Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Did you have dessert today? There's always room for it, you know.

Post itt if you had a lil (or a lot) somethin sweet.

I made myself a little milkshake tonight. spoonful of ovaltine, some milk, and a few scoops of peanut butter ice cream. it was lovely. I'm bummed i'm out of said ice cream because i'd totally have another tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
I got some vanilla ice cream hiding in the freezer and i was thinking about making up a salted caramel sauce for it just today

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
We went on vacation a month ago and got a bit burned out on sweets so it's been a while since I had dessert, but my wife suggested we get some cookies for after dinner tonight. I got double chocolate chip which is not my favorite but they're good enough, especially with milk.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I honestly don't even like cake or pie or ice cream that much but I will eat Warheads until my tongue bleeds, sour supremacy

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

great big cardboard tube posted:

I honestly don't even like cake or pie or ice cream that much but I will eat Warheads until my tongue bleeds, sour supremacy

hey, no judgment. Enjoy what you enjoy. :cheers:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Almost time to hit the Farmer Joe’s bakery to get a fat brick of tiramisu.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I just made an Orange Julius in my magic bullet.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

just a glass of fruit juice please

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I had some Trader Joes ice cream and it's pretty good but all of their ice cream freezes ridiculously hard. Even with an actual ice cream scoop serving that stuff is like chiseling cement.

I made some arepas yesterday. Are desert arepas a thing? Seems like there's potential there.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Last night I had a creme brulee and some flambaid bananas

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

had some homemade lemon pistachio torrone

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I had a hot fudge sundae at a place called Grumpy’s today. Was excellent.

I also baked some homemade banana bread over the weekend because I had soft bananas I didn’t want going to waste.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Aishlinn posted:

Did you have dessert today? There's always room for it, you know.

Post itt if you had a lil (or a lot) somethin sweet.

I made myself a little milkshake tonight. spoonful of ovaltine, some milk, and a few scoops of peanut butter ice cream. it was lovely. I'm bummed i'm out of said ice cream because i'd totally have another tomorrow.
Chocolate peanut butter ice cream is my very favorite

I have it twice a year, bday and xmas

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
I made some chocolate chip cookies tonight. They turned out not quite as well as I had hoped but they were still good.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Speaking of cookies, what are y’all’s preference on how long chocolate chip cookies are baked? Soft and gooey, or firm and just right?

I’ll be the odd one out and say I love to burn them a little where the bottoms are black because there’s something about the bitterness and sweetness mixed together with a nice crunch. Of course, this is if I’m baking them for myself or someone that likes them like that. If I were baking them for a pot luck or party something I’d make them a little soft. Soft cookies please everyone, I think.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

You Are A Elf posted:

Speaking of cookies, what are y’all’s preference on how long chocolate chip cookies are baked? Soft and gooey, or firm and just right?

I’ll be the odd one out and say I love to burn them a little where the bottoms are black because there’s something about the bitterness and sweetness mixed together with a nice crunch. Of course, this is if I’m baking them for myself or someone that likes them like that. If I were baking them for a pot luck or party something I’d make them a little soft. Soft cookies please everyone, I think.

chocolate chip i like still a little bit soft, but not mushy. I have a weird liking for those terrible break and bake sugar cookies, and i like them way underdone.

unrelated i think soon i'm going to make a crock pot cake when my friends are over. either a chocolate cherry one, or a spice cake and apple one.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm soaking raisins in spiced rum to use in zucchini bread tomorrow.
Shush, raisins kick rear end.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I must cultivate dessert power

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

You Are A Elf posted:

I’ll be the odd one out and say I love to burn them a little where the bottoms are black because there’s something about the bitterness and sweetness mixed together with a nice crunch. Of course, this is if I’m baking them for myself or someone that likes them like that.

oh gently caress yeah :twisted: someone knows what's up

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
I had Nutella on graham crackers

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

A cup of cheap Italian mango gelato from H-E-B.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Every day I will eat a big bowl of cereal or a peanut butter and jam with banana or a sleeve or cookies or something yummy. I earned em.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Charles Bukowski posted:

Every day I will eat a big bowl of cereal or a peanut butter and jam with banana or a sleeve or cookies or something yummy. I earned em.

worlds not getting any younger

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

You Are A Elf posted:

100% crunchy. That’s why I do not get the obsession with Crumbl and their gross soft-rear end cookies.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

The sequel to dessert

punct
Jan 9, 2022

Das Boo posted:

I'm soaking raisins in spiced rum to use in zucchini bread tomorrow.
Shush, raisins kick rear end.

raisins already kick rear end. but rum raisins? perfect

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

went grocery shopping last night and at Aldi I picked up some Moser Roth Madagascan Vanilla white chocolate. Best white chocolate I've ever had.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

punct posted:

raisins already kick rear end. but rum raisins? perfect

It's so loving good! Kraken somehow turns raisin flavor into RAISIN flavor.

It's essentially this banana bread recipe, but with works great with zucchini and pumpkin and whatever the hell else you're jonesin' for:
https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/rum_raisin_banana_bread/

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Key lime pie > all other pies

You Are A Elf posted:

Szyznyk posted:

100% crunchy. That’s why I do not get the obsession with Crumbl and their gross soft-rear end cookies.

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being softest and 10 being firmest/crunchiest, I prefer my cookies at around a 2 1/2. I had Imsomnia cookies in a "fool me twice, shame on me" kind of situation because I legit thought they had initially sent me an undercooked batch by accident. Those cookies were like, a -2 on the firmness scale, and they turned me off of soft cookies for some time.

great big cardboard tube posted:

:hmmyes:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I don't really have a sweet tooth but I do like fruit.

I've got a ripe mango. I'll cut it into wedges and scoop the innards of a passion fruit over the top of it. Then add a dollop of greek yoghurt with some finely shredded fresh mint in it.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
My favorite alpha-male influencer replacement daddy told me only beta males eat dessert

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Cream puffs are good and not common enough and I would like one right now.

Chocolate on top or just plain, they’re both a good time

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I like a nice cinnamon babka

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Valko posted:

I've got a ripe mango. I'll cut it into wedges and scoop the innards of a passion fruit over the top of it. Then add a dollop of greek yoghurt with some finely shredded fresh mint in it.

This sounds yummy

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Bubblies individually wrapped Mochi down the drain!

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I made apple and blackberry crumble on Sunday, and it was the tits, the quality of the fruit is paramount, and I lucked out with some Lord Derby cooking apples (a variety I'd never heard of before) and some blackberries the size of my thumb. Topped with clotted cream.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I think I'll have a small bowl of yogurt with chocolate müsli. Thanks for suggesting OP! :)

zone
Dec 6, 2016
Went to my favorite ice cream parlor this afternoon and had two scoops of chocolate peanut butter ice cream.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

YeahTubaMike posted:

Key lime pie > all other pies

correct

Valko posted:

I am not a big fruit enjoyer personally but only because most fruits are not mangos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I have both cookbooks from Claire Saffitz and I don't care how many days they've shaved off my life

Currently got her Minty Lime Bars sitting in our fridge and I'm probably gonna whip up a Meyer lemon tart or carrot cake in the next week or two