Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Nichael posted:

If you don't care about repercussions, which link is best for sending directly to Palestinians? I've actually asked organizers around here that as well and the answer is unclear.

red crescent or msf if you really are concerned about it. red crescent is an offshoot of the red cross so idg why it would cause a stir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
IK EDIT: I don't know if this post below was a joke or a bit on behalf of the poster, but DO NOT donate to organizations that have been officially labeled as terrorist organizations by the US and other western countries. It will ruin your life.

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody has issued a correction as of 02:59 on Oct 18, 2023

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

not a good idea

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 01:03 on Oct 18, 2023

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch
dont do that in the actual charity thread you dumbass

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008
my company sent a stand with Israel message so I will be doing some donation matches to some Palestinian causes on their behalf

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023
Just to CMA, how can I know if a Palestinian aid organization is on a terror watch list? Or any other charity?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Now i learned this in 5 minutes flat and didn't look twice since I edited the op. So I'm no expert: but charity navigator + ctrl+f tax on their webpage to see if its tax deductible.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Im gonna give to the PCRF

what made me think its legit is that its part of Amazon Smile :/

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

PCRF is fine

Look them up here https://www.charitynavigator.org/?c...9YaApofEALw_wcB

If your very paranoid you can take the ein that you’ll find on the link above and look it up here https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/tax-exempt-organization-search

If it’s on Amazon smile it’s fine, Amazon isn’t funneling money to Hamas

When I typed up that response to “be careful” it was really more to just do a bit of diligence because this isn’t like some mutual aid network or the like where the worst that can happen is you PayPal someone $50 and get ripped off, you could actually get in trouble if you give money to the wrong orgs

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Amazon isn’t funneling money to Hamas

ehhhh

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lol

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

HashtagGirlboss posted:

PCRF is fine

Look them up here https://www.charitynavigator.org/?c...9YaApofEALw_wcB

If your very paranoid you can take the ein that you’ll find on the link above and look it up here https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/tax-exempt-organization-search

If it’s on Amazon smile it’s fine, Amazon isn’t funneling money to Hamas

When I typed up that response to “be careful” it was really more to just do a bit of diligence because this isn’t like some mutual aid network or the like where the worst that can happen is you PayPal someone $50 and get ripped off, you could actually get in trouble if you give money to the wrong orgs

thats a totally legitimate concern and its good that posters are looking after one another because of the different countries involved

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I donated to pcrf and msf through the website my job has, making me presume the legal department has signed off on donating to them not being aggressively prosecuted federal crimes in the United States.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Heres another one to add
IWW (via gofundme)

edit added more info
In light of increasing violence in Israel and Palestine, the IWW Freelance Journalists Union expresses its solidarity with the Palestinian Journalists Syndicate, a member of the International Federation of Journalists.

The ongoing war has already claimed the lives of at least 10 journalists, per the PJS. This current wave of killings occurs in the context of hundreds of violations and crimes against Palestinian journalists perpetrated by the Israeli occupation every year, as reported by the PJS.

To protect journalists, the PJS requires media outlets to provide safety vests, helmets and gas masks for employees, but this equipment is often unavailable to freelancers. The IWW PPWU-FJU is therefore fundraising to provide the PJS with 50 such kits for freelancers. We encourage all journalists, union members and others to support the PJS by contributing to this fundraiser and sharing widely both the fundraiser and the PJS’s most recent statement on the current war (below).

https://www.gofundme.com/f/solidarity-with-palestinian-journalists-syndicate

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ekuNNN posted:

probably the palestinian red crescent

I absolutely did not mean for this guy to get banned answering my question. I just wanted to know what charities are best for directly aiding people. Sorry to him tbh, I feel like I set him up.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
Ultra Carp
Voted 1 fyi

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023
The Palestinian Red Crescent website seems to be down.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i put in $100 to the PCRF

and will get the missus to do the same because she works for an evil American (redundant) bank and they will match the donation, so those fuckers are gonna do some good for once

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

is this link blocked for anyone? i get a timeout on it

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Fun Shoe

crepeface posted:

is this link blocked for anyone? i get a timeout on it

https://twitter.com/PalestineRCS/status/1716067116909039621?s=20

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Fun Shoe
I have no idea if those details are legit btw, just wanted to post that they know their website is down.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Spergin Morlock posted:

I have no idea if those details are legit btw, just wanted to post that they know their website is down.

thanks.

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

pandy fackler has issued a correction as of 19:01 on Mar 22, 2024

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

i'll match the next thousand bucks donated and posted about itt
donate you assholes

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i already donated, but you inspired me to go again

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
I tried to donate to the Red Crescent (since I did the PCRF before), but somehow it's not going through when I click the amount. Are they still getting DDOS'ed?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

thanks FFA

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Fun Shoe

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

that puts us at $700 if i added right, $300 more go goons go

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

what is this a donation for ants. lol

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

thank you FFA, it's not much but I hope these get us over the threshold

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nightonthesun
Apr 23, 2002
https://imgur.com/a/RJitsIz

unlike some people getting high doesn’t make me genocidal but I sure as gently caress can’t get an image to imbed

nightonthesun has issued a correction as of 14:35 on Oct 25, 2023

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

1220 bucks in a day? yall went a bit further than i expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

you loving rule