Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWJCfbMw0Yo

her little awkward jig gets me every time lmao

For me it's the seasoned session musicians exchanging knowing smiles as they watch the clock run out on another fifteen minutes of fame.

Look at their faces: they knew this would happen, and now they are finally free. It's beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

To be fair she already reached the absolute top of worldwide stardom and was there for a decade and made like $300 million. At that point she could basically make armpit noises and she'd still be bulletproof and nothing she could do would matter anyways because what's another hundred million gonna do? Might as well just do some goofy poo poo or whatever you want and who cares what anyone thinks, your "downfall" will never actually see you hit the ground no matter what you put out

Case in point: she's been a borderline sexual predator for over a decade and she can still do no wrong in her demographic. gently caress her, may her uterus slough through her pelvic floor and into a storm drain.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

https://slate.com/culture/2019/08/katy-perry-sexual-harassment-teenage-dream.html

She also has an exhaustive legacy of kissing, groping, and just generally sexualizing the hell out of teenagers. She did it to Sean Mendes, she did it to an American Idol contestant, she did it on a talk show.

Here's a classic example of her doing it to Bo Burnham. He handles it really well IMO but you can tell it was extremely uncomfortable.

She and Brand were really perfect for each other, can't believe it didn't work for them. Here's what she had to say when she was called out for trying to kiss a Russian talk show host without consent:

Katy Perry posted:

I don’t want to say ‘guilty until proven innocent’ but there’s no checks and balances: A headline just flies, right? And there’s no investigation of what it is. I don’t want to add to the noise. I want to add to the truth, basically. I don’t comment on all the things that are said about me because if I chase that dragon, it would be about true and false-ing my whole life. It’s distracting from the real movement.

The "movement" in question was #metoo. Huge piece of poo poo. Huge.

Modal Auxiliary fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 11, 2023

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

best bale posted:

:eng101:They realized how lovely their name was and changed it

Some of their bluegrass stuff slaps extremely hard too, these chicks are alright by basically every metric that matters.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

JnnyThndrs posted:

I’m so old that I remember well-known football analyst and point-spread maven Jimmy the Greek destroying his entire career one day by postulating on network TV that black athletes were better because slave owners selectively bred them for strength and size.

Even in the Bad Old Days of 1988, that was too much, and that was pretty much the end of him.

Also shoutout to Howard Cosell's "little monkey" comment for raising the casual racism commentary bar way back in '83.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

bro he had a rape button installed in his desk.

:what:

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Bonzo posted:

I'm waiting for someone to write a fantasy sci-fi themed space opera and we have have Space Dragons.

I think Piers Anthony did something like this, but I recommend waiting for someone who isn't a mask-off pedophile to crack at it.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Thom Brennaman was a Major League Baseball commentator and he dropped the f-slur on a hot mic. This led to the worst apology of all time and a meme in which our own SAS subforum references.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LECJbMDhJQ

He's now broadcasting high school sports

So this video led me to a truly amazing discovery. I am not a baseball fan, but as I understand it, Nick Castellanos (the dude who interrupted Brennaman with a home run) has some sort of latent superpower that activates every time he senses a commentator trying to be deadly serious about something.

It's like an absurdist sketch comedy bit. Nobody is allowed to eulogize or memorialize or apologize without this dude just absolutely cranking a loving dinger. Next time I receive really terrible news I'm going to assume Nick Castellanos is hitting a home run about it somewhere.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

The most annoying thing about the final season is that the first episode back they had Walton Goggins on as a guest star and he would have been an amazing Early.

The newest season of Rick and Morty just aired with the replacement voices and they're pretty good. If you didn't know you probably wouldn't have noticed anything different about those characters. Although the premiere did have Mr Poopybutthole in it and he was voiced by a new actor too which was noticeable.

The new Rick/Morty VAs actually sound really solid, it's a shame they couldn't find somebody else to do the other 200 characters Roiland voiced. Also a shame that the writing went to absolute poo poo and they completely wasted Hugh Jackman. It felt almost exactly like an AI-generated script. Hot, hot trash all the way up to the incredibly cringy post-credits tag.

Not even sure why they're carrying on, tbh. There's no shame in saying "hey look the life's blood of this program was actually a huge piece of poo poo so we're just gonna shut it down here, thanks for the memories." Is the fan base still rabid enough to tolerate this hot, wet feces?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005