Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Doltos posted:

Mitch was pretty good in college and so was Howell.

Howell was considered a first rounder until the added scrutiny of actually playing got him dropped down to the 4th. The same thing should've happened to Trubisky except he was drafted after only one year as a starter.

We'll see how it works out for Maye, but I wouldn't bet the farm on someone coming through a bad ACC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

In case you missed the latest goat simulator mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK8-zFVHai8

I will say this for Bryce Young: he has not been atomized by a hit yet.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

I have updated my tier list on how teams feel about their QBs.

Love is signed through next season, but I could also see Green Bay taking someone late and giving them looks in training camp in case Love struggles next year.

I think most Packers fans are feeling the Love right now. He'll probably be signed to something longer term in the offseason.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

If I were Bryce I would simply spend the offseason getting the limb lengthening surgery.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

BlindSite posted:

maybe put a head coach and offensive staff in place who will recognize what scheme he's familiar and effective in

Honestly a bit surprising that I haven't see the Panthers listing BoB as one of the coaches they're interviewing.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Mamma mia, Fields in Miami…

The Dolphins would’ve run 3 plays before Fields got the ball out the first time.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

BlindSite posted:

A lot changes in a year in the NFL.

Feels like puberty would've already hit though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

vaginite posted:

Maybe Shanahan and Campbell cracked the code on accident. Shanahan out of not being able to get a top QB, and Campbell out of being meathead-Rainman. In a league where defenses have become complex, suffocating, and impossible to read, complex high flying offenses don't work as well anymore. Wasting high draft picks or 25% of your cap on an elite QB isn't worthwhile, defenses finally caught up.

The Lions and SF built offenses that have great running schemes, flat and slot throws, and great lines that work really well against defenses that have been built for 2 decades to beat complicated, long developing passing plays.

I think having a bunch of playmakers that can turn short plays into chunks is a lot more important than a mastermind QB now. And having a QB that can just get the ball in one of very limited opening spots to a playmaker is good enough.

imo

Jared Goff was the #1 overall pick (who was traded up for) and has the third highest cap hit for a quarterback in 2023. When he got the current contract it had the most guaranteed money of all time. The fact that folks don't think he's elite, doesn't mean he's not being paid like an elite QB who signed a contract in 2019.