Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

i think killing is wrong no matter who does it. i condemn all killing of all people

i feel like if more people realized that the world would be a better place but some people just don't get it :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I think we should kill this guy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

gaza fights for freedom, op

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

a big reason is differing opinions on anime

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

my bony fealty posted:

a big reason is differing opinions on anime

There are two types of people in the world:
those who think Goku is stronger than Vegeta
those who think Vegeta is stronger than Goku

This is it. The root of all conflict.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Goku's got more natural talent but Vegeta works harder, so it depends.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
because it's badass op.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

The IDF is unable to confirm reports of OP being beheaded.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

speng31b posted:

How do you reconcile this position with the fact that Goku had trained his entire life up to that point, while training seemed - pardon the pun - alien to Vegeta until he met Goku - and yet when Vegeta arrived on Earth Goku, with all his training, was no match for him? Surely Vegeta has more inborn talent than Goku?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

How do you reconcile this position with the fact that Goku had trained his entire life up to that point, while training seemed - pardon the pun - alien to Vegeta until he met Goku - and yet when Vegeta arrived on Earth Goku, with all his training, was no match for him? Surely Vegeta has more inborn talent than Goku?

Goku had been training but didn't have enough practical experience in real high stakes live and death situations yet, so Vegeta was way ahead at that point.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Since saiyans get stronger after being nearly beaten to death, or I guess all the way to death, Vegeta initially being stronger than Goku despite Goku having trained all his life would indicate that Vegeta was a little loser boy who got beaten almost to death on multiple occasions while Goku went from triumph to triumph thanks to his hard work

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Goku is America, good natured, pure of heart, friend to those who have committed genocide

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

vegeta was stronger because his family was rich and he could afford muscle implants

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Nix Panicus posted:

Since saiyans get stronger after being nearly beaten to death, or I guess all the way to death, Vegeta initially being stronger than Goku despite Goku having trained all his life would indicate that Vegeta was a little loser boy who got beaten almost to death on multiple occasions while Goku went from triumph to triumph thanks to his hard work

Vegeta spent his whole life as a soldier for space America, constantly at war. That's not training per se, but it does hone killing skills

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I only have beef with vegeta when he disrespects women

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Have you ever watched the 1999 film Fight Club, OP?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

speng31b posted:

Goku had been training but didn't have enough practical experience in real high stakes live and death situations yet, so Vegeta was way ahead at that point.

Hm, so you would argue that his training wasn't truly training? I can accept this argument. Although I am still unclear as to where you stand on who is stronger, and thus whether or not I must kill you.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Hm, so you would argue that his training wasn't truly training? I can accept this argument. Although I am still unclear as to where you stand on who is stronger, and thus whether or not I must kill you.

You got multiple handouts from God and his downstairs neighbor

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
OP how do you feel about killing Hitler?

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Weka posted:

OP how do you feel about killing Hitler?

p sure it makes you as bad as hitler

speng31b
May 8, 2010

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

There's training in the abstract and then there's real practical experience in high stakes fights where the other guy is really trying to kill you... once Goku got enough of the latter his natural skill allowed him to overtake Vegeta pretty quickly. However there was a slump period where Goku stopped working as hard and Vegeta got ahead. I would say during times when both are equally dedicated to their craft Goku is clearly stronger. But due to having a more laid back personality, in practice Vegeta will often pull ahead.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Yossarian-22 posted:

i think killing is wrong no matter who does it. i condemn all killing of all people

i feel like if more people realized that the world would be a better place but some people just don't get it :rolleyes:

material conditions op

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

speng31b posted:

This is probably one of the most constant patterns in humanity.

There are people who just have a thing. They just have it. Natural talent, good looks, money or

Stairmaster posted:

material conditions

And then there are people who don't.

And then you get Vegeta on a t-shirt looking like Scar Face both representing dudes who had to work for poo poo.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

gonna need some sad anime music to go with this thread

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
when the tank is fight

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

We fight because this is the war room

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

many reasons

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

to party

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

only thing holding back Vegeta is his thinking. if he could just get his head right he would easily surpass Kakarot

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Goku harnesses the power of love, end of story

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
violence ius the only true morality op,, i am sorry

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
everyon'es got a plan until they get punched in the face 😈

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

the black friday doorbuster deal is limited to the first 100 people and i'll be first even if it's on a pile of 99 bodies

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Horny

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
1) because man is innately flawed since being exiled from eden and cannot even begin to approach goodness. augustine

2) because man is merely shambling automata driven by appetites and aversions. hobbes

3) because man invented private property. rousseau

4) because theyre weird little perverts. nietzsche

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What if all the above

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
5) it maximizes utility points the best thing you can do

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YttscNOoAjA

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Smythe posted:

1) because man is innately flawed since being exiled from eden and cannot even begin to approach goodness. augustine

2) because man is merely shambling automata driven by appetites and aversions. hobbes

3) because man invented private property. rousseau

4) because theyre weird little perverts. nietzsche

rousseau sounds neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Me, as a sigma male, only fights when it's necessary.

Cut me off in the buffet line? Hope you're ready to throw hands