Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Just waiting for modern day Tony Stark, Elon Musk, to invent a proper competitor to Youtube Red

Xvideos!

...what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Yeah but they already do sell our deepest secrets and desires to tech support scammers or the Trump 2026 campaign.

I'm sure it's all deniable and pseudo anonymised and any illegal processing is done offshore by the purchaser, and honestly that most of the advertising potential isn't nearly as valuable as the industry has convinced itself it is...

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I'm quite sure I have never seen anything more complex than googling 'bathroom suppliers near me' and then seeing ads for new showers for a while.

Like this stuff is for sure in development and ad men will swear they can do it but it is really worth the cost to serve up ads for a £5 recycled toothbrush to 10,000,000 people who sometimes buy recycled products, or a £50 microwave to someone who is definitely looking for one between 14.00 and 15.15 on Wednesdays in Stratford?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

If you aren't getting the adblock warning it's because ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE at google has calculated that they'll make more money from not banning you :nsa:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

R.L. Stine posted:

youtube is going to hack my files

There's a hilarious as campaign on the London underground at the moment about how ~illegal streams~ can HACK YOUR COMPUTER!!! :nsamad:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Every time I get a warning message I press the "but I'm not using an ad blocker" report button and leave a radical PG13 message to the corpo netwatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Clear ublock cache, reload, sorted!