Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Hm, wonder what that little x does in the corner of the box. Oh hey I can keep watching with my ublock now. Thanks Google!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I actually did pay for YouTube premium for a bit but now I just seriously don't wanna waste my money creating revenue for some Nintendo reviewman just so I can find out a month later they touched a kid at a convention.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I mostly just play the same handful of funny videos or stream vods or longplays that I've been watching for the past 8 years. Falling asleep to a Doom 64 longplay gives you spooky dreams.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I remember in some video about Haiku a guy used some proxy app to just download the videos and play them in a normal media player. That would be cool and make me feel like a 1337 hacker

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

flubber nuts posted:

If you're frightened of ads and you're holding on, you'll see commercials tearing your life away. If you've made your peace, then the ads are for really useful stuff you've been meaning to buy anyway.

Whenever I do see an ad (because they're impossible to remove on twitch) it's always for GrubHub which doesn't exist where I live, or trailers for lovely movies. I am missing out on nothing by blocking them.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

GABA ghoul posted:

Vivaldi is a good Chromium based mobile browser with ad blocking already build in. Never seen a YT ad while using it.

Firefox mobile was somewhat of a trash fire a year or two ago when I tried it last. Very slow and buggy. Dunno how much it has improved since then.

If you get Firefox nightly on Android you can install almost any add-on that works on the desktop version. ublock works perfectly on that one. The iOS version is still rear end though and the only way to block ads is to use Safari and one of 3 awful paid ad blocking apps.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Wendigee posted:

Nebula? What's tha.....

Uhh okay you do you

I can only pray it's actually a video essay on racist whites being weirdly into cuckolding, femboys, and the fantasy of brutish black men dominating soyboys or something.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

I looked up the video, it's mostly about terminally online white incels hugboxing themselves into developing a kink for sissification and racial cuckoldry as a way to cope with feelings of disenfranchisement.

It's like fight club but only for bottoms.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I did actually watch some actual cable tv a while ago and caught an and for Burger King. They brought back the jingle from when I was a kid and I kinda wanted to go there despite the fact I really hate their food. I am not immune and I feel like a disgusting animal because of it.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Pajser posted:

cant listen to playlists anymore without having to hit refresh every few videos, so i suppose really long 40 minute compilations will become very popular all of a sudden.

very good idea youtube

Even before this I couldn't watch a playlist anymore because it kept pausing it and going "continue watching?" after 3 loving videos.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Son of Rodney posted:

Alternatively if anyone can point me in the direction of a good music steamer that doesn't pay peanuts that'd be great, last I checked they all paid peanuts but some were at least salted.

Apple Music gives better royalties than Spotify and doesn't do all the weird AI generated playlist filler crap.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I mean, so what if they ban my YouTube account? I can just rereg for free. It'll suck going back and subscribing to the 60 mostly dead channels I watch again, but y'know.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Product placement is the type of advert that always seems to have affected me the most. I scoff at commercials with dumb jingles and slogans, but when I see someone buy a Pepsi in a movie I sometimes catch myself going "Man I could go for a Pepsi now that I think about it"

If the Truman Show were real it would be like, a bigger ad market than the Super Bowl

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Google's data harvesting keeps making them think I live in Australia so I think I'm doing a good job keeping them off my trail.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

My dad actually had a physical rear end newsprint version of the Epoch Times in his house once. I don't know if he actually reads it or if some yahoo he works with foisted a copy onto him. Sadly my dad is a weird libertarian type who'd probably believe that poo poo :smith:

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Zero VGS posted:

I was trying out this Windows app and it seems to be working as well: https://github.com/omega-gg/MotionBox

Just turns YouTube (and like 10 other sites) into an ad-less desktop player. Kinda like NewPipe but Windows instead of Android.

I can't get past that look that every qt app has

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I managed to find the right instructions on refreshing the ublock filters and haven't gotten the pop-up since. Weirdly enough my MacBook was the only thing that had them in the first place.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Does this even happen on the mobile version of the site? I use ublock on Firefox Nightly for Android and it's never been an issue. Honestly a good alternative to the real app.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Ok yeah but expecting any end user to use the command line at any point is loving ludicrous. I don't care that it isn't really that hard, it's not 1993 anymore, and these amateur GitHub devs need to understand that nobody but them wants to deal with this.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Adblock plus sold out a long rear end time ago and started allowing "non-intrusive" ads. gently caress em.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I haven't been harassed by the popup since I refreshed the ublock lists the first time, but when I was watching G1 Transformers an ad randomly made it through one time and I haven't seen any since.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Firefox nightly seems to glitch out for me as well. Luckily the piped.video app on Android seems to work perfectly and you don't have to patch it like revanced.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Duck and Cover posted:

No it loving isn't cool. It isn't cool that we as a society accept the stupidest shittiest humans or pretend like they aren't the stupidest shittiest humans.

Don't sign your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

R.L. Stine posted:

everyone should be using BRAVE, the SECURE browser from the guy who invented JavaScript and is a massive homophobe, nevermind

Don’t forget the built in crypto wallet with its own shitcoin!