Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Hyahahaha! Failure as a human! Failure as a human!
Landsknecht Overview

A very basic damage dealer who is drat good at their job.

Pros: Can use both single target/crowd control skills efficiently, second highest STR/HP and highest VIT alongside the Protector, three out of the five portraits have a huge forehead.

Cons: Low TP, several trap skills.

The Landsknecht stats lean towards STR, VIT and LUC for some reason, they have low TEC and average AGI.

Axes/Sword Mastery

Increase Axe/Sword damage. Needed to learn Axe/Sword skills.

On later entries the weapon masteries oscillates between an 11 to 15% damage boost at max level, EO1 grants you twice as much. The extra damage is really nice and it's something worth maxing. EO1 Landsknechts can focus on both Axes and Swords, so which one to pick? The Axe kit is focused on single target damage and a couple of disables while the Sword kit revolves around crowd control.

Crush

Axe Skill
Requirements: Axes Lv. 1
Body part used:

Deals Bash damage to a single enemy.

A very basic (and kinda slow) but powerful Axe skill, definitely the one you should pick and max if you plan to focus on Axes or want to use the hybrid build. It also requires a single point into Axes to unlock, so you can get a fairly powerful skill as soon as you create your character if you're willing to deal with their low TP.

Stunner

Axe Skill
Requirements: Axes Lv: 3
Body part used:

Deals Bash damage to a single enemy and attemps to Stun it.

Weaker than Crush but a lot faster. Obviously the main selling point is being able to Stun the enemy, so is it worth it? Well... Remember the Stun resistance is based on the enemy, unless you want to Stun normal enemies and use a weaker Crush against bosses and FOEs I'd suggest you to stick with Crush.

quote:

Normal Enemy 100%
FOE 50%
Red FOE 25%
Main bosses 15%
Optional Bosses and Final Boss 10%

Silencer

Axe Skill
Requirements: Axes Lv: 7
Body part used:

Deals Bash damage to a single enemy and attempts to bind its head.

Even worse damage, slightly faster than Crush and a very low chance to bind the head. Now, binds got buffed on the HD remaster granting you an extra 25% chance to land a bind per failed attempt so there's that if you really want to try it, not something I'd recommend though.

Cleaver

Sword Skill
Requirements: Sword Mastery Lv: 1
Body part used:

Deals Cut damage to a single enemy.

A very basic Sword skill with decent damage. Unfortunately this gets completely outclassed by the next 2 Sword skills so there's barely any reason to put points into it.

Tornado

Sword Skill
Requirements: Sword Mastery Lv: 5
Uses the Arms

Deals STR-based cut damage to a single enemy, while also damaging adjacent units.

The exact same damage as Cleaver with with a splash effect, sounds good right? Eh, kinda. The next Sword skill is definitely the one you want against multiple enemies, turning the Landsknecht into a crowd control beast. Now, Allslash requires a few points into Axes and another passive skill, if you need a Sword skill ASAP you can pick Tornado I guess. Keep in mind, picking Tornado pretty much locks you out of using an hybrid build and will get outclassed by Allslash eventually, if you don't care about that go for it.

2-Hit

Passive Skill
Requirements: Axes Lv: 5, Sword Mastery Lv: 5

Gives normal attacks a chance to hit twice.

You'll need to put 3 points into this skill if you want to unlock Allslash. Assuming you don't care about Allslash and just want to max it, is it worth it? If you're using Axes it can be useful since those have a higher ATK than Swords, 2 hits while using an Axe imbued with Elemental Oils can deal a lot of damage but the Landsknechts have low TEC and the chance is very low even at max level, it's up to you.

Allslash

Sword Skill
Requirements: Axes Lv: 5, Sword Mastery Lv: 5, 2-Hit Lv: 3
Uses the Legs

Deals Cut damage to random targets 2-4 times. Higher levels increase the max amount of attacks and the chance to land more hits. Can't hit the same target more than once

Now THIS is a great skill. People tend to rush Allslash but I prefer to use Crush first since big groups enemies on the first 2 Strata are not that common. Starting from Stratum 3 and 4 you'll need some multi target coverage, trust me. Allslash is terrible against bosses who don't rely on summoned units (which is most of them) or FOEs, that's when you swap to Axes to use Crush assuming you go for the hybrid build. In any case Allslash is a fantastic skill you should get regardless of your build. Good luck ever landing that fifth hit lmao.

Blazer/Freezer/Shocker

Sword Skill
Requirements: Sword Mastery Lv: 3, TP Up Lv: 3
Uses the legs

At the start of the turn the Landsknecht targets all enemies and prepares to follow up Fire/Ice/Volt magic with a Fire/Ice/Volt Cut.

These "chaser" skills are very underrated in my opinion. If your Alchemist can hit all the enemies you'll follow up every single attack, turning it into a nice AoE attack. Despite having elemental properties, the skill is purely based on STR. Keep in mind the follow up can only activate once per turn so don't try to set up a chaser party, that's for the next game.

War Cry

Requirements: ATK Up Lv: 3
Body part used:

Increases ATK at the expense of taking extra damage for 5 turns. Higher levels increase the ATK boost and reduce the extra damage taken.

War Cry being an ATK buff instead a STR boost is really nice, and leveling up the skill reduces the extra damage penalty. There are a few problems tho... This isn't a DEF debuff, but a 20% more damage taken, meaning your Landsknecht resistances will be at 120% while the buff lasts, another issue is the existence of Bravery from the Troubadour kit. I know Bravery boosts your STR and not your ATK, but you can have the buff on every single party member without taking extra damage. Problem N°2, you can have up to 3 buffs active at the same time. Bravery, Immunize, Defender and Relaxing are amazing buffs but they target the entire party and will remove the Landsknecht buff. If you don't plan on using those skills for some reason I guess you could put some points into it. The next skill, while risky, is stronger so you might want to save those skill points.

Hell Cry

Requirements: ATK Up Lv: 10
Body part used:

Increases ATK at the expense of taking extra damage and reducing your max HP for 5 turns. Higher levels increase the ATK boost, reduce the extra damage taken and HP reduction.

If you really want to use one of the ATK related buffs this is the one you should put points into. The HP reduction really hurts because it's a % and the Landsknecht has very high HP, also maxing both ATK Up and Hell Cry will take 20 Skill Points, if you think that's worth it then go for it.

Arm Heal

Requirements: DEF Up Lv: 1
Body part used:

Cures your own Arm Bind.

Why is this garbage a Lv. 10 skill? I'm trying to be as neutral as possible but come on, why would you ever need this? If you want your Landsknecht to heal their own arm bind you could put points into this or... buy a Theriaca A, they're very cheap and you can unlock them in the 1st Stratum.

Flee

Requirements: DEF Up Lv: 5
Body part used:

Gives the party a chance to flee from battle, sacrificing some of their HP in exchange. Has priority and won't work if there's no previous floor to escape to.

If you put points into Flee and Arm Heal I'll personally send Rina to bind your arms so you can't pick garbage skills anymore.

Please unlock both skills, I'll make it fast and possibly painless.

Common Passives

HP Up

Increases maximum HP.

Landsknechts are already tanky and some extra HP isn't a terrible idea. You can put some points into this as you see fit once you're satisfied with your skills.

TP Up

Increases maximum TP.

Landsknechts have very low TP so maxing this skill can help a lot, once again only when you're satisfied with the skills you unlocked.

ATK Up

Increases physical damage.

Funnily enough ATK Up doesn't affect your ATK, but your STR. Worth putting some point into it, eventually.

DEF Up

Increases physical defense.

This doesn't affect your DEF stat, but your damage multipliers, meaning that a max Lv. DEF Up will make your Landsknecht take 85% physical damage instead of 100%

Landsknechts have Mine as their gathering skill but leave that for the Farmbot Team.

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
Big fan of the theory that Arm Heal is a deliberately terrible skill to troll new players who invest in it with the hope it does something cool when you max it out.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Update 12

Eww

Decided to take the request, have you? Good, I've been hoping someone would. Every now and then, the Explorers Guild assigns a trial like this to see who bites.

OH REALLY?

It'll be rough, but it's also a good chance to test your skills. The challenge will begin at daybreak. Best of luck, kids.

Come on, it's not that bad. We should go together, all of us! Get to know each other, you know?

The healing spring could be a good place to stay in the meantime.

Right?

Do we really need to do this?

If you're not confident on your skills...

Hmp... I'll get ready for the camping trip then.

Wait! There's something I wanted to ask, you too Cantata.

Okay!

What about this one?

Decided to take the request, have you? Good, I've been hoping someone would. That poor kid... He'll never be strong, so he wants to meet a powerful adventurer. He's hoping to meet a protector above level 30. Do this for him, okay?

Camping trip...?

Y-Yeah, what about it?

Oh dear, here we go.

Heh~ I'll go and get everything ready. I'm not letting my companions eat awful food.

Mind if we explore the rest of B10F in the meantime?

Not at all, I'll need Cantata and Melissa for a second.

Duncan! Come here, we're buying potatoes in town.

You got it Heily.

Sal, I need something from you too. Since you're closer to our friend at the bar, tell him we need fresh fruit and vegetables. I'll pay from my own pocket if necessary.

Sure thing.

Oh! Oh! I have an idea too, let me help!

Sure thing, the more hands the better.

*sigh*

Hey, are we going or not?

"Music: The Green Green Woodlands"

I think we're ready to get the conditional drop, the Stalker doesn't resist Bash. Melissa can burn it and Cantata's Bravery will definitely help.

I hope there's a reason to do this.

It does! I think. Err... Cantata, give me a boost!

On it! :banjo:

And there's the drop. As long as you don't rely too much on Cut/Stab damage and have access to Flame you should be fine.

"Music: The Lounge Where We Speak of Tomorrow"

This doesn't unlock anything but you'll need it for the Item Compendium. Now, back to the Labyrinth.

"Music: The Vast Primeval Hidden Grove"

OMG AN EVENT, FINALLY!

Hmm?

Enemies nearby?

Upon closer examination, it's a mere painted pebble, and not a valuable jewel. Certain sling-using survivalists retrieve their ammunition for expediency's sake... This must have been colored so as to make it easier to find, once loosed at an enemy.

Que decepción.

I don't know what's with the deal with this event.

80% Drop.

drat it, we can't cut one of the tusks, he keeps charging and breaking them on it's own.

Hey, I want to try something.

Be my guest.

Hnnnnng...

Misaka, cut it!

Sei!

A red line appears around the neck of the Armoth. Suddenly its head separates from the body!

Huh?

Well that works too.

Oh.. Eto... c-close your eyes Cantata-chan!

I almost feel bad.

And there's the drop, finally.

Can we go somewhere else?

B10F C5 Chop Point

Light Wood 50% chance. Sells for 32 en.
1 required for Heat Aspis DEF+10, Fire Resistance +10%
5 required for Hard Sling ATK+30
5 required for Down Staff ATK+22, TEC+2
5 required for Lute (Troubadour Only Accessory) TP+15
10 required for Rapier Sword, ATK+45

Scent Wood 25% Drop Rate. Sells for 35 En.
3 required for Oak Jacket (Clothes) DEF+8, TP+8

Starseed 25% chance. Sells for 40 en.
1 required for Theriaca B (Removes ailments from the entire party)
3 required for Star Charm DEF+1, TP+10
5 required for Prayer to the stars

:magemage:

So now they're aggressive.

No time for that, get inside the room.

B10F A5 Chop Point

Scent Wood 50% Drop Rate. Sells for 35 En.
3 required for Oak Jacket (Clothes) DEF+8, TP+8

Starseed 25% chance. Sells for 40 en.
1 required for Theriaca B (Removes ailments from the entire party)
3 required for Star Charm DEF+1, TP+10
5 required for Prayer to the stars

Cross Seed 20% chance. Sells for 150en.
1 required for Blaze Oil (Imbues a party member's weapon with Fire) Must be restocked
1 required for Freeze Oil (Imbues a party member's weapon with Ice) Must be restocked
1 required for Shock Oil (Imbues a party member's weapon with Volt) Must be restocked

I can't think of a single reason to come all the way here. Also, those scorpions are going to wait on that door forever.

This is probably the only time I'll use a Pole Stone. Why, you ask? Well, if you return to town, even if you don't sleep, your BOOST meter will be drained.

You can avoid that using a Pole Stone.

Crunchy.

Oh hey another Toxic Barb. If you're wondering why the hell am I Lv. 30 don't worry I'll rest these 5 before the fight against Cernunnos.

*sigh* We have to fight the scorpion behind us right...?

Yup.

I just want to go back to Etria and help Heilen with the food...

And behind the last door we have another Armoth.

No treasure behind it or anything.

Selling Great Tusk x1 unlocks Tusk Charm DEF+1, VIT+3 Price: 1200 En

I guess you can use it if you're having troubles with the next boss. Okay... time to spend 5 days inside the Labyrinth.

Guten Morgen! I hope you're all fully rested.

*yawn* Was he always like this...?

Since I know him, yes.

We'll need to make a few stops on B6F and B7F. Yolanda, is your axe sharpened?

Uh, yes?

Can't we just warp back to town and hide 5 days somewhere?

The Radha must have eyes on this floor too, it's supposed to be a trial after all.

:siren: Just a heads up, if you really want to complete this garbage rear end quest you can just set the autowalk here. There are no random encounters inside the Healing Spring room :siren:

Someone give me a hand with the tents.

On it.

If you get hungry eat some snacks, I made them myself~

Wow... it's beautiful.

I wonder what the Radha will do with the egg.

Hopefully not trying to make it hatch, Etria doesn't need another Wyvern.

It's about to turn around, let's hide behind it.

This is pretty good... To think Heilen cooked something this tasty as a snack.

I'm not complaining if we get to eat more of these honeyed potatoes.

Stop talking about food, I want to know how the battle ended.

Sure thing Rina-chan! *Ejem* At the end both riders landed a kick on the enemy, and made it explode!

*munch* *munch* Were they riding horses?

Silly Yolanda, that's just their name. Riders use a belt to transform and fight against the forces of evil.

Belts? Like the ones Shilleka sells?

Something like that yes, but a lot more colorful.

Where did you even heard all that?

Back in Tenshi no Machi we had a-

Hey! We're back.

Be careful when going outside, one of those scorpions was chasing us.

That's my cue, I'll tell you the rest of the story later okay?

A few hours later.

Those honeyed potatoes were delicious, too bad we don't have anything to drink other than spring water.

Hehe, tell them Misaka.

Chan chan! How about some Misaka tea? We both wear the same flowers as decoration, see?

Eww.

We boiled some tiny petals and added some honey from those bees. It could even have some healing properties, who knows?

Let me try!

Here you go Cantata-chan. How about you Melissa, something sweet to calm the nerves?

I'm not nervous just... thinking.

Is that a yes?

*sigh* Sure.

This is the story of a landsknecht who got separated from his group. After wandering around for several hours he spotted someone sitting on the floor. "Are you lost too?" He asked. "I got separated from my guild, can you help me?". As he approached the person, now realizing it was a survivalist. The landsknecht approached the figure and touched their shoulder carefully. The survivalist body fell backwards, he was too slow to realize the wet sensation on his hand as soon as he touched their shoulder. A faceless corpse greeted the Landsknecht. He ran away as fast as he could, trying to convince himself that a monster did that. After entering a room he curled up, his body shaking and weak. Suddenly, a knock on the door... He jumped surprised. "I need to block the door" he thought. His body didn't moved, frozen in place he closed his eyes... almost wanting to wake up from this nightmare. After hearing the door being being opened slowly he heard a familiar voice. "I finally found you! Don't go on your own ever again!" The landsknecht opened his eyes, seeing a protector who was a member of his guild. "We need to get out of here, now! there's something lurking on the forest, I saw a corpse and..." The protector looked at him, clearly confused until she started to hear something running towards the door. "Grab my hand, I'll use the thread!" The Landsknecht nodded and grabbed her hand, waiting for her to use the Ariadne Thread. He realized, a little too late, how cold and stiff her hand was... The Protector turned around and then he saw it...

. . .

A faceless creature looked directly at his eyes, while the face of her friend slowly fell to the ground.

. . .

The door finally opened, a young hexer entered the room. In front of her was the lost landsknecht she and the protector were looking for. "Give me your hand to use the thread, she's injured! Said the Landsknecht, the girl nodded and got closer to him...

W-What happened to her...?

. . .

Rina-chan?

I TOOK HER FACE TOO!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!

*sigh*

*yawn* Morning... is that scorpion still waiting for us?

He hasn't moved since yesterday, it's starting to piss me off.

I have an idea.

There, problem solv-- What are you two doing...?

You'll see.

Are you sure that's a good idea?

I want to prepare something for the rest, it's worth trying don't you think?

It's okay I'll stay here with Rina while I finish this.

I'll make sure she doesn't do anything dumb.

You think that's enough?

Hiya! Phew... yeah those are enough. Let's go back to the camp.

So...how does it feel to be the leader of the Guild? If it's okay for me to ask.

I don't know, how does it feel? I came here to join a Guild, not make one from scratch... Besides, I'm sure Sal and Heilen are far better than me.

Is that so? Heilen told me about what happened on the Wyvern nest, how Misaka went on her own and almost got killed. You were the one who chased after her right?

Well...

And how you comforted Melissa after I got poisoned.

How did you..?

Would you believe me if I told you she was the one who mentioned it? I don't think a "leader" is someone who just barks orders, but a person who can keep the team united. At least that's my opinion.

Thank you Duncan...

Urk...! And thank you for the hug...!

It all started on a desolated-

No more scary stories.

Can you tell us more about this Nihon you mentioned?

With pleasure! I come from a place called Tenshi no Machi, however our ancestors are said to be born thousands of years ago on the lost civilization of Nihon. It was supposed to be at the west but I arrived here instead.

What kind of place is it? I've never heard anything like it before.

I don't know about that, I just followed what the mystic script said. Hopefully staying with the Mikado Clan I can learn more about it. I was a scholar back in Tenshi you see, I spent all my free time reading through ancient texts. Some of them were a mixture between words and pictures! I wish I could show you but the captain of the ship I took wanted to charge me extra money for the equipment.

What about you Stace?

Hmm? Well, I've always been fascinated by the role of a Protector since I was younger. A holy knight, defender of the weak... Err, not that I'm calling you guys weak or anything. My dad used to be a Protector who focused on healing his allies instead of guarding them.

Can you heal people? Why do we need Heilen th- Ouch! I was just teasing you man.

I can't really do the same as him... Magic isn't really my thing, I just know how to take hits. Once I was old enough I started my training, it was... peculiar to say the least.

