Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Phil Fish cancelling Fez 2 in a twitter meltdown comes to mind.

e: and in a similar vein Johnathan Blow crying over Soulja Boy should have convinced everyone to drop him like a bad habit well before the conspiracy crap.

emSparkly fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Oct 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

The very instant CM Punk got suspended from AEW I think it was pretty clear he was not gonna be back in the ring ever again. Maybe he'll cameo in some local Chicago indie promotion but after that he's cooked.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Roleplaying Dad posted:

Was that before or after he tossed his Grammy in the toilet, pissed on it, and posted it on Twitter? Because I think it was then that he was more mental illness than man and he made everybody feel bad for Kim Kardashian and it was...over.

No, people were still on team Kanye for that poo poo. And for his crazy Christian phase, and all this other crap that would have destroyed anyone else that slid for Kanye because he's hip-hop's quirky David Lynch type guy. He had to become a nazi for it all to finally scare off fans and money.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Funky See Funky Do posted:

He hasn't made a comeback right? I don't keep up with much but I'm positive I haven't heard about a Mel Gibson movie in 10 or more years.

Hacksaw Ridge won a couple oscars iirc

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

That Works posted:

I've only heard of a lot of stuff about her being super toxic to work with but yeah that could have all been in reprisal I guess?

When a bunch of men decide a woman is a huge bitch and impossible to work with, it's wise to approach those claims with skepticism at first.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdCYMvaUcrA&t=25s

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Michael Madsen in the early 90s had a lot of heat after Reservoir Dogs & Thelma & Louise but opted to play Virgil Earp rather than Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction, & while Travolta got an Oscar nomination & a career second wind, Madsen had a whole lotta nothing until Kill Bill 2, then back to obscurity.

Bringing up Kill Bill reminds me of Vivica A. Fox and how she was in the loving Cool Cat movie, which seems like it totally didn't end her career at all thankfully.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Horrible atrocities are so common among old SNL people that I just stay away from all their poo poo. Even "good ones" like Aykroyd had to have totally known all the disgusting poo poo that was happening and just let it happen anyway.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Edward Mass posted:

John Landis’ directing career died when Vic Morrow was decapitated, I forgot about that.

And his son's directing career ended with Bright lmao.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Suicide Squad really should have been the end of Leto's acting career but the dude only seems able to fail upward so I highly doubt we've seen the last of him.

Remember when he started a cult?

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Extra Large Marge posted:

When Rhonda Rousey fought against someone who knew how to defend against an armbar (Holly Holm).

Rhonda Rousey, what a joke. She couldn't loving fight so she pitched a fit as soon as she got beat and defected to WWE. She went TERF and was stunt cast in Mortal Kombat 11 but after that I think she disappeared.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Hinsion forgot the Early was just supposed to be a character he was playing, not a real person he should act like in real life.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

teen witch posted:

I’m a fan of Squidbillies and Hinson fully deserved to get shitcanned to the moon for what he said. There is no defense nor “but it is joke” bullshit to justify it. Sorry the world has changed and his dumbass ran back in time.

:yeah:

I can't believe I didn't watch Squidbillies until this year. Show kicks rear end. Glad we can watch it without him getting any royalties (I think).

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

Adult Swim didn't give C. Martin Croker or Carey Means jack poo poo, I can't imagine they're paying anyone else.

poo poo, Dana Snyder did a cameo about slurp juicing apes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUaaGRLEbm0

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

And we still have 976 years to go before the end of the new Willennium.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Kevin Smith is the guy who makes movies that people will bring up a conversation on bad movies and I’ll just go “What do you mean? That one’s good.”

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Led Zeppelin can eat my rear end lmao. Fuckin plagiarized dadrock played by a child molester.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

The only Connery movie you need to see is that 1 minute section of the one where he says “you’re the man now dog”

Also Highlander.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Big shows have pre recorded audio piped in all the time. Whether it’s for lip syncing or because they don’t have a guy to play the 3rd guitar part live or any other reason. Unless it’s like, a jazz concert or some diy punk show where you expect the playing and singing to be real, I don’t really care.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sorta. they made 2 shrek movies, neither of which i saw. then they made 2 puss in boots movies, the newest one being apperently really good.

They made 4 Shrek movies, 2 Puss in Boots movies, and supposedly there’s another Shrek in the works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

teen witch posted:

God I hope fat suits are a dead career. They always look terrible and we have had and currently have fat actors.

Well bad news, Brendan Frasier won an Oscar a couple years ago for a fat suit performance.