Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

AndrewP posted:

Also Bobby Slowik is a Shanahan disciple who knows how call a good offense.

I could easily see him being a head coach in a couple of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AndrewP posted:

Also Bobby Slowik is a Shanahan disciple who knows how call a good offense.
Didnt I see people on this very forum claiming the guy was as dumb as a bag of rocks?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

MJeff posted:

I just remember back during the lead up to the draft hearing that ownership and the coaching staff were in a tug of war over which QB to pick. I don't remember who wanted who but. I'm assuming the owner got what he wanted.

Novelty qb puts butts in the seats

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kirios posted:

I could easily see him being a head coach in a couple of years.

Yup. For instance, Carolina should.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Anderson Koopa posted:

Hey the Giants can actually put points on the board. The Patriots don't have any offense, a tired / dead defense, and questionable special teams. Just terrible all around!. The only bright side is that drives ticket prices down, so I might be able to go to a game.

But at what cost?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pontius Pilate posted:

So does winning

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Rams won a superbowl two years ago and get overrun by visiting fans every home game

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

a neat cape posted:

The Rams won a superbowl two years ago and get overrun by visiting fans every home game

I wonder how many SBs they'd have to win in a decade to unseat USC as the top football draw in LA, let alone for them to get even close to Dodgers/Lakers in terms of fan support.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Stroud would be doing just as poorly as Young if the Panthers drafted him. I don't think any rookie QB would have success there.

This is also how Bears fans coped about Mahomes

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Papercut posted:

I wonder how many SBs they'd have to win in a decade to unseat USC as the top football draw in LA, let alone for them to get even close to Dodgers/Lakers in terms of fan support.

I think the problem is more Raider oriented.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Pontius Pilate posted:

Agreed it's time for Trey Lance Starting Cowboys QB

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

kiimo posted:

NFCN fans and QB Cope the perfect pairing*

(*Now in Green/Gold flavors)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

It is an objective fact.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Stroud would be doing just as poorly as Young if the Panthers drafted him. I don't think any rookie QB would have success there.

remember when the panthers spent years acquiring road grader offensive linemen, then Reich showed up and decided to make them all do zone blocking schemes they'd never had success in?

love this team. love it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Drunk Nerds posted:

I can see why, instead of debating whether the player taking his helmet off when he thinks it's a change of possession but maybe not is a penalty, the ref just said "put your helmet back on" and he did.

I think it was 100% a penalty and that ref crew is getting chewed out this week. I also think it was an absolutely terrible call to throw the DPI flag in the first place, but that's where the actual beef is if you want to have one.

Taking the helmet off is either a half yard penalty if they uphold the DPI, or half the distance to the goal and first down KC which the Chiefs would have happily taken. Like the helmet wasn't the game changing call one way or the other, it was just something that absolutely should have been called.

But it sure looks bad. Just like I think that was a hold against the Jets but goddamn does it sure look bad with the delayed flag. I definitely understand why people who may be more inclined to hate the Chiefs these days are annoyed.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

I think the problem is more Raider oriented.

Thats why the NFL let the Chargers move there instead of the Raiders. Kroenke didn't want his home stadium overrun by his tenants

Both teams would have more fan support if the Raiders got LA and the Chargers got Vegas

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
And also if the Raiders were good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Raiders being bad only really affects their home games. They'd sell out in LA regardless

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Didnt I see people on this very forum claiming the guy was as dumb as a bag of rocks?

It's possible they were talking about (or confused him with) his father, Bob Slowik, who was a bad defensive coordinator.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shrimpy posted:

It's possible they were talking about (or confused him with) his father, Bob Slowik, who was a bad defensive coordinator.
Ahh maybe thats it.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

a neat cape posted:

Thats why the NFL let the Chargers move there instead of the Raiders. Kroenke didn't want his home stadium overrun by his tenants

Both teams would have more fan support if the Raiders got LA and the Chargers got Vegas

The joint Chargers/Raiders stadium always made more sense to me than the Rams moving again.

Mega64 posted:

The Raiders are good tho.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MrLogan posted:

The joint Chargers/Raiders stadium always made more sense to me than the Rams moving again.

for refs to poop on

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

R.D. Mangles posted:

It is an objective fact.