Why's that?

Once we were told to endure the blows of an axe, not really sharpened just blunt hits. I managed to endure them properly until I felt pain in my back, one of the recruits swinged the axe so hard it ended up flying around and falling on top of me. A few weeks later we were working on our endurance, trying to climb a mountain with our gear equipped. Then a rockfall started, everyone ran away and I was too busy trying to help my companions so I ended up taking most of the damage. The final day we went to celebrate to a pub, I was enjoying myself until one of the instructors got drunk and started to fight with the barkeeper. The barkeeper wasn't a pushover so he punched back, before I could blink I was fully surrounded by people punching each other or trying to end the fight. Luckily after joining the Mikado Guild I can add "Survived the attack of a Wyvern" to the list.

What happened to your dad?

He retired, still healthy as far as I know. I could tell you so many stories about his feats but I'll leave that for some other time.

Today's menu is a bit peculiar but bear with me okay? I made sure to remove all the poison.

It was very difficult to separate the meat from the shell, I hope you like it!

. . .

Is that the scorpion who was chasing us yesterday?

Hm-mm.

Duncan and I made this, just don't drink it too fast or you'll get sleepy.

Don't make the same mistake I did.

. . .

Save some space for dessert!

That looks nice, what is it?

Dangos, made with rice and sleepgels.

I told you they had a citrus taste!

Huh, me?

We're all talking about ourselves man, give it a go.

*sigh* I'm Heilen, I've been a medic for several years. I come from a small town to the north-east, nearby the mountains and the Grand Duchy of High Lagaard. I enjoy-

Have you been to High Lagaard?!

Rude.

It's okay. Not really, I never really cared all that much about that place. I believe they also have their own Labyrinth but the city is built around a huge tree instead of being an underground Labyrinth. I've also met a few warriors known as highlanders, they remind of Yolanda a bit.

Why come all the way here then?

Well... *sigh* I guess I can tell you guys. You see, the Highlanders are known for using their own injuries to power up their moves. So I figured that staying on that town could make a lot of profit, you know? And it did, for a long time.

But?

But... they're not unfamiliar to participating in some "questionable" practices such as using the life force of enemies to restore their own. Don't get me wrong, as a Medic, I wouldn't believe any of this. In any case, rumors spread fast. Imagine trusting your Medic, only to find out he works with mercenaries who perform rites like that. I had to leave, wandering from town to town offering my medical services. I arrived to a Barony after wandering around for several months, it turns out royalty doesn't know what real medicine is.

And how did you ended up on a small town like Etria?

Well, despite being the "royal medic" they wanted to make me pay taxes. Can you believe that?

What are taxes?

The devil, that's what they are. So I left again, left as in "they kicked me out", and arrived to Etria. I met Dr. Hoffman, then Duncan and you know the rest. To be honest I didn't wanted to be part of a group again, I wanted to settle down and build my own shop.

Buuuuut?

Well, here I am eating scorpions, drinking petaloid juice and telling you about my life.

Have you heard of Gunther of Lagaard?

Gunther... Gunther.... Nah, doesn't ring a bell. Want to tell us more about it?

No, it's okay. I just wanted to ask.

Me? I told you the reason why I came here when we met.

Yeah yeah, but there has to be more than that.

Hmm... Well, I used to be a monster hunter back in my hometown to the east. After arriving to Etria I almost got killed by a treerat, I met Yolanda and Melissa and... I think that's it.

What about the "evil" you mentioned?

It lurks at the bottom of the Labyrinth, or so I've been told. I'd rather to take my chances here instead of doing nothing and letting innocent people die.

Allright my turn, ask away!

Who teached you how to fight?

My mom, she teached me how to use both swords and whips. She uh... well, let's just say we have a lot in common. Maybe it doesn't look like it but I'm also an avid reader, I still remember the day and I went to the library where I found a book that would change my life forever.

"Sketches and Stories of the Yggdrasil Adventurers" right?

Aww you remembered~ But in all seriousness I'm glad I arrived to Etria and met so many wonderful people. Yes, even you Melissa.

Very funny.

And how did you meet Heilen?

I arrived to Etria, eager to join a guild but everyone seemed so... fake. Wanting to be famous and rich is fine and all but why make that your only priority? After that I met Heilen and I helped him from time to time. I'm surprised the Radha even let me stay here for so long without exploring the Labyrinth even once, probably they didn't cared as long as I was spending money.

What about you Rina-chan?

*sigh* Might as well do it too. Since I have memory I've been trained to be a powerful hexer. Let's just say the results were a failure, I still remember the first time where I used this bell...

Rina...?

...my body started to twist like a doll, the rest of the Hexers walked away in disgust. I used all the hatred in my body to stay alive. Somehow I managed to control some forest critters to feed me while I recovered, I guess I wasn't completely useless. After a few days my body recovered and I took the time to explore this new and unknown world.

Rina, it's okay if you don't...

I met a Ronin, her name was Aiko. We traveled together for a while and eventually we followed our own path. I went to the East, she went to the North... I guess Ronins and Hexers are destined to be together, at least for a while. After arriving to Etria I joined a guild, they got scared after I released my true power to save them from the wolves and chained me nearby that mining point. I tried to get mad at them but I couldn't, I think I ran out of hatred after being left for dead. I was ready to live there forever with Mr. Dillo.

. . .

Stop looking at me like that, I don't want you to feel pity for me. Hng...! Why the hug all of a sudden?

*sob* You are strong Rina... I'm glad you joined us~

I'm glad I joined too.

Breakfast is ready!

. . .

Cantata? Heilen told me to bring you something to eat, at least it's not some gross bug again.

Thank you...

Is something on your mind?

Do you think it's okay if I... Well... if I could read the letter tonight?

I'm pretty sure they'd love that.

But I want you to tell them about yourself too! Please...?

Me? Well... *sigh* Okay, I can do try.

Yay!

Later that night.

Well well~

Come on Duncan, let her speak.

What do I do now?

Let's see... who teached you to use those gauntlets?

My teacher, but mostly myself.

That's it?

*sigh* I remembear wearing these since I was a kid, my dad used to tell me "You need to learn how to handle those gauntlets young lady" so I went to an academy at a very young age. I... I left after a few months. What's the point in learning something you can already handle on your own?

Uh huh...

The only person I've truly admired in my life was Gunther of Lagaard, one of the most powerful alchemists to ever exist, v-very handsome too~ Some people say he's able to cast a spell that is able to pierce any affinity called Megido. I wanted to head towards High Lagaard but I decided this small town could be the perfect place to improve my skills.

I'm not trying to be rude but there's nothing wrong accepting help from others. My cousin helped me a lot back in my hometown!

Same with my mom, I'll always be grateful to her for teaching me how to use both weapons instead of focusing on one, like most dark hunters.

Well some people are just born with talent you know?

I could've never improved my skills without Yolanda teaching me how to use a sword before Shilleka started to sell katanas.

Well good for you Misaka. It's not like any of you can help me here, I had to learn how to handle the gauntles on my own and I plan to keep doing that.

Come on now... it's the last day, what's the point in arguing now?

Right, whatever you say. It's your turn Cantata.

Is it okay if I read the letter my parents sent me...?

If you want to share it with us, go ahead.

You can trust us.

I'll personally feed bugs to the person who says no.

"We're so happy to know you're okay my precious daughter, we never stopped thinking about you since you left. We're not angry with you, I promise. I'm sorry we haven't been able to give you the quality of life you deserve. The man who came to our home told us you're working as a Troubador in a small town and were able to send us some money. We didn't believed him at first and your father tried to kill him but as soon as her companion started to sing, we knew they were telling the truth..."

*whispering* Good idea Sal, I don't think they would react so well if you mentioned she joined a guild.

*whispering* I feel bad lying to them but it's for the best.

"...while we truly appreciate your effort, we miss you so much..."

You can do it.

"...your father told me we should let you do this even if it's painful for us. We're really sorry that you have to do t-this for our sake..."

Come on Cantata... you can do it.

"...so w-we're sending you our most valuable posession. This ocarina belonged to your great-grandma. Every time you play it, please think of us. I'm sure we'll be able to hear it's beautiful melody... Please let us know you're okay from time to time, we'll be waiting. With all our love, mom and dad"

Thank you for sharing this with us Cantata-chan...

But, why all of a sudden?

Because I know you've been talking about leaving me behind. I don't want to leave...! I also miss them but I can't go back yet...!

Who told you about that...?

. . .

Please don't get rid of me...!

We're not getting rid of you Cantata. We all want you here with us, right Sal?

I was wrong. I kept treating you like a child when you've proven to be capable enough to defend yourself. I feel proud of you every time I see you using a bow, I'm sorry.

I'm sorry too Cantata, for not being able to protect you when you needed me the most. You're very important for me and everyone else.

Thank you for being my friend, I enjoyed resting on the flower field with you and Mr. Dillo.

A voice that allows me to go beyond my limits!

To give my blade the power of the elements!

You took the time to listen to my stories when we first met, I never thought I would talk about my dad with a stranger.

I might be a medic, but helping us to regain mental strength is something only you are able to do.

Without saying a word, the pink-haired troubadour starts to play the Ocarina. A soothing melody filled the room, after being honest with themselves the Guild decided it was time to finally rest.

Morning Sal.

You, waking up early?

Hehe...well, I had to do it at some point.

I woke her up, we need to clean this place before leaving.

That's cold, man.

Hey...!

Thanks?

I ate a spider...

And it was delicious.

Everyone in town's talking about how Mikado was able to complete that trial.

It was a breeze.

Nice going!

Thanks!

And that's the end of the Explorers Guild trial, luckily Atlus never ever EVER did a quest like this again! Right...?! :suicide:
Anyway, I had a lot of fun writing this update, I'll be uploading the Cernunnos overview in a few hours where you'll be able to vote and all that fun stuff. See you in the next update! :cheersbird:

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Feb 29, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
The only merit to this quest is that it provides a convenient point for some extensive and nice party chatter.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Cernunnos Overview

Cernunnos

Level: 28

HP: 2750

STR: 170
TEC: 68
VIT: 69
AGI: 68
LUC: 34

Skills:
Summon: Summons two Curoller to the field if there are no Curoller currently in battle.
Hornrush: Deals 120% Stab damage to a single target. Has an 85% accuracy modifier and an 80% speed modifier.
Combo: Deals 90% Bash damage to a single target and then to the left and right of the target. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 20% speed modifier.
Whirlhit: Deals 120% damage Bash to the entire party. Has a 95% accuracy modifier and an 80% speed modifier.
Glare: Attempts to inflict Instant Death on a single target. Has a 30% infliction chance, a 100% accuracy modifier and a 50% accuracy modifier.
Counter: Gives Cernunnos a chance to counter physical damage during a single turn, dealing 155% damage to the attacker. Has a 95% accuracy modifier.

Exp: 8000

Item Drops:

: Sharp Horn 100% Drop Rate. Sells for 1200 En.

1 required for Viking ATK+57, STR+5, VIT+2
1 required for Hindi ATK+49, TEC+4

: Royal Mane 10% Drop Rate. Sells for 2200 En.

1 required for Arcana Rod ATK+100, TEC+15 Must be reestocked

Description: Ruler of the Primitive Jungle. Named for an ancient horned god who watched over nature.

Damage Resistances:
: 100% : 100% : 100%
: 50% : 100% : 150%

Status Resistances:
: 15% : 0% : 5%

Bind Resistances:
: 65% : 65% : 65%

I love Cernunnos design. Fenrir was a damage check before Skolls joined the fight. Cernunnos on the other hand will always summon 2 Curollers on the first turn, once you kill them both he can keep summoning them over and over again. At the start of the fight Cernunnos will use basic attacks, Hornrush and rarely Combo. Once you've damaged him enough he'll summon Curollers less often and will add some dangerous moves to his kit. Those moves are Whirlwind, Glare and Counter. Depending on your current level and class, Whirlwind can straight up one shot fragile classes and Glare has a low chance to instantly kill a party member but you know how these games are when it comes to RNG. Cernunnos will start to use Counter when he gets low on health, around 50% HP or lower, so keep that in mind if you have skills that can hit multiple times or you'll eat multiple counters in a row.

Curoller

Level: 26

HP: 142

STR: 75
TEC: 32
VIT: 54
AGI: 32
LUC: 32

Skills:
Shell Guard: Increases DEF of the entire line by 50% and has an 80% speed modifier.
Cure: Heals Cernunos by 120HP. Has a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 0

Item Drops: None

Description: Cernunnos' partners. By themselves, they pose rather less of a threat.

Damage Resistances:
: 100% : 125% : 125%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

These are the Curollers, they'll spam Shell Guard and Cure all the time so you better kill them quickly. Cernunnos will only summon them again if you kill both, remember the example I made with the Slime when talking about Petrification? If you can petrify a Curoller the sprite will stay there forever and Cernunnos won't be able to summon more, but more importantly... he will never use Glare! The catch? Well...he tends to use Counter a lot more (on the tests I made he used it 4 times in a row) but if you have an Alchemist you can easily use those free turns to burst him down. Overall using ailments or head binds work really well against them. Also they give 0 EXP so don't try to be clever.

Now, let's see our options.

Yolanda finally has enough skill points to use both Crush and Allslash, even if not maxed it can definitely help on the turns when Cernunnos summons more Curollers. If the boss has Shell Guard, she'll have to use a Shock Oil to keep her damage consistent.

With Bows and Multihit maxed, Salvador can hit very hard. Apollon is still very strong, the stun chance is there I guess but using it for the damage is more than fine. Unfortunately Counter will hit 3 times if Salvador decides to use Multihit once Cernunnos is low on health. Other than that his HP is decent and can be placed on the frontline if needed.

Stace can help the party survive Whirlhit reducing physical damage with Defender, Front Guard will be useful the entire fight (even if it can't reduce the damage from Counter) and buffed Provoke can help too.

Just like the Moas, Duncan is able to literally counter Cernunnos very hard if he manages to survive his attacks. Drain is always good to have if you need a quick HP restore, he doesn't have Petrify so we'll have to kill the rollers or bind their heads. His small TP pool is also a problem.

Salve can help a lot against Whirlhit. Lvl 5 Immunize is already stronger than Defender, granting the party a 35% resistance against all damage types. His biggest weakness is not having a strong single target heal yet and the speed of Salve can't be trusted if the party needs to be patched asap.

Thanks to Thor Melissa can destroy the Curollers and Cernunnos easily, on the other hand she's the most fragile party member and we need to equip her with 2 Star Charms so she doesn't run out of TP and can use Thor up to 5 times. We can buy Amritas sure, but those only restore 15 TP and Thor costs 20 TP.

You know the deal with Cantata, all of her songs last indefinitely. A mix between Bravery, Peace Ballad and Shock can help the party a lot, other than that she can be the dedicated item user.

With Midareba maxed, Misaka can deal some severe damage to Cernunnos. However... she doesn't have any AoE like Salvador or Yolanda and has low HP and VIT for a front liner. Multiple hits from Midareba mean multiple counters too.

Rina can do a lot on this fight, Sapping to reduce Cernunnos huge STR stat, Frailty to remove the DEF buff from Shell Guard, Cranial and Abdomen to bind the Head/Arms of both Cernunnos and the Curollers to avoid the strong or annoying attacks.

You know the deal, vote up to 3 party members to go against the King of the jungle.

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 29, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Yolanda, Heilen, Stace.

NyoroEevee
May 21, 2020
I vote Cantata, Heilen, and Melissa.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
Let's throw in some dark and arcane forces, I'll vote Duncan, Melissa, and Rina.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Stace, Melissa, Cantata

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
With autowalk defaulting to run and setting up in that room, I actually timed it and it takes 35 minutes of AFKing to complete that quest in this version. :shepface:

You also need to check back every now and then to advance the prompt as it stops walking with each day that passes. Riveting gameplay.

I don't want to imagine how much longer it takes on the DS version.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Something I forgot to mention, you can kinda get softlocked if you're using the autowalk (with faster movement speed) while hiding your map. The message telling you the quest is completed will pop up but since you're running back and forth it's hard to face the door and open it. It feels like you're in a roller coaster.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I'm the maniac that always does that quest the legit way, although i set up the auto-run loop to finish at the healing room. Tends to overlevel whatever characters I bring, mind. I can't imagine doing it on the original version though.

The hybrid landy build is the one i always default to on my playthroughs which has made me wonder how to shake it up. The problem is that if said shake-up is less than efficent the game lets you know quickly and violently.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Yeah who would do such a thing? :) On my first playthrough I thought you could run out of healing water for some reason.

Hybrid Landshark is really fun to use and it's very fitting considering the portraits have multiple weapons, just look at how over the top the EO2 portrait is. Too bad Axes are pretty underwhelming on that game, at least you can trigger the chasers using both weapons unlike EO1. I have no clue if using an Hybrid build is viable on EO2, but Landy has a lot more trap skills on that game.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

:siren: Voting will end in 12 hours. :siren:

Yolanda: 3
Salvador: 4
Stace: 4
Duncan: 3
Heilen: 2
Melissa: 5
Cantata: 2
Misaka: 1
Rina: 3

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Yolanda, Stace, and Heilen.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Voting is closed. This is the team you chose against Cernunnos. We have a triple tie between Duncan, Heilen and Rina so I'll pick one of them.

Yolanda: 4
Salvador: 4
Stace: 5
Duncan: 3
Heilen: 3
Melissa: 5

It'd be foolish to try and face a King without my power.
Skill always trumps raw strength.
Mmm...axe or sword, what do you think Sal?
Bow.
I have a bad feeling about this.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Update 13

I respect your bravery but bringing a Medic more often isn't a terrible idea, you know?

Too bad your best healing technique doesn't work in combat Heily.

We have Stace, we should be fine!

Gambareee!

*sigh* Well, back to the Apothecary to write reports. You're coming with me Duncan.

Aye...

Maybe a song will cheer you up?

Ah~ Very refreshing. Come on, we're still halfway there.

*huff* I know you mentioned your training but how can you walk around so easily with that armor...'

Hurry.

You could get off Stace, you know?

Never.

At least the game gives you two places to fully restore HP/TP.

Thanks for the drink!

Mmm...?

What is it Sal?

There's something odd about this spot... we can deal with it later though.

We're here for your crown.

What she said.

Hey hey! What do you think you're doing. Making the monsters mad is my job.

My bow is ready.

Chaaaaaaarge!

"Music: Dyed in Blood" :siren: "Cernunnos Fight" :siren:

Cernunnos will always summon 2 curollers on the first turn, meaning you can safely use AoE attacks and they will most likely die before they can act.

