Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
The new Ask AI option with the preloaded request to "summarize the video" is a life saver for those videos.

The videos that do:

• is narrated by a person with a super thick accent
  • is narrated by a person with a voice to put you to sleep plus you know it includes mumbling
  • the video is artificially extended with pointless drivel to push the run time past 10 minutes . you can try to guess where the point is talked about but :shrug:
  • half of the video is literally just sponsorships, like & subscribe & hit the bell, and/or a very long outro talking about their other videos

Sponsorblock helps with the last two bullet points, but the Ask summary helps with the first two.

For those that want more details here's an example of how you can change the prompt get more details copy the following and store it as a clipboard pin (on Gboard ) so you don't need to copy and paste it every time.

quote:

summarize the video into a full breakdown with loads of detail separated into paragraphs. the thought when writing the summary is that no detail is too small to write about.

I demonstration of the video 1976: Mr Buckle's BRINY ENGINE | Nationwide | Weird and Wonderful | BBC Archive.

Normal summary on the left with the one created by my prompt on the right

There is one downside though. Sometimes the video is so pointless and just has THE ONE FACT that the AI just gives up. I see it as the AI finding it so impossible to squeeze any more information out of a low effort video that it can be compared to squeezing blood out of a rock

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Klyith posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Are AI Video Summaries Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Link Like Nigga Close The Tab Haha.

:okboomer::corsair: