Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
war

gradenko_2000 posted:

This has been a long time coming but the finish line is finally in view:

https://twitter.com/vxunderground/status/1725290175419277450

we already knew this was coming since at least 2021 and I've been on Firefox in anticipation for years but it's finally coming into full view

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
This thread has lots of various solutions listed in it, with various levels of effort-to-effectiveness, but I'm a lazy goon who can't be bothered to pick through them. Has anyone compiled a handy list?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Thanks to this thread I installed F-droid and Newpipe on my Android phone and have been thoroughly enjoying ad-free, bloat-free YouTube. Thanks goon(s) who recommended it

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
loving hell.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Frazzbo posted:

"You are offline. Check your connection".

Oh man, I've been getting this a LOT lately. Refreshing the page tends to fix it, but if I'm on a playlist, YouTube keeps skipping to the next video and then finds a random video after the last one in the playlist. None of the playlist videos work (without refreshing) but the random one always does.

Youtube has really been screwing up their platform lately.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Checked Newpipe and happy to say that's still working.

I love Newpipe, thank you whoever suggested that. I love that I can download YouTube videos with it in 2 easy taps. The only thing that's missing is a desktop version so I can download to my tablet instead of my phone... but I'll take what I have

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Heard "industrial fan" and was about to put my hand up

Edit for content:

I downloaded Newpipe to my android phone and Freetube to my windows devices. Holy poo poo where have these apps been all my life. The experience is so much better. Two taps to download a video so I can watch it on my phone while I'm underground, yes loving please. Download the audio only just as easily without resorting to some website that 50/50 won't let me because it "contains music", yes please!!!

Microplastics fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Apr 17, 2024

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Khanstant posted:

I'm not even sure what site I'd use to grab a show torrent these days,

I recently discovered magnetdl.com which, last I checked, didn't even need a VPN to get to

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Klyith posted:

LMAO you don't need a VPN to get to torrent search sites. You need the VPN to download a torrent without the MPAA seeing that you are downloading their poo poo.

Well, what I mean is, my ISP blocks pretty much all torrent sites but for some reason they haven't blocked magnetdl.com. I do use a VPN anyway so it's a bit of a moot point.

I do appreciate the rest of the post though because I don't really know that well how torrents work, I certainly don't understand all this private tracker business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

R.L. Stine posted:

i just started using yt-dlp and it owns. downloading entire playlists with one line mmm that's the poo poo i love. plus using it for poo poo like tubi etc drat thanks for the reccs

Is it hard to set up and use? I'd love to give it a try but the link provided just took me to a github page and for the life of me I couldn't find the manual or even find a "download" button