Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

temple posted:

I feel my situation being the same as Viktor Vektor's in the new Cyberpunk 2077's DLC ending (spoiler: after years of fighting against the Zetatech corporation wanting to buy his clinic, he gives up out of exhaustion and accepts their offer).

I've been watching YT exclusively on my Samsung Smart TV, comfortably laying on my bed, for years now. I'm just tired, exhausted, completely destroyed by the constant need of muting the 35-40 seconds of unskippable commercials, having to reach for my remote while I'm (for example) washing the dishes, seeing any video constantly interrupted and my experience made effectively worse.

I'm just tired of fighing this war of attrition I've been enduring for years now. I'm considering trying the premium's free month, then giving them these loving monthly 12€ (I have no one to share a family plan with, and I'm no student).

I just want to point out that I don't feel treated well as a customer. I feel blackmailed, forced to sub and taken by exhaustion rather than being offered a valid deal, and this really saddens me. I feel treated like poo poo by Google's mafia behavior. If only they had a (let's say) 5€/month plan with only ads removal, not including the rest like originals/music/background play etc., I'd do it immediately. But the only thing I can do to preserve my mental stability is this.

I deeply apologize with everyone, guys. I feel weak and tired, powerless in the end of those american greedy corporates like if Cyberpunk 2077's dystopian future was already starting to happen. Good vibes to y'all, hoping for the future to get better and maybe some sort of revolution.

Peace out, everyone.

You can jailbreak Samsung smart TVs but it does take a bit of tech fiddling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'd be more interested if ads were like this again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSt4E0pOb-0
Burger.
Chicken.
Hotdawg.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

emSparkly posted:

Product placement is the type of advert that always seems to have affected me the most. I scoff at commercials with dumb jingles and slogans, but when I see someone buy a Pepsi in a movie I sometimes catch myself going "Man I could go for a Pepsi now that I think about it"

If the Truman Show were real it would be like, a bigger ad market than the Super Bowl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lgLYGBbDNs

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

The General posted:

And I stopped using ad blockers a longass time ago. There was an arms race forever ago and I got really tired of having to update my blockers/change blockers/try a different browser and blocker combo every other day.
Lol.
For the last like 6+ years, up until now, all you had to do was run uBlock Origin on Chrome/Firefox.

If anything it's those loving Fandom Wikis that you had to constantly pick block poo poo to make them viewable sites.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

deep dish peat moss posted:

It's like demonic possession, you can just pour a circle of salt around your house once and be protected, or you can pay the demon a monthly tithe to possess someone else instead.
That's a terrible example. That actually sounds interesting in some way instead of watching 3 minutes of ads every 5 minutes of content. Or 1 minute of ads for daring to select a new video.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

r u ready to WALK posted:

https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartTube and a TV is the way to go for me and still works great, I don't really use youtube on small screens anymore.
I think I asked around the start of this but I ain't digging back to find out.
Is there a solution for Samsung smart TVs?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Lol is that real?
Before the BF got premium for TV YT, yeah. But it was always late at night, like 11pm+ times.
I assumed they were hoping you fell asleep with YT playing.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Hell, I remember why I switched from Firefox to Chrome all those long long years ago.
YouTube would constantly hitch up and apparently the only way to fix my one-in-a-million person having this problem was to downgrade FF and hope they fix it in the future eventually or go into the registry editor and gently caress with some stuff.
Or it Just Worked Fine on Chrome :v:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Vampess posted:

Welp, that didn't take long. Apparently there's a Ublock Lite based on MV3, but it's not as good as Origin, due to the limitations of MV3.
I want to know, do these Senior Dev people browse the internet themselves without ad blockers?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I've been trying out Firefox on my laptop the last week and... it's poo poo on it.
It's an old arse Sony Vaio (It has an easily removeable battery!) but Firefox caused it to keep the fans running non-stop, refused to go into Sleep mode and would constantly freeze up for minutes at a time.
Chrome doesn't behave like that at all on this. Memory hog Chrome. I don't get it :confused:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Apparently YouTube adds a 5 second delay to the loading time if you're running Firefox. Because that's a perfectly normal, none evil thing to do.

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/17ywbjj/comment/k9w3ei4/
From the comments it sounds folks are saying it's lazy code who's job is to make sure an ad is up for 5 seconds.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Why does the code not appear if you pretend to be Chrome then?
You read through this nerd crap and figure it out
https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/17ywbjj/comment/ka08uqj/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

There's no doubt that Google is up to poo poo for sure, but Firefox and Gamer GX don't have a 5 second pause atm on my PC so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I want to jailbreak our TV but my BF keeps updating the drat software.
BuT ThErEs An UpDatE aPpS sToP wOrkInG iF yOu DoN'T uPdaTe