Can't fight without relying on little rollers? Lame.

How dare you to manipulate the poor rollers, you'll pay for that.

HAH!

I love Crush.

You'll fell that in a minute.

You're no match for me!

H-Hey careful with the lightning!

Thor is pretty much a one shot for Curollers.

. . .

You okay...?

It has to be done.

Behind me!

Uh, okay?

At least fight back!

I hope it hurts.

I'm pretty sure it did.

Stace, kill.

I could get used to this.

It's very fun, right?

Tch... boring.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with Cernunnos.

What kind of King are you?!

What the hell was that move...? Is everyone allright?

You finally decided to fight back, huh.

O-Ouch... Sal, are you okay?

Whirlhit hits like a truck, unfortunately for Cernunnos the fight is pretty much over.

I've never been better.

Good riddance.

Woo hoo! You really showed him, Melissa!

Of course, with me on your side we can't lose.

At least I managed to land a hit. *sigh* All that training for nothing.

. . .

*whispers*

Wry

Huh? The rollers?

For some reason the lightning didn't killed them.

*sigh* (I'm glad it worked)

What did you do?

I made them drink some of our medicine. I also told them about the shortcuts we've been using so they can return to the first stratum safely. It all depends on them now.

Heeey Saaaal! Rinaaa! Over here.

You're kind for a hexer, most of the time.

And you talk a lot for a survivalist, most of the time. Heh...

Come on, a new Stratum awaits.

Welcome to the third stratum, I love the visuals here, the music is also very soothing. A weird nitpick I have with this place is how it's supposed to be wet and muddy but the footsteps sounds like you're walking on solid ground...

"Music: The Thousand Year Old Blue Woodlands"

OHHH! Look at how pretty this place is!

C-Cold...

Brr... I might need a new dress for this p-p-place...

It's hard to walk, maybe it's just the armor.

The air is colder here. Try breathing slowly, never using your mouth.

A few weeks ago I had to deal with this crap irl, I got such a headache that day. Can't wait to play EO3 and talk about how loving cold is to be around a waterfall.

For now let's just go back to town. If you think the fight against Cernunnos was pretty meh don't worry, I'm working on another update as you're reading this.

"Music: The Roadside Trees Outside the Window"

New stratum means new dialogue. Let's see what the NPCs have to say.

The air is colder down there, it hurts to breathe.

I see... You're on your journey to conquer the depths of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth.

Stace and Salvador have way more endurance than me.

Well, whenever you feel tired, feel free to rest at our inn.

Hello Mr. Dillo. I helped your kin today.

:love:

Heeeeeey! You're alive, that's good.

Eyes on the paperwork Duncan.

Here's the horn of Cernunnos, take as much time as you need.

Well well~

Why is Melissa still with you, she usually goes back to her room as soon as she returns.

She was amazing, you should've seen her!

Y-You think...?

Oh, that's why.

Good afternoon Dr. Hoffman. Got any advice for us?

How do you know?

I challenged the Labyrinth myself back in the day, so I know the terrors of its depths.

Do you think you could beat Cernunnos on your own?

I've long since stopped my explorations, but I'm more than glad to help you young turks.

He didn't had a chance to retaliate until it was too late.

Thanks to Melissa and her lightning.

:allears:

I'm glad t'hear it, for m'friends who were killed by t'at nasty piece o' work. But I'm happy t'see t'at my own customers were t'ones who beat it.

Shilleka...

Keep doin' me proud!

That dialogue caught me off guard the first time. Sometimes you tend to forget how many explorers die trying to uncover the secrets of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth. Shilleka has 2 new dialogues, let's talk to her again.

Always happy to help, maybe if they could make a new shield...

T'ey always have fun wit' t'materials and items you folk bring us.

Look at you Stace, did you guys managed to defeat the Wyvern?

Nah, only Cernunnos for now.

You guys defeated Cernunnos?! drat, my guild was about to try it, can I get y'all a drink?

Sure thing, Monty.

Word around here is, you folks beat the King of the Jungle.

Well, Stace just said it out loud.

I think that calls for a toast! You kids seemed a little shaky when I first met you all... But look at you now. You're some of Etria's most talented adventurers. Getting stronger, tackling difficult missions... I'm proud of you, kiddos.

I knew you could do it! Let me write a song for you while you order something and check on the quests, okay?

You're learning from Valerie.

Oh no...

Decided to take that request, have you? Good, I've been hoping someone would. You face death every time you enter the Labyrinth. Anyone who goes in has to realize that. For some, the death at the hands of the Labyrinth's monsters is the only fitting end... Our client this time says his comrades rest on the 11th floor. He doesn't know exactly where. Find their resting places for him... but be careful not to join their ranks.

Tell me more.

Decided to take that request, have you? Are you sure about that...? This one is an ordeal that comes directly from the head of the Explorers Guild. It's very dangerous, but if you can do it, it'll be a real feather in your cap.

I already have one.

The monster the Guildmaster calls a Cutter lives on the 6th floor of the forest. It's a ferocious bear that got its name from its sharp claws that rip explorers to shreds. Honestly... I don't know if I'm comfortable asking anyone to challenge the Labyrinth alone. Good luck, though, and I'll be praying for your safe return.

I'll personally take care of the bugs.

Decided to take that request, have you? Good, I've been hoping someone would. The client wants you to gather the pests on the 10th floor and exterminate them all at once. He said the best way to draw the insects to you is to use an Amber Lump. Apparently, its sweet smell attracts the bugs. Good luck... And don't bring that Amber Lump in here. I don't want any bugs in my pub.

I hope you stored an Amber Lump, either use the Take points on the first stratum or kill some bees on floor 10.

Oh I wonder who will have to deal with this one.

Decided to take that request, have you? Good, I've been hoping someone would. The merchant Ian wants you to bring back samples of everything you can mine on the 10th floor. You've ben careful before, right? If you've been careful about your map, it should be easy. Good luck, kiddos.

Oh God...

Bandit king Edue? Now that's a classic.

...?

Scum who preyed on the weak.

They say he was incredibly strong, and his gang destroyed entire towns. This old man says he was on Edue's gang, and has a treasure map from Edue himself. According to him, the treasure is past the crystal door on the Labyrinth's 5th door. Sounds suspicious to me, but work is work. Good luck down there, kids.

Phew a lot of new quests.

"Music: That Name Was Engraved Into the 100th Volume!"

Kooo....

Oh Misaka is here, he--

Espera un momento, no la interrumpas.

Huh?

Kooo..... SEI!

That was a fast slash, I couldn't quite see it but this eyepatch might be the reason.

Misaka enjoys decapitating stuff a little too much, I like that.

Hmm? Oh you're back! What do you think?

You really showed that practice dummie.

Oh...

I mean... that slash was faster than my own thunder.

Do you mean that...? Aww thanks Melissa.

Hello again Guildmaster Ganryu.

You're pretty brave, accepting a challenge like this. If you're not confident, though, don't throw away your life away. A solo run takes real skill.

That's Ganryu's dialogue about the quest, let's check his new dialogue.

Yeah, you wish.

"Music: Festival of Worship"

We know Qui-- I mean, Subaltern Quinn.

Unless his dialogue changes after sending your report that's it for now.

Hng...! Ah~ What a long day, how about we get some rest? Heilen and Duncan must be busy with the registry and we can't report our findings yet on Radha Hall.

I'm heading to the pub, I've been hearing different versions of our fight against Cernunnos. Some even say Rina turned his rollers against him.

Who said that? I'll give them a scary stare.

I wonder if Cantata is singing tonight, if that's the case... I wouldn't mind going with you.

I'm tired and my shoulders feel a bit sore. Are you coming Sal?

Sal?

Mmm? Oh, sure let's get some rest.

Oh my, room for two?

Huh?

The rest is at the pub.

O-Oh I see, my apologies.

Yolanda, mind if I ask you something?

Go ahead, Sal.

Do you think we defeated Cernunnos a bit too easily? It's probably a weird complain coming from me but...

Well, that's what we can do when we fight together don't you think? I know you love fighting FOEs, perhaps you also crave for the challenge?

Maybe. Yeah... maybe that's why. Good night, Yolanda.

Good night, Salvador.

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 29, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Cernunnos really didn't put up much of a fight. Wiping the floor with a boss because it just decides not to do its mean stuff can be a pleasant surprise.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Apparently if his HP is higher than 25% and has no DEF buffs, he'll keep summoning Rollers over and over again. I wish I knew that info beforehand.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Mini-Update: Fenrir Rematch

Salvador wasn't the type of person to get that much sleep on a daily basis, however this night would be completely different for both him and his companions...

Salvador... heed my words.

Shaman Brujildo, what the...?

Worry not Salvador, your corporeal form is still sleeping.

The monster from your vision hasn't showed up yet.

I'm here to bestow you with a gift, the gift of sight.

:siren: "Emerald Grove, Alt. Version" :siren:

Fenrir? Am I at the Emerald Grove again?

. . .

Shaman Brujildo?

Oh it's my turn now. *ejem* Welcome to your first trial! Aren't thou... wait, that's not how you say it. Are thou readyeth to... *sigh* Are you ready Salvador?

Fochis? What are you doing here. Where is shaman Brujildo?

Grandpa has been following your progress so far, he created these trials to help you out. My job, on the other hand, is to make you have a bad time.

The small shaman snaps her fingers.

Who dares to summon me?

Am I dreaming about this place...? Ugh-- Wait, what are you doing here?

Rina, Miss Melissa, Sal!

Did I finally got sent to another world?

These are the people who fought alongside you, yes?

Do you really think Fenrir is a challenge at this point?

Duh, of course not-- hey! where are you going?

No time for an explanation, we need to fight Fenrir again. I promise to explain what happened after we're done.

Sure.

You can count with me.

Hold on, don't you feel like something is wrong?

Huh?

Do you really think grandpa would make you fight the cat with your current skills and equipment? Oh, watch out he's coming for you. Good luck!

Did Fenrir always hit that hard...?

There, are you happy now?

*sigh* I hate having to do this... Well, not really~

Nani?!

We're trapped, destined to fight an oversized cat until the end.

Now, sit down and listen to the rules:

- Your inventory has 3 Medica, 3 Medica II and 3 Amrita.
- If one of you gets knocked out, too bad!
- Are you feeling different? Good, all your skills have been downgraded to a weaker version.
- Fenrir can only die at the end, this means killing all the wolves first.

What the hell are those rules, how is this a trial?

Now now, grandpa is giving you a free turn. You better use it properly, bye bye!

So, a Fenrir rematch with a lvl disadvantage of 5 levels. This means +20% extra damage taken and 20% less damage dealt. The strategy is mostly the same but there is a LOT more of room for mistakes now, I'll explain it properly in a bit.

Salvador can't use Multihit anymore, only Trueshot which is a very basic skill. Other than that Trickery can help if the fight gets out of control and too many Skolls join.

Misaka's TP is terrible, Zamba is all she can use to deal real damage until Cantata can use Blaze on her.

Cantata needs to cast Bravery and Blaze 3 times before a Skoll can join.

Melissa will use Fire the entire fight, TP management is even more important now. If she runs out of TP I'm done.

Rina needs to be alive at all times, casting Sapping is key to survive the Skolls and remove their buffs. The head bind is also very important, Curses isn't maxed so it's not as reliable. She's also our dedicated item user, if Rina dies at any point I'm screwed.

"Music Dyed in Blood, Untold Version" :siren: "Fenrir Rematch" :siren:

Having to set up stances is always annoying, Zamba doesn't deal too much damage but Misaka is stuck with her old katana again.

Sal will use Trueshot until Cantata can cast Blaze.

Fire isn't as powerful as Flame, at Lv. 10 Fire deals 130% damage, while Flame deals 140% at level 1...

Only one arrow at a time Salvador...

*sigh*

There, don't you die now.

Skolls are starting to move, I need Blaze on Misaka, Sal and Cantata as soon as possible.

You never learn Fenrir.

Fenrir uses the Head for both skills, I won't be showing every single screenshot of Fenrir trying to use Fang/Roar. We have several free turns until the bind wears off.

I'm not sure what's happening, but you will always have my full support!

I had multiple attempts where I lost because Melissa ran out of TP, let's avoid that with a preemptive Amrita.

Bullseye.

Nothing warmer than a soothing melody.

My turn.

At this level and with our current gear/team, the only way to kill a Skoll in a single turn is using 3 basic attacks with Bravery and Blaze and Melissa landing her Fire spell. This is where the fight went to hell for me, I had so many attempts where Skolls dodged more than once, the next turn I had to deal with 2 at the same time. If I miss again, that number will raise up to 3. Like I mentioned before they tend to cast Evil Cry on their first turn and luckily Fang has terrible damage and speed.

Think you can keep with with my speed?

Please, don't miss...

BOOM

We do the same with the second Skoll.

R-Rina-chan...

Uh oh.

Sapping is so loving good.

There.

Way to go Rina.

How is the fight going?

Huh?

drat it...

Whoopsy! I guess I'll come back later.

We're almost there, focus Salvador!

Right, gotta stay focused.

Rina to the rescue.

Once a Skoll uses Evil Cry they're likely to use Fang in the next turn, getting rid of every Skoll that used Evil Cry is our main priority. I can't do anything about their super fast basic attacks.

Off with you!

Speed...

and Strength!

A little late to recover from that, Fenrir.

Out with you Fochis, we completed the trial.

Very good~ I won't go easy on you next time. Oh, grandpa wants to talk to you, until next tiiiiiime~

Wait, what if I don't fight against the next ruler of the stratum?

Start warning the rest of your teammates about these trials or something, I don't care.

Well done Salvador, the ruler of the first stratum is no match for your group.

So, what do we get for completing the trial?

I bestow upon you with the fur of the alpha wolf.

Maybe this will keep me warm on the third stratum...

He's a cat.

*sigh*

Fenrir doesn't have a conditional drop, it only has a low chance. I might use these little updates to get all conditional drops, let me know if you'd like to see more!

Until we meet again, best of luck in your quest.

Oww it looks so fluffy...

Everyone, I'm sorry for dragging you into this. I never thought shaman Brujildo would summon me in my sleep.

As long as I'm with you, there's no way we can lose.

I enjoyed breaking its jaw again.

So... warm.

So, is this fur real or...?

Only one way to find out.

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 29, 2024

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Interesting, sure, why not? Just make sure these challenges don't lead to burning yourself out.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Update 14

...then I slashed at Cernunnos with my sword imbued with volt...! H-Hey Sally, good *hic* morning. I was telling this rookie about the fight, w-want to add something?

W-Who the hell are you calling rook... rookie! Zzz...

Maybe later, have you seen Melissa?

Who cares about that smug blondie... h-hey have you heard? Explorers saw Fenrir last night...! T-They say the alpha wolf is back to get its revenge...

But you told me it was a cat... y-you liar!

Fenrir?

Yeah...! Something about Fenrir climbing up the stairs of the first stratum, one of them even saw its white fur-- Hey! Where are you going, at least buy me a drink in exchange for the info...!

"Music: The Roadside Trees Outside the Window"

Ah, good morning Salvador. *yawn* Do you need anything?

Zzz...

Have you seen Melissa?

She came here earlier; we stayed all night working on the reports and... *yawn* she handed me some... weird fur a few hours ago.

Anything else?

I'm... going to take a nap if you don't mind... she must be at Shilleka's... Zzz...

Tiger Fang x1 and Sharp Horn x1 unlocks Viking ATK+57, STR+5, VIT+2. Price: 2100 En
Gum Vine x4 and Sharp Horn x1 unlocks Hindi ATK+49, TEC+4. Price: 1870 En
White Hide x1 unlocks Briault (Clothes) DEF+5, VIT+1, Ice Resistance +10% Price: 420 En

The Viking and the Hindi are both amazing upgrades you should buy as soon as you can. The Briault is very pathetic to be honest... getting the white hide instead of the huge fang is detrimental since you miss a very good axe for your Landsknecht.

Oh hey Sal, good morning. It suits me really well don't you think?

Did you just...

What, you wanted to use the hide as a rug or something? I took the time to show it to Heilen before selling it.

I thought you gave it to her Sal, I'm sorry.

*sigh* It's fine, as long as it can help all of us.

Where did you get it?

It's a long story, first we...

A few hours later...

But I helped against Cernunnos, does that mean I'll be summoned next?

Most likely, yes.

Can't wait to use my thunder against it. Even if it's a weaker version.

We should explore the labyrinth today, I'll call the-- O-ouch... maybe my shoulders still hurt a bit.

I'll warn everyone else, can you give us a hand, Melissa?

I don't see why not.

The next day...

Sweet! Is this made from the horn of Cernunnos?

A double-edged sword, be careful with that.

I wish I could get a new katana...

*yawn* Good morning everyone...

Stace, before you go. Can we talk about something?

Hng... s-sure, what is it?

Why are we back here?

Salvador saw something nearby this area, he told me to investigate.

As much as I'd like to forget about this stratum, we still have something to do. This floor has multiple tiles where you have a very low chance to find a secret enemy, I'll mark them with yellow paint. If you plan on completing the Monstrous Codex you pretty much have to do this or get extremely lucky.

The best spot to do this is in the room where you can find Ren and Tlachtga, if you haven't killed Cernunnos you can use them to heal your party. I already killed it so I'm bringing Heilen along. Be warned, it can take a looooooong time and you have a very high chance of finding petaloids so bring a lot of medicine or a Medic.

"Music: Initial Strike"

Sprout

Level: 1

HP: 2000

STR: 20
TEC: 20
VIT: 20
AGI: 20
LUC: 20

Skills: None

Item Drops:

: Small Leaf 100% Drop Rate. Sells for 2500 En.

Required for nothing.

Description: One of Yggdrasil's buds. Its size prevents it from posing a real threat to explorers.

Damage Resistances:
: 300% : 300% : 300%
: 300% : 300% : 300%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Somehow, I was lucky enough to find one after a few tries! I don't think the game ever tells you about these things, probably just a hidden enemy so people can talk about in forums. They also never run from combat so take your time killing it.

Hello there, little fella.

Stab!

What the hell?

I've read about these, help me out!

Hya!

Uh, your leaves are dry! Or something.

Hey this new sword is pretty good.

Imagine if the small leaf had a chance to drop instead of being 100% :suicide:

So, about that bug extermination quest.

You think back to the quest you accepted at the pub... The one regarding extermination of the pests on the 10th floor. It may be that those very insects wait beyond this door. If you have strength enough to exterminate a swarm of them, open the door and go forth.

Well, here goes nothing...

You break apart the Amber Lump before applying it to the surrounding foliage.

