Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I pay the ransom to not see ads

No. 6 fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

temple posted:

I feel my situation being the same as Viktor Vektor's in the new Cyberpunk 2077's DLC ending (spoiler: after years of fighting against the Zetatech corporation wanting to buy his clinic, he gives up out of exhaustion and accepts their offer).

I've been watching YT exclusively on my Samsung Smart TV, comfortably laying on my bed, for years now. I'm just tired, exhausted, completely destroyed by the constant need of muting the 35-40 seconds of unskippable commercials, having to reach for my remote while I'm (for example) washing the dishes, seeing any video constantly interrupted and my experience made effectively worse.

I'm just tired of fighing this war of attrition I've been enduring for years now. I'm considering trying the premium's free month, then giving them these loving monthly 12€ (I have no one to share a family plan with, and I'm no student).

I just want to point out that I don't feel treated well as a customer. I feel blackmailed, forced to sub and taken by exhaustion rather than being offered a valid deal, and this really saddens me. I feel treated like poo poo by Google's mafia behavior. If only they had a (let's say) 5€/month plan with only ads removal, not including the rest like originals/music/background play etc., I'd do it immediately. But the only thing I can do to preserve my mental stability is this.

I deeply apologize with everyone, guys. I feel weak and tired, powerless in the end of those american greedy corporates like if Cyberpunk 2077's dystopian future was already starting to happen. Good vibes to y'all, hoping for the future to get better and maybe some sort of revolution.

Peace out, everyone.

Just pay the monthly fee if you care.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Ad-free YouTube and YouTube Music are a "fair" price for the content. Unless you want to go to Netflix or Hulu or whatnot which cost more, have fewer services, arguably worse content, and still might get ads.

All streaming is a joke.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

ikanreed posted:

I wonder if the reason I haven't been targeted for this is because I have Google fiber, and therefore might stop paying them

They already have your data