Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Perhaps this one

https://drhyperion451.github.io/does-uBO-bypass-yt/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I have misplaced hope that this overreach by Google sees the popularity of Chrome plummet

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

"Don't be evil" has not only been removed from the company code of conduct, they're also seeking to make amends for the number of years it was in there for

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Are they doing something with video buffering now? If I play a video in Chrome with uBlock Origin fully up-to-date it buffers every 10s or so and rarely recovers. Do it in a incognito window and it plays fine after the adverts have shown.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

R.L. Stine posted:

if u type in your password the site automatically censors it, look: hunter2

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Kestral posted:

Is there a decent YouTube adblocking solution on iOS? I rarely use YouTube on mobile, but just now I went to check something on there and was served a 60-second ad on a 2 minute video, and that’s really the last straw for me.

You won't get anything to work in the app, maybe the EU-mandated iOS sideloading law will open this up a bit.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'm going to buy a commercial display panel and go and live in the woods

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Looks like the ad block detection team are back from their holidays

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Also, :wtc: is up with Youtube ads? I was accidentally logged out and tried to watch a video and got a super loud ad about how the 2nd Civil War is going to make the I/P conflict look like child's play. :bravo:

I've noticed them putting in unskippable 30s ads lately, I think before you either had long ads that could always be skipped after 5s, or the longest one that you couldn't skip was 10s.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Can you block the update servers on your network?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Google's latest thing seems to be using ~*AI*~ to summarise the content of a page that supposedly contains the answer to the query you typed in, and then when you click through you find out that none of the claims made on the search results page can be found on the source. Also the increasing effort needed to make it search for what you typed in rather than what it thinks you meant to type - Windows 365 and Microsoft 365 are different products, yes the naming is stupid but stop giving me results for both as thought they are interchangeable.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I am getting that as well and uBO isn't catching them. I'll take them over video ads though.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's going to be like getting steel from before nuclear testing

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

There's a Netflix app as well which seems to just be a web view but the point stands regarding DRM

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I assume pirates still attack the video stream itself because they pull all the audio channels out and subtitles as well, and release it too quickly for it to have been done by capturing the video in real time.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

When Netflix and Prime basically had everything and you could have both for £15 a month I gave up with downloading stuff, but then it all got fragmented again and every company involved decided to be as anti-consumer as possible.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get the DVDs out from your local library

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp#installation