Wait, this smell...

Suddenly countless butterflies appear, as if drawn by the sweet smell filling the air.

Taste my blade, bugs!

Behind me, now!

"Music: Destruction Begets Decay"

Toxinfly

Level: 30

HP: 211

STR: 93
TEC: 35
VIT: 61
AGI: 35
LUC: 35

Skills:
Poison: Attempts to inflict Poison on a single target. Has a 50% infliction chance and deals 25 poison damage. Has an 80% speed modifier.

Exp: 200

Description: The insect devouring the fruit of the forest. It's easily lured with its favourite food.

Damage Resistances:
: 100% : 100% : 150%

Status Resistances:
: 100% : 100% : 0%

Bind Resistances:

A Venomfly with higher stats and level, that’s it. The poison damage is just pathetic, even more with the idea behind this quest, you'll see why in a minute.

YOU...!

A trained mind can avoid the effects of poison.

I'm going to kill you!

Duncan, watch out!

Heilen... why? You know I can take it.

I don't want you to get poisoned and hospitalized again... just, promise me you'll be careful. I... I can feel the effects of the poison...!

Doctor!

That's it? Lame.

Huh, I imagined their toxins would be more powerful.

Alright who's next?!

Remember the Horticulture quest? This one is pretty much the same. Even if they are Lv. 30 these Toxinflies are not a threat in the slightest.

Oh no, what are we going to do.

*sigh*

Weakling.

There seem to be no more of the Toxinflies remaining. You have successfully completed the client's request! All that remains is to report back to the Golden Deer.

Nah, Melissa wasn't with us.

I hate the very thought of bugs... It's a relief to hear you exterminated the pests.

She gets it.

I'm sure it was much easier for you than it would've been for me! If I ever have insect problems at home, I'll know who to call.

What's next... oh right, the mining quest. We only need 3 drops from Mining points at B10F.

For real?!

Ignore the mining point at E2, unless you want your farmbot team to deal with an Assassin for some reason. Go to the one on C2 instead.

Still not as thin as Morgana's ego.

Alright.

Hey, one of those. The Fire/Ice/Volt mist reduce the damage of their respective element by 60% during a single turn. Useful if you're not using a Protector (but the Protector skills have priority, the mists do not) with the Anti-element skills. Something to keep in mind is that a few elemental skills have a secondary effect, so reducing the damage won't be enough after a certain point.

And the report is... ready!

Do we really have to sell it...? It's a good luck charm.

I'm sorry Duncan but we need the money.

There there...

This doesn't unlock anything but 2500 En is 2500 En.

Good luck!

Remember, breathe with your nose and not your mouth.

Okay, time to explore the new stratum. I'm not a big fan of this party but I need them for a certain event.

S-S-Sugoi...

Aren't you cold?

N-No...?

Hang on a second, did we...?

Well, this is embarrassing.

"Music: Reparation"

It's an honor to help Etria, Subaltern Quinn.

I wish I could've helped against Cernunnos.

We're all very grateful. That monster's been a constant thorn in the Radha's side. It seems only yesterday that you arrived to Etria, but you've become quite strong.

Still not strong enough...

Thanks to you, we can finally investigate further, and again glimpse the third Stratum. To show our gratitude for your excellent work, we have a small reward for you.

Now that's more like it~

As a result of your hard work, the third Stratum is again open to us. We plan to immediately begin research on the floors we couldn't previously access. Still... We know very little of the area. We'll have to draw up maps first.

Drawing maps is easy.

You can't even use your arms.

Quiet.

We've placed a number of our soldiers on the task, but to tell the truth... We're a bit unsure of their reliability. What say you? Since you were able to defeat the Jungle King, would you be willing to assist them?

Yes sir!

quote:

Beg all you like, but I'm not letting you through here until you're done with that thing.

Oh so now they need help. Pft...!

Jeez, you still remember what that guy said?

Draw a map, simple enough.

It's not like we have a choice, you're lucky I'm in a good mood today.

Allow me to explain the details to you. Even we in the Radha don't know much about the 11th and 12th floors of the Labyrinth. In the past, supposedly there were those who ventured often into that Stratum, but...

Did something happen to them?

There are no surviving records of who they were, or what they found there.

W-What...?

So it's basically uncharted territory.

So we've tasked a number of soldiers with mapping the unknown floors. But it appears the burden of investigating a new area is too heavy for them alone. Please, support them in their attempts to complete the maps of those two floors.

For the soldiers!

Okay, back to the Labyrinth.

Is this really necessary?

:siren: This portrait was made by tea_devil on their "An Actual Top for bushido_04" mod :siren:

We don't want you to freeze down here, even Rina is wearing shoes-- oh come on, again on top of Stace?

Yes.

It's okay, she barely has any weight.

*sigh* You better not be the same soldier we met on the first floor...

You're the adventurers sent by the Radha on the mission down here, no? We've been looking forward to meeting the skilled warriors who felled the King of the Jungle.

So, about that map...

You've heard, then, that we were ordered to map the corridors of B11F and B12F. But with these dreadful beasts, and these twisted passages... We were at wit's end.

Leave the rest to us, brave warrior.

I tell you, it's a sure relief to have help from the fine members of Mikado!

The soldier fishes through his pack, producing a parchment.

It isn't much, but here's the result of my work so far in mapping this floor.

The soldier hands you his hand-drawn map!

T-This map...

Uh...

I trust you'll have no problem filling in the rest.

Barely affording you a glance as he leaves, the soldier walks briskly back home. Taking the soldier's partially completed map in hand, you continue your exploration.

Even I could do more progress.

Enough of that, we're here to help the soldiers.

Stace-chan behind you!

Deathant

HP: 180

STR: 84
TEC: 53

Skills:
Sticky Acid: Decreases the entire party's AGI by 50%. Has a 200% speed modifier.

Exp: 498

Item Drops:

: Steel Bone 28% Drop Rate. Sells for 51 En.

5 required for Shamshir ATK+63
5 required for Flute (Troubadour only Accessory) TP+20

Description: An ant capable of firing a mucus-like liquid at its prey. Exercise due caution.

Damage Resistances:
: 75% : 75% : 75%
: 50% : 150% : 100%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Deathants are... annoying. They can die in a single turn but they love to spam Sticky Acid over and over again, I hope you like the animation and the sound effect. AGI is already a weird stat so the debuff doesn't really matter, if you have a Troubadour you can cast Mercury to cancel the debuff. Their 25% Physical resistance sucks too, I hope you have an alchemist.

Treefrog

HP: 180

STR: 84
TEC: 53

Skills:
Bind Caw: Attempts to inflict Head Bind on the entire party. Has a 70% infliction chance and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 720

Item Drops:

: Gum Throat 38% Drop Rate. Sells for 53 En.

3 required for Fancy Coat (Clothes) DEF+11, VIT+3
5 required for Gum Whip ATK+70
1 required for Gourmand's request

: Rock Coral 8% Drop Rate. Sells for 80 En.

1 required for Sea Charm DEF+1, TP+20
10 required for Medica IV (Recovers the target by 350HP)

Description: A large frog native to the forest. Adventurers with any experience should have no problems.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

If you've played the 3DS remake or Etrian Odyssey IV you know how much of a threat these things are, being able to use Jump and destroy your frontline. Well on EO1 they just bind your head, which is annoying and lowers your accuracy, but other than that they're weak and take 50% extra damage from Bash and Volt. If you're using a Landsknecht with an axe or an Alchemist with Thor you have nothing to worry about since these two enemies are very common. When you leave a Treefrog alone they can call for help and summon... another Treefrog. Why does this matter? Well, have a look at that EXP. Treefrogs are perfect to grind new party members, and with the extra 50% EXP you get with picnic mode it shouldn't take too long.

Try again.

Mudada.

What a waste.

C-Come on now...!

Is that it?

Duncan!

Hah! Aww, worried about me?

Jeez, just finish it off.

Aye aye~

Hmm, where to now?

Left.

Right.

Medical senses.

Madworm

Level: 29

HP: 240

STR: 116
TEC: 24
VIT: 58
AGI: 28
LUC: 31

Skills:
Mist: Lowers the elemental resistance of the entire party by 50% Has a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 705

Item Drops:

: Elastic 33% Drop Rate. Sells for 55 En.

1 required for Gum Helm DEF+3, TP+9
3 required for Stud Vest (Light Armor) DEF+17
3 required for Gum Aspis DEF+7, Volt Resistance +10%
5 required for Self Bow ATK+59
7 required for Gum Glove DEF+3, TEC+2
7 required for Cotardie (Clothes) DEF+16

Description: Long, thin earthworm that lives under the soil. Its mucus-covered skin reflects attacks.

Damage Resistances:
: 150% : 150% : 50%
: 150% : 100% : 100%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

These things are, once again, a lot more dangerous on the 3DS remake. On that game they're able to bind the arms and legs of an entire row, here they have 3 weaknesses and a very slow support skill. Actually, let's talk about Mist for a second... I thought it was some sort of "Anti-Immunize" skill, lowering all resistances but it's just elemental damage. Is there even a single enemy here that uses elemental damage? I'm not trying to be petty; I seriously can't remember.

Eww I'm all gooey now...

Where did that mist even came from?

I... don't think I want to know the answer to that.

Hmm I wonder if...

Hiyaaa!

Never mind...

Eek!

Stay calm, it's not hostile... I think.

Hey, over here!

As he sees you, he cries out with relief.

You must be the skilled adventurers that the Radha promised would come!

Skilled? W-Well... we, uh... hehe.

The soldier speaks breathlessly as he hands you a parchment.

Here, take this! It's the portion of the map I managed to complete. The rest'll have to be up to you guys!

Let's see-- Oh...

The soldier continues in a low conspiratorial voice.

Be careful, though. I've seen something dreadful lurking around the path ahead. You guys beat Cernunnos, so you should be okay... but be careful, just in case!

Dismissed.

Where to next?

Hold on a second, I'm erasing the path the soldier followed.

Good idea.

To complete the mission you need to step in a certain amount of tiles, erasing them and leaving the walls can help.

With the panicked soldier's map in hand, you continue through the forest.

Anybody home?

I don't think we should disturb her...

Ren senpai!

So... You've reached the third Stratum. You've come so far... but what is it you seek?

Ren stares coldly at you, awaiting your answer. You ponder the question.

We can answer only one of these, don't worry I'll show all of them.

Option 1

To solve the mysteries. Since the day I found the book "Sketches and Stories of the Yggdrasil Adventurers" and I was completely charmed. After going through a forest, a jungle and now a rainforest... it really makes me wonder what could be at the bottom, you know...?

Well that was really sweet.

What? I didn't join the Mikado Guild just for you!

The mysteries of Yggdrasil... The reason for the Labyrinth's existence... You are certainly not the only explorers seeking to unravel these enigmas.

A faint smile creases the harsh warrior woman's face before she continues.

Her me, then. Etria was once a small frontier town, in the days before the Labyrinth was discovered... But ever since then, it has become a boomtown with the influx of adventurers. What do you think will happen to Etria once the mysteries of the Labyrinth are solved?

Ren's cold stare remains locked into your eyes, as though she is testing you.

Well, hopefully the Radha will be able to record all the new discoveries and turn Etria into a city full of knowledge!

You'll do what you must, I suppose. If you are to continue down this road...

...Then consider where such a road must eventually lead. If, after doing so, you decide to continue, this secret scroll of the ronin will be of use.

W-Wait! Why are you helping us?

Ren hands you the scroll, turns to leave, and pauses before she disappears into the foliage.

The road you walk, and mine... They will meet again. Until then, take care.

With that, she is gone. You give her words thought as you return to your investigation.

Option 2

To become the strongest... I'm here to find the fabled civilization of Nihon, I'll never succeed if I'm a weakling!

To become the strongest... One of the most basic reasons an adventurer can give.

Basic...? :ohdear:

I must warn you, then. The road you walk is honorable. But should you find it taking you to the forest's secrets...

Ren pauses, producing a weathered scroll from her belongings.

...Then consider where such a road must eventually lead. If you wish to become stronger, this secret scroll of the ronin will speed you to your goal.

SU...GEEEEEEEEEEEE! An ancient scroll from the ronin! :swoon:

She said secret, not ancient.

Let her enjoy this moment.

Ren hands you the scroll, turns to leave, and pauses before she disappears into the foliage.

. . .

. . .

Misaka?

I... I guess we both know what will happen at the end of that path. Please be careful, Ren senpai. :sweatdrop:

:hai:

With that, she is gone. You give her words thought as you return to your investigation.

Option 3

To kill time. I joined my older guild for the exact same reason, then I met this new group. They're rather... nice.

A flippant answer, I see. You may as well say, "Because it is there", hm?

My original plan was to live in the third floor. Has your partner Tlachtga ever talked to a roller? They're good listeners.

A sly smile creases the warrior woman's face before she continues.

Then, let me caution you. Idling the days away, poking around the forest, is an acceptable road to walk. But do not let your idylls take you to the mysteries at the heart of this forest.

Then why is the Radha calling so many adventurers to Etria?

It's in Etria's best interests that the Labyrinth's secrets remain safe. If they do not...

Ren pauses, producing a weathered scroll from her belongings.

...Then consider where such a road must eventually lead. Here... this secret scroll of the ronin should provide you some amusement, I think.

Thanks, I can't pick it up so just leave it on top of my head.

Say hi to Tlachtga for me.

So, which one of these 3 conversations is canon? That's up to you, dear reader :allears:

With the Old Scroll we can register Ronin at the Explorers Guild. They come at level 1 so keep in mind the trick I told you with the Treefrogs. If you're wondering why you can unlock katanas on the first stratum... I have no idea

Let's not go there...

You serve zero purpose.

This fight is so common, it's not even funny. Enemies get a bit more interesting on the next floors.

Heilen...

I know.

You push through the plants and find a chipped axe beneath the earth.

Two more left.

We're here to help.

Upon hearing you call out; the soldier turns around joyously.

Radha Hall's got me out here mapping this floor... But I'm at the end of my rope out here! I can't take another step! I'll give you what I've done so far... Maybe you could finish it...?

Hand it over.

Oh, yeah, before I forget, my buddy told me there's a lot of pitfalls on this floor. Watch your step out there, okay? I mean that.

Oh for f-- Hey, come back here! :argh:

With the terrified soldier's map in hand you continue through the forest.

How did he managed to come all the way here with that map...?

This is our chance!

Stace, should we stop h--

Grr...!

Oh man.

I hope this works.

Stab-- Hrng...! That's some thick skin.

Hey slowpoke, are my words even reaching that small brain of yours?

Hiy-- ah...? My katana bounced back!

Stay behind me!

That's not a normal attack!

At level 5 immunize reduces all damage types by 35% and even then, Blizzard hits hard. Another thing I just realized is that front guard reduces all types of damage, not just physical!

St-t-tand you ground...! S-So... c-c-cold...

T-T-This t-thing is way out of our league...!

This isn't over!

drat it! Retreat!

There is no way we can kill this thing with our current team.

How did you reduced the damage from its ice attack, I thought you weren't good with magic.

I don't know... Monty told me about a secret technique to block elemental damage but...

It didn't reach us, that's for sure.

I'm trying, okay?

Doctor?

Mmm... Oh, it's you Misaka. What do you need, are you injured? I packed some hot drinks if you need one.

What are you looking at?

Oh, you see the turtle? It stopped moving.

Well duh, it's a turtle. They're supposed to be slow.

That's not what I mean. See the red hair around its shell? Turtles are ectothermic reptiles.

What?

*sigh* They can't regulate their own body temperature.

But it used ice to attack us.

That doesn't mean its immune. I read a book about 3 legendary dragons, calling them the only creatures able to nullify their own devastating attacks and... wait a second...!

Ah, you noticed too. If this turtle is able to use ice in a cold environment, and then it needs to regulate its own body temperature...

Sugoi Doctor!

We should ask Melissa for help after we return, don't you think? Well, that's enough chit-chat.

Right, let's keep looking around here a bit more.

There's a door over there, you think Tlachtga is waiting for us inside?

Hello...? Anybody t-- WOAAAAAAAAAaaaaa....

Stace!

So those are the pitfalls the soldier mentioned...

What should we do...? Ugh...! Rina-chan?! Why are you hugging me?

To soften the impact when we arrive.

Hng! Why are you hugging me?!

But Rina said--

No time for that. Misaka, go!

It'll be fun~ Come here Heilen!

Wait a sec-- WOOOaaaa....!

Geronimooooo...!

Wheee...

Phew! It’s good to be back. I just noticed the last update I made (not counting the Fenrir rematch) was a week ago. Apologies for that. :ohdear: I've been fixing typos and taking drawing classes, I have some plans for later :) Also, you may have noticed I finally figured out how to upload gifs! This will definitely be helpful to avoid uploading multiple screenshots. I still have all the footage so I might edit a few updates later on. I hope you enjoyed it; I'll see you in the next update. :cheersbird:

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 29, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Good ol' pitfalls, a classic mean trick from Etrian Odyssey. And they only get ruder as the series goes on. Good to see another update.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Update 15

Hng... Where am I?

...oooaaaaAAAAH!

H-Huh? Misaka! Rina!

Ow...ow...

Greetings.

Oof...!

You didn't have to jump just for me, you know...? But... thanks. :ohdear:

Do not enter that room ever again, noted...!

Guardant

HP: 222

STR: 81
TEC: 51
AGI: 31
LUC: 31

Skills:
Crusher: Deals 120% Bash damage to a single target. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 697

Item Drops:
: Bone Shard 25% Drop Rate. Sells for 53 En.

1 required for Tabar ATK+86
5 required for Hunter Bow ATK+75

Description: A large ant with lethal mandibles, that never strays far from its queen in the forest.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Another ant weak to ice, how odd. For an enemy called Guardant they don't have any DEF buff or guard skills so... I don't know, be careful with Crusher?

Umm... Click, click, click!

Too many ants, not enough sea monsters.

Little help here?

Done.

Hya!

Shortcut here!

And here.

Hexfrog

Level: 31

HP: 222

STR: 89
TEC: 54
VIT: 64
AGI: 33
LUC: 33

Skills:
Curse: Attempts to inflict Curse on the entire party. Has a 50% infliction chance and a 120% speed modifier.

Exp: 825

Item Drops:
: Gum Throat 38% Drop Rate. Sells for 53 En.

3 required for Fancy Coat (Clothes) DEF+11, VIT+3
5 required for Gum Whip ATK+70
1 required for Gourmand's request

: Glass Eye 20% Drop Rate. Sells for 61 En.

