Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Shy's gonna struggle at first and then absolutely humiliate this budget David Bowie clown. Or at least I hope so! I don't like em!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Idk how much of this to spoiler so I'm just doing most of it. Well, my prediction was incorrect. That said, I ain't mad at how it turned out. And I like her powers! And with the nurse and the scene on the news at the end, they've introduced the last two characters from the 5 in the credits, right? Or was the black cross nurse not the green one from the credits? I should watch the opening again.

I sorta didn't like the 3 episode cliffhanger, but I loved the character design and opening, and episode 4 has solidified that this is one I'm gonna watch weekly.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I had a lot of fun with this episode. Mianlong is great, big fan.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

symbolic posted:

that's how i'm feeling after this newest ep yeah. i appreciated the deeper delve into her backstory but this battle is kinda going all over the place. some neat visuals tho, and the bits of romcom between the two villains was some nice levity

I def agree with this. I like the characters in Shy a lot, both their visual design and their characterization. The fighting is, uh, pretty bad.

Kufufu is a lot of fun, though, and her asking for more head pats from Tzveta had me smiling ear to ear.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I'm for sure on board with basically all that, symbolic. I'm very glad it's getting a season 2 because there's so much promise here and a lot of the season showed that, but it was weighed down by some pacing issues. Learning that the manga wasn't quite so bad and that the next arc or two in the manga are themselves better paced has me excited for the next season.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Just expanding a bit - I am so fkn on board with liking how they didn't go all in on humiliating Shy with cringe comedy. It felt like an unflinching yet sympathetic representation of someone with social anxiety trying to do well despite their challenges, neither downplaying the struggle nor mocking her for having them. I'm rewatching Bocchi rn and there's a lot of parallels there.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Ohtori Akio posted:

i dropped kinda early. i'll see how s2 reviews and either catch up then or just put the manga in queue, depending. low patience for badly paced animé

Yeah this is a totally fair reaction too. Fingers crossed for s2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Kufufavorite