooooooooooooorcut. Let's go back to B8F!

That was really unnecessary and dangerous, but hey we're alive and that's what matters.

I'm missing a few rooms, let's see here...

Hehehe... come at me.

Well well...

Flawless.

That was amazing Mr. Duncan!

Using the enemy's speed against them, truly the mind of a tactician.

C-Come on, stop that you'll make me blush...

B10F C2 Mine Point

Fossil 50% chance. Sells for 55 en.

Scrap Iron 25% chance. Sells for 53en.

Another mining point.

W-Woah!

Ouch.

I see they keep relying on treachery to ambush us.

Sorry Rina, I didn't mean to drop you. Can you stand?

Break in half!

Poor thing.

. . .

Carry me again, don't drop me this time okay?

S-Sure...!

This FOE was guarding... another Mining Point, yay.

B10F E2 Mine Point

Fossil 25% chance. Sells for 55 en.

Mmm?

Over there.

Wondering who it could be, you investigate, and spy two female adventurers further in.

Those 2 again?

The warrior woman Ren and the flame-haired Tlachtga... What are they doing here? Piqued by curiosity, you consider heading in their direction to speak to them.

Yo, it's nice to see you two again.

It's good to see you again Ren senpai.

Ah, so it was you. I wasn't expecting you to make it down this far. This is the deepest part of the second Stratum... a rather dangerous place.

Monsters here aren't particularly strong, just annoying.

I'm tired of seeing scorpions.

And flowers.

The Jungle King, a monster responsible for many deaths on the 10th floor, dwells here. The Radha must be sending sacrificial lambs to try to unblock further exploration.

Ren falls silent for a moment, looking at you with curiosity.

Interesting that they picked Mikado... I hope they chose wisely.

Heh, there's nothing to worry about Ren senpai. King or Queen, the Mikado Guild will defeat it.

Shaking her head, Ren takes a bottle of medicine from her pack and hands it to you.

Take this. It's a medicine processed from plants deep in the forest. You'll need it.

Sweet, thank you.

After you accept the gift, Ren shifts her gaze to deeper within the forest.

Cernunnos, King of the Jungle... Its lair is nearby. Proceed with caution. If the forest proves too much for you, come back here whenever you're injured.

You thank the two adventurers, and return to your hunt for the Jungle King.

Ren and Tlachtga are our second healing spot on this Stratum, once again only avaliable until we defeat Cernunnos. Let's talk to them again.

The King of the Jungle dwells beyond here... I bid you good luck.

After the taciturn greeting, Ren sprinkles some shining droplets on you. The party's HP and TP are fully recovered!

Hey! We can drink you don't need to do that.

I don't mind~

This was made from the spring water you know so well. Drink, before challenging the beast.

As soon as the water slides down your throat, you feel your stamina replenished! You express your thanks to the two adventurers and resume your journey through the jungle.

You can never have enough of these.

I can feel a strong bloodlust behind this door, cool.

Let my voice give you the strength you need.

No one will stand in my way, not even the King of the Jungle...

I hate to say this but we barely have any supplies left, how about we go back to Etria?

Agreed.

I'm not selling this Toxic Barb, just showing the gear it unlocks.

Selling Toxic Barb x1 and Stinger x10 unlocks Toxic Whip ATK+57, STR+4. Price: 1540 En
Selling Tiger Fur x2 and Steel Lumpx3 unlocks Iron Glove DEF+3. Price: 275 En
Selling Tiger Fur x5 and Steel Lump x3 unlocks Chain Boot DEF+3, AGI+4. Price: 385 En

This is the best whip you can get on the 2nd Stratum, but it's useless for me since Duncan is using swords. The rest is whatever.

Be careful with this, even the small scorpions are able to deal severe damage.

Th... The reason it's purple is because it's poisonous, right?

I'm no Doctor but I can confirm this is indeed very poisonous!

J-Just put it in the bag over there. I swear... that lady's more trouble than she's worth.

Savage.

Decided to take that request, have you? Good, I've been hoping someone would. Do you know the Lady Pompadrille who lives in town? She's always looking for new and wonderful jewelry to enhance her natural beauty. But she's never satisfied with store-bought stuff--she wants jewels from the forest. Her latest desire is an Old Choker made of fossils. I know it's not easy to mine for fossils, so good luck.

It is, or at least it was.

. . .

We already mined what we needed so let's buy the Old Choker.

Welcome back, kids. So, this is the Old Choker? It looks pretty odd... But it'll look nice on our client, I suppose. Anyway, thanks.

There's still one more thing to do.

You think back to the quest you accepted at the pub... A few adventurers dropped a coin, you recall, after being attacked by an unusual bird. You may have stumbled upon the very monster that scared them. You resolve to head east, to find the missing coin and fullfill the request.

Over there.

Wait, don't go on your own!

"Music: Destruction Begets Decay"

Fireater

HP: 864

STR: 113

Skills:
Charge: Doesn't use a body part. Charges to use Fireball next turn. Increases ATK by 100% and has an 80% speed modifier.
Fireball: Uses the Head. A Fire attack that deals 85% damage to the entire party. Has a 95% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.
Corrode: Uses the Legs. Reduces the party's DEF by 50%. Has an 80% speed modifier.

Exp: 700

Description: The fire-eating bird you had to fight off to retrieve the lost lucky coin.

Damage Resistances:
: 10% : 150% : 50%

Status Resistances:

A Firebird with higher stats and no drops, that's it.

Weakling.

After defeating the monster, you take a second look at the shiny object near your feet. It seems to be a coin. You reach down and snatch it up.

Welcome back, kids. This coin is pretty important to them, so I know they'll be relieved to hear you found it. I'll make sure they get it back.

Thank you Miss. Valerie.

You're welcome sweetie.

Phew! That should be everything for this update, next up we-

:tif:

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 17, 2023

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I don't envy you having to do that quest, yep. Hopefully the guild'll be done with the 2nd Stratum soon enough.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Well the awful "Spend 5 days inside the Labyrinth" quest is avaliable. Is there any interaction you'd like to see? I have a few ideas based on the traits and backstory y'all gave me but I'd love to hear your ideas too! If you have any suggestion or just want to see 2 characters bonding let me know. I'll be working on the Cernunnos Overview in the meantime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

TomatoPawah posted:

Well the awful "Spend 5 days inside the Labyrinth" quest is avaliable. Is there any interaction you'd like to see? I have a few ideas based on the traits and backstory y'all gave me but I'd love to hear your ideas too! If you have any suggestion or just want to see 2 characters bonding let me know. I'll be working on the Cernunnos Overview in the meantime.

Maybe have Heilen reveal why he had to leave his town if asked; it isn't exactly a secret for him. Maybe have him look over the guild's finances and accounts in the meantime, there's little else to do down there besides talk, walk around, and kill monsters; it might serve as the lead in for asking why he's slightly obsessed with money (with him revealing his unfortunate meeting with the Baron and his resulting exilement), which could also lead to the others asking about each other's stories.