Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Pens are still butt but at least I have a bunch of ducks on my fantasy team...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jarry and everyone sitting behind the net had a clear view of that one going past him

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Pens - 1 goal on 2.75 expected
Ducks - 2 goals on .75

This rules.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Bryce Harper keeping dogshit garbage solidarity by going to a Philadelphia Flyers game

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
oh god a stars power play

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Well that sure was a sequence. A really bad one. Very very lucky not to be down another goal.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I suspect the referees were looking for an even up call after that faceoff thing..

***yeesh.. bad goal by Oettinger.. right through him :(

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shinjobi posted:

oh god a stars power play

lmao

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Bryan Rust confirmed better goaler than Jarry.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Rust had more saves than Jarry there

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: Severson does thing! :siren:

I saw number 20 and thought to myself "is that Ryan Suter?", but thinking it couldn't be because he has to be like a million years old right now.

It is.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CBJSprague24 posted:

:siren: Severson does thing! :siren:

I saw number 20 and thought to myself "is that Ryan Suter?", but thinking it couldn't be because he has to be like a million years old right now.

It is.

of course it's suter

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1719136454746443879

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

that's an awful, awful call

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

That seems a very questionable refereeing decision to bail out the Pens.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

that's an awful, awful call

yeah that should be a good goal

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
lmao how is that goalie interference.

whatever ill take it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wow, Gary must've made a special phone call for us tonight

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Lol and they reaffirmed it. Wild.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:lol: coach got a misconduct

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

I mean if you squint hes pushing a guy into his own goaltender

fake edit: lmao here comes the least scary 5 on 3 in hockey.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Shinjobi posted:

of course it's suter

For some reason, I thought his and Zach Parise's buddy comedy started in 2009 but it was 2012 and he STILL would've had another season on that deal had he stayed with Minny.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Boy oh boy am I ready for an awful 5 on 3

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

On what planet would you put Rakell out there. Dude hasn't scored all year.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

meh.. that was more speed than I've seen from the Stars this year in the first period... they are pretty unlucky not to be winning this game after 1, and very unlucky to be trailing..

Razor is right that the team is just fumbling the ball every chance they get in the critical moments though.. and the powerplay still looks completely lost out there. If they can ever get the PP going they'd have no problems.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Malkin bailing out the homies once again

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:siren:

Haven't seen a Geno shot like that in a while

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I like the Pens 5 on 3 PP scheme of "Rakell and EK stand in the same spot"

What the hell was that? Got a goal anyhow

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

The most unconvincing setup but fire enough clappers and eventually something might go in.

Rakell playing the bumper spot like it's a 5 on 4 just unreal how poorly coached this team looks like lol.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Starsfan posted:

meh.. that was more speed than I've seen from the Stars this year in the first period... they are pretty unlucky not to be winning this game after 1, and very unlucky to be trailing..

Razor is right that the team is just fumbling the ball every chance they get in the critical moments though.. and the powerplay still looks completely lost out there. If they can ever get the PP going they'd have no problems.

this slow start to the season confuses me more than most

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The most unconvincing setup but fire enough clappers and eventually something might go in.

Rakell playing the bumper spot like it's a 5 on 4 just unreal how poorly coached this team looks like lol.

it is unfathomable that Reirden hasn't been fired as an assistant yet

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
edit: just assume I complained about refs

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

this slow start to the season confuses me more than most

the 5v5 play has been OK... Evolving Hockey has them as the #1 expected goal differential team, Natural Stat Trick has them as #3.. but all of that good work has been undone by awful special teams play where they are getting caved in, they actually drop to a bottom 10 team in expected goal differential at all situations which is a bizarre state of affairs for a team that controls play so well the majority of the time.

I think they just need to figure it out on their own.. not much can be done to help things until they do. I doubt it's a system issue, players just aren't executing properly.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zohorna was never this good, how did he suddenly unlock this new form at 27

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

gently caress a potential 2 on 0 and of course it's Mason Marchment skating with the puck

The Stars have this bizarre power to create a half dozen golden scoring chances a game and somehow it's always Marchment or Radek Faksa with the puck on their stick and the wide open net lol

**Also yay Jason Robertson / Roope Hintz.. Stars needed a good bounce

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

so great that they can call goals like that off because the play was 1 micrometer offside

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Good observation by Jody to point out that after the goal, Marchment didn't seem to have a convinced look on his face the goal would stand.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

it is unfathomable that Reirden hasn't been fired as an assistant yet

It is hilariously insane.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

.Spec posted:

Kraken getting 3 in the first to setup giving up another multigoal lead. They're anything if not consistent.

Oh hey guess what happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage