Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

EorayMel posted:

I used Ublocker's "disable all popups" function instead :cheers:

Also use a browser that isn't Chrome, I went back to Firefox when Google talked about disabling adblockers last March

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Considering most Youtubers have stuff like Patreon & other partnerships outside the platform, the whole "content creators are HuUrRtTiNGg" is complete horseshit

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

hbag posted:

my subscriptions

This & custom playlists for all the stuff I like. Also noticed yesterday when I was on YT in Chrome, they're limiting views to 3 videos before running whatever script to "disable" viewing. Firefox still unaffected though, kinda glad I went back especially after the excessive RAM usage issues they had.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Literally the same as you, Mint with Firefox and uBO in the UK and I don't get ads, but I have been getting the no adblocking popup now and then. The last time I saw it it was on strike 3 of 3, so I guess the next time it shows might be interesting. I think if you don't use YouTube much and you're lucky with the filter updates you'll never see it as the filters update every 12 hours.

You can also do like I do & update the UBO filters manually a couple times a day. I haven't seen a 3 strikes warning (yet), just the original "adblockers bad" one that comes up occasionally. Once I purge cache & update it's usually all good.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

The only youtube ads I get are from when I watch on my phone. They're all in spanish because I like shakira

Oh baby when you block my ads
You make a platform get mad

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Magnetic North posted:

Hah that's funny, I've been experiencing that. Google having a normal one.

Same here, was wondering what that was all about :lol: might as well just rebrand the company AntiTrust at this point

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Probably been mentioned but has anyone noticed random pop-up messages on YT with Firefox/Ublock where it says something like "experiencing delays/interruptions? find out why"? I saw a couple over the weekend right during times when videos would stutter for a second, guessing this is just YT doing annoying poo poo again because they can't control other companies' browsers/products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

I’ll give it a shot, no ISP issues & I’m in the Midwest but it has been pretty windy the last couple days. No trouble with any other sites or anything so that’s why I assumed YouTube fuckery was afoot.