Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Space Kablooey posted:

subscriptions yeah

and what do subscriptions do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

R.L. Stine posted:

professional crime documentary people (not some kid with Youtube Voice)got demonetized for talking about crime and had to edit every time they said 'blood' to say 'red' instead lol

i love how regressives and other dumb freeze peaches people scream about censorship, yet here we are with users choosing to self censor with weird code speak like that "red" or unlive.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Space Kablooey posted:

it gives me a page that contains only the videos of channels that i subscribe to, without any algorithm curation bullshit

i just have a browser bookmark or just type youtube url + channel name

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

radiolab had a episode about climate change and weather forecasting, and supposedly walmart uses micro weather forecasts for pushing out meat coupons/deals. supposedly xclear skys are steak cooking weather and burgers are cloudy or overcast.

i dunno marketing and ads seems like bs tealeaf reading imo and there still seems to be a rather bad accuracy.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

dr_rat posted:

Just installed opera, turned on the default ad blocker went to youtube without signing in and no ad's or messages, or pauses before a video starts. Playlists works as well.

Have firefox open and can check if any of the channels I'm subscribe to add anything new. Copy and paste title into opera. Bit of extra effort, but only a couple of seconds to C+P and alt tab. :shrug:

opera is owned by a chinese mega corp. at least be patriot and only let native companies data mine you.

also opera's weird gamer branding is dumb and cringe

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I remember the last time I bought a laptop, after I immediately was bombarded for weeks with a pile more ads for laptops as if buying one computer was a sign I have a crippling laptop addiction.

google deepstate : drat Mr Luxury Yacht isnt Hunter Biden.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
my favroite are all the fake musk tesla poo poo. both scam videos/channels and ads.

also is it true some ads are longer than the "host" video itself?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
does not being logged into your google panopitcon account have an affect?

I have still never seen the 3 strikes warning and im pretty sure I have the same youtube usage as the avg goon. (does having a youtube tab going on with something almost constantly count?)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

They're from like Worcester so I was trying to be marginally nice, out of pity.

I do the first two, and I know not being logged in seals the deal, but logging out of YT logs me out of Gmail and Google Voice, which is not so good. Incognito messes up my whole organizational system with 5000 open tabs.

do you really need to be logged into gmail 1440 mins, 7 days a week? (also same with any other account tbh)

also have you thought that the reason ff has memory RAM issues is you have 5000 tabs open? some of them might even be months or even year(s) old?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
going from NPR's WWDTM, the latest SEO meta is literally naming your place "near me" or "in [insert town/city here]" and it might actually work?

seems like stupid easy SEO strats work again.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

R.L. Stine posted:

everyone should be using BRAVE, the SECURE browser from the guy who invented JavaScript and is a massive homophobe, nevermind

Use OPERA GX instead, the gamer browser!! use code RLSTINE for exclusive fortnite skins

brave also does coin poo poo.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Apparently YouTube adds a 5 second delay to the loading time if you're running Firefox. Because that's a perfectly normal, none evil thing to do.

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/17ywbjj/comment/k9w3ei4/

oh so thats whats been happening.

certainlly makes searching through OST and other music playlists annoying but its not gamebreaking.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
some people are talking about spoofing chrome , how do you do that or what extension does that?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
goons and other poweruser nerds had to have this shackup, you really think the most LCD user is gonna change ?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
dont use Ghostery , they had their own moment of selling out and allowing some "verified" ads or trackers through.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
arent graphic p numbers largely placebo on smaller screens/devices ? like 700 is fine until you get a "real" screen?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
how the hell are you guys still get ad leaks? i dont get them and I have autoupdate disabled for ublock?

like do I technically have a better UX because I used youtube unlogged in?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I've started VPN from EU countries again, and no longer get the pathetic cookie begging from youtube/google.

is that good or bad?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
^that

also libaries might also have their own streaming service, granted its way smaller than any other paid service, but you get "free" access for just being a library card holder.

also rip dvds/blue rays and make your own local archive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
libraries also have their own gift shops that sell media at firesale prices, like imagine buying a whole boxset for less than 5 bucks.