Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

Anyway actually great episode, they managed to fit in little character arcs for everyone while also doing fully right by all the necessary pool episode tropes and highlights

the blessing and curse of this series is that no matter how ludicrous the girlfriend count gets every single one somehow remains relevant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i feel like this image, without context, should be the adtrw background

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Farg posted:

glad this show doesn't do any weird poo poo like have any of the girls be 8 years old

to it's credit the series never uses that old chestnut as an excuse to get creepy. she's always treated entirely wholesomely in tiny mode

besides the drugs, i mean.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rody One Half posted:

What's not wholesome about drugs

irresponsible drug use is a serious issue. she's definitely not a liscensed physician, though her drugs are basically magic potions so i don't know how much that would actually help

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

trucutru posted:

Sure, by rentaro. But there a few select girlfriends that are mega-creeps

oh yeah things definitely get fuckin Weird sometimes but iirc tiny Kusuri is never involved in any of that outside of magic potions.

basically the bar for this character type is like underground levels of low but this series does manage to step over it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rody One Half posted:

It's a nice cult

But it is ABSOLUTELY a cult

maybe the REAL cult is society and their shallow definition of love, maaan

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Spookydonut posted:

the canon is that they are all tied for first place and he is second

no he is canonically #1 with 99,999,999 votes

like i am not making a joke or exaggerating in any way, that is the literal canon

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Here I thought they were going to pull some sort of twist about the love between him and the mom being more of a familial one where she appreciates his relationship with her daughter, which in hindsight is one of the most naive things I've ever assumed

it's called 100 Girlfriends not 99 Girlfriends and 1 Completely Platonic Mom

Zwingley posted:

i didnt need subtitles to parse exactly how unhinged it was honestly

they have very little time left to properly convey just how completely insane hahari is, every second counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

Yeah I follow the manga, it's just that even at this early stage they're already pretty feral.

that ED jumps straight to her current manga self, though it doesn't take long at all for her to reach that point