Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm occasionally (like once a day) getting a window that says "Please stop using Adblock, it's not allowed!!!!!" but you can close it and continue watching the video, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I think the mobile version of Firefox is pretty indispensable at this point, but yeah, not much point using it on desktop, unless Google actually goes full on on the doomer predictions re. effectively turning Chrome into a walled garden.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Thx for the heads up, Google :byewhore:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Somebody who understands the computers and onlines, if Google blocks these functions, will it also affect the other chromium browsers, or is that something that can be circumvented

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They turned the Have you heard of the high elves video into a YT short, YouTube is dead to me

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They turned it back to spite me! YouTube is dead to me!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Next, videos on Firefox play backwards

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So cool that we ceded the monopoly over all new technologies and services to these stable genius corporations

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
:hai:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Random Stranger posted:

A government run youtube does run into first amendment issues. Youtube can (theoretically) ban Nazis and other heinous poo poo, the government cannot. So as bad as youtube is now, government youtube would likely be even worse for garbge.

The government can't ban them, YouTube can't not promote them. I choose public utility.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Apparently you can access full resolution video in Edge, per Netflix faq

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jisae posted:

If that's the case then some people really pump the volume for their own sponsorship breaks.

It's the new media copying the worst traits of television

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nettle Soup posted:

Saw one once where it summarised a page about poisonous foods for dogs as things you should feed your dog.

Ah, the C-Spam algorithm

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
But it's beneficial to shareholder value so shut the gently caress up and eat your bowl of ai slop

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Elukka posted:

It's hilariously bad. You have to watch on mobile devices or "selected smart TVs" to get HD content. Otherwise it's 480p.

The only way to get full resolution video on PC on Netflix is on Edge because it's the only browser that supports some kind of encryption. I assume it's similar with "protected" YouTube videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

That's the point, I was torrenting things half a lifetime ago. There should have been exciting new tech introduced in the >decade since I stopped watching poo poo.

No, exciting new tech is how things turn to poo poo. "Download a file to your drive and play it" is literally perfection and there's no need to change it