Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

deep dish peat moss posted:

I completely missed the boat on Youtube, I remember when it came out in like 2005 or whatever and at the time it was just a video hosting site, like imgur but for videos or whatever - a place you could upload a video and send your friends a link to it.

I had a channel starting around 2006-2007 where I would post weird demos and LPs from the 80s and 90s and write a bit about them. I had around 10k subscribers at some point - yeah a scrub number now but back then it felt kind of special. Even got some video responses from people, remember those? My most viewed one was a 10 min sample of Killer Fox - Orgasm of Death, I don't remember the number but it was approaching 100k. It's all gone because a croatian band I uploaded hit me with 3 copyright strikes and I got banned and I was like, fair enough :shrug:, most things I uploaded are there in full now anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

I got a weird burger lottery ad on the upper right corner that looked like it was affiliated with McDonald's. 250€ worth of free burgers offer only valid for 1 hour. I clicked on it because what the hell and it was an extremely suspicious landing page, like it didn't even explain what it was, just a picture of a lot of burgers and "Congratulations, please input your name and email". Further inspection showed that site had nothing to do with McDonald's or any other fast food chain and the "service" was based in either UK or Estonia so lol, OK. I reported the ad to Google and like 10 seconds after receiving confirmation I got another email saying they couldn't investigate the ad because the link wasn't valid. What the gently caress? Did that happen to anyone else?

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

**link removed**

Their main page looks even sketchier than that burger poo poo, like click on any of these buttons and now you're getting a thousand popups and redirects type of page. I copypasted that link into the report and google immediately was like :shrug: no can do. Maybe I'm dumb?? But this is not normal right?

Solefald Edit: Removed the URL to the possible scam site to reduce risk

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 8, 2023