1 required for Fancy Coat (Clothes) DEF+11, VIT+3
1 required for Gold Chime (Reduces the encounter rate by 50% for 100 steps)
2 required for Gem Staff ATK+53, TEC+4

Description: A dangerous nuisance of a black frog, whose croak affects the human nervous system.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:
: 100% : 1% : 100%

Bind Resistances:

When you are cursed, 50% (Only talking about Expert mode, the damage is 20% lower on Basic and Picnic is even lower) of the damage you deal will bounce back at you. Even with their average AGI the Hexfrog will act first most of the time due to the 120% speed modifier. Fortunately, the one we’re facing right now is alone, so if the curse lands and the attacker is able to finish it off… the curse damage won't trigger!

This feels wrong...

Do not attack that frog, I mean it.

Hiya! Huh, why?

Not you, him.

Huh? OH! What's going to happen now...?

Lucky you, killing it won't trigger the damage. Most of the time.

Eh sure, why not?

Mina-san, this way.

Were the stairs always here? If I ever find that soldier...! :argh:

I think we should go back before Stace goes insane.

Agreed...

Before leaving, Heilen finally maxed Salve. I'll probably put points into Cure III, then revive.

Gum Throat x5 unlocks Gum Whip ATK+70. Price: 1710 En
Glass Eye x1 and Gum Throat x3 unlocks Fancy Coat (Clothes) DEF+11, VIT+ 3. Price: 1560 En
Elastic x1 unlocks Gum Helm DEF+3, TP+9. Price: 780 En

The Gum Whip is a really good upgrade if you're still using the Toxic Whip from the previous stratum, the Gum Helm is whatever.

The Fancy Coat is a fantastic upgrade, the DEF is nice and VIT+3 is vital for your fragile units. Anyway, new floor means new quests.

What do you mean the old man is lying?

Bandit king Edumb is just an old story, you know?

Come on Cantata, you can do it...

This is ridiculous...

For once, I agree.

I've seen it with my own two eyes! A man-made soldier lurks behind the doors of the Emerald Grove. There's a chance you'll go blind just by looking at it.

Th-Then how do we beat something like that?

Your voice little troubadour, it holds great power against the monster. Some even say a flash is the key...!

Blinding it?

Defeat it in a flash!

Right... thank you Miss. Dandri.

B10F again?

Decided to take the request, have you? Good, I've been hoping someone would. If the Radha sent a notice to all adventurers, something odd must have happened. I don't know the details, but they seem to be having trouble with some abnormal plants. The Radha's soldier on the 10th floor knows more, so ask him about it. Keep your guard up, kids.

Ugh...! :negative:

I know Rina, I know...

Oh my...

Decided to take the request, have you? Good, I've been hoping someone would. Our client today is planning on making a ring of Corundum. Being proposed to with a hand-made ring... *sigh* It's every girl's dream...

:ohdear:

But before he can go through with it, he needs your help in finding the ore. I hear you can mine it somewhere in the third Stratum. Make that girl happy, kids.

I haven't found a mining point yet, so this quest will have to wait for a bit.

Hey Melissa, got a minute?

Sure... what do you need?

In the land at the edge of a continent, there are those who practice an ancient martial art. They're called ronin, and their katana skills can beat even our most experienced warriors. I don't know where you got it, but with that old scroll, you can register ronin now.

That's what the Guildmaster says when you unlock the ronin class, since we're on a NG+ file this event won't trigger.

My fellow Ronin...

Go ahead, try it.

Ganryu-sama... I was wondering if you could help me.

What can I do for you?

Why me again...?

Heilen told me about the pitfalls, I'm bringing a rope this time!

And something about freezing a turtle.

We're doing the quest first.

*sigh*

We're heading to B10F, just enter the third Stratum and climb up the stairs.

We're heeere!

Ah, aren't you with the renowned Mikado? It's such an honor to see you here!

The soldier continues enthusiastically.

I'm sure you've heard, but there's a problem with abnormal plant growth on the 10th floor. The weeds are blocking most of the doors on this level. We looked into the cause of it, and concluded that there's a monster making them grow. It's a very strong monster, though--one beyond our capabilities.

I'll burn it down with ease.

The monster is supposedly somewhere in the northeast. It's in an area past two dangerous Assassin scorpions, facing one another. You'll have to pass them to get to the monster... But I'm sure you'll be able to do it!

Uhm... about those scorpions...

Does he know?

I'm sorry, but that's all we have of this powder. Use it carefully. If you run out, you won't be able to complete the task.

We actually get 10 of those. If I remember correctly, on the DS version they used to take up space on your inventory.

Heeeeeeya! *pant* Look, it work--

Already regenerated... Can you try burning those?

Let's use the powder. Vines in this Labyrinth are way more resilient than usual.

In an instant, the grass covering the door withers away. The door can be opened now.

It worked!

Hang on Yolanda, we have a limited supply. Let's thing about this for a second.

This quest is a puzzle, you can only open 10 doors and need to reach the door where the plant is hiding. I guess that explains why this floor has a million doors...

After shocking the bees.

Dancing with elephants.

And getting past scorpions-- oh yeah, we killed them a few updates ago.

We arrive at the door.

This is the path I took; I hope it helps.

At first glance, there seems to be nothing out of the ordinary. You step further inside...

Melissa, burn this entire room.

What? I can't do th-- A-AHHHH!

Suddenly, a vine twines around your legs!

Melissa, stand still! I'll try to cut it...

Hey, stop that!

Stay focused! The enemy is trying to distract us.

You try to remain calm as you attempt to shake it off, but a chill runs down your spine. The grass beneath your feet writhes as if alive, and is about to attack!

Stiffness...

I'm free...! Oh, now you're going to PAY :black101:

This must be the monster responsible for the overgrown brush! Now is your chance!

"Music: Destruction Begets Decay"

Omnivore

Level: 32

HP: 1419

STR: 153
TEC: 37
VIT: 66
AGI: 56
LUC: 56

Skills:
Binding: Attempts to inflict Arm Bind on a single party member. Has a 70% infliction chance and a 10% speed modifier.
Earache: Attempts to inflict Head Bind on a single party member. Has a 70% infliction chance and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 910

Description: This plant's tentacles blocked the doors in the Labyrinth until it was slain.

Damage Resistances:
: 125% : 100% : 100%

Status Resistances:
: 100% : 50% : 100%

Bind Resistances:

The only memorable part of this fight is being able to listen to "Destruction Begets Decay" for a little longer.

Mmm... pumpkin.

Feel the burn!

Oh no, how scary.

A taste of your own medicine.

Flaming strike!

Good job everyone!

You two should make that into a real technique, you know?

:toot: :toot: :toot:

I can see from your tired faces that this request was no picnic.

Well...

But I think you'll perk up once you see the reward. They say it's an excellent weapon. But no fighting over who gets to use it, okay?

Pff, rewards are trash most of the time. Yolanda's current axe has ATK+77 and STR+3. How good can the new weapon be?

The Bardiche is the best axe we can get until we reach the 4th Stratum. :unsmigghh:

W-WOAH! :dogcited:

*Phew* Now that's a big axe...

Don't start swinging it inside the pub, please.

Let's go back to the Labyrinth...! I need to try it!

I'm a bit tired, mind if Salvador takes m-- and she's gone. Sal, do you mind?

If you can help Cantata to finish her letter, then sure.

:wave:

HI~ So, what do you need?

I'm glad I can help you against these annoying ants. I wonder if the giant turtle will be a real challenge.

HAH!

:stare:

So, about that ice turtle...

"Music: A Sudden Gust of Wind Before Your Eyes"

Shelltor

Level: 37

HP: 2000

STR: 183
TEC: 42
VIT: 84
AGI: 63
LUC: 63

Skills:
Blizzard: Deals 125% Ice damage to the entire party. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 2550

Item Drops:
: 100 Shell 40% Drop Rate. Sells for 1700 En.
1 required for Amber Ring DEF+1, Ailment resistance +20%
5 required for Pain Aspis DEF+60, ALL Resistances -100% Must be restocked
1 required for The foreign seeker

Description: A gigantic hard-shelled turtle that preys on unwary adventurers in the Labyrinth.

Damage Resistances:
: 50% : 50% : 50%
: 100% : 125% : 100%

Status Resistances:
: 25% : 1% : 15%

Bind Resistances:
: 25% : 25% : 25%

The real challenge when fighting a Shelltor is being able to deal damage consistently. Physical damage on its own is pretty much a waste of time, binds are unreliable (but hopefully a bit easier to pull off since we're playing the HD version) and your chances to land an ailment are even lower. Shelltors tend to cast Blizzard on their first turn, then adding basic attacks to the mix. While their TEC isn't particularly high, the level difference is more than enough to make the skill dangerous.

Hmm. How about… Leviathan axe?

Little turtle can't stand the cold? Aww...

I hope Heilen is right about this.

Your jaw feels heavy...

This was with Lv. 10 Sapping btw...

Frost arrows.

:unsmigghh:

Ice works, Keep it up Yolanda!

Tch...

2-Hit is a fun passive. When it works...

I missed! Or... did I? :smug:

Uh-oh...

Stace, your Ice barrier!

How was it again...? Uh...

Protect the front line, Stace!

Is everyone alright?

A turtle casting a stronger Ice spell than me... y-you gotta be kidding me...!

I'll live, eyes on the turtle.

drat it, drat it, drat it...!

Don't worry about us, Stace has everything under control! Rina, I need you to bind its head. Melissa, heal yourself and support Stace!

That was the plan.

Support...? But my alchemy can help--

The turtle!

Back off!

Melissa please... we need you.

Okay...

I almost got it.

I know Rina, I trust you can do it!

*pant* It's okay... I can still protect you all!

Think you can catch me? Go ahead and try.

Here...

Hng...!

Time for a counterattack!

This should help.

Sapping.exe

Let go of my shield...!

Yolanda, now!

Stace, give me a boost with your shield!

Right, up... you... GO!

HAAAAAAAA!

*sigh*

100 Shell... YOU ARE MINE! :peanut:

Melissa finally unlocks Freeze. I won't put more points into it, at least for now.

100 Shell x1 unlocks Amber Ring DEF+1, Ailment resistance +20%

There's a single fight in the entire game where I could see myself using this accessory. Well, back to the Labyrinth.

Better...

Will it be enough against a Shelltor...?

Phew... another good fight.

Looking good Stace, do you think you're ready?

Ready? Oh...!

There was a boy who wanted to meet a protector at level 30 or higher. The protector in your party is now at the level the child wanted to see...

What could I do to cheer that boy, hmm...

How about... telling him about the Wyvern. Kids love huge monsters, and as a brave Paladin you could add more details to the story.

Melissa being nice to people?

Quiet, kid.

I'm n-- whatever.

Easy there, don't fight over something so trivial. The Wyvern story works, thanks Melissa.

Right...

Return to the pub and report in when you have time.

I need another 100 Shell for a quest, so...

Same strategy as before. Yolanda and Sal use Freeze Oils then basic attacks, Stace uses Provoke, Melissa attacks with Freeze and Rina uses Sapping.

Hey that looked more powerful!

. . .

This time I'm ready, fear not!

I just realized I've been calling it Anticold all this time. :bravo: Old habits die hard. Anyway, a Lv.2 Anticold Ice Wall grants a 60% damage reduction just like the Ice Mist.

Good job, Stace!

Hmm-mm.

Hey, I can bind its head easily. Go all out, okay?

I don't know if that's a good idea...

I trust her. Guys, charge!

Dear Atlus, why would you lock Hexers behind the 4th Stratum?

Let's skip a few turns.

FOE down.

I love composite attacks so much.

Why would a turtle need money?

YES! I DID IT! :livintrope:

Hey... the shell is frozen. We can't use it like that.

It's okay... as long as she's happy.

Hmm? Look here.

You pull it from the earth and see that it's an old wand.

Two out of three items.

B11F A6 Mine Point

Rock Coral 50% chance. Sells for 80 En.

Crab Leg 25% chance. Sells for 68 En.
1 required for Wind Whip ATK+79
5 required for Shred Whip ATK+94, STR+6, AGI+3

Corundum 15% chance. Sells for 130 En.
1 required for Blue Ring DEF+1, Ice Resistance +15%
1 required for Love, cast in silver

Finally, a gathering spot. The Corundum we need has a fairly low chance but who cares when you have a farmbot team.

Hmm, quite a small r-- AAAAAAAaaaahhh...

. . .

*sigh*

She had the rope, right?

I think so...

Oww... oww...

This pitfall leaves you right in front of a closed shortcut, thanks game!

Remember to make good use of the storage.

Elastic x 3 unlocks Stud Vest DEF+17. Price: 1680 En

I'll buy it for Stace just because I don't want her to use a Ring Mail, don't judge me.

*sigh* I'll miss being able to gather materials without having to worry about ambushes when I play EO2.

The treasure this time isn't just a candy, but a super candy.

I'll be right back.

I want some time for myself, if that's okay.

Take as much time as you need Melissa. Remember we're here for you, okay?

You're not getting rid of us so easily.

We're companions after all.

Right. I'll uh... see you later, I guess.

You're finally here? Good, I've been waiting for y'all.

Stace should be back in a while.

It's not about her, your blue-haired friend left with the greedy medic.

They stole our money.

What's with her? I swear Hexers get weirder and weirder each day, maybe I'm just getting old. Anyway, here's the letter. I promised to drink with a few soldiers, be seeing you!

quote:

"Yo, sorry for leaving all of a sudden. Cantata finished her letter and she wanted to send it to her parents as soon as possible. Heilen is with me, if you need his latest report you can ask Dr. Hoffman. We'll be back in a couple of days, be careful XOXO"

He sure is cheery.

Greetings.

Did you tell the kid about the Wyvern?

I did. He started roaring and tried to hit me, it was really cute.

Come to think of it, he seemed pretty healthy... Well, at least he was happy, I guess.

Hey, thanks.

*nod*

I wonder what kind of ring he's got in mind... I hope we get a peek before the proposal!

I love Valerie :allears:

I hope so too!

Marriage, huh...

What's the big deal?

Decided to take that request, have you? Good, I've been hoping someone would. That poor kid... He'll never be strong, so he wants to meet a powerful adventurer. He's hoping to meet a ronin above level 20. Do this for him, okay?

Hey, where's Misaka?

*pant *pant*

You think a Cutter is going to give you a chance to catch your breath? Stand up!

Umm... Mr. Ganryu?

You sign up a good crew-- *ejem* If it isn't the Mikado Guild, what can I do for you?

We were looking for Misaka...

You hear that? Your companions need you. Dismissed!

*pant* O-Osu...

:froggonk:

Misaka...? Did you hear what I told you?

Hai hai... Yolanda-chan.

You might want to cover yourself a bit, you'll be talking to a child after all.

A Misaka doodle made by Cayjax. If you're reading this, thank you!

Hai...

Oh, you're here. Hii! :wave:

Keep an eye on the pub and Cantata while I'm gone.

You got it, Miss Valerie.

A few hours later.

He seemed almost... too happy, you know?

Finally, what took you so long?

quote:

Thank you Miss Valerie, would you be so kind to wait outside?

As you say, Kojiro-san.

Tsukino Misaka huh... I've heard your group has been helping my grandson to feel better, and for that I deeply thank you.

:froggonk:

However...

You're sharper than you look!

Gnk...!

The Ohdachi is a family treasure. If you think you're worthy...

. . .?!

Then step forward.

I accept your challenge!

After the duel the kid entered the room, he was... very excited. Kojiro-san laughed and told me the reward would be here. But, maybe the true reward...

He wasn't the only one...

You've done three things for him because he's weak, but he doesn't seem so weak to me... Is this kid sick at all...? It's not a very funny joke.

That can't be true Miss. Valerie.

She's right, the spark on his eyes when I told him about our adventures was genuine.

I think so too!

So, why did I write all that? Well...

Yolanda isn't the only one who gets a stronger weapon. :unsmigghh: Actually, let's talk about the ronin class for a second. I think they're okay as long as you stick to Overhead Stance and Midareba, their biggest issue imo is how inconsistent their weapons are. You get a katana on B3F after killing a Kuyutha or mining at B4F, the next katana is unlocked at B8F and now you get the Ohdachi as a quest reward. We can actually get the third best katana in the game; we just have to get lucky against the next boss. That being said... If I do get the drop I'll have to restart, I promised to get the rare drops on the Mini-updates.

The Ohdachi... heh... :vincefrog:

Miss ronin...!

She must be exhausted...

We should sell the materials while she rests.

Agreed.

I wanted to make this a 2 part update but... I think this works just fine. Apologies if I haven't been showing skills all that much, I'm still unlocking the requirements for the ones I actually want. On the next update I'll be showing the entire Guild because... we have a boss incoming! I hope you enjoyed it, dear reader. :allears:

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 29, 2024

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Update 16

Corundum x1 unlocks Blue Ring DEF+1, Ice Resistance +15% Price: 3000 En
Rock Coral x10 unlocks Medica IV (Recovers the target by 350HP) Price: 1200 En

The Blue Ring is kind of useful if you're struggling to kill a Shelltor. Medica IV is overkill at this point but hey, it's unlocked!

Show the monsters what you're capable of! :banjo:

Sei!

Misaka is now the main character.

Get ready for a tutorial.

Bloodant

HP: 800

STR: 134
TEC: 34
AGI: 51
LUC: 51

Skills:
Sticky Acid: Decreases the entire party's AGI by 50%. Has a 200% speed modifier.
Summon: Summons a Deathant to the battle, used frequently.

Exp: 650

Item Drops:

: Steel Bone 60% Drop Rate. Sells for 51 En.

Description: The evolved Deathant. It has similar abilities, but its strength is vastly enhanced.

Damage Resistances:
: 50% : 125% : 100%

Status Resistances:
: 50% : 5% : 25%

Bind Resistances:

A stronger Deathant that can and WILL summon others to battle. This one is pretty easy, later on you'll HATE these things.

Bring as many ants as you want, it won't be enough!

Crushed!

You know, maybe I'll turn Yolanda into a dedicated Axe user. :unsmigghh:

Kill the main one already, will you?

But... which one is the leader?

Too slow.

I see it!

:c00l:

Amazing, Miss Ronin! Allow me to help.

Composite attacks.exe

The lesson of this tutorial is to kill those loving ants as quickly as you can. Otherwise they will ruin your day.

Yolanda-chan, there's something I'd like to try.

Go for it!

You're under my protection!

Hehe...

Hmp...!

So about that plan...

Almost there.

M-Misaka?

Ice ring!

Reitōhasu!

Coooooool.

Osu!

