Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's five really's (important)

ANN: Rentaro Aijo is a hopeless romantic – emphasis on "hopeless." Before starting high school, he'd already confessed his love to 100 different girls and was rejected every time. But a trip to a local shrine of the God of Love brings him good fortune, of a kind. Due to a clerical error in the heavens, Rentaro is guaranteed to find that special someone – 100 of them, to be precise. He is destined to have triple-digit soulmates, and it's up to him to find them all, cherish them all, and keep this Love Hectogon stable, lest disaster befall him and his many, many, many, many loves.

I like this manga a whole lot, it's very funny, silly, and irreverent while also clearly a labor of love for the artist/writer duo. To steal someone else's comparison it kind of feels like it has a similar relationship with harem romcoms that Gintama has with shounen action and therefore you can take it as seriously as that (so not very). One episode in so far the anime adaption has been great and has wasted no time inserting in humor that takes advantage of now being animated which bodes very well for what it will try to do in the future (or perhaps more interestingly will have to change).

It's on Crunchyroll on Sundays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Remembering that I never liked the vice principal jokes
But then also remembering the payoff/solution at the end so it's all good

Rentarou not the only one with the two hands after all

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Crosspeice posted:

Shizuka is best girl.
Creature...

I'd say Hakari should get some self-respect but her self-esteem is clearly already plenty high

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

narm00 posted:

In Hakari and Karane's case, it's based on their meeting Rentaro simultaneously, the idea being they established a soulmate connection with each other as well as Rentaro.

Also, the creators love putting in gags about how Hakari associates Karane with being her true love. Yeah, it may be a bit, but it's the kind of bit where you strongly suspect they're serious.
IMO it's pretty earnest

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Wouldn't post that especially unmarked in a thread for the anime

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It is more efficient to post twice

lol at them making the finger scene lewder than it is in the comic

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I guess we'll never know until those character popularity polls come out

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The eternal battle

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Anyway actually great episode, they managed to fit in little character arcs for everyone while also doing fully right by all the necessary pool episode tropes and highlights

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
For now I think it's fine, though if someone were to make one that'd obviously be fine. For me at least as much as I like the manga I never really felt to post about it regularly until there was an event big enough like the anime. Obviously people should just be like, cool about not spoiling who the actual future girlfriends are, and that'd be true whether there was a manga thread or not.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I remember most of the major beats from these early chapters but notably not Hakari's final line in this ep so I lost it a little bit when it hit.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ziiing

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Give me Kusuri's "yep yep"

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Too bad they forgot to subtitle it!!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Everything will be solved by the lawyer/politician GF

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I did not see it on the docket for Winter '24 sadly.

Oh hey they updated the website :buddy:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Shizuka is the strongest.

also cour 2 coming at some point
https://twitter.com/hyakkano_anime/status/1738922222813868075

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU