Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

dr_rat posted:

And to this day no one is quite show why.

It was nepotism if I recall. He was the son or nephew of some studio exec I believe. Something like that, something not at all surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Jelly posted:

Kramer saying the 'n' word

Counterpoint: Seinfeld already ended, so his career was already over.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
A lot of Seinfeld folks went on to continue their careers.

Cosmo "N Word" Kramer was not one of them, hence being in a not very notable standup position at the time lol

In fact Jason Alexander, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Wayne Knight and yes, even Seinfeld himself went on to do stuff after.

I think Michael Richards is one of the few people from the show that didn't do *stuff* after. Well, stuff that got him paid anyway.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Never support celebrities, they can pay people to do that, don't do it for free.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Toxic Mental posted:

Imagine how Nicolas Cage must feel. Remember what Roger Ebert said about him: "Cage is a good actor in good movies, and an almost indispensable actor in bad ones."

I would love being described like that. When you're surrounded by great performances you are simply part of them, but you're the superhero schlock needs. Hell yeah.

Also on mc chris, showing my terrible memories of being a teen, there was also something about him basically burning bridges with a lot of other artists in the "scene" that caused a lot of bad blood. I think there was something about stiffing MC Lars for money or something.

Which like, that dude's career peaked with Download this Song, like two decades ago or something lol he doesn't have money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

mannerup posted:

you can't leave out his crystal skull vodka business

Bless this insane man. Look, I can handle insane if everyone says you're amazing to work with and very kind. Let him have his little drinking skulls. Waaaay better than Chase. I hope he gets to work for as long as he wants, being a kook and kind :3: