Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What would the Doltos bingo card quote be?

Will Levis is a future HS QB coach if you wanna be nice about it

Malik Willis is worthy of a first round pick if you wanna be mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

So I guess the plan is fire Reich/whoever the GM is, take Williams 1st, trade Bryce for a 4th maybe?

Yes they should make a second consecutive trade with the Chicago Bears for the #1 pick

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Yudo posted:

Counterpoint: Howell good.

Can he throw left? That's what killed Mitchell

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

He’d be colt mccoy.

He's 4 inches shorter than Colt McCoy. He'd be Smart Doug Flutie

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

ozymandius1024 posted:

The Panthers supporting cast is obviously terrible, but would anyone say they are the worst of the last 13 years?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/crd/2018.htm

E: the Patriots run an ugly as gently caress offense designed to disgust you in the box score but I could also put the 2023 Patriots up here. There's some abject poo poo that has taken the field in this time frame

Forrest on Fire fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 27, 2023

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Alaois posted:

i would take Christian Kirk in a heartbeat

Thielen basically IS old Larry. They have a worse RB room and better TEs. Both teams fielded lines that were designed to kill their quarterbacks.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

He’d get picked off three times and blindsite would insist we can’t judge him until he gets some Australian shepherds in there.

Bryce Young shouldn't be judged on the performance he had with 1 senior collie and a bunch of pugs, agreed

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Those sick enough to watch the Cardinals this year, how has Kyler been?

Bad. Not atrocious but like he somehow hasn't ever played in an NFL offense.

He's still got the speed though. If Atlanta doesn't get Fields they should get him.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Mike N Eich posted:

Fun fact: Sam Howell’s 2023 season would almost certainly set a Chicago Bears franchise record by yardage

No. He's a couple hundred yards short. The Bears have someone at 3838.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

If you are Pittsburgh or Atlanta, do you prefer:
  • Murray for two seconds, or
  • Fields for a second, a third, and a fourth?

Kyler is better than Fields right now
If Fields keeps playing he'll be better in 2-3 years

Source: the two teams I watch the most of are the Bears and Cardinals. I think Murray learns a lot less than Fields. I think Fields holds onto plays way longer than Kyler.

I'd rather have Kyler if I'm the Steelers and I'd rather have Fields if I'm the Falcons

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

It's ok everybody, I did it to myself. I hate the forward pass.

E: I even did the order wrong I'm IL-based and support the Cardinals.

Forrest on Fire fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 28, 2023

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

pasaluki posted:

Chicago took the poor Staleys away from Decatur and God laid a curse against their Quarterbacks for all of time. Da Bears.

Look at this accurate take. The NFL should let the Bears leave for Arlington, then expand the NFL to Decatur and Iowa. Bring football back to the dark ages.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

no i'm normal

The second best QB you've ever rooted for is Trevor Simien. The second best QB I've ever rooted for is Carson Palmer. We are not the same.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

this guy is disparaging the legacy of zack kustok, brett basanez, and dan persa in this thread

Those all sound like Chicago area car dealers, and I'm right to disparage them.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kirios posted:

Bears would be beyond dumb to not draft a QB first overall.

Counterpoint they are the Chicago Bears and the laws of the universe dictate the QB they draft WILL be ruined

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

What's more impressive if he wins it while not being even the best QB in his conference.

Whoa whoa I think the world of Joe Flacco but PUMP THE BRAKES

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Doltos posted:

I want to be clear I thought Stroud was way better than Young in pretty much every facet coming into the draft. I don't think Young is infallible but he's not nearly as bad as people are making him out to be. He appears to have rookie jitters that a lot of QB's have. I also think we live in a zero sum world where people understandably want their QB to instantly be RG3 or Herbert quality in their rookie years. The Panthers are kind of locked into Bryce and all I'm saying is that it's not the worst situation.

I watched almost every snap Rosen played in Arizona and he was worse than Young. Maybe don't sell the QB for pennies on the dollar because he couldn't make the 2023 Panthers offense move.

Alternatively: Here lies Bryce, he died Young

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Doltos posted:

Ah that's the problem then. Bryce Young, the guy who is a WCO pocket passer, didn't run as much as the other guys, as a quarterback.

The original point is that someone said terrible rookie seasons are low percentage bounce back and you can only count on one hand the ones that came back without going 20 years back and thats just blatantly not true. Nit pick how comparable the stats are, all of those were bad rookie seasons that people bounced back from.

What offense does Alabama run? Is there a transition from college to the West Coast Offense still?

Every Bama rookie I remember watching had struggled as a rookie. Bryce looked worse than rookie Tua but every year it feels like this thread immediately throws out the Bama QB

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

I can’t wait to be talking about JJ McCarthy next year like we are talking about Bryce right now. The league is going to eat him up lol.

JJ McCarthy is gonna be a 3rd rounder

Him busting horribly wouldn't destroy a franchise for years. You get a third for hiring good minority coaches/execs that get hired away, and from comp picks

Bryce Young doesn't look good but I really don't think you can fully evaluate a QB in one season where his best weapons were an injured DJ Chark and 33 year old Thielen

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Correct QB metrics in order.

1. Wins
2. Hand size
3. Conference
4. Does he hold the door for his teammates?
5. Niche marketability

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Harlock posted:

Because of so much emphasis placed on the QB position, we'll be stuck in prospect overrating/overreaching hell forever.

JJ McCarthy seems the next guy up to fall into the Daniel Jones / Zach Wilson / Bryce Young zone as he magically is going from what people projected as a 4th round pick to a 1st all because of the championship where, imo, he didn't even play that well as a passer.

How many games did he eclipse 200 yards? He's got the JWG argument which always means JAG

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Hey now, we haven't seen how Bryce does in the NFL playoffs yet. It might be Too Soon To Tell

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kalli posted:

Thing is, we know what Shanahan thinks about his superbowl chances with a mid-QB and it's desperately try and trade 3 first round picks to avoid it.

How much of that was a mid QB, and how much of that was Jimmy G was hurt for a significant portion of his tenure? Trey Lance was a stupid gamble he made but I don't know how much of it was on the fact that they had a mid level QB vs they had Jimmy G

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Goff has been putting up some numbers for a while. He earned a contract extension. Wonder what they do with Hooker.

Keep him on a rookie deal to be a cheap backup probably. Hooker wasn't some franchise QB take he was injured and old when they drafted him. He's there to lower the cap hit so Detroit can pay/find other players.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

OGS-Remix posted:

Purdy for Fields straight up. Who would take that?

Colin Cowherd.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Joe Theismann 2.0

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

this guy is forgetting about the Legend of Tyson Bagent

He's a fit in any scheme. Coaches laud him for his cross fit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nervous posted:

The real question is, how many times has he managed to sneak off with Nicole?

Bryce's footwork in the pocket is bad but when it comes to wheeling the owner's wife he's suddenly Dan Marino