Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Debate and/or Discuss.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Please disable your adblocker so Tom Brady can tell you to rent cars from Hertz

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Extra Large Marge posted:

Please disable your adblocker so Tom Brady can tell you to rent cars from Hertz

I used Ublocker's "disable all popups" function instead :cheers:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I wonder what the next big thing will be called.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
I'd like Tim Robinson to spend 90 seconds telling me how Ad blockers are not allowed on YouTube

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Looks like I won't be using YouTube any more. :smug:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Looks like I won't be using YouTube any more. :smug:

I can't browse youtube without ads I might finally get some poo poo done

OsteoMcB
Mar 19, 2023

Lmao ads

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

They already make money off my existence; a little folder somewhere in the ether containing my habits.
I'm going to keep closing it and watching videos without ads.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I pay for YouTube premium am I part of the problem?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You're a collaborator

sdasdas
Dec 29, 2012
Works fine for me with uBlock Origin, be a real man and use Firefox OP.

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

weg posted:

Funniest comment itt

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

i blocked the popup. plus side: no popup. Minus: Every video pauses about a second into it, and i have to hit start again. thats all.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Aishlinn posted:

i blocked the popup. plus side: no popup. Minus: Every video pauses about a second into it, and i have to hit start again. thats all.

I tried this originally but then about 10% of the time when the page tried to load the blocked popup I couldn't scroll up or down at all like a nasty 2000's fake anti virus program.

:thumbsup:

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Milo and POTUS posted:

You're a collaborator

I guess avoiding ads on my TV does make me a not-see.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Adblock will bypass that in a few days.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

your a yard sale rear end pencilhands mfer op

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ll allow YouTube to suck my nutz

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
TBH I have no problem paying :10bux: for YouTube Red (lol) but they are raising my the price like 3 or 4 bucks at the end of the year for me, and I’m not paying that for their lovely music app, and increasingly enshittified video player experience. If Adblock isn’t an option at that point, oh well, bye.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Blocking popups AND large media elements via Ublocker seems to have done the trick

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
I pay for Premium and I still have to listen to jackasses shill products in the middle of their video. C'mon Youtube!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i just got youtube premium as i often will put youtube on the TV and fall asleep and let the algorithm take over and wake up at 2:00 am on the couch to who knows what playing

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

EorayMel posted:

I used Ublocker's "disable all popups" function instead :cheers:

Also use a browser that isn't Chrome, I went back to Firefox when Google talked about disabling adblockers last March

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Oh, is that what the annoying pop-up thing I immediately blocked said?

Deep Thought
Mar 7, 2005
YouTube as company will collapse in a rotten heap as soon as Elon capitalises on this mistake. Definitely the time to sell YouTube stocks. Methinks a YouTube-clone built for a websavvy userbase is in the works already :smuggo:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Also use a browser that isn't Chrome, I went back to Firefox when Google talked about disabling adblockers last March

:same:

Plus SmartTube Next if I feel like watching vids on my TV.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

someone should make a new youtube with no ads and no algorithm and just put a widget on the top right where you can link up a paypal or whatever and throw a few bucks to somebody after they made a video you feel deserves a financial reward.

the company that makes the website can take a % of each donation to pay for server fees and that's it. the website never gets any better or worse.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

right click your vid and open in a private window, gently caress tha man

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

If all youtube creators have to die destitute in the gutter so that I don’t have to see an ad that’s actually fine with me

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Neutrino posted:

I pay for Premium and I still have to listen to jackasses shill products in the middle of their video. C'mon Youtube!

Antiques Roadshow injects actual commercials directly into their videos they put on YT which feels like bullshit

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Hm, wonder what that little x does in the corner of the box. Oh hey I can keep watching with my ublock now. Thanks Google!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Huh that's weird OP my adblocker works perfectly on YouTube.

Haven't watched a single commercial in years.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I watch the ads

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
SponsorBlock has that covered Konar.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

keep seeing people saying this but uBlock origin on firefox seems to still be doing the job for me :shrug:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

weg posted:

I do too

It's good and has probably saved me hours and hours each month I use it. worth it imho

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I actually did pay for YouTube premium for a bit but now I just seriously don't wanna waste my money creating revenue for some Nintendo reviewman just so I can find out a month later they touched a kid at a convention.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

HI IM JOHNNY KNOXVILLE AND REMEBER TO LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I completely missed the boat on Youtube, I remember when it came out in like 2005 or whatever and at the time it was just a video hosting site, like imgur but for videos or whatever - a place you could upload a video and send your friends a link to it. And it never grew beyond that to me. I didn't know that "youtubers" and "channels" and people sitting around 'watching youtube' was a thing until like 4-5 years ago, and I can only name one 'youtuber' today (dan olson).

Every once in a while I'll google "youtube.com [whatever]" if I want to see a video of something, like a movie trailer or a guide for a video game, and that's the limit of my interactions with youtube. But I just checked and my adblocker (uBlock Origin) still works just fine for that. Suck it nerds.

Also googling "youtube.com [whatever]" is way better and more effective than actually going to youtube.com and searching there, lmao

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 13, 2023