Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

lets kick the logic of this stupid award up another notch

Purdy is even more clearly the MVP now, just look how bad they lost when he didn't play well, and CMC/Shanahan couldn't bail the team out

haters with their system QB claims totally owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Alaois posted:

counterpoint: the one touchdown the 9ers scored before garbage time and involved an actual drive down the field was entirely based on CMC running the ball or catching the ball in the backfield, and then Kyle decided he didn't want to do that anymore and Brock threw another 2 picks

awful offense that can only score one TD in non-garbage time unless their MVP is carrying them, correct

fraud coach/RB being carried by Mr. Irrelevant

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

epic bacon posted:

Zach Wilson has been terrible all year on a team destined for the Super Bowl. if he played good, they'd be the #1 seed now. crown him

Now we're cooking

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

zimbomonkey posted:

Welp I think that's the last holdout on the misery train. Anyone else ride or die for Bryce or can we just call this whole thing a whoopsie?

you never know, he could hit a growth spurt in the offseason!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

I dunno this might be one of those wojak bell curve meme situations where you have the insane Bama homers with 69iq on one side saying he’s great, a bunch of weirdo analytics guys with 169iq on the other saying he’s great, and then every normal person in the middle of the distro going “he’s a 5’9” smol bean who played every single college and high school game with a massive talent advantage”

I know that meme is supposed to show the truth is at the ends but let’s ignore that in this case because the obvious middle has it.

The funny part is that every time Bryce has came up around all the Bama fans I work with, they all just sound sheepish and embarrassed about how poorly Nick Saban's tiniest son has worked out

Even Mac Jones usually draws out some degree of spirited homer defense/excuses

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

BlindSite posted:

Fields has shown less as a passer than Bryce tbh.

if you only watched him in 2021 and ignored the last 2 years, I guess

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

D. Carr > P. Mahomes

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I can't even fathom what it must be like to be looking toward your team's football future when this is how your rookie QB's season is going

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

i can fathom, however, the exact opposite.

oh yeah that one makes sense to me

rip

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

also hopefully Stroud has caused the death of that stupid cognitive test ever being treated as legit again

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

ok, nevermind, it's kinda great that the guy most apologetic to the Stroud test is also the most apologetic to Bryce's QB play

keep the test going

e: but seriously though, the test even meriting a single headline or discussion is more air than it ever deserved and no one should be able to grift a cent off of it

The337th fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 14, 2024

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah the other fake test probably helped proliferate the belief in more fake tests

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Herbert and Allen are the only names I hesitated on, and it'd take a significant sophomore slump next year to make those questionable

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

I got a qb I’d trade for CJ stroud.

it's a little early for April Fools, sir, now stop pointing at that kicker and show me this QB

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

dude just equated Tua to Bryce, lol

having anything but a Mahomes tier QB shatters some peoples brains

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah that’s insane to me. That’s pretty much where I’ll leave it. But I do understand making him top 5 so we’re pretty even there - splitting hairs at that point. Guess we will see how they bounce back

I called Tua a mediocre bama QB, which would be an upgrade for Bryce. I just said I could relate to panthers fans. I’ve said it all year in this very thread that I watch Bryce in the similar vein to Tua. You made the reach to calling Bryce mediocre.

sure, I'm the one doing that when you're still trying to draw a meaningful comparison between them in this post too

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lmao nuance is lost on you huh. You’re the one who called Bryce mediocre and created the false equivalency.

Edit: Earlier in this thread I also called Tua my little Hawaiian. I don’t want you confused again - i don’t actually have any claim of ownership over Tua.

no one conjured this image of mediocrity except you

is your monitor on?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

It was a throwaway comment about Tua being a small bama QB made in the thread about another small bama QB that you took seriously. You’re literally the only person who took that to them being equal players.

I guess if they weren't such smol boys it'd be easier for you to keep em straight, it's cool man

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

(He’s not actually mine, remember!!)

keep your deeply weird and incoherent posting making jokes about ownership over Tua to yourself, it was strange enough when you tried to wedge it in the first time and you just keep going for some reason

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

who's gonna knit Bryce some child size mittens to keep him warm in the offseason

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Intruder posted:

It seems really weird to look at the defending champs who are in the conference championship game and think man that team sure hosed itself

if you get the elite QB your worst case scenario is deep playoff runs with a flawed team

personally I'm horrified at the idea of my team struggling that bad

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I don't think there's a great answer to what you do with good but not great QB play, if you move on and don't immediately nail it with an improvement at QB, you've basically entered a voluntary rebuild where your team identity will experience a lot of turnover in the years spent in the QB wilderness with a cheaper or even more mediocre QB

and you're overwhelmingly unlikely to get lucky with some Brock Purdy budget improvement at QB (who people will also question the value of when contract time comes), so it seems like top pick or bust to even have a chance at a QB who is *good enough* for a top contract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

BlindSite posted:

As long as he covered his tracks and can call an offense from this decade I do not care.

I do not care if we have a dirty dozen coaching staff that hires a boat to gently caress on like the Minnesota Vikings did, every single week of the offseason.

This team needs to improve.

shame you just barely missed out on the Franchise QB for this attitude