Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.
You might have said it was slow, but nearly the entire first half I was in anticipation like "Spirit, what actually happened when you were a kid?" I better not be disappointed by it turning out to be nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

The backstory and characterization stuff is good and I don't feel like it's overstretched. If the author and director can keep delivering this then fine why not make everyone's initial backstories 6 hours long. Even if it's kind of weird from a real-fight perspective, the fight stuff also works well as a visual metaphor for how everyone is feeling in the moment so it's fine imo.

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

ConanThe3rd posted:

That said I am concerned this is all we're getting for this go-around depending on what the episode order was on this season.
Same.

Also I want to issue a slight correction to my last post. The fight isn't just a metaphor for how they're feeling. It's canonically physically related to how they're feeling since the strength of their superpowers are based on the moment to moment magnitude of their emotional stability and conviction to help others.

Coincidentally, the villains' power seems to at least be implicitly based on the magnitude of their insecurity and commitment to maladaptive coping mechanisms.

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

Raxivace posted:

Maybe Shy is simply too shy to always be in the spotlight.

For real though this Spirits stuff dragged a bit. Not that individual moments were bad or whatever but I feel like we were at this drat orphanage for like a month now.
It was 4 eps right? So it was basically a month.

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

Last episode just kind of a wrapup and setup for season 2. But also, season 2 confirmed.