Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I just like it when positions other than QB get the MVP award so I root for that to happen, its novel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

Dork stats for weeks 9 - 16 for people who take stock in the dork stats

If I'm reading this right, this shows that Justin Fields grades out as almost a perfectly average QB at the end of the day?

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Sam Howell has been sacked 60 times this season? Thats legitimately impressive

I remember when poor hapless David Carr set an all time record for # of times being sacked with 76 back in 2002. If you try hard enough Sam, you can get there buddy!

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Fun fact: Sam Howell’s 2023 season would almost certainly set a Chicago Bears franchise record by yardage

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

I wasn't super paying attention to the 2023 QB Draft class but after watching Bryce Young play this year I am astonished scouts were able to gaslight themselves into thinking he was worth the 1st overall pick. Dude may...have an outside shot at being an NFL caliber player but I don't see how physically anyone could talk themselves into thinking he deserved the 1st overall much less trading the next 5 years of your franchise capital for him.

He's too loving small man. Sometimes players, like Drew Brees, can overcome that, but they need to be otherworldly in other aspects. He hasn't shown that propensity yet.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

I don't think I saw Young complete a pass between the numbers until 3:10 in the video. There's a couple decent throws in there (and a fantastic touch deep ball) but otherwise... Woof. Yeah, there's a ton of pressure in his face, but he's also missing on some of the quick dump off stuff as well. And there's at least 2 missed interceptions.

I dunno, you don't get to 66th in EPA per play without it being a lot on you.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

As a Bears fan, it disturbs me to read how so many of the defenses of Young sound like what we've been saying about Fields for the last few years.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

Pretty pretty good

I was on board with this chart until I saw where Nick Mullens was rated

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Yeah there are absolutely a bunch of QBs I'd take over Stroud if I needed to play a game tomorrow. But if I just became the General Manager of a team this second, Stroud is, without question, the most valuable asset you can have. An elite level QB entering the 2nd year of his rookie contract. Thats unfathomable.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Every defense in the modern NFL is bad if they can't get pressure. It's pretty much the only thing that counteracts the way passing games have developed and how the game has been called the last 15 or so years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

I'm convinced with each dismissive comment made of Brock Purdy's ability the 49ers will win the Super Bowl. It doesn't matter if Purdy plays like poo poo, each time someone says "he isn't that good, he has an amazing surrounding cast", it powers another play where a ball flies off a defenders face mask into a receiver's hands. It is known.