Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Still not having any problems with this on Firefox with only uBlock origin. I saw the warning once and then blocked youtube from setting cookies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah I switched from Firefox to Chrome a while back too because Firefox's performance was just not up to par, and just scrolling through threads on this forum was choppy as hell in comparison. They fixed all that at some point and now that Google is throwing a shitfit I have no reason to use Chrome for now.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I'm not using Firefox for all the things I have logged into all the time like email, social media, etc. (all sectioned away in their own container tabs) and then using Librewolf for regular browsing and it works pretty well. As a bonus you can close one browser window and have it remember your tabs without having to close everything. Both are are to view YouTube without ads and Librewolf also blocks Xitter embeds out of the box which is nice.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The ads are now literally three times as long now if you aren't blocking ads though lol. On a roku device you used to be able to skip ads regularly after like 5-10 seconds, now it's like 30 and there's 10 ads crammed in those 30 seconds.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Well if they don't update how are they going to serve you those hot hot new ads??

You can also run an app like Netguard on your phone that blocks aps that don't ever really need to reach the Internet from either downloading ads or stealing data. I just sort of assume that every app is wasting stupid amounts of data because people expect phone apps to be "free" for a reason at this point.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 24, 2024

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah especially since the last superbowl had a bunch of crypto scam poo poo that people lost their life savings on or worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
DRM so strong and so thorough you both have to pay for AND pirate it lol

*as a bonus it should also brick your phone and smart TV just as a real extra 'gently caress you' to the consumer

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Apr 17, 2024