Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

teen witch posted:

Also lol Gina Carano in the Bag Fumblers Hall of Fame. Girl you had not just Disney money, you had Star Wars money.

Lmao yeah she was primed to take off on her own Star Wars spinoff and poo poo from this. Way to blow up your career just as it launched. I saw a trailer and her promoting some Chud movie that looked godawful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BlGeKFEX1M

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I don't know why I feel so compelled to stand up for Henry Cavil, I know nothing about him as a person, but dating someone you're attracted to is how you find out if you're compatible. Judge people by who they formed long term committed relationships with not who they went out with a few times.

To my understanding (I dont follow pop tabloid stuff much) Cavil dated Carano, dated someone else, went back to Carano, then moved on. Also he made at best tone deaf comments about #metoo and there's a fair bit of rumors about him being a misogynist to the women writers and producers of the Witcher etc but again, just rumors so idk. He might be a solid dude but he's gotten enough bad press I'd be reluctant to just outright support him.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Small potatoes, but formally popular film reviewer/blogger Devin Faraci made a Twitter post, angry at Trump's "grab 'em by the pussy" comment. Then someone replied to the tweet with "you actually did that to me, remember?" and all of his lovely behavior came to light almost immediately. Fired from all his sites, persona non grata at all the cool film premieres and so on. When other people hired him to do some copy writing there was uproar and he slinked off to the shadows.

Totally forgot that one

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

IIRC Heigl was calling out a bunch of lovely male behavior

I've only heard of a lot of stuff about her being super toxic to work with but yeah that could have all been in reprisal I guess?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

emSparkly posted:

When a bunch of men decide a woman is a huge bitch and impossible to work with, it's wise to approach those claims with skepticism at first.

Yeah totally. I get that.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Mozi posted:

i thought those rumors turned out to have been spread by the Witcher showrunner after he was canned for arguing with their terrible decisions

I don't know if that's ever been confirmed or not tbh, but like I said I dont follow pop news much beyond seeing an occasional headline. Given that its two less known female employees who have more to lose and Cavil's tone deaf metoo stuff in the past its to me at least worth noting. He definitely doesn't have some obvious cancel worthy scandal out there that is known so my opinion on him stays cautiously neutral.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

bradzilla posted:

oh my sweet summer child

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1878052&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

the op was deleted during the meltdown but the rest is there

That thread made me realize that Arzy comes back in 4 months (if they want to).

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

They got done dirty.

Cancel Culture indeed.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Disco Pope posted:

Yeah, they're not biggest act in the world big anymore, but I thought they were still pretty successful?

They went from best selling female artists of all time / on every station and network in the country iirc to basically nothing for more than a decade. They've come back a bit but its orders of magnitude less it seems. I'm glad they're doing good and getting work tho.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

redshirt posted:

LOL I just want to laugh at those clowns behind Game of Thrones.

And this quote lives "rent free" in my head still:

"Danni kinda forgot about the Iron Fleet"

What was that quote from?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

poo poo i cant find it but there was some great article showing how GoT got so bad it actually decreased streaming of the earlier seasons and showed how shows of similar popularity on the platform got aggressively rewatched and GoT did too until about 1.5 seasons from the end then like comparatively no one watches it anymore.

I cant find the article though, sound familiar to anyone else?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Me either but I'm not at all surprised, the ending just loving destroyed the show's legacy, conversation about it stopped dead. I've never quite seen anything like it.

Yeah from what I remembered it was wild, you could see the legacy die lol

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

naem posted:

don’t announce in the classroom that you are in an open relationship with your older husband you married for money, that he doesn’t know but it’s happening anyway, and that you are taking auditions for partners in your office after class,

and then don’t heavily favor those you chose to apparently sleep with, making entire class sessions a display of your favorite side-piece’s coursework as if hosts on a talk show (true story)

Jesus wept

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

naem posted:

academia is pretty much a reality show

Oh, I am a college professor, am in my own special hell of bullshit rn but yours is a pretty outstanding story.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Looks like teen witch's posting career just died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I'm in my early 40s and even thinking about trying to have any kind of romantic / sexual interaction or discussion with someone who is 20 years old just feels creepy and kind of weird.

So yeah that was hosed up Bill, Monica was 6 years older than his daughter Chelsea....