Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014
My YouTube got cut off for ad blocking. and when the two-extension trick I was using after that stopped working, I just started started using Brave and I'm still ad-free again. I'm not giving Google any more money. I will download the videos and watch them from my hard drive if I have to. I will die, AD-FREE, on this hill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

Jedit posted:

Looks like YouTube is completely dead for me now in Firefox. I'm not banned - I can view videos on my phone without logging out, and mousing over a thumbnail still shows the slideshow - but all videos now have a run time of 0:00 in the player.

This happened to me first when I used the element picker in uBlock to remove the dumb popup, and then again when I used a tampermonkey script to basically do the same thing and block all in-window popups on YouTube. In my case it wanted me to click something I could no longer see to start the video, i.e. the warning that I was on thin ice and needed to start watching ads again (lol).

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

Jedit posted:

Is there a way to get round that?

I gave up on watching YouTube on Chrome and installed Brave browser. I was able to log in and watch YouTube without ads and without adding anything to the browser but I didn't want to suggest it because I'm pretty sure I read that didn't work for others. I am still blocked from watching videos on Chrome

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

Oldstench posted:

What is the point of pip, especially on YouTube? Are you that hard up for content?

You can overlay the youtube video onto a video game or activity, the answer is yes though picture-in-picture is the sign of a mental health issue. I started using it today