Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I like profiteroles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i got a freezer bag full of maraschino cherries that i knew nobody would want these past two decades, and now, i'm gonna loving eat em 😎

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

My favorite dessert is a raspberry tart from a local bakery. Raspberries in a sort of syrup on top of a not-quite-cookie, not-quite-cake base with a layer of marzipan between the two.

:kiss:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I just checked none of you finished your peas and beans.

None of you get any dessert until you finish your peas and beans. :colbert:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Jelly posted:

worlds not getting any younger

Mmm Jelly is good too. What does you mean friend?

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

yum. had a few slices of aldi pumpkin cake. delicious. super soft and fluffy.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

My mom made an ube mochi cake that I've been picking at for a day or two. It's got a great texture.

I like baking but my stuff isn't nice-looking enough for me to wanna share so I just end up eating it all by myself, so I have slowed down on baking, as my sweet tooth is killer.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Doc Fission posted:

My mom made an ube mochi cake that I've been picking at for a day or two. It's got a great texture.

I like baking but my stuff isn't nice-looking enough for me to wanna share so I just end up eating it all by myself, so I have slowed down on baking, as my sweet tooth is killer.

Taste > Style when it comes to home cooking. if it tastes good, who cares? I make fried rice all the time and it always looks like a bowl of brown glop, but man does it taste good.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

I only bake pies around the holidays coming up. Usually it’s pecan pie, key lime, and I will also make a chocolate pudding pie in graham cracker crust with a half inch of Cool whip on top that is kind of simple (e- instant pudding is best) but my mom made it for me as a kid and people just love it.

For the key lime I’ve made graham cracker crust once but it’s such a pain. Yes, superior to store bought but not sure I can do it again.

Sprouts near me used to carry French imported macarons that were to die for but they stopped. My guess is they’d have to charge $15 a box to make money now and don’t think they’ll sell. They were 10.99…

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Been thinking about some of the things I ate as an unsupervised child.

When I came home from school I would take a banana and put it in a bridge roll - hot dog style. There might be a squirt of raspberry syrup up one side and a spread of nutella or chocolate and peanutbutter up the other - like the mustard and ketchup on a hot dog.

Sometimes I would do it differently with two slices of white bread - with banana slices and the same condiments. Sometimes that bread was toasted. I honestly made some of my older relatives wince when they seen me doing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I'm not one with that much of a sweet tooth (except ice cream) so I don't eat dessert that often. Last night I got to have a free dinner for a continuing education seminar and had a giant piece of chocolate cake, it was really good.