Ok I'll stop with the Shelltors, I just couldn't avoid giving Misaka her own named attack. :allears:

Please don't be a pitfall, please don't be a pitfall...

Aww...

Phew...

Hmm, which one...?

Uhm...

The last one.

What if we--

The first one, no one would ever expect that.

HEY :letsgo:

YES SIR? Oh, it's you...

Look at the shortcut on the lower floor, maybe the second door will take us to it?

Well, aren't you clever.

The less pitfalls we have to fall through, the better.

Let's check the rest of the rooms just in case.

Imagine not knowing about this shortcut and then choosing the wrong pitfall, hahaha... :suicide:

That shell won't protect you forever!

Another insect to crush.

Well... this is uncomfortable.

Radha Hall will be quite pleased to see your handiwork. If you are done mapping B12F as well, then return to the Radha Hall and show them the results. If not, then move along to the next floor, and complete the second half of your task.

Here goes nothing...

Well done Cantata-chan!

Haha! Thank you, Miss Ronin.

Halt!

What's this feeling...?

Exercise great caution as you venture forth... It's likely that many ants will appear to stymie your passage through this floor.

Stymie, what a word. The game is not lying, many ants will stand in your way. I can't wait to show you the rest of this floor, let's go back to Etria for now.

Elastic x5 and Steel Bone x5 unlocks Shamshir ATK+63. Price: 1900 En
Elastic x5 unlocks Self Bow ATK+59. Price: 2090 En

Pretty average equipment. You can buy them to replace the Viking and Hindi if you really care about a bit of extra ATK.

. . .

Completely broken, whoever wielded this sword didn't die without putting up a good fight.

They were true warriors.

My dad used to be an adventurer, to think this could've happened to him...

It's okay, let it all out.

I'll leave this here, just in case.

Object 1: Coordinates A6, right next to a mine point.
Object 2: Coordinates C3 at the end of a hallway.
Object 3: Coordinates D1, to the south of a mine point.

B11F C1 Mine Point

Rock Coral 50% chance. Sells for 80 En.

Crab Leg 25% chance. Sells for 68 En.
1 required for Wind Whip ATK+79
5 required for Shred Whip ATK+94, STR+6, AGI+3

Corundum 15% chance. Sells for 130 En.
1 required for Blue Ring DEF+1, Ice Resistance +15%
1 required for Love, cast in silver

This is the mining spot where you should send your farmbot team, it has the exact same % as the last one but it takes less time to reach.

Mapping is hard...

You're doing a great job Cantata.

Sweet reward, literally. That's all we can explore on B11F for now, we still need to map B12F to complete the mission the Radha gave us.

Bleh.

You hand over the three comrades' articles.

Welcome back. I'll make sure to give these to our client. Thank you very much...

They were pretty brave, challenging the Yggdrasil Labyrinth takes a lot of courage.

I understand why adventurers are drawn to the Labyrinth's mysteries, but... Looking at the things they leave behind... I feel awful, giving requests like this.

Miss Valerie...

But your work does save the lives of many people... So all I can do is pray you'll return safely every time you go down there.

Thank you so much Miss Valerie! We won't let those prayers go to waste.

. . .

Are you really doing that quest?

Heey! We're back. Where's Cantata?

Yes? I'm here!

Oh, you're going to love this. Ta-dah!

That's...

A handmade sweater, yes. Your mother made it and your father added the heart, it looks... well...

quote:

Is Cantata okay...?

Yes ma'am. She keeps singing at the pub, her voice is truly inspiring.

What's the deal with your friend, why is he wearing a chain on his neck?

Uh...

(drat it Duncan I told you to change...)

I'm actually a performer...!

I see...! Well, since you took the time to come all the way here...

Yes?

My husband and I made this sweater for her. Do you think she'll like it?

That's just... beautiful.

I made the heart, pretty good huh? She told me to leave everything to her but what kind of husband would I be if I don't help my wife?

Honey... :doh:

Well, since we're here. Is it okay if I offer my medical services around the village?

Oh, that would be lovely. Unfortunately money around here is...

Here, this is from Cantata. I hope it helps.

I wasn't going to charge money anyway. Consider it a favour, for all the good deeds Cantata has done.

I see! That's very sweet of you, let me give you a small tour.

Then allow me to repay you in my own way. You, pick up a sword!

M-Me?

You have the eyes of a swordsman... let's see how good you really are.

Yes sir!

Haha... that does sound like him. I hope you learned a thing or two Mr. Duncan.

I still have the bruises...

Well? Let's see the sweater.

:siren: This lovely portrait was made by Nico P. Beans :siren: She even added the Ocarina. :allears: I already took the screenshots for this update, but starting from the next one both Misaka and Cantata will have modified portraits. Hopefully this means I'll be able to make customized portraits on later LPs.

Aww...

I'm sure it'll keep you warm on the third stratum.

Bone Shard x1 unlocks Tabar ATK+86. Price: 1800 En
Bone Shard x5 and Steel Bone x5 unlocks Flute (Troubadour only Accessory) Price: 3800 En
Glass Eye x2 unlocks Gem Staff ATK+53, TEC+4. Price: 1520 En

Buy the Gem Staff for your Alchemist, the TEC boost is nice. The rest is pretty meh.

Enough training, I'm going to the 2nd Stratum.

Mmm? W'at is she talking 'bout?

She accepted the quest to defeat a Cutter on her own.

We'll go with her just in case t-- Hey, where are you going Shilleka?

Don't try to stop me Shilleka-chan. I'll defeat it with the blade Kojiro-san gave me, the Ohdachi!

Tcha... Why all t'adventurers gotta do such stupid t'ings?

The name of the quest says it all, a feat of strength.

I tell you what, you make it back alive, and I'll buy the first round t'toast y'success. If y'don't hurry, we not gonna leave any drinks for you, y'got t'at?

Now I'm motivated!

EO1 NPCs barely have any dialogue, maybe that's why every interaction is memorable.

I'm not so sure about this... But whatever happens, I'll be there to heal your wounds!

Misaka trains very hard every single day, I'm pretty sure she can do it.

I believe in you Miss Ronin, show them what you're capable of.

Minna... You're right, I can do this!

Seems you're very strong-willed. Come back alive, got that?

This one is an easy target.

. . .

Misaka...?

That wouldn't be an honorable thing to do, I'll defeat the cutter without having to rely on trickery.

She truly has an iron will.

Reckless.

Misaka's build and equipment are the same, I gave her a Tusk Charm just in case.

Prepare yourself!

A s-samurai knows no fear...!

Isn't she a ronin?

I don't know anymore.

Ichi! Ni! San!

I wasn't expecting so much damage, mostly because my initial attempts were trying to use Kubiuchi (Instant-death) but I failed miserably.

Wide open!

It's over.

Poor thing.

Huh?

You were a worthy opponent :hai:

This isn't the last time we'll have to do one of these, the name of the quest is Feat of Strength I after all.

You really beat the Cutter all by yourself? Nice one!

Hehe...

Win or lose, though... I'm just glad you made it back in one piece. I know you need to hone your skills, but try not to do anything too rash.

Didn't Shilleka promise to celebrate with a toast?

Who gave Stace an excuse to drink? Oh dear...

We'll be exploring the Labyrinth in the meantime. Enjoy your celebration!

You don't need to see this Cantata, let's go.

Okay...?

Are you coming, Yolanda?

Mmm? Oh, it's okay. Go without me, there's something I need to do.

I'll rest Yolanda and turn her into a dedicated Axe user, I'll show her new skills on the next update.

Feeling any better?

A bit, yeah. What's with the cute sweater?

My parents made it! You should wear something warmer too Miss Melissa.

Well, I guess I could use the Briault...

Ah, B11F is complete. Nicely done.

There's still the door with the purple crystal.

Don't worry, we'll find that key sooner or later.

Ooh~ candy.

Can we reach that door?

Not without opening every treasure chest first.

The Gum Helm gives you DEF+3 and TP+9, I'll pass.

Nothing here, just an empty room.

This FOE will never go outside those 4 tiles. Its movement pattern is: down, down, up, up, left, right.

Tch... no way around it.

Fine by me.

Give me a break...

You...!

How many more do I need to freeze?!

It's okay...! We can do this.

CAN YOU STOP DOING THAT? :bang:

Here you go, Cantata.

We have more ants incoming, let's finish this.

:argh:

Oh, come on! It just spawned in front of me.

*pant* I... hate bugs so much...

Actually, ants do not count as bugs.

Well, I hate them anyway...

First important fight and Melissa is about to run out of TP. This floor loving sucks, even if the Bloodant is not dealing damage to your party it'll keep summoning more and more Deathants. We can stop this madness but...

...we're surrounded. Let's kill it as quickly as possible.

AGAIN? We just killed that one!

How do they know about our location...

This way!

That one isn't moving.

And it's red.

Heily didn't you write a report about those? Heilen...?

Uh? No, I don't think so… This one seems different. Salvador, do your thing.

Neat.

Are you sure I can use this?

We need your ice spells, Melissa.

Servant

HP: 1300

STR: 140
TEC: 35
AGI: 53
LUC: 53

Skills:
Crusher Deals 120% Bash damage to a single target. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 1320

Item Drops:
: Bone Shard 25% Drop Rate. Sells for 53 En.

1 required for Tabar ATK+86

: Ant Honey 40% Drop Rate. Sells for 79 En.

1 required for Amrita II (Recovers 50 TP)
3 required for Bravant II Increases the target's ATK by 25% and reduces DEF by 20% for 5 turns (Cannot be used on allies)

Description: The evolved Guardant. If not defeated quickly, it will continue to call its brethren.

Damage Resistances:
: 50% : 125% : 100%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Say hi to the cause of many game overs, as long as the Servant is alive it will keep making Bloodants spawn over and over again. The Ant Honey unlocks Amrita II, even if the drop rate is pretty low you can just get it on Take Points later on. Combat-wise, it's just a Guardant with higher stats.

We have another ant behind us.

Scheiße...!

Back off buddy!

I used Ice instead of Freeze :bravo:

Salvador, why are you missing so much lately? :argh:

Perhaps this will help?

Hmp...! I deserved that one...

Oh, I did it!

No Ant Honey, oh well...

They're gone.

Kill those ants first and don't hold back, got it...

There there...

Once you kill a Servant, the rest of the FOEs in that area will disappear.

Are you sure about this, Doctor?

Definitely!

Oh dear.

Maybe Medic's high TEC can be useful... who knows?

Not bad.

The next room has the same gimmick, however...

Can you see it?

To the right, on the corner.

Well that was easy.

Hmm... not looking good. If I try to kill it as quickly as possible it should take around 2 turns.

B-BUT...! :argh: DS ETRIAN ODYSSEEEY!!!

I'll just use BOOST, I don't want to deal with more ants.

Sit down!

That was way too close, I hate being blindsided like that.

Time to recover some TP. Find an enemy that is no longer a threat, then use Peace Ballad and let it do its job while you spam the Guard command.

Naaanananananaaaa~

Okay that's enough.

I think I got it now.

Heilen finally unlocks Revive, after that I'll start putting points into Scavenge or Caduceus.

A shortcut, but...

You want to fully explore this floor, right?

I agree with Salvador, it's now or never.

Nope!

Is that the ant we need to kill first?

Hmm, no it's not.

This way!

Gross...! What's with this place?

Oh~ Look at this.

Eggs?

Ant eggs, yes. They look recent, we should be safe.

That's better.

Fricking ants, leave me alone!

Over there!

Good job Cantata.

And don't come back!

Where are the stairs?

Let's go back and check on the walls. Maybe-- no, we definitely missed something.

Tricky...

Stay alert--

Sal...? *gasp*

T-That one is way bigger than the rest...

I wonder if my alchemy will be enough...

Should we go back to town...?

I believe that's the best option.

Kombanwa.

Huge ant...!

You found the ruler of the stratum?

That was quick.

Tell them, Heilen.

Right, in B12F there's a secret area and...

This update felt a bit too short; don't you think?

I know! Let me show you something. Remember this quest?

Say hi to Golem.

If you try to attack him, he'll always blindside you. On that free turn, it will use a skill that can blind your entire party.

You get the exact same result if you go behind him. What a dick.

Its hobbies include destroying the party members in the backline. I'm sorry Cantata...

Reducing incoming physical damage, even when it already has 50% physical resistance.

Covering his elemental weakness.

It can also recover HP per turn, in case you wanted to know how it feels to run out of TP and eventually die. Just remember that within your enemy's strength is weakness, and Golem is not an exception to the rule.

I'll give this piece of poo poo some credit; you really need to think outside of the box when trying to kill Golem around this level. Like I just mentioned, he loves to target your backline (yeah, I know how that sounds) and thanks to Provoke and Sapping you can make him waste a lot of turns and deal pitiful damage.

Ah yes, one last thing. The conditional drop requires you to kill it with instant death, and I can do it easily. I wanted to kill Golem with instant death now, then do a proper rematch. I can't decide so... How about you, dear reader, give me a hand. How should Golem die, and when?

Option 1: Kill Golem right now with instant death, then kill Royalant.
Option 2: Kill Golem normally, then kill Royalant.
Option 3: Leave Golem for later, then kill Royalant.

All the options lead to Royalant dying, there used to be a skip on the DS but it was patched. Voting will be up for a few days; I'll be working on the boss overview in the meantime. Thank you for reading!

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 29, 2024

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Comfytata is a welcome addition :3:

I say option 2, it's more satisfying to show off the real fight first and then the disrespect instant death kill after :v:

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Option 2, let's see how the party does against both.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Let's go option 2. Give the game a chance.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

theshim posted:

I say option 2, it's more satisfying to show off the real fight first and then the disrespect instant death kill after :v:

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Option 2, it'll make it more humiliating when you instant death it.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Golem

HP: 7000

STR: 200
TEC: 30
VIT: 120
AGI: 30
LUC: 30

Skills:

Flash: Attempts to Blind the entire party. Has a 25% infliction chance and an 80% speed modifier. Always used at the start of the fight.
Regen: Heals Golem 280 HP for 3 turns. Used frequently when low on HP.
Hammer: Deals 150% Bash damage to a single target. Has a 95% accuracy modifier and an 80% speed modifier.
Triple Hammer: Deals 3 instances of 130% Bash damage to a single target. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 50% speed modifier.
Block: Increases Golem's physical resistance by 70% for 3 turns. Has an 80% speed modifier.
Ward: Increases Golem's elemental resistance by 25% for 3 turns. Has an 80% speed modifier.
Endure: Allows Golem to survive mortal damage and revive with 700 HP. Can only activate once.

Item Drops:
Golem Rock. 40% Drop Rate. Sells for 1200 En.

Unlocks nothing.

Conditional Drop:
Statue Arm. (Kill it with instant death) 100% Drop Rate. Sells for 5000 En.

1 required for Meteor Axe ATK+240, STR+14 (Strongest Axe in the game) Must be restocked

Description: Mysterious man-made construct that comes alive to attack whatever draws near.

Damage Resistances:
: 125% : 125% : 125%

Status Resistances:
: 10% : 10% : 5%

Bind Resistances:
: 25% : 25% : 25%

Where do I even start with this thing...? As you already know, this fight will always start with a blindside, followed by Flash. Hammer and Triple Hammer can one shot anyone but Stace and maybe Yolanda, and he loves to target the party members in the back. Then you have the buffs and hoo boy they loving suck. The only class who can dispel enemy buffs is the Troubadour, so having one for this fight is mandatory... At least that's what I would say if I didn't have a Hexer thanks to New Game plus. :unsmigghh: I'll go into more detail in a bit, don't worry. And finally, we have Endure... A common misconception is that Golem needs to have Regen active to trigger the effect; but it can revive even without a single buff.

Royalant

Level: 32

HP: 5500

STR: 204
TEC: 74
VIT: 80
AGI: 74
LUC: 37

Skills:
Crunch: Deals 120% Bash damage to a single target. Has a 95% accuracy modifier and a 50% speed modifier.
Ant Aura Heals 300HP. Has a 100% speed modifier. Mostly used when low on health.
Hammer: Deals 75% Bash damage to random targets 2-4 times. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.
Duster: Reduces accuracy and attempts to inflict Blind of the entire party. Has a 40% infliction chance and an 80% speed modifier.

Exp: 12000

Item Drops:
Death Claw. 85% Drop Rate. Sells for 1600 En.

1 required for Executor ATK+97, STR+6, TEC+4
1 required for Shred Whip ATK+94, STR+6, AGI+3

Ant's Jaw. 10% Drop Rate. Sells for 2400 En.

1 required for Hachi ATK+215, LUC+15 (Third strongest Katana in the game) Must be restocked

Description: Tremendous ant queen of the Azure Rainforest. Attended by giant guardian ants.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:
: 15% : 0% : 5%

Bind Resistances:
: 65% : 65% : 65%

The Royalant is a terrible mom. You don't believe me? Check this out.

EO1/EOU/EOX: Children weak to ice, goes to a cold and muddy stratum.
EO3: Children weak to fire, goes to a stratum with lava

Royalant tends to use fast basic attacks to wear your party down until her children come to her rescue. Oh, didn't I mention that? Of course she doesn't fight alone! The longer you take, the more ants you'll have to fight in a row and killing her won’t end the fight immediately. The heal is very pathetic so don't worry about it. Her most dangerous skills are Duster and Hammer. Duster will reduce your accuracy (which is way worse than reducing AGI) and try to blind you, meanwhile Hammer is able to destroy anyone without enough HP or VIT. She also has less HP than Golem but not having a weakness can prolong the fight quite a bit, and with ants getting closer and closer that's the last thing you'd want!

Now, let's see our options!

This is Yolanda's new build. I'll be putting points into ATK UP until she unlocks Hell Cry, then maybe max 2-Hit. She's pretty tanky and can hit very hard with elemental oils, but this is true for any damage dealer in the Guild. She lacks AoE but can hit like a truck thanks to her weapon of choice.

With Bows maxed, Salvador gets 50% extra ATK when using bows. Against targets that resist physical damage he'll need an elemental oil, otherwise he can use Apollon on the first turn and deal massive damage on the third one. A Lv. 1 Trickery reduces enemy accuracy by 15% which is pretty decent if you mix it with a Head Bind. Multihit can be used while he waits for Apollon, but against Golem that is not going to work unless he gets a lucky Stun.

Provoke is still pretty good against bosses, both Golem and Royalant have very strong single target damage and Stace can just shrug it off. While using Defender leaves the party open for attacks, it can be useful to barely survive the powerful physical attacks both Golem and Royalant can deal. Other than that Line Guard is still pretty solid and her STR isn't exactly low. Unfortunately, the lack of Sword Mastery means her basic attacks won't do a lot of damage even with an imbue.

