Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

i'll match the next thousand bucks donated and posted about itt
donate you assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

1220 bucks in a day? yall went a bit further than i expected.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

okay so it seems that ppl are quite motivated to donate if there's a promise to match their donations SO:

- i'll match the next 3000 bucks donated and posted about itt TWICE
- this does not apply to the next two donation over 1000 bucks, because for each of those i'll drop an extra 3000

unless anyone specifically requests otherwise i'll be donating to the French group Résistance et Solidarité, which works in tandem with the Al Awda Health and Community Association. this is for two reasons:

- i won't get scammed on the exchange rate
- american nonprofits are cool and good but they're huge machines which i'm wary of

please read some poetry now

If we must die, let it not be like hogs
Hunted and penned in an inglorious spot,
While round us bark the mad and hungry dogs,
Making their mock at our accursèd lot.
If we must die, O let us nobly die,
So that our precious blood may not be shed
In vain; then even the monsters we defy
Shall be constrained to honor us though dead!
O kinsmen! we must meet the common foe!
Though far outnumbered let us show us brave,
And for their thousand blows deal one death-blow!
What though before us lies the open grave?
Like men we’ll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
Pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!

- Claude McKay, 1917

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Okay so I've made a quick tally. So far, since my last post, and not counting snack soul's and second hand meat mouth's donations of 1000 dollars or more, 2031 dollars have been donated. GJ goons, 969 to go (ecinice).

In the meantime:

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Okay so I still owed the thread 3000 bucks in matches since like november.

So here's the promised amount plus some extra as penance for my tardiness.

Please keep on donating friends.