Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

:shrug: I'm just going to keep using my free uBlock Origin which isn't getting these notices until it either can't be made to work anymore or Google shuts Youtube down (:lol: if you believe Google will actually do that).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Running ublock origin on firefox, got the ad warnings a whole back. Tried updating everything to the newest everything, but didn't work. Gave up and suffered dreadful ads.

But I just turned it back on like a week ago, and I'm not getting any warnings... Okay.

If it's the filter caches you updated, weirdly it took a few tries for me to get it to take when I started getting the countdown clock too. I just purged and updated maybe 2 or 3 times and then I was able to watch videos again. Not sure what the hell was up with that, but it didn't survive real resistance so I'm not fussed about it.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Probably been mentioned but has anyone noticed random pop-up messages on YT with Firefox/Ublock where it says something like "experiencing delays/interruptions? find out why"? I saw a couple over the weekend right during times when videos would stutter for a second, guessing this is just YT doing annoying poo poo again because they can't control other companies' browsers/products.

I've only seen that when I've had temporary interruptions with my internet service in the past. :shrug: