Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

someone should make a new youtube with no ads and no algorithm and just put a widget on the top right where you can link up a paypal or whatever and throw a few bucks to somebody after they made a video you feel deserves a financial reward.

the company that makes the website can take a % of each donation to pay for server fees and that's it. the website never gets any better or worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

i got 2 pop ups a couple of days ago that i just closed and haven't had anything since

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

what if someone was to like

get this

make another video hosting website where people can make money

psssh. yeah. pretty crazy. i guess youtube is pretty important then.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

engage mass a/b testing program

compile results which will result in all the money for us if our calculations are 100% correct which they are as of 9.07am

introduce the unblockable ads

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

this ad block blocker thing was all very funny and cool yesterday when it wasn't happening to me but hey what the gently caress, how do you unblock their stupid block the adblocker block

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

they changed it to ad no evil

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

why would capitalism allow someone to insult capitalism

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

seems like ublock has stamped this thing out

had those messages for a few days but it's been gone for a few again

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

if i hadn't been using adblockers for the past 15 years i don't know if i would watch anywhere near as much youtube as i have

cos those 30-60 seconds of ads i've occasionally been seeing lately is more than enough for me to stop and think wait, maybe there's something better to do than watch this video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Woolie Wool posted:

Eventually you will lose the services altogether as energy becomes ever scarcer and more expensive as fossil fuel companies tap into more marginal sources and renewables keep bumping against the laws of physics. Everything is downstream of energy, and GDP "growth" is all credit to paper over the fact that we're becoming materially poorer. By the end of millennial lifetimes we will become poor in a way I don't think most of us can even imagine.

the post was about how internet browsers inevitably enshitten themselves, creating the space for something to come in and easily be a better alternative, and you go straight to the heat death of the universe