Duncan can't do much against Golem since he tends to target the backline more often, that means no Bait and Drain is very weak against it. Against Royalant the damage Bait can deal depends completely on RNG and he isn't exactly durable, but can wipe multiple Bloodants if he gets lucky. Drain can also help him to recover HP without relying on a healer or an item.

Heilen can use Immunize against both Golem and Royalant to help the party survive. Unfortunately, his healing skills are not that useful against Golem since he can one-shot most party members. Against Royalant Salve can be spammed every few turns once the Bloodants join the fight and the damage starts to spread thanks to Hammer.

Melissa is the only true source of elemental damage against Golem, Amrita II is unlocked on the next floors so I'll have to manage her TP very carefully. Against Royalant she can use Freeze/Thor according to how many enemies are alive. She's very fragile against both bosses and no amount of armor will be able to save her.

Cantata is able to buff our STR, erase buffs from Golem, imbue our weapons and help the party to recover TP thanks to Peace Ballad. Against Royalant is pretty much the same but she can't be that proactive anymore, being reduced to the dedicated item user once all her buffs are set.

Misaka can't use Midareba effectively against Golem and her instant kill is banned. However, having the best katana available means she can use elemental oils to deal good damage. Against Royalant she can deal a crap ton of single target physical damage, giving the party the upper hand in battle and hopefully ending the fight before too many Bloodants join.

Rina can clown very hard on Golem. Both fights are the perfect example of how loving good Hexers can be if unlocked early. She can't do anything once Golem has Ward active but binding its body parts, lowering its ATK and being able to dispel Block with Frailty are invaluable tools. Against Royalant she can bind body parts to avoid Duster or Hammer. Rina's biggest weakness is her frailty, no pun intended. If she dies at a critical moment the fight can go south very quickly. Here's a fun fact, Hexers have a skill called Relapse. This skill makes binds and ailments last longer, so why does it matter...? If Golem tries to use Regen, they can dispel the buff with Relapse.

Since Golem gives you 0 EXP, why not make this a double voting? :getin:

Vote up to 3 party members against Golem and other 3 against Royalant

I've also been working on a Monster Compendium in case you need information about the monsters we've seen so far. I'll be doing the same for Take/Chop/Mine spots later on, both will be linked on the main page. Hopefully this'll help to avoid stumbling around updates in case you're looking for a specific enemy or gathering spot. Please look forward to it . :allears:

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 29, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Golem: Stace, Yolanda, Melissa.
Royalant: Rina, Salvador, Misaka.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

:siren: Votes so far :siren:

Salvador: 0
Stace: 3
Duncan: 1
Heilen: 0
Melissa: 2

Yolanda: 2
Salvador: 3
Stace: 0
Duncan: 0
Melissa: 3
Cantata: 0
Misaka: 3
Rina: 2

Something I forgot to mention, it's only one vote per party member. Whoever doesn't get chosen against one boss will fight the other one. In case you're wondering "Hold on a second... There are only 9 classes in the game." don't worry, I have a plan for that. :allears:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Golem: Salvador, Duncan, Misaka
Royalant: Melissa, Cantata, Rina

:getin:

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

:siren: VOTING IS CLOSED :siren:

Golem

Salvador: 1
Stace: 3
Duncan: 2
Heilen: 0
Melissa: 2
Misaka: 2

Royalant

Yolanda: 2
Salvador: 3
Stace: 0
Duncan: 0
Melissa: 4
Cantata: 1
Misaka: 3

VS

VS

There was a draw with Rina but nothing my evil LPer powers can't fix. Please look forward to the next update. :yayclod:

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Update 17

So, what do you guys think?

quote:

Group 1

Group 2

Uhm...

I think you're insane.

Uh?! W-Why?

Don't you see a small issue with our formation?

Hmm... :magemage:

Our group isn't the most durable, you know?

I have an idea, wait here for a second!

*gulp gulp* Ahh~

I think I missed the lesson about getting drunk to help your companions.

Tch... companions. What can I do for you, Stace?

I know you're part of another guild, but we have a small issue and we could use your help.

...?

Say hi to Monty! He'll be joining us during this update. His kit is a bit different compared to Stace...

Monty will be our Smite user during this fight and will use Front Line when needed.

Good to see you Monty! I don't want to sound rude but, how did Stace manage to convince you?

She uh...

quote:

...then I slashed at Cernunnos with my sword imbued with volt...! H-Hey Sally, good *hic* morning. I was telling this rookie about the fight, w-want to add something?

W-Who the hell are you calling rook... rookie! Zzz...

Maybe later, have you seen Melissa?

Who cares about that smug blondie... h-hey have you heard? Explorers saw Fenrir last night...! T-They say the alpha wolf is back to get its revenge...

But you told me it was a cat... y-you liar!

Fenrir?

Yeah...! Something about Fenrir climbing up the stairs of the first stratum, one of them even saw its white fur-- Hey! Where are you going, at least buy me a drink in exchange for the info...!

Y-You'll have to do better than... THAT! Come on, I can still drink one mooore!

In your dreams, old man!

Drinking competition, really?

Ergh...

Now he owes me a favour. :smug:

You... might want to upgrade that sword.

If you say so.

You better keep my companions safe, Monty.

Yeah yeah, you know me.

Tenemos compańía.

Huh? Oh, I see what you mean. (even if I can't understand a word...)

Not fighting on your own, huh?

*sigh*

Is everything alright Melissa-chan?

It's nothing. Let's just get this over with...

"Music: Dyed in Blood" :siren: "Royalant Fight" :siren:

As long as I don't get hit by Duster or Hammer at a bad moment we should be fine. Time to fight!

Shōbu da!

Eeeek! J-Joudan da yo!

Crunch hurts a lot. :ohdear:

Now now, don't be so reckless~

It works...

Back off, now!

They're coming.

Switching to defensive tactics!

You're just making my job easier.

. . .

Even with Midareba, Multihit and Flame the damage isn't that impressive...

Just in case Misaka needs to deal with the Bloodants and she doesn't have a stance ready.

Hmm. :smug:

Doctor!

Is... Is that blood mine? W-Whatever, I hope this helps...

Outmaneuvered!

Nice! Hammer won't be a problem for a few turns.

They’re here.

Just let me drink this and--

Hoy! Doctor, out of the way!

They need you more than me!

Now, let me help you...

Still breathing... What's with all this dust?

*COUGH* *COUGH* You dirty Queen!

Hng...! Focus...

SEI! SEI!

Trying to avenge your Queen? Fools...

Hyousetsu!

I did it...

It's not over yet, focus!

Is that it?!

Exterminated.

How are you feeling?

Don't-- *sigh* I'm feeling good, t-thanks.

Sugeeee, Oji-san!

Jim who?

That’s just how she is. It was a pleasure working with you, Monty.

The pleasure was mine; I hope we can work together again.

Come on, we just need to finish to map this area.

I already took care of that.

Ah, wonderful.

If you are done mapping B11F as well, then return to the Radha and show them the results. If not, then return to the previous floor, and complete the second half of your task.

We're finally done with the mission, let's take a peek at B13F before going back to town.

Ergh...

What is it, Monty?

The rest of my guild should be around here; I'd rather not seeing those pompous dicks right now.

Ahh... the cold air is so relaxing. :keke:

My clothes are going to get wet...:ohdear:

Hold it, Misaka.

Let's go back to town, then we wait for the rest.

Drinks are on me if they manage to beat whatever is up there.

"Music: The Green Green Woodlands"

Duncan, what is this?

H-How am I supposed to know?

Lame. :colbert:

What about you, Miss Stace?

I've heard the stories about bandit king Edue but they never mentioned a huge statue guarding his treasure.

Well, let's have a look around--

:awesomelon:

YOLANDA!

Are you okay?! drat statue, you're going to pay!

Ouch... Thank you, Stace.

Don't mention it, now let's take it down!

W-Wait! Close your eyes!

Huh?

Well, this is unpleasant.

Stab-- drat it, another monster with thick skin!

I'LL CRUSH YOU!

drat, not even 50% Phys resistance can stop Yolanda. However...

Hng..! Ha! W-Wait another on-- :gibs:

Retreat!

(No, you can't run away from Golem, it's just part of the roleplay.)

Grr... We need to rethink our strategy. What do we have available?

I can try to bind its arms.

Here Stace, drink this.

Hng... drat it, to think I could fall so easily.

I can imbue your weapons if you're having troubles hitting but... How about these oils?

Hmm~

"Music: Scatter About" :siren: "Golem Fight" :siren:

Scatter About plays during (most) encounters against optional bosses, give it a listen! It perfectly encapsulates how frenetic and dangerous these fights can be if you're underleveled or unprepared.

You're so easy to blinds-- wait what?!

:awesomelon:

Everyone, close your eyes!

Basic attacks with a Freeze Oil will be our main source of damage since Melissa got voted against Royalant. I won't be talking too much about these two because seeing basic attacks for over 10 turns isn't that interesting.

Sapping is VITAL to survive Golem's devastating attacks.

Why am I at the front?

Once casted, Bravery will last the entire battle or until the unit dies. The STR boost will help the party to deal with Golem's extremely high VIT.

Miss Stace will keep you safe! Probably...

I will, you have my word.

Stace needs to be in the back on the first turn to survive Hammer since Rina isn't fast enough to lower its ATK in time. If Golem uses Triple Hammer, well... You already saw what happened.

HNG...! S-SEE?

You've earned my favour, Paladin.

Here you go Miss Stace!

Hmm, maybe I need to upgrade my sword.

Not at all, you just have to strike LIKE THIS!

HAHA!

Yolanda is such a murder machine with her new build. :allears:

:awesomelon: (ELEMENTAL DAMAGE DETECTED. REACTIVE ARMOR ACTIVATED)

Is... Is he roaring...?!

Its aura has changed… Can you do anything about that, Rina?

No way Jose.

. . .

quote:

Th-Then how do we beat something like that?

Your voice little troubadour, it holds great power against the monster.

Miss Yolanda, keep attacking it. I can try and dispel the barrier!

You can? Sweet! You heard Cantata, let's keep smacking the statue! :hist101:

Give me strength, dad... :pray: *ejem* Bird-Shaped Vane on the Roof

If you don't have a Hexer, a Troubadour is very important thanks to Erase. You can dispel Regen with Relapse and Block with Frailty but the only way to remove Ward is with Erase or Ymir/Ifrit/Taranis. If you’re wondering why I used that song again is because my headcanon with Erase is that Troubadours use a song that brings them back to the old times (in this case the song Cantata’s dad used to sing to her) therefore reverting any status change. I hope I explained that properly. :ohdear:

That song again...

But how is that going to help...?

:awesomelon: (REACTIVE ARMOR... D-D-DEACTIVATED)

It's flinching.

Good job, Cantata!

What happened to your punches? :cawg:

Now it's my time to strike!

:awesomelon: (SEVERE DAMAGE DETECTED, DEFENSIVE STANCE...)

:awesomelon: (... IS IMPOSSIBLE)

Hehehe...

Well, aren't you having fun~

Golem is now completely helpless, serves him right. Let's skip ahead a bit.

:awesomelon: (AUTO-REPAIR... IS IMPOSSIBLE)

:flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

:awesomelon: (. . .)

HRRRRAAA!!! It's about to fall, I can feel it!

Nah.

This fight is over.

This is what teamwork can do!

ALRIGHT! Good job everyone!

I can still feel its presence.

Huh?

See? It doesn't need Regen to revive.

:awesomelon: (EMERGENCY... PROTOCOL A-A-A-ACTIVATED

quote:

You don't need to pull it so much, just let the bow do the rest

Steady...

Heh.

H-Huh?! I did it! WHOO HOO! :peanut:

ALRIGHT! That was a pretty good f-- GOLEM YOU MOTHERFUCKER! :argh: Let's pretend I got the drop on this fight, okay? And while we're at it, let me show you something...

This is the attempt where I got the stupid rock, see how Golem doesn't have Regen active and hasn’t activated his passive skill yet.

Here I'm waiting for Golem to revive but...

It doesn't... :shepface: I have no clue what triggers the resurrection at this point.

*pant* Is it over this time?

It's not destroyed yet.

There's no need for that, it only wanted to protect that spot. Probably under the command of Edue...

What are we waiting for? Let's look for it!

There isn't a trace of anything being either buried or dug up. Was the story of Edue's treasure nothing but a legend after all...?

Maybe over there?

Hmm...

Whatever it was guarding, it's gone.

Hey stone man, you suck.

*sigh* Let's go back to town, hopefully this rock will be useful.

Mina, kocchi desu!

Hey, you're alive. Come and have a d--

Where's the old man?

Here.

Very funny, Monty. She's talking about the quest we accepted, the treasure was a lie.

Huh?

His grandson was an adventurer who lost his life in the forest. The old man found out from his comrades which monster killed him, and where it lived. He desperately wanted revenge for his grandson's death...

. . .

But the monster was so strong that no one was willing to accept his request. So he made up the story about the bandit king's treasure, to trick someone into doing it.

That drat old man, I'll... *sigh*

I knew something seemed fishy... Our client is old, but that story about Edue is much older. Plus, no one knows if this Edue actually existed or not. The old man realized if the ones who fell for it died, their families would be crushed. Feeling terrible, he came rushing back here, and tried to cancel the request. But just then, you came back and told me you had already defeated the monster. So the old man gets his revenge, and you get your reward. Looks like it worked out in the end.

Easy there, we managed to defeat it.

Cheer up, kid.

I'm not... Fine, whatever you say.

So... Golem doesn't have an explanation, and that's perfectly fine. We have some new quests, let's have a look.

Oh no...

Jewelry huh?

Decided to take the request, have you? Good, I've been hoping someone would. The pearl our client lost was a precious gift from her lover. If you search B11F, where she encountered the monsters with large horns, you may be able to get it back. Careful, though. That monster was too powerful, even for someone as strong as her.

This one's probably our fault...

Decided to take the request, have you? Good, I've been hoping someone would. For some reason the ants on the 12th floor become vicious during certain times of year. A lot of adventurers fall victim to them in those times... I'd like you to find out the reason this happens. If we knew why, we might find a way to deal with it. Good luck out there.

If you need stealth, let me know.

Certain times of the year? wasn't the 3rd Stratum recently discovered by the player's Guild? I know the time you spend playing the game isn't the same as the time in-game but sheesh...

Crab Leg x5 and Death Claw x1 unlocks Shred Whip ATK+94, STR+6, AGI+3. Price: 2610 En

Oh my~

Don't you want to try using whips for a bit?

Maybe one of these days, right now I have my eyes set on something else... :unsmigghh:

. . .

I love when bosses unlock multiple weapons, even better if they don't have a limited stock like EO5. Next up, we’ll explore B13F and B14F.

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 28, 2023

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

B1F

D3 Chop Point

Mugwort 50% chance. Sells for 20en.
1 required for Bravant Increases ATK by 10% and damage taken by 20% for 5 turns (Cannot be used on allies)

Hardwood 30% chance. Sells for 13 en.
1 required for Shortsword ATK+15
5 required for Hand Axe ATK+18 Required for A favor to Shilleka I
5 required for Wazikashi ATK+20
10 required for Aspis DEF+2, VIT+1

Red Fruit 10% chance. Sells for 25en.
1 required for Red Charm DEF+1, TP+5

D1 Chop Point

Mugwort 50% chance. Sells for 20 en.
1 required for Bravant Increases ATK by 10% and damage taken by 20% for 5 turns (Cannot be used on allies)

Hardwood 25% chance. Sells for 13 en.

Red Fruit 15% chance. Sells for 25 en.

B3F

D4 Take Point

Amber Lump 50% chance. Sells for 27en.
3 required for Theriaca B (Removes ailments from the entire party)
5 required for Nectar (Revives a party member with low HP)
10 required for Hamao (Recovers 300HP and 50TP to a single target)
1 required for Pest control

Tiny Petal 25% Chance. Sells for 8 En
1 required for Tweed (Clothes) DEF+1, AGI+1
10 required for Petal Ring DEF+1, TEC+1
10 required for Medica II (Recovers 100HP to a single target)
1 required for Remembrance of a friend

Crabapple 15% chance. Sells for 35 En.
5 required for Medica III (Recovers 200HP to a single target)

F3 Take Point

Tiny Petal 50% Chance. Sells for 8 En
1 required for Tweed (Clothes) DEF+1, AGI+1
10 required for Petal Ring DEF+1, TEC+1
10 required for Medica II (Recovers 100HP to a single target)
1 required for Remembrance of a friend

Amber Lump 25% chance. Sells for 27en.
3 required for Theriaca B (Removes ailments from the entire party)
5 required for Nectar (Revives a party member with low HP)
10 required for Hamao (Recovers 300HP and 50TP to a single target)
1 required for Pest control

Crabapple 15% chance. Sells for 35en.
5 required for Medica III (Recovers 200HP to a single target)

B4F

E1 Mine Point

Metal Horn 50% chance. Sells for 36 en.
1 required for Wakizashi ATK+20
1 required for Plate (Heavy Armor) DEF+5, VIT+2, AGI-1

Pyroxene 25% chance. Sells for 50 en.
1 required for Gem Ring DEF+1, Volt Resistance +10%
1 required for A certain shop's request

Whitestone 15% chance. Sells for 100en.
Required for nothing.

B1 Mine Point

Pyroxene 50% chance. Sells for 50 en.

Metal Horn 25% chance. Sells for 36 en.

Required for nothing.

B5F

A4 Mine Point

Metal Horn 50% chance. Sells for 36 en.

Pyroxene 25% chance. Sells for 50 en.

Required for nothing.

E2 Chop Point

Red Fruit 15% chance. Sells for 25en.

C5 Chop Point

Red Fruit 15% chance. Sells for 25en.

D5 Mine Point

Pyroxene 50% chance. Sells for 50 en.

Metal Horn 25% chance. Sells for 36 en.

Required for nothing.

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 29, 2024

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Update 18

Tracking a... pearl?

A monster took it and you have experience tracking monsters, yes?

Hm, very well. I'll do what I can.

Let me help!

Help? Uh, Sure.

Hehe~

What is it, Yolanda-chan?

To think this is the same Salvador who wanted Cantata to go hom-- O-Ouch, why did you do that...?

I'm still here, you know?

Me next, hiya! :black101:

What now?

Hm.

Salvador-san? Why are you putting your ear on the ground...?

. . .

Shh... Quiet.

. . .

. . .

...!

...?

Let's move!

*gasp* The enemy!

Taste my blade, foul beast!

