Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

So is Jonathon Drouin going to be Colorado's Chris Kunitz this year? I mean, that's a sacrifice I'll take if it means another cup or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Yea I'm not really seeing the sacrifice. He was a third overall pick and while he definitely never lived up to it, the talent is there. He's basically on a league minimum salary and he's playing with a guy he's had proven, insane, chemistry with (even if it was a decade ago) and your superstar franchise player is happy about it. Landeskog is on LTIR and who else is going to be the LW for Rantanen and MacKinnon? Lehkonen? Seems like Drouin is just as fine an option.

I dunno, I was trying for a joke about how he only had 1 point last night, and his linemates had 3 and 4. It reminded me of all the Pens fans in here pissing and moaning about Kunitz in seasons past.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

https://x.com/DevilsJointYT/status/1722115069801046439?s=20

originally a major, rescinded down to a minor (but then got a major for a total of 7 for crosschecking Timo Meier lol). the right call, although no call would have been fine. another textbook "don't freeze up in the danger zone when there's a forechecker hard on you". Hughes looked like he panicked and froze up. And didn't play the puck or protect himself. Colton even tried to get to the side of him. Could have been a lot worse. he's gotta use the boards instead of getting thrown into him. feel bad for Colton. you gotta expect a defender is going to know how to take a forecheck in the NHL

nothing wrong with the check to Hughes, but then Colton going and smacking Meier with his stick absolutely deserved a major and all the other stuff. Good job on Colorado only giving up two goals during that 7 minute major (and scoring another shortie) but that was loving stupid and I'm surprised he only got a fine

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

It's not just ownership. The PA is routinely against safety too.

An injured player gets paid by insurance, a suspended player loses their money.

What's stopping the PA from seeking that change in the next CBA? Or would that be a non-starter because all the players are ideology poisoned that violence is good, actually

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm sure it's all more complicated than that; it sounds like he experienced a lot of bullying too and his parents sound like jerks, which means it wouldn't surprise me if he's not treated all that great at home, but that doesn't excuse the track record he's developed for himself before even turning 18. Like, imagine how big of a dick you have to be to have articles written about how much of a dick you are, before you're even legally an adult. It's wild.

I wonder how much of it is cyclical in the sense that he's a hockey player, and "chirping" is part of the game and so the kind of "bullying" is the same that everyone goes through when playing competitive sports. People are lovely to each other, but that doesn't mean you're gonna take a poo poo in someone's locker because they cost you the game.

I've grown up with people (and occasionally run into people through work) that DO just want to stir poo poo and be asshats. That or people that just want to go from 0 to 100 over the tiniest sleight. Hell, I have family members that act like that, and I know they weren't abused or neglected or anything like that. Sometimes people just suck, and we, as a society, need to be better about calling them out and doling out consequences

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Kerfoot was from 2012?! What the gently caress I thought he was in 2015 or something

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Except when they get swept :smug:

Oh poo poo, I guess TWO teams can be smug about that, Colorado and Winnipeg

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

What year did evil waldo disappear? I feel like that happened in close proximity to AsInHowe's "ties close to the family say Gordie's on his way out" and then Howe kept going for almost a whole nother year.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I have a decent chunk of family that are Mormons and have never heard of this soaking thing. How the gently caress has everyone else heard about it and...why?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Chuch posted:

The Sharks end the season as officially the worst team of the salary cap era to play a full 82 game season, with the fewest wins (19), points (47), and worst goal differential (-150 holy dogshit) of any team of the modern era to date. The 2020 Red Wings might have ended up worse if not for Covid, they did have a lower points percentage but only 71 games were played so we'll never truly know.

Congrats boys, you did it. Now don't lose the lottery.

thank god, now Colorado can truly wash away the stink of that godawful 16/17 season

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Here in Colorado, we don't believe in giving our goalies breaks unless they themselves break.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I mean, all we have to do is keep Winnipeg out of our zone for 60 minutes. That's doable :shepicide:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Which is funnier, Tampa getting swept when they were President's Trophy winners, or getting swept after Kuch had a 100 assist season?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Wippersnapper posted:

https://twitter.com/PMG2point0/status/1787979874679804020

Just leaving this here for any neutral fans that don’t know who to cheer for today.

As someone who sings for a living, I dread having to do crap like that. Actually, seeing that makes it click why a bunch of friends were emailing me last week about why I wasn't part of that promo. All I can say to that is I don't need work that badly (I also don't like La Bamba)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

jettisonedstuff posted:

I don't think it's the song choice, it just sounds really weird because they're opera singers singing it like it's opera, over enunciating everything with 50 foot vibrato. See also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkWcNKFBKpo&t=182s

Yeah and the frustrating thing, imo, is that when you're a classically trained singer, everyone expects you to sing that way all the time. I mean, sometimes you get the reverse like Aretha Franklin singing Nessun dorma in a motown style.

Another reason why I dread those kinds of promos is because I don't mind singing pop songs, but I get told "no, sing it in your style" and it comes out...like that