Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Android Apocalypse posted:

If the Chicago Bears go 0-17 I'll drink Malort in solidarity to all my Midwest goons. :toxx:

There are supposedly bars here in Portland that carry Malort so this can happen.

Saved by the incompetence of the Washington Commanders.

I should still look for what bars in Portland carry Malort.

Meanwhile in the District of Columbia, Al Michaels describes the Washington Commanders:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Honestly Commanders...

Just forfeit. Don't tell anyone because the NFL will get all pissy.

But just...don't play. What is the point?

You lose in every "Prime" time game against loving gimmies every year for almost as long as I've watched.

You broke the Detroit streak, you got loving CRUSHED by the 2023 loving Bears AT HOME.

Don't take the injuries. Don't take the embarrassment.

Stay home you loving losers. Move to London so I can root for Baltimore with a clean conscience.

Go O's bitch.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

they should be called the washington clowns. because of all the clowns in washington

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DJ Moore is un loving real

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man.

Things don't look good for the Football Panthers of Carolina right now, do they?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This is the memorial Dick Butkus would've wanted.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
TNF games are just pure entertainment. Imagine giving up 40 to the Bears. Just drat.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Bears Commanders rushed for 29 yards :wtf:

e: sorry I meant WFT

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 6, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I found a place that sells Malort a few miles from where I live, gonna go buy a bottle in honor of DJ Moore and keep it around to prank friends/family

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MJeff posted:

Man.

Things don't look good for the Football Panthers of Carolina right now, do they?

I say this delicately because I don't want to hurt feelings and the jury's still out but...

could have had Stroud or Richardson

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I blame the writers' strike.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

AndrewP posted:

Bears rushed for 29 yards :wtf:

Some genius found out you can just throw against the Commies and get 15+ yards every time.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

maybe it wasn't the bears that turdified chase claypool

maybe clayppol further turdified the bears

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My guess here is they studied the tape extra hard and noticed that the commies don’t have a secondary and took the free W lol

I don’t see them continuing the streak against the vikings

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
DA BEARS

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

My guess here is they studied the tape extra hard and noticed that the commies don’t have a secondary and took the free W lol

I don’t see them continuing the streak against the vikings

Vikes are pretty much free yardage too

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Congrats Bears fans.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1710137763755077904

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

da bears

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1710137027583217979

God Magic rocks.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that's right magic

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Getting doubled up by the 2023 Bears is a special ignominy but I'm happy for Chicagoons

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Justin Fields is now tied for the league lead in TD passes, with Kirk Cousins

NFC North in a golden age of quarterbacking

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have never seen a bears wide receiver just absolutely dominate a game like that before

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it seems like chase claypool is the wr joe burrow

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

i have never seen a bears wide receiver just absolutely dominate a game like that before

I think there was one Alshon game, but yeah...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

that's right magic

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bears win and are still the leaders in the clubhouse for the number 1 overall pick

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Justin Fields….not bad? But DJ Moore….he’s good.

The Commanders, well, they need to burn all the trash out of the dumpster, get a new name that doesn’t suck, and start a new life. Perhaps one where they’re not literally less competent than the 2023 Denver Broncos…

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

pro starcraft loser posted:

Honestly Commanders...

Just forfeit. Don't tell anyone because the NFL will get all pissy.

But just...don't play. What is the point?

You lose in every "Prime" time game against loving gimmies every year for almost as long as I've watched.

You broke the Detroit streak, you got loving CRUSHED by the 2023 loving Bears AT HOME.

Don't take the injuries. Don't take the embarrassment.

Stay home you loving losers. Move to London so I can root for Baltimore with a clean conscience.

Go O's bitch.

this is what happens when you break the Ravens preseason streak

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Malort is 70 proof c'mon man

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Hot Diggity! posted:

Malort is 70 proof c'mon man

Feel like the problem with drinking a lot of Malort, based on what I've heard since I've yet to try it, isn't the alcohol

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Is it fair to say that the bears will now go undefeated straight to the playoffs?

Sources say maybe

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Another data point for those of us who insist you can't gauge any NFC East team by anything they do against other NFC East teams

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Washington has been stunningly mediocre for 30 years. Just season after season of .500ish football and bottom-half division finishes. Here’s to another one.

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Oct 6, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Living near the area (not being a fan but being around them) the vibe was definitely one of "Snyder's gone, this year's a win no matter what". Curious to see if that changes after literally making the worst team in the league look great on primetime

AndrewP posted:

Washington has been stunningly mediocre for 30 years. Just season after season of .500ish football and bottom-half division finishes. Here’s to another one.

Every decade of my lifetime they've gotten 10+ wins exactly once per decade

1994-2000: 1 (1999, 10-6)
2001-2010: 1 (2005, 10-6)
2011-2020: 1 (2012, 10-6)

It'll happen sometime in the next six years, since it hasn't happened in 2021 or 2022 and won't happen this year. Rest assured on two things: it will happen once, and it will absolutely be a fluke that doesn't happen again for a while after it does

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Dexo posted:

I think there was one Alshon game, but yeah...

Yea Alshon holds the record for most yards for a game against the Vikings. That guy was great for like 2 years.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1710188355000877247

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rivera is going to get immediately fired again by a new billionaire owner replacing the old ousted racist billionaire