Huh? Isn't that...?

C-Can I stay behind this time...? I don't wat to get hit by it again...

"A Sudden Gust of Wind Before Your Eyes"

Heilen, do you see any differences between this monster and the one from the first stratum?

They look the same to me.

Your horn was the material used to forge my first katana. So, it is my duty to put you down. Hiiiiiya!

And there she goes again... Well, at least its dead now. Do any of you guys see the pearl?

Hmm...

Over here!

Did you find the pearl Cantata-chan?

No, but...

We should be able to tie the rope h--

Come on, Yolanda-chan. Woohoo!

M-Misaka!? W-Waaaaaaiii...

Jumping it is...

Hold on tight, Cantata.

Mm-hm!

Ouch... Where are--

...!

Are you two okay?!

Well, this one looks a lot more powerful.

(Be brave Cantata...) *ehem* Charge! :black101:

Hellbull

Level: 55

HP: 850

STR: 298
TEC: 42
VIT: 124
AGI: 48
LUC: 54

Skills:
Charge: Charges to use Rush next turn. Increases ATK by 100% and has an 80% speed modifier.
Rush: Deals 120% Stab damage to a single target. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 1904

Item Drops:
Gold Fur: 30% Drop Rate. Sells for 103 En.

2 required for Fur Boot DEF+7, AGI+14
3 required for Gold Cape DEF+3, HP+25
10 required for The gold enthusiast

Gold Horn: 10% Drop Rate. Sells for 121 En.

1 required for Arbalest ATK+161
1 required for Bhuj ATK+198
5 required for Kuzunosada ATK+209

Description: From its habitat deep within the forest, it attacks all intruders with its large horns.

Damage Resistances:
: 150% : 150% : 150%

Status Resistances:
: 100% : 200% : 200%
Bind Resistances:

Oh, it's the Kuyutha but level 55, shouldn't be-- Wait, what?! LEVEL 55? What the hell is wrong with you, game?!

I got this.

I don't remember the current Lv. of Trickery, but at Lv.1 you reduce enemy accuracy by 15%!

EEP! T-That was close!

It's coming back!

BACK OFF!

Uh oh...

T-There there... We mean no harm to you~

Why do I even bother...?

Another horn to forge a new blade!

GWAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa...!

Miss Yolanda is flying...!

Close enough, I guess.

Hey, I got the drop. Not that it matters.

Ouch...! Ouch... I can't feel my stomach...

Leave this to me, the rest of you check around the area.

*nod*

Ohhh, Shiny!

Looking closely, it is a small, shining pearl. Could this be the treasure your client lost? You decide to take the pearl back to town.

Oh boy, the Pearl. Where do I even start with this thing?

The DS version of EO1 didn't have a "key items" slot. Everything, including your map and the keys to open the crystal gates, took space in your inventory. However, this pearl was... special. It would stay in your inventory forever, even after completing the quest and taking up space. Yeah... Luckily, this was fixed in the HD version.

Any luck? This way, Yolanda.

Ugh...

Miss Yolanda...! *hug*

I'm... fine. What else did we need to do here...?

Even a Master Samurai would struggle!

What's the plan?

:getin:

Next!

S-Salvador...!

What's that noise?

Retreat!

N-Nigerundayooo!

Okay, this time for real.

This is the pattern they follow. Mapping this area before accepting the quest is recommended.

And this is the path I took.

Wait, isn't this...?

Mm-hm.

Woah... Look at how huge these eggs are... I wonder if I could take one with me. F-For research purposes of course...!

More pets for the Guild?

Yay!

Yolanda.

Aww... fine.

*E-Ehem!* Anyway, this is probably the reason behind the ant hostility. We should leave as soon as possible. Yolanda do your thing.

E-Eh?! When did we...?

Don't ask.

Come on, let's explore the next floor.

U-Uh...

O-Oh... right, I didn't...

*sigh* Again...?

Fufu~ A warrior with senses as sharp as mine would never forget such a thing.

Oh reaaaally, can you tell me where's your katana?

Well right here of c-- N-Nani?! Cantata-chan that's not a toy...!

:black101::black101::black101:

I left the previous report in Duncan's room, let's get going...

Praise me some more!

I have pondered of late the reason for the Labyrinth's existence. The mysterious creatures, and that bizarre structure that seems to have no bottom...

No... There must be a bottom! I just know it!

And in that bottom...

Hm...

Do you suppose the Labyrinth formed naturally? I can't help but think there's a secret behind it... Personally, I believe the secret, whatever it may be, would greatly benefit Etria.

The cure to diseases we don't even know yet...

Hum...

However, the Chieftain... He takes a different view. He's a man of few words, but he was unequivocal in stating the mystery is best left alone. Why would he be so set against investigation of the forest past this point...?

Chieftain Visil said that? But then...

But I forget myself. I shouldn't speak to you of such things. Thoughts like these are best kept private.

Mr. Quinn...

In any event... Your maps will be a boon to our research of the third Stratum. We'd like to present this to you as a token of our appreciation.

Heheh...

Ask away, Subaltern Quinn.

Those soldiers we sent to collect data on the layout of the third Stratum... They reported seeing an unknown life form deep within the Labyrinth.

D-Did you just say life form!?

Yes, a race of creatures that look almost human, yet are distinct from us in a variety of ways. If they speak true, it would be one of the greatest discoveries we have yet made.

Ha... haha... HAHAHAHAHA!

D-Duncan...?

Don't you get it, Heily? We, the Mikado Guild, could be the first ones to discover a new civilization! We would turn into legends! Hahah.... *sob* I'm so glad I joined... thank you! Oh, thank you so much...! Waaaa....!

Duncan... *hug*

*sigh*

Duncan-kun *hug*

Legends? Heh, this is exciting...

I'll make sure to prepare a song for them...!

You can count on us!

As I mentioned earlier, there's a strange creature in the third Stratum we are unable to reach. They seem to be a humanoid life form native to the forest. We may need to deal with them. For now, we're discussing how to best handle them with the Chieftain... In the meantime, we want you to investigate the life form and report back with details. But beware, for there's no knowing if the life form will be friend or foe to humans.

So I told him "If you don't stop lecturing me I'll freeze your nose using my gloves!" He was so jealous of me... T-The best part is, he wasn't a classmate, but a teacher! Hahaha. But who cares what a nobody thinks, am I right? The only man I've ever admired was Gunther of Lagaard. It is said he could completely nullify incoming damage using alchemy, both physical and magical attacks. Hm? His most powerful spell, you ask? Definitely Megido. A bright light is the last thing his enemies see before being crushed by the shockwave. I even read he was about to discover a new spell! B-But then he retired... See what I mean? If you're not on his level, then why should I care?

After that I ended up... quitting? No, that's not it... *ehem* I decided to leave the Academy to do my own research with these gloves as my only allies. I would be the one to control them. After all, I only accepted the Academy's invitation because of the... the incident with my dad. A huge bear was attacking him and I threw a fireball. I just did the first thing I could think of, really. I never imagined it would also hit my dad... He wasn't injured but losing half the hair on his face caused him to be mocked by his colleagues. Mom said they were jealous of him but...

. . .

*gulp gulp...* Ha... But that was years ago. The town of Etria will be where I, Melissa Raptis, prove him and everyone else that I can take care of myself. I just need to mix these formulas again... I can't lose against a dumb piece of steel. I could burn the entire 1st Stratum if I wanted to! Except for those drat doors, I-I just needed to rest some more and I would've...!

. . .

You're right, I should stop saying that out loud. What did Valerie even put on this drink...?

What are you doing here?

Talking with...

. . .

What do you want?

Duh, my roller. Come here Mr. Dillo. What did she do to you...?

*grunt*

Wait...That's not what I wanted to say. T-Thanks for... for letting me take care of it. It's a good listener, you were... y-you were right.

I told you.

*pant* *pant* Rina!

Rina! Melissa! We have big news!

Zzz...

*sigh* What is it?

Strange, I feel like... this pearl doesn't want to leave us.

I can't believe you're that greedy. Actually, I can--

Our client will be happy to have it back, I can't believe a monster ate it, though... I heard some animals swallow stones for digestion, but I didn't know it was true. I guess that monster needed to do the same thing... Huh.

That was a really strong monster, Heilen had to patch me up. See? He even stitched a smiley face on it!

...Well, at least you found it. But for her sake... I think I'll leave out the details of how you got it back.

For some reason it feels weird not seeing the pearl stuck forever on your inventory after completing the quest.

Not just that, you see... It's breed--

Heilen, we have a kid in here.

Oh, right. Hmm... Let's say they were guarding their children.

If that's the case, no wonder they get more vicious. I'll warn the other explorers not to go near ants during this time of the year.

I'll pass.

Do you need my help to explore the rest?

We got it. Take care of Melissa, she looks exhausted.

I'll let her know about the human-like creatures. Just go.

*munch munch*

Don't eat her hair.

Moriyana

Level: 35

HP: 247

STR: 105
TEC: 60
VIT: 72
AGI: 36
LUC: 36

Exp: 876

Item Drops:
Caparace 33% Drop Rate. Sells for 57 En.
1 required for Gold Chime (Reduces the encounter rate by 50% for 100 steps)
1 required for Claymore ATK+78
3 required for Full Armor (Heavy Armor) DEF+22, HP+12
5 required for Great Axe ATK+97
7 required for Plate Mail (Heavy Armor) DEF+26
9 required for Body Aspis DEF+14, VIT+3, Ice Resistance +10%
10 required for War Mace ATK+70, HP+15

Bug Nest 25% Drop Rate. Sells for 60 En.
1 required for Gum Aspis DEF+7, Volt Resistance +10%
3 required for Body Aspis DEF+14, VIT+3, Ice Resistance +10%
5 required for Ohdachi ATK+90
1 required for Scavenging for Ian II
3 required for Chef's request I

Description: A forest dragonfly large enough to make meals of passing Labyrinth explorers.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Moriyanas are in pretty much every single EO game and they tend to be really annoying and hard to damage/kill. This one is... Uh, it exists.

Woodbat

Level: 33

HP: 274

STR: 107
TEC: 38
VIT: 68
AGI: 38
LUC: 38

Exp: 898

Item Drops:
Bat Wing 25% Drop Rate. Sells for 54 En.
3 required for Cotardie (Clothes) DEF+16
7 required for 7 Doublet (Clothes) DEF+18, TP+10

Description: A large forest bat. Rarely poses trouble to adventurers who keep their wits about them.

Damage Resistances:
: 110% : 110% : 110%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Another Azure Rainforest enemy that is a nightmare in the 3DS remake and very forgettable in EO1. Also, 10% weaker to all elements? Really...?

My soul cannot be extinguished! Hiiiiiya!

You never cease to amuse me.

Hm, it's oddly soft.

200 HP? Sure.

Can't we swim?

No lo creo, el agua es demasiado profunda.

Uh...

Allow me to translate, Cantata-chan. He said no.

Woah! You can understand Salvador?

Those two are truly something, huh.

You get used to it.

Not gonna lie, the water currents make this place a lot more beautiful.

What was I doing with these two again...?

Oh right, trying to get 1st Turn.

And Ymir just in case...

Hm?

From its place in a nearby brush, it closely watches your every move. Who would be here, this deep in the Labyrinth...? Ren and Tlachtga, perhaps?

You face a samurai...!

Ronin...

A Ronin!

What the...?!

Keep your eyes open, protecting Cantata is the priority.

I'll keep her safe.

G-Get off my hair...!

There, that was the last one of them. Now, shall w--

Shh, over there...

EEK...!

Cantata! Are you okay?

S-Sorry...

How dare you scare her...! HEY! Get back here!

Let's make some noise, I have an idea.

Redclaw

Level: 36

HP: 371

STR: 155
TEC: 29
VIT: 76
AGI: 33
LUC: 37

Skills:
Fear Eye: Attempts to inflict Fear on a single target. Has a 70% infliction chance and a 10% speed modifier.
Bleeder: Deals 120% Bash damage to a single target. Has a 90% accuracy modifier and a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 1006

Item Drops:
Shred Nail 50% Drop Rate. Sells for 70 En.
1 required for Claymore ATK+78
3 required for Ohdachi ATK+90
5 required for Wind Whip ATK+79

Red Hide 15% Drop Rate. Sells for 73 En.
1 required for Executor ATK+97, STR+6, TEC+4
1 required for Full Armor (Light Armor) DEF+22, HP+12
2 required for Surcoat (Clothes) DEF+16
3 required for Moccasins DEF+3, AGI+5

Description: Man-eating bears whose fur has been stained red with the blood of their victims.

Damage Resistances:

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

This enemy is so forgettable, I bearely took any screenshots. Red Hide unlock some really good gear though.

Come out...

RAAAA! Oh, is that it?

*sigh* Again. Stay still for a second, Yolanda.

There are a few spots where if you spend more than 1 turn fighting, an FOE will show up. They're easier to notice in the 3DS remake.

Boiled giant crab...

Killclaw

Level: 36

HP: 1900

STR: 179
TEC: 41
VIT: 76
AGI: 62
LUC: 62

Skills:
Ripper: Deals 90% Cut damage to a single target and attempts to inflict Instant Death. Has a 20% infliction chance, a 90% accuracy modifier and a 50% speed modifier.

Exp: 1200

Item Drops:
Red Blade 80% Drop Rate. Sells for 580 En.
1 required for Bardiche ATK+104, STR+6
1 required for Body Aspis DEF+14, VIT+3, Ice Resistance +10%

Description: This ruthless crab shreds adventurers to ribbons almost as if for sport.

Damage Resistances:
: 125% : 125% : 125%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

This should help to damage its shell--

Oh, you don't like the idea?!

Think you can keep up? Over here! Now over there!

Aw, man...

Hang on, let me use another one.

Nuh-uh!

Wow, trickery is really good...

That's better!

Don't forget about me!

Almost 400 damage against an enemy who resists phys damage, Ohdachi gaming.

Hm, so good so far.

E-EEP...! Don't crush my ocarina...!

Leave her alone!

Hwa!

Are you okay?

Y-yeah... thank you everyone~

Now, let's see those bruises.

And we get the one and only drop required to unlock everything.

These FOEs can respawn infinite times, so you're never really safe from them.

*sigh*

Candy!

Meltworm

Level: 34

HP: 329

STR: 145
TEC: 28
VIT: 70
LUC: 36

Skills:
Darkmist: Lowers the elemental resistance of the entire party by 50%. Has a 10% speed modifier.

Exp: 879

Item Drops:
: Elastic 33% Drop Rate. Sells for 55 En.

1 required for Gum Helm DEF+3, TP+9
3 required for Stud Vest (Light Armor) DEF+17
3 required for Gum Aspis DEF+7, Volt Resistance +10%
5 required for Self Bow ATK+59
7 required for Gum Glove DEF+3, TEC+2
7 required for Cotardie (Clothes) DEF+16

Shiny Goo 23% Drop Rate. Sells for 62 En.
1 required for 7 Doublet (Clothes) DEF+18, TP+10

Description: Giant worm that makes its home near water. Asphyxiates its prey in the manner of a snake.

Damage Resistances:
: 150% : 150% : 50%
: 150% : 100% : 100%

Status Resistances:

Bind Resistances:

Did someone say, Madworm but blue? No? Okay.

Not you again...

May as well.

Hmm! Nice nap, shall we go?

. . .

What do we have here...?

Cute...

Uh... eheheh... I guess I didn't see that wall.

*sigh* Let me fix that...

Ahh... Oiishi.

...! Get back!

What is it doing...?

They don't seem to be aggressive...

That's exactly what they want you to think, come on.

Beautiful title.

*poke* *poke*

C-Can I...?

No, let's finish mapping this floor before returning to town.

:smith:

Nice.

And that is everything for now. Let's go back to town.

Starting from this update I'll just upload a single pic with the items I unlock per travel.

Carapace x1 and Shred Nail x1 unlocks Claymore ATK+78. Price: 2400 En.
Red Hide x1 and Death Clawx1 unlocks Executor ATK+97, STR+6, TEC+4. Price: 3600 En.
Bat Wing x5, Bone Shard x5 unlocks Hunter Bow ATK+75. Price: 2640 En.
Crab Leg x1, Shred Nail x5 unlocks Wind Whip ATK+79. Price: 2160 En.
Bat Wing x3, Elastic x7 unlocks Cotardie (Clothes) DEF+16. Price: 2160 En.
Bat Wing x7, Shiny Goo x1 unlocks 7 Doublet (Clothes) DEF+18, TP+10. Price: 3000 En.
Red Hide x2 unlocks Surcoat (Clothes) DEF+16. Price: 2520 En.
Red Hide x3 unlocks Moccasins DEF+3, AGI+5. Price: 840 En.
Carapace x1, Glass Eye x1 unlocks Gold Chime (Reduces the encounter rate by 50% for 100 steps)

Salvador needs a power boost so I buy the Hunter Bow. And talking about a power boost...

Oh hell yeah! This is the weapon you get with the Royalant drop and there's no reason not to buy it.

OHOHO, YES!

Good, we're going to need you.

Are you sure you can fight? It's the first time you've drank like that.

Y-Yeah... I'm fine.

What do you think Mr. Dillo?

*grunt*

Good.

Alright, let's accept some quests.

This guy again.

This a request from Jackson Restaurant. The chef there wants wants to break culinary ground by using Bug Nests in his new recipe. Now, I think I heard a patron saying you can get them from the Moriyanas on the 14th floor. Three of those, and you should be set. I wonder how a dish like that would taste, though...

And another one of these... Great.

It's another ordeal from the head of the Explorers Guild. This time, he wants you to defeat the Killclaw by yourself.

...!

A challenge...

All I know about it is its name... But I think the name says it all. Keep your wits about you out there, and come back safe.

This time, the merchant Ian wants samples of everything you can chop on the 13th floor. It's going to take a while to chop everything... so good luck.

...?

*nod*

300HP and 50TP is really good at this point, I'll buy a bunch of Hamao.

Remember what I told you all that time ago about going into the forest?

Of course!

If you're going to ignore what I said then, you've got to have the necessary skills.

Don't worry Guildmaster Ganryu, I signed up a good crew.

Duncan maxes Sword Mastery, granting him a 30% damage boost when using swords.

Stace now has Ice Wall at Lv.5 nullifying 1 ice attack per party member during a single turn.

Melissa is about to max Flame.

And finally, Rina upgrades immobile to Lv. 5. Next up, we'll be exploring B14F! Thank you for reading.

TomatoPawah fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 2, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
It's nice to see this LP back, seems like things are going smoothly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

Mr. Dillo is a good friend. :peanut: