Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I ended up in the 3-strike zone on Firefox, and tried the methods up-thread to get around it and no dice. Thinking I would just suck it up and watch with ads seemed like an ok idea at first but my gods I've forgotten how bad they are. Probably a good excuse to get my time back and stop watching videos. Anything I really want ot watch I'll use yt-dlp until a solution rolls around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

nah it looks they're just rolling out seemingly at random with different types of ad block blocking. i was the same (firefox and ublock origin) and hadn't seen anything until yesterday. now i get a pop up saying something like "adblockers are not allowed" and two choices like, "don't block ads" and "subscribe to premium".

for now i can close the pop up and carry on blocking ads but i think some people were saying they were getting a "three chances then we ban your account" type pop up.

i still have complete faith that the adblockers will prevail though

I'm on Firefox and uBlock and got the "3 strikes and you're out" warning followed by "that's it, you're done. No more videos unless you turn off the blocker." A few days of downloading the videos and watching them afterwards and it's back to normal with no ads or warnings or anything.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Smik posted:

I've never worked in bigger shops but my gut says that it's the same bullshit on bigger scales. Ironically I was going to get YouTube Premium for the ability to download videos but now gently caress them, I'm not giving YouTube a dime out of spite.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

R.L. Stine posted:

love 2 run scripts to download my subscribed videos constantly like a richard stallman rear end dinosaur, instead of purging my adblock cache and just using the website

They wanted something to download youtube videos and that works well doing it. No idea why you responded like that, but you do you I guess.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Probably been mentioned but has anyone noticed random pop-up messages on YT with Firefox/Ublock where it says something like "experiencing delays/interruptions? find out why"? I saw a couple over the weekend right during times when videos would stutter for a second, guessing this is just YT doing annoying poo poo again because they can't control other companies' browsers/products.

A few times over the last couple of weeks I've had Youtube videos just stopped downloading, so the buffer runs out and then I get that message. I heard a while ago that they were doing something like that on purpose for ad blockers, but no idea if that's true or not. So it's not just you, but for me once it starts it sticks around - it doesn't go away after a second or two. I refresh the page a few times and it seems ok.