I want to believe in an alternative world where Andy Reid schemed Mitch Trubisky into Canton.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A friend of mine owns a house in Inglewood and said literally property values went up the day it was announced the Rams and Chargers would go there but not the Raiders

It's absolutely racist but it happened

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
As in the day it was announced there was a wide spread increase in all homes within a 5 mile radius or what

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Home value has a couple different ways to determine it. You can get it appraised against three comparables in your area or you can check the county assessor's office. I'm not sure which one he was referring to but it was widely known in his neighborhood that if the Raiders were coming it would slow or possibly decrease property values in Inglewood but the Rams came so it went up. How long did it actually take or were these reactionary voices?

I don't know, I mean how much your home is worth is truly dependent on how much somebody will buy it for so that's like not an instant way to determine.

It would be wild if it was the county values and taxes immediately went up. Unsurprising but wild.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Zestimates through the roof! I actually have no idea how the do it differently than the standard 3 home zip comp
(I’m picking on him, not you, so apologies if it came off that way. i just hear companies or investors say X Y definitely caused an increase to home values!! Or something similar so much as a real estate attorney so I had to take a laugh)

I fully believe the prices skyrocketed when they announced teams coming. The area around hard rock stadium was simply awful in the 90s/00s then when they built up everything to host super bowls you say guys raise their home values by 20%

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You're a real estate attorney? Lol at me trying to inform you on appraisals ignore me

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

MrLogan posted:

You can't just say poo poo like this without divulging exactly what drugs you're on because I too, would like to be so high that the Raiders look like a good team!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kiimo posted:

You're a real estate attorney? Lol at me trying to inform you on appraisals ignore me

Sadly yes I get to argue with overly entitled rich kids buying houses I’ll never afford.. on a daily basis lol

Also - I couldn’t help myself so had to look it up. Your buddy might’ve been right

https://rebackops.com/do-new-nfl-stadiums-affect-residential-real-estate/

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Amy Pole Her posted:

Zestimates through the roof! I actually have no idea how the do it differently than the standard 3 home zip comp
(I’m picking on him, not you, so apologies if it came off that way. i just hear companies or investors say X Y definitely caused an increase to home values!! Or something similar so much as a real estate attorney so I had to take a laugh)

I fully believe the prices skyrocketed when they announced teams coming. The area around hard rock stadium was simply awful in the 90s/00s then when they built up everything to host super bowls you say guys raise their home values by 20%

the zestimates are surprisingly complex on the backend.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9tts54YuXU

This is the first time maybe ever that JT O'Sullivan has said a lot of nice things about the Ravens passing scheme.

Also the Ravens receivers have seemed to develop a habit of jumping for balls they don't need to jump for

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
lmao tj watt loving throat punching that one receiver

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think Tepper needs to gently caress right off because the last thing a head coach needs is to be micro managed. JFC, I don't care how good Stroud looks - he had like 3 dropped INTs against Atlanta alone. The dudes going to be a good player, so is Bryce. It's just going to take more time for the latter because the offensive roster is dogshit at the skill positions and they lost two guards 5 minutes into week 1.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

This is the first time maybe ever that JT O'Sullivan has said a lot of nice things about the Ravens passing scheme.

Also the Ravens receivers have seemed to develop a habit of jumping for balls they don't need to jump for

Thanks for this I wasnt aware of this channel. I enjoy these kinds of play dissections like how he talks about the mark andrews td drop and that might have been meant for Flowers. Ive watched half the video ill watch the other half later.

Also interesting that while Lamar is definitely making his reads and throwing accurately his ball placement is often slightly off which hurts YAC potential. Coincidentally I remember Flacco having the same issue

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

BlindSite posted:

I think Tepper needs to gently caress right off because the last thing a head coach needs is to be micro managed. JFC, I don't care how good Stroud looks - he had like 3 dropped INTs against Atlanta alone. The dudes going to be a good player, so is Bryce. It's just going to take more time for the latter because the offensive roster is dogshit at the skill positions and they lost two guards 5 minutes into week 1.

The more owners meddle, the worse they tend to make things. They should only step in to fix massive fuckups.

If loving Jed York can learn to let his team do their thing, why can't other owners?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Mega64 posted:

The more owners meddle, the worse they tend to make things. They should only step in to fix massive fuckups.

If loving Jed York can learn to let his team do their thing, why can't other owners?

Because they're way smarter than those other owners. All the people around them tell them so!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

AndrewP posted:

Very unfortunate cropping when seeing this on mobile…

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

BlindSite posted:

Why are you so confident that Bryce Young is going to be a good player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hopium, copium, whatever it is … we all got it bad