Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mega64 posted:

The more owners meddle, the worse they tend to make things. They should only step in to fix massive fuckups.

If loving Jed York can learn to let his team do their thing, why can't other owners?

Most owners aren’t blessed with a coach who will tell him to get the hell out of the locker room because it’s for grown men only :lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Professor Funk posted:

Why are you so confident that Bryce Young is going to be a good player?

It's literally week 6 of his rookie year

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bryce has obvious talent. I think in the long run, he'll probably figure it out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Docjowles posted:

Most owners aren’t blessed with a coach who will tell him to get the hell out of the locker room because it’s for grown men only :lmao:

The funny thing was that Harbaugh probably didn't even think he was being rude. It wasn't grown men, it was just 'this is for the men' which is just how his weird rear end head talks about his players. Jed York took it the other way.

I think there's a non-zero chance he would have gone to Michigan anyway, he's not hurting there. But it gave us a whole lot of drama on the way out.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

“Tepper stopped hurney from trading up for Justin Herbert” I continue to mumble to myself in my locked room while facility staff try to break through the barricade

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MJeff posted:

Bryce has obvious talent. I think in the long run, he'll probably figure it out.

But will his tiny frail body survive long enough to make it to the long run?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

E: 100% wrong thread

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

YOLOsubmarine posted:

But will his tiny frail body survive long enough to make it to the long run?

Has he considered telling pass rushers that it's his birthday?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

a neat cape posted:

It's literally week 6 of his rookie year

Do you think he's going to get taller by Week 14?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Professor Funk posted:

Some people are late bloomers, okay?

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Very unfortunate cropping when seeing this on mobile…

It took me scrolling past 3 of these before I realized that wasn’t Ryan Reynolds. And for some reason I never questioned why he would be on a football video.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

My real question as to which of the rookie qbs will be good is about Anthony Richardson tbh, mostly because of getting hurt and unable to complete 3 of the 4 games he’s played so far. At this point he’s getting so consistently hurt so frequently in almost every game he starts it feels like he’s absolutely gonna be one of those busts that we wonder how good he could have been if he was healthy, your RGIII style busts and whatnot.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

latinotwink1997 posted:

It took me scrolling past 3 of these before I realized that wasn’t Ryan Reynolds. And for some reason I never questioned why he would be on a football video.

My version of this is still seeing the Vols coach (?) av and needing to remind myself every single time that it's not Bobby Moynihan.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

My version of this is still seeing the Vols coach (?) av and needing to remind myself every single time that it's not Bobby Moynihan.

Heupel really leaned into looking like a guy where I'm like...yeah that guy coaches the Vols when I see him.

Which is working out more or less alright for them so do what you do.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

NieR Occomata posted:

My real question as to which of the rookie qbs will be good is about Anthony Richardson tbh, mostly because of getting hurt and unable to complete 3 of the 4 games he’s played so far. At this point he’s getting so consistently hurt so frequently in almost every game he starts it feels like he’s absolutely gonna be one of those busts that we wonder how good he could have been if he was healthy, your RGIII style busts and whatnot.

i mean Richardson had similar issues in college, he would pull off an electric run, one or two dope passes, gently caress up some easy passes, and then limp off the field. he's the same guy he's always been except now everyone's hitting him harder.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Professor Funk posted:

Bryce Young on the 2 year IR for height surgery.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Don't you have have to be thiiiiiiiiis tall to ride the IR

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Bryce Young to trailblaze cleats with lifts

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

Why are you so confident that Bryce Young is going to be a good player?

Because I've followed this sport for 23 years and he has already shown a lot of talent.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

When's he gonna show it to people who watch him play

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

When his coaches unfuck themselves and we sign a receiver who can receive and a running back who can gain more than 2.7ypc.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

How about Mecole Hardman instead?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Not gonna lie I'd take Mecole back just for the jet sweeps. He's not a good receiver per se, but that is his skill and he is damned good at it.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

BlindSite posted:

When his coaches unfuck themselves and we sign a receiver who can receive and a running back who can gain more than 2.7ypc.

Isn't Terrace Marshall healthy now? Why's Thielen getting every target?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Forrest on Fire posted:

Isn't Terrace Marshall healthy now? Why's Thielen getting every target?

because Terrace Marshall is a bad wide receiver

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Alaois posted:

because Terrace Marshall is a bad wide receiver
Its this.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Not gonna lie I'd take Mecole back just for the jet sweeps. He's not a good receiver per se, but that is his skill and he is damned good at it.

Bawh god thats Tavon Austins music

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Because I've followed this sport for 23 years and he has already shown a lot of talent.

You’re firmly in phase 1 of the natural cycle of realizing your young QB is a bust. I’ve been there.

Anyways here’s this

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1712501900996694389?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Before you give up on Bryce entirely it really can’t be said enough how bad coaching can ruin a kid. Tua is in the MVP convo after dealing with that failure currently in Minnesota. He was basically being run out of the league. Granted, Bryce seems to actually have support from his coach which is already a huge step up compared to Flores and Tua but still a lesser degree

Bryce might be a similar story

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Amy Pole Her posted:

Maybe, but it will be a much shorter story

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

If anything the Tua / Josh Allen ascensions shows the most important thing for young QBs is trade for some elite receiving talent.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Before you give up on Bryce entirely it really can’t be said enough how bad coaching can ruin a kid. Tua is in the MVP convo after dealing with that failure currently in Minnesota. He was basically being run out of the league. Granted, Bryce seems to actually have support from his coach which is already a huge step up compared to Flores and Tua but still a lesser degree

TBF I never said it would be all his fault. :smug:

But seriously, he's tiny and he just might not be able to manage an NFL pocket (and thus an NFL pass rush) as well as he did in college. Plus he has a coach who apparently didn't want him. He could obviously turn it around, but it's not a combo that makes you optimistic.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

really queer Christmas posted:

Maybe, but it will be a much shorter story

A shorter story, true, but one that must still be told in multiple parts.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Professor Funk posted:

TBF I never said it would be all his fault. :smug:

But seriously, he's tiny and he just might not be able to manage an NFL pocket (and thus an NFL pass rush) as well as he did in college. Plus he has a coach who apparently didn't want him. He could obviously turn it around, but it's not a combo that makes you optimistic.

If he ever gets a pocket I'll let you know how he manages it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Professor Funk posted:

You’re firmly in phase 1 of the natural cycle of realizing your young QB is a bust. I’ve been there.

Anyways here’s this

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1712501900996694389?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

uh oh

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Steichen has kept things relatively simple for Richardson, and it worked out well for him besides the whole "made out of glass" aspect.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

this is like the third week in a row this story has come out.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Paint Crop Pro posted:

If anything the Tua / Josh Allen ascensions shows the most important thing for young QBs is trade for some elite receiving talent.

Or, and just hear me out, pay 150% above market for OBJ years past his prime.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
They’re paying him that much? Pathetic.

https://x.com/andrewmarchand/status/1712524656979194145?s=46

Oops. Wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

soggybagel posted: