Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The year is 2003. The Dixie Chicks top the Billboard charts, Lord of the Rings fever is reaching its crescendo, and Happy Valley is a fully operational Martian colony. Controlled by the United States, the Soviet Union, private corporation Helios Aerospace, and for some reason North Korea, conflicting priorities arrive when the most valuable asteroid in the galaxy arrives on their doorstep. This is season four of For All Mankind, on Apple TV+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaKbUUdzOYw

Returns November 10th and runs weekly for ten episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Team North Korea represent.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I'm really, really looking forward to the asteroid mining stuff. Inject that cool space CGI straight into my eyeballs, please!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I killed that last thread good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Margo/Sergei relationship used to be my favorite thing about this show and it sucks that I was hoping she was just gone from the show after how dumb her storyline last season was. Maybe they can rehabilitate her character/story this season, I hope so.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Jerusalem posted:

The Margo/Sergei relationship used to be my favorite thing about this show and it sucks that I was hoping she was just gone from the show after how dumb her storyline last season was. Maybe they can rehabilitate her character/story this season, I hope so.

We will get to watch her trying to find food in barren grocery stores.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Nichael posted:

Team North Korea represent.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Lol Baldwin looks like crap

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
gently caress team North Korea. All my friends hate Team North Korea.

Team Danny 4 lyfe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Russian Bureaucrat: Comrade Madison, we have new budget restrictions. All workers are expected to live in their offices and have their beds set up in there now.
Margo: Yes. Now. :ninja:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Negostrike posted:

Lol Baldwin looks like crap

He looks exactly like Buzz Aldrin.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bezz Eldwin

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I hope North Korea wins.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
China is the best geopolitical power in the world and anyone that disagrees is a liberal

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Was it week on week last time? I can't actually remember

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think everything on apple has weekly releases.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

According to the Internet, all 3 seasons have been weekly, though they front-loaded the first season by 3 episodes at once.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rappaport posted:

According to the Internet, all 3 seasons have been weekly, though they front-loaded the first season by 3 episodes at once.

Yeah, most Apple shows front load with two (or more usually three) episodes for the first season, and every other episode is released weekly. I can only think of one exception, outside a scanty handful of shows that were dropped all at once -- and the latter were always anthologies.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Cojawfee posted:

This poo poo is absolutely going to happen and it's so loving lazy. Is the Soviet Union resurgent or not? The compelling premise that launched the show was the plucky underdog United States playing catch up and it doesn't work if you portray the Soviet Union as a shambling corpse that's too stupid and unAmerican to know it's dead. Season 3 Russia was threatening only because the inferior Soviets gently caress up and require rescue, which of course the Americans provide as it is their Burden.

If you want the Americans to be the heroes the Soviet Union has to win the time skips.

tokin opposition posted:

China is the best geopolitical power in the world and anyone that disagrees is a liberal

China doesn't exist in the for all mankind universe.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

team cyborg ed

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

North Korea could have been so interesting if handled well. The alternative history could have easily been a country heavily subsidized by a dominant Soviet Union goes all in on tech rather than heavy industry and paranoia and reaped the benefits. Meanwhile South Korea languishes while the West plays catch-up and the cold war shifts to space. Unification under North Korea is the perfect kind of newspaper headline alt history and would actually matter to Korean war vet Ed.

Season 3 should have been the US and USSR racing each other with dueling ion drives that they spent the decade playing spy v. spy over and Unified Best Korea going from punchline to player when they deploy the solar sail.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

This poo poo is absolutely going to happen and it's so loving lazy. Is the Soviet Union resurgent or not? The compelling premise that launched the show was the plucky underdog United States playing catch up and it doesn't work if you portray the Soviet Union as a shambling corpse that's too stupid and unAmerican to know it's dead. Season 3 Russia was threatening only because the inferior Soviets gently caress up and require rescue, which of course the Americans provide as it is their Burden.

If you want the Americans to be the heroes the Soviet Union has to win the time skips.
Idk if that’s true. In the early space race they were pretty much neck to neck and it was a coin’s toss about who would get there first.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Ed Balls

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

this show loves killing every character except the bad ones and Ed Baldwin is the worst, just a tremendous rear end in a top hat from front to back,

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Peanut Butler posted:

this show loves killing every character except the bad ones and Ed Baldwin is the worst, just a tremendous rear end in a top hat from front to back,

Danny is gone, so is his groomer.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Nichael posted:

Danny is gone, so is his groomer.

Is Danny dead? It's been a while so I don't really remember, but I thought they sent him to jail in the North Korean capsule (which seems like a bad idea but what do I know).

Danny's brother is dead, along with his groomer.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

still can't believe ed gave danny such a crucial role in the mining job when they knew he was zonked out of his mind on space-pills.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

OldSenileGuy posted:

Is Danny dead? It's been a while so I don't really remember, but I thought they sent him to jail in the North Korean capsule (which seems like a bad idea but what do I know).

Danny's brother is dead, along with his groomer.
Danny returns late in season 4, leading a band of zombie North Koreans who live in the shadows on Mars

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Do you think a little thing like Karen being 75% chunky salsa is going to keep him away?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The only good character is Danielle everyone else is a piece of poo poo or just really annoying in some way

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Cojawfee posted:

They show Margo trying to find food in a barren grocery store and you think it's the Soviet Union but no it's the US and there's a minor weather emergency

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

They show Margo trying to find food in a barren grocery store and you think it's the Soviet Union but no it's the US and there's a minor weather emergency
Lol

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I hope they bring Karen back as an AI in season 5. Such a great character

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

GABA ghoul posted:

I hope they bring Karen back as an AI in season 5. Such a great character

Max Headroom style.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Cyber-Karen 2077 grooming a freshly written piece of code in the metaverse.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Turns out it's set in the same universe as System Shock and Karen is SHODAN

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wafflecopper posted:

Turns out it's set in the same universe as System Shock and Karen is SHODAN

"Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. Sweat running down your skin, glistening in the light, your breath panting harder and faster with every exertion...."
whirring sound of cooling fans intensifies

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I pray to god we get bin Laden even though it makes no sense

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

General Battuta posted:

I pray to god we get bin Laden even though it makes no sense

In the For All Mankind timeline, bin Laden happily spent all his time and fortunes playing Animal Crossing: Wild World and watching anime, just as he wished to in reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
We've finally completed the 20th century's greatest piece of infrastructure, a pair of space elevators, constructed right next to each other for some reason