Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008
my company sent a stand with Israel message so I will be doing some donation matches to some Palestinian causes on their behalf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008
250 to the Kinder USA foundation + another 250 match requested from my employer.

im going to do another 250+250 match to MSF later today

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

https://donate.doctorswithoutborders.org/secure/giving-tuesday-23-cro26
As a quick fyi now through the 28th all MSF donations are being matched

What a sucker! $250 donated - and got my company to match it.

and i ran out of corporate matching for the year.

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

Nice, right now my company's matching is limited to certain charities they have partnerships with/that tie specifically to industry PR, so no tripling for my donations.

that is extra lame

I’m trying to figure out how to donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent without sending a swift transfer or having my face plastered on a truck saying I am anti Semitic

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Tarranon posted:

tried to do a complicated party donation matching scheme that didn't work out so i'm going to just let work do the matching

Sick match brah!

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

is there a one that is extremely good what is the biggest bang per buck

check out pcrf

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

e: i mean that's a real rear end in a top hat way of putting it tbh idk if anybody can physically get in
e2: is there any way to get like... food in?

this is good to know. I’ll ask around, if you find one post it here, I’ll toss some coin into that bucket.

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008
my friend recommends https://www.anera.org

they were the org she worked with the get stuff in

my wife knows someone on the board of the kinder foundation. they were able to get supplies into Gaza from Egypt.

RoboBoogie has issued a correction as of 23:27 on Dec 11, 2023

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Zoeb posted:

Donated money to both Doctors without Borders and The Palestinian Red Crescent for my birthday

how much to the Red Crescent? I’ll match it

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Zoeb posted:

$10

I was going to donate to them earlier but the website is really slow.

Donated $40 as i am turning 40 in a couple of weeks, happy birthday brother.

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Zoeb posted:

*sister*

But, Thank you. I am also turning 40.

no kidding! it’s a pleasure to meet another December 1983 baby.

apologies for the misgendering.

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008
a bit late on this, but donated this during an iftar, i donated to them (despite their admin fees being high) because they are actively providing mental health care to people

I am working with a small group of people to set up a non profit org to buy medical supplies for doctors that head over to gaza for relief work.

i hope you guys dont mind me posting about them as soon as get 501c3 designation. i am super excited for this, if you have medical training and feel confident to provide input on items let me know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008
we are raising money for medical supplies that we would send with doctors. our current drive is for cardiology supplies that are desperately needed.

https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/943fEcTiDX

we are still not a fully registered non profit so your donation would not be tax deductible.

we have another set of delegates who managed to get a lot more free baggage allowance on Turkish so the next fundraising campaign is going to be larger.

let me know if you have any questions.