Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

mynoise ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

dr_rat posted:

Is it difficult? Wouldn't any decent screen capture software easily do it? If the video is showing on your screen and the audio is coming out of your speakers, seems it shouldn't exactly be hard.

The DRM is supposed to prevent screen recording as well. People who watch movies together over discord will often find they're just streaming a black screen to their friends unless they turn off hardware acceleration (which i think is required for 4K content on netflix). I think pirates generally just capture the decoded stream from memory rather than recording their screen though.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Duck and Cover posted:

So god drat stupid because those agents know drat well what the private trackers are. It's all just :jerkbag:.

When private trackers get targeted it's to raid the people running it. Nobody was sniffing oink traffic to send DMCA notices lol.

The real pro move is to just get a seedbox and not worry about it.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Duck and Cover posted:

Yeah they don't get raided not through the super duper secret club but through not being Piratebay/supernova. So the whole shhhhh IT'S A SECRET climbing of the tracker exclusivity pyramid has always been :jerkbag:. I could be convinced that some niche private trackers have use, but for pretty much anything else? Yeah just use piratebay.

ok

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

drat if i just switched to usenet i could get shows an entire hour earlier...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Denim Dude posted:

At one point I had an account at waffles and the other big one at the same time, I don't remember the name. No matter how aggressive I set me seeding to I never managed to share anywhere close enough for a positive ratio and they made me feel like poo poo about it. And I tried drat it.

The other big one was what.cd, I liked it a lot better because it was actually a well organized and curated library of music you can browse as opposed to the kinda flat "list of torrents you search through" thing I remember waffles being. It was such an awesome thing to find out about as a teen used to slumming it on the pirate bay.The ratio requirements were kinda tough, but a few years before its demise they changed it so that long-term seeders were still rewarded even if they didn't get much actual upload, and that's pretty much the norm now.