Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
David Carr seeing 40 sacks and thinking "that's cute"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cavauro posted:

stolen from cian who i understand who that is but it doesn't matter in this case and i don't like posting tweets these days

lmao at the routes and players running them for the carolina panthers. simple as

also the right guard is trying to make sure that even if there's a miracle there'll be an ineligible receiver downfield flag

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Alaois posted:

god RG3's rookie season ruled so much.

FedEx field ruined RG3's career the way NRG field ruined Clowney's

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't really believe Stroud will win MVP but has any rookie ever done it before?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Stroud leads the league in passes of 20+ yards and has had some help from his receivers like Noah Brown getting 50 YAC on one of his TD throws against the Bengals on a play that he had no real business being able to score on because it was a busted play that had the only two receivers who were running routes end up right next to each other which worked out because Dell was able to throw a block on Brown's man

From the eyeball test Stroud has good zip on the ball, can be but isn't always extremely accurate, and handles pressure surprisingly well considering he's a rookie and that was a weakness of his coming into the league. The pass blocking has been really good and on blitzes they've done a good job giving Stroud a safety outlet to get the ball out fast whenever there's a free rusher. I think I saw he averages nearly a full second of time in the pocket over average. Just wish the run blocking was in the same universe as the pass blocking

e: he's also getting the Tannehill luck from a few years ago as far as picks go. Only two picks but there've been several throws that should have been.

For whatever reason against the Panthers it seemed like every three or four throws he'd get it batted by a defensive lineman

Intruder fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 14, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans have wins over the Steelers and Bengals and losses to the Falcons and Panthers so maybe an easier schedule is worse for them

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Those highlights of underthrown balls to Nuk while he had no one within fifteen yards of him don't translate to weekly dominance?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pierce has missed a couple games now and hasn't looked as good as last season when he has played. Singletary has definitely been the better back so far

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Stroud MVP converation is probably over but the first half showed how elite he is

The second half? Let's.... let's move on from that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

cade mcnown looking rear end

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/austingayle_/status/1724892016755241321

the one with purdy added is incredible. what a find

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Combine Stroud with Davante

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Stroud went 16/27 for 274 yards and a TD with no picks and was considered to have a subpar game

I'll take that as a subpar game

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't get it either but anytime someone is making GBS threads on Colby is ok with me

Intruder fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 18, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

I have updated my tier list on how teams feel about their QBs.

what's trevor bust doing there?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Black Lighter posted:

The Biggest Lil' Guy Award

Just because Tank Dell broke his leg :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

no more wire hangers Purdy MVP talk

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Parallax posted:

give most valuable player to you, the fans

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Carr was sacked 68 times in 2005.

Curse of Tony Boselli did not gently caress around.

This is just like pure memory and 20 years after the fact but I remember a lot of Carr's sacks being running out of bounds on a scramble a couple yards behind the LOS

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Are you sure there was CGI involved?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nervous posted:

He'll go down in history.

As a cautionary tale.

The bowels Bowles of history

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mahomes would dissect the Texans sorry rear end secondary

Flacco might too but Mahomes definitely would

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Black Sunshine posted:

Baker is staying in Tampa

not like they can do anything else, they're in the playoffs so they can't even really draft a non project QB

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So who are you thinking this offseason then, Cousins?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

hear me out

CJ Stroud

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Teams aren't going to write Bryce off after a bad rookie season on a dogshit team when he was entering the draft as at worst a top 5 pick

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

Looks to me in the moment like the whole Ryan Leaf/Peyton Manning conversation again.

Well the Chargers hit on three QBs in a row after that (even if they let the first one walk) so I'm sure Panthers fans would take a repeat of it

Shinji2015 posted:

If things stay as they are, yeah.

I've accepted it

If they remain stuck in QB limbo for the next decade then yes

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 18, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bryce not being as good as CJ is no reason to give up on him. After all, no QB is as good as CJ

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

"If he stays healthy" I say about my QB who couldn't stay healthy in college despite being the size of a linebacker and got hurt twice in less than three games

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It seems really weird to look at the defending champs who are in the conference championship game and think man that team sure hosed itself

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The337th posted:

if you get the elite QB your worst case scenario is deep playoff runs with a flawed team

personally I'm horrified at the idea of my team struggling that bad

I hope Stroud starts some kind of health company that the Texans then invest in and he plays on a below market contract while raking in that money :v:

A Sneaker Broker posted:

This upcoming FA & draft they are going in on replacing Mahomes entire WR corps.

Maybe but they'll still have the most important part of that equation

Intruder fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I trust players more than analysts. I don't care what the size a player is. But if the dude is your stereotypical big QB with a big arm that can make all the throws, I want that over any other type.