Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

AndrewP posted:

Richardson seems like a cautionary tale for any large QB inspired by Josh Allen’s recklessness

They just don't make 'em like they used to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

It's gotta suck to choose the worst QB in the draft at #1 overall

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

ozymandius1024 posted:

I suppose at least yours was like 20 years ago?

Correct, so I definitely speak from experience

I guess the difference is that the best QB from the 2007 class was *checks notes* Drew Stanton, while there are actually a lot of promising rookies from this class so far except Young

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Nov 6, 2023

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Kirios posted:

It's really odd to see other franchises labeled worse than the Texans when they were the absolute laughing stock of the league (on and off the field) for like four years.

The Raiders have been the laughing stock of the league for 20 years and running, hth

The only team with less wins over that span is the Browns. Hue Jackson sure did a number on that team, lmao

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 10, 2023

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

It's cool that AOC can shift protections but dude needs to not take so many sacks. It's definitely him adjusting to the speed of the NFL and everything but aside from that he's been pretty okay so far. He's making mistakes for sure but dude is a 4th round rookie and he's learning on the fly. Better than Young so far anyway but he has much better weapons so who knows.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

MrLogan posted:

the Raiders can decide to pay Kirk Cousins

No. If we've learned ANYTHING from the past 20+ years it should be extremely obvious that we need to draft for a franchise QB until we hit. Signing old dudes just doesn't work for us anymore.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

What if Bryce Young was white?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Intruder posted:

Combine Stroud with Davante

No don't

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Does Bryce Young just not give a poo poo about football at this point? Perhaps he's the tiny version of Jamarcus Russell?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

It's a small consolation to have teams run so terribly that at least I can say poo poo like "well my owner is a lovely failson with the worst haircut and can't hire coaches/GMs worth a gently caress but at least we're not the Panthers."

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Purdy is the new Jimmy G but not handsome

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

"Brock" is a cool QB first name and "Purdy" is great for how easy it is to generate banner headlines.

Whenever I hear the name Brock all I can think about is Brock Turner the dumpster rapist

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't know that dude

If you want to get really angry, look it up. Dude basically got away with rape because he's rich and the judge was openly in the pocket of said rich family

"Yes, my son raped this girl but his life would be adversely affected by going to prison, won't someone think of him!"

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

I can’t think of a cooler name than Joe Montana. What the hell is wrong with you. Merry Christmas.

It's so cool that even his nickname is Joe Cool which is redundant but whatever

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Earlier this season everyone was saying how lovely Love was, the NFL is weird.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Tebow proved that JWG is the only stat that matters

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Probably going to go down as the worst draft pick in nfl history.

Young probably actually gives a poo poo about football so he has that over Jamarcus at least.

Tepper is definitely a dumb oval office. condolences cat team

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Considering the additional draft capital given up for Young, sure I'll give it to you. I don't hate Jamarcus or anything and understand he had issues but a lot of guys come from even worse backgrounds and find a way to focus. Then again, a shitload of people in real life never get past traumatic poo poo either so I get it.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Baker is staying in Tampa

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Bryce Young sucks

Someone had to state the obvious

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

If the Packers end up with 3 consecutive Hall of Fame quarterbacks then the rest of the NFC North fanbases need to raze Green Bay to the ground and put an end to the madness.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

AndrewP posted:

You don’t have to pay Tua $50m a year. Really, you don’t. Put $30m on the table and if he walks, he walks.

The Dolphins are the 49ers - the scheme is the star

That's easy to say but you risk going from a playoff team to the basement if you don't have a good plan B which is what exactly?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

AndrewP posted:

I don't know, but there's also plenty of risk in giving Tua a top of the market deal and the cap consequences that come with that. The margins get tight, you can't afford all the stars and your QB has to be able to elevate a potentially ordinary group. Is Tua really that guy?

I'm not saying don't offer him nothing, but this market of "record deal or nothing" is crazy. I think Tua is worth a mid-tier QB contract.

I agree with what you're saying , it's kind of an impossible situation. It's almost like QB salaries shouldn't count against the cap or should at least be their own separate cap numbers. It's just turbo hosed anymore and getting worse every year.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Nodoze posted:

No that's Derek Carr

Doesn't Carr have more MVP votes than Stafford and Russell Wilson combined?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

One more reason to hate the Broncos is that they dragged the corpse of Peyton Manning to his 2nd Superbowl win and ruined the comedy of the lesser brother having more SB wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Nervous posted:

Another reason to hate the broncos is that cowboys ride horsies and gently caress the Cowboys.

Amen brother