Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Looks like I won't be using YouTube any more. :smug:

I can't browse youtube without ads I might finally get some poo poo done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You're a collaborator

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Youtube telling me I'm not online, I assume that's because of ublock?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Yeah they've really ramped up the nonsense in the last day. I won't watch youtube ads, I'll go back to piracy idgaf. What is the percentage of people using it anyway? I don't think you can use it on phones so already that's a huge number (probably the vast majority) who aren't circumventing it to begin with. I don't think desktop or taptop it's that common for normies either

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

pencilhands posted:

is there a way to share my account with my brother without getting the family plan?

lmao

nobody ever said you weren't funny though, I'll give you that

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

BlackIronHeart posted:

uBlock Origin updated to 1.53 today so if it's not showing as that version you may need to re-add it to your browser.

tried that no dice. thanks though. I'll tinker with it later, see if any of the other fixes work

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

You said nice things about PencilHands?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Well poo poo, guess I'm a firefox man again.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Just Another Lurker posted:

I'm running Linux Mint with their version of Firefox + uBlock origin and am always logged in, not had any ads yet at all. :shrug:

Are they more heavily focused on the USA cause i'm in the UK?

It may just be a chrome thing which lmfao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

steinrokkan posted:

I'm occasionally (like once a day) getting a window that says "Please stop using Adblock, it's not allowed!!!!!" but you can close it and continue watching the video, lol.

That was working for a while but not anymore

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I caved and disabled my adblock and the first ad I got was for an adblocker.

getting some real mixed messages

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The only youtube ads I get are from when I watch on my phone. They're all in spanish because I like shakira

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Again, I don't see any way there's significant percentage of people even using the things. You gotta understand even using extensions on your browser at all puts you in the "weirdo" level of the computer literacy iceberg.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Weird, tried it after waking up and now it works. :shrug:

Maybe they are experimenting on us

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

going from NPR's WWDTM, the latest SEO meta is literally naming your place "near me" or "in [insert town/city here]" and it might actually work?

seems like stupid easy SEO strats work again.

Springfield chinese near me has a ring to it...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

You can't even temporarily turn off ublockorigin and put up with the ads on youtube; You literally can't have it installed as an extension. gently caress you chrome, gently caress you google, gently caress you youtube, I hope dailymotion buries you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

gosh if only there were other browsers you could use

shut the gently caress up

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)