Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

psydude posted:

You have no idea what you're even talking about. You do realize that the vast majority of Israelis are historically from Israel, right? Like their ancestors have lived there for thousands of years?

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

OTOH, a cultural belief doesn't magically grant you the right to... colonize an already existing place. By force. "My great, great, great grandparents used to live in this house and we've been persecuted since we got kicked out" doesn't somehow make it right for you to effectively steal the poo poo of someone 15 generations down the line who inherited it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

psydude posted:

Hey thanks for putting words in my mouth and also making my point at the same time. This guy was literally arguing that all Israelis are colonizers and thus we shouldn't feel bad when they're murdered. I'm as vehemently opposed to Israel's apartheid of Palestine and Netanyahu's cynical exploitation of the rivalry between Hamas and Fatah as anyone, but come the gently caress on.

The bolded part makes this ironic, especially considering you got his edit in your quote too.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

psydude posted:

Did you not read his previous post?

We're talking about people who within living memory had their poo poo taken away by force and had their own country turned into an apartheid state against them, with every ugly indignity and outrage possible visited on them constantly. Who exactly is shocked when some of those people absolutely lose their poo poo and, not being morally justified but in a completely unsurprising turn, take out all of that in any direction possible and in the most unspeakable of ways? And if we see a follow-up post:

Fivemarks posted:

Edit: I may have said that Israel is a Settler Colonial state, but that doesn't mean the solution to the problem is "Kill'em all and drive them into the sea". I sure as hell didn't say that. I just said it's a Settler Colony, same as America or canada or Mexico or Australia or New Zealand. I certainly don't think any of those states should have their non native populations killed and murdered.

Conveniently, the state in question has non-native populations concentrated in two geographical areas that are currently subject to gross violation of basic human rights and continued invasion by Israeli settlers colonizing Palestinian settlements. One side is historically native with long ties to the region, one side was disenfranchised in living memory and currently lives under the thumb of the other side currently.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Cugel the Clever posted:

The settler community is champing at the bit to get back into Gaza and displace the Palestinians. The IDF is expelling them, for now.

They just don't want a spotlight on them failing to protect innocent Israeli lives from the perfidious